Contracts. (Closed Black Butler OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeln turned on his heel, holding the leaf up. "This doesn't belong to any of the trees nearby." He said, frowning slightly. He glanced down, picking up an identical one. "And here's another." He said, glancing around. He wondered if the trespassers that Jusuke had met earlier came from pretty far, as he wasn't sure of any of this type of tree around the town.

Jusuke frowned. "You are correct, master. I haven't any of these these trees anywhere in this town." He looked up and noticed something in the trees.

Zeln nodded, turning his back to Jusuke and taking a few steps forward, looking at the few scattered leaves that matched. "They make a trail.." he muttered to himself, following the trail and picking them up as he went. He was oblivious to the hidden shadows and the little bluebird that flew above him.

"Master, I don't think this is a good idea. How about going the opposite direction? Something about this isn't right!" Jusuke panicked. If his master was to get hurt, it was his responsibility.

Zeln paused, turning. He tilted his head, frowning a little. "But the leaves, it's obviously a path-" He stopped in midsentence as someone jumped from the bush behind him. They lagged slightly because their coat had gotten caught in the branches, the snap giving away their presence and giving Zeln just enough time to jump out of the way, quickly moving behind Jusuke. "Path to a trap." He muttered angrily. "Who are you?" He demanded. The man just glared, face hidden behind a black crow mask.

"Master, stay behind me." Jusuke straighted and glared at the the two's assailant. "You heard him. Who are you, and what do you want?"

Zeln stayed where he was, in no way wanting to get in between Jusuke and the attacker.
"I am one of the Ayerli, and he must be purified!" The man growled. "Can you not see the dark smeared across him?"
Zeln blinked, taking a step back. "Ayerli, as in, the ones who-" Another man came up behind them, grabbing Zeln's arm and yanking him backwards. "JUSUKE!" Zeln yelled in surprise, squeaking slightly as he hit the ground. He could see that there were several others hidden in the shadows, waiting for the right time. Immediately, he began trying to find a way out, looking everywhere to try and strategize.

"Hey!" Jusuke exclaimed as he kicked Ayerli in the chest, knocking him over. "Don't lay a single finger on my master!" He turned around, eyeing the others who were in the shadows of the trees. "If you want this to end on a good note, in which you leave and don't come back, I'm okay with that. But if you want this to end badly for all of you..." He cracked he knuckles, grinning evilly. "I would be happy to make that happen."

Zeln stayed where he was, rubbing his wrist slightly. Two of the others stepped out of the shadows, each holding a gun. Zeln bit his lip, standing and glancing around. He knew he couldn't help much at this point, being unarmed and quite able to be killed. He wondered if he could run to the door before they caught him. That was a possibility, but did he want to risk it? That, and he might miss Jusuke in action..

Jusuke moved quickly, twisting one of the two men who had the guns' wrist, stealing the gun from the man, and putting up against the attackers head. "Master," he smiled. "Please look away." And he pulled the trigger.

Zeln did look away, he looked down, kneeling to pick up a locket. He stayed on his knees, holding the locket tightly in his hand as the gun went off. He kept his head down, his hair falling in front of his eyes slightly, hiding the dark expression. He closed his eyes, making no sound or move as the attacker fell to the ground.

Jusuke took aim and shot down the rest of the group. He frowned, turning around and looking at Ayerli, frowning. "Well, are you next? Hmm... You just tried to attack my master. So, I don't think I should let you live, as you're a major threat, and might just come back as you already have." He pointed the tip of the gun right towards the middle of Ayerli's head.

"Don't." Zeln said quietly, standing. "Let him go back to the group and warn them." He said, turning and going towards the mansion. The man's eyes widened. "No! No please, I beg of you, have mercy-"
Zeln stopped in his tracks, turning around. His eyes were cold. "Mercy?" His laugh was an empty laugh. "I don't do mercy." He then returned to his trek inside.

"Well, looks like I can't kill you." Jusuke sighed. "Hmph, get going before I decide to NOT listen to my master and kill you anyways." He watched as the man ran off. "Oh my, look at the mess I've made! I might as well clean this up." And so, he set to work cleaning up the bodies of the men that he had killed.

Zeln slipped inside and sat by the fireplace, his left leg crossed over his right. He rested his arm on the armrest of the chair, his head in his hand as he stared at the golden locked in his hand. There was an angry red mark that was caused by him holding the locket so tightly.

Jusuke finished cleaning up immediately. As soon as he got inside, he stopped and stared at Zeln, pondering over what he should say. He could tell his master wasn't in a good mood. "Master." He bowed. "My apologies, but..."

Zeln looked up with a deep frown. "What is it?" He asked in a low voice, tucking the locket in his pocket and sitting up, crossing his arms. He was not in a good mood. The locket brought back memories he wanted gone forever, and the fact he had been found and targeted by the Ayerli already unnerved him.

Jusuke coughed. "Never mind, master. Sorry to bother you." His eyes darted around the room, looking for something to avert his master's attention. Jusuke had had many masters in the past, and because of that he knew that they all got even more unhappy than they already were if he said the wrong thing, so he kept his a mouth shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeln looked at Jusuke a moment before looking down. He closed eyes, sighing slightly before looking back up. "Where did I set my book..." he muttered to himself, looking around a little, unsure if he had left it in his study, in the library, or if he had set it here somewhere.

Jusuke sighed. "Master, you left your book in the study. Now if you'll excuse me, I have something I need to tend to." He turned, walking out of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.