Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
As long as the plot's good I'm in. That says nothing useful though... so I'll say: sci-fi, fantasy, I'm curious enough about horror to add it, aaaand action? yeah, ok, sure, action!
  • 24618251bdfedf84d508d79a347b2990.jpg

• The year is 2164.

My name is Royce Elliot and I am a survivor by association, at least for the past four years. I've been asked to write down everything I know, and have lived through, before arriving here.

Let’s start at the beginning of the end, 4 years ago. The first outbreak.
    You’d think a technologically advanced society like ours could handle a little virus. In fact, we could. We’d done it before. The difference this time around was that THE virus had corporate backing. It was designed to be a biological weapon. The first outbreak was caused by accidental contamination during testing. No biggie. The corporate hands covered it up as a new strain of the flu while they cleaned up their mess. What they didn’t count on, was for it to mutate so rapidly and so dangerously. Who was infected? Who wasn’t? We couldn’t even tell.

Our advanced technology bit us right in the ass when we most needed it.
    By the time they figured it out, that the virus had spread among us without notice, it was too late. Suddenly people fell ill and started dying. Except, they didn’t stay quite dead. One bite, enough contact with their fluids and it was over. We threw all our technology at it, but only accomplished to destroy our surroundings. We destroyed a lot of our technology in the process. We were afraid and stupid, and not at all united. Each country did its own thing and later regretted it.

Some genius and his squad in Scotland created a safe city they called Leven. To my knowledge then, the only of its kind. A city untouched by the living dead. Now I know better, but I digress. Leven remained intact thanks to the charismatic leaders. But they were all powerful in that city and power changes people. In their hands Leven became a dystopian society. A totalitarian regime.

The regime controlled everything using fear tactics on the population. Feelings and artistic expression were outlawed. Citizens were required to take a daily dose of emotion suppressants. Citizens were content to exist to continue their existence. They did not realize they were not really living. We were a different type of Zombie in Leven.

Thankfully I worked for the Technology Division, led by the aforementioned genius, and I worked directly for him. That saved me from the drug he ironically created, but it also saved me from Leven. He and his leader friend, Preston, planned to overthrow the tyranny but their plan took too long. The ideology was sealed and Leven could not be truly saved. Instead, we escaped, along with a couple citizens and refugees for whom there was still hope.

Alas, during our escape and the storm that helped bring about Leven's end, we were separated. We have not heard from Preston Wiles or Nicolas Rio, but we did leave behind messages in case they are still looking for us. We, on the other hand, reached a safe zone in London from which we were soon kicked out. The child, Rosalina, turned out to be infected... we didn't know. We vouched for her and when she turned and killed a Londoner we were thrown out. A fisherman was nice enough to take us to the mainland, he said we wouldn't find another safe zone in the UK. We spent over a month near the shore because the mainland zombies turned out to be very much different from the ones we knew. Somewhere at the border of France and Belgium, we were found by a group of people that helped us out. It took a while, but eventually they came to trust us and invited us to Luxenbourg, a very large safe zone maintained by the allied forces of Germany, France, and Belgium.

Luxenbourg is still beautiful despite the disasters that have befallen us all, but it is also a highly organized and meticulously kept. It is an ant colony in many ways. It has to be, considering the zombie mutations that have happened in the area. I'm more of an intellectual, particularly when it comes to organizational situations, and so I have been assigned to a position far away from the borders. I will be safe so long as this country stands. I'm not sure that the others will be so lucky. They've been in training as far as I've been told, although training for what? That I haven't been informed. Time's up. Back to work.

Royce Elliott​

• 3 Character Limit​

• Your character sheet can be as simple or extensive as you wish. Most of the action should happen IC, but it would be interesting to know some details about your character that might be unlikely for us to find out through IC. Up to you.
    ✖ ✖ ✖

Name:

Age: (No restrictions, but keep In mind that in case of a confrontation the younger ones, i.e. kids, are more likely to die D: )

Origin: (For all we know you were a tourist that got stuck In Lux during the outbreak. Or, like Royce's group, you come from somewhere else. Mebbe, you've been here all along but that means you could be German, Belgian, or French too.)

Occupation: (can be the occupation they had before outbreak if they're still employing those skills, or occupation in Luxembourg safe zone, or if they're new to Lux then your planned job in there)

Appearance: (Picture and/or description is fine. No restrictions on pictures but if you're going to do a real person don't pick someone widely known.)

Personality:

Biography:

Weapon: This is on the sci-fi side so no limitations here either, so long as you keep in mind that more technologically advanced weapons have a limiter. As in, most people are citizens turned soldiers, they only have a basic training and understanding of things so they're not going to engineer/invent/fix advanced technology on the spot. Unless, you were some sort of a weapon designer in your pre-outbreak occupation. *shrugs* Just keep things logical.

Relationships:(Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help with that so PM me!)

• >>>Summary of Events<<<
    Co-mod: @ItariChan

Guidelines
    I won't deny a character so long as they're internally consistent.
    Don't be a dick to other players even if your character is a dick.
    use gud grammahr
    So long as you keep things logical, you have free reign of this RP world.
    If you go a bit nuts I'll step in, but I'm not a control freak type GM.
    I'll be throwing things at you, and have a vaguely organized chapter-like deal going on.
    No mercenaries, assassins, thieves, and the like (unless it's a side-job/behind closed doors type of thing)
    lu-2_zpspp0uxd32.gif

Stuff from the Group RP AD
    Newly created RP... sorta. It's more of a Season 2 of an old RP but starting fresh and from zero. Storyline pretty much summarizes it all and there's relatively little info about this new one because I'm a believer in incorporating player ideas. Basically, and I sort of hinted at it, this RP will take place in an ant colony sort of safe zone where everybody works together and cares for each other. The particular family-feel comes from the fact that zombie mutations in the area have these people much more cornered than the typical zombie creation. Having said that, it doesn't mean that everybody is all about love and peace, on the contrary, survival life with the constant threat of a zombie breach pushes some into ruthlessness.... yeh. Ask away, make suggestions, please! It helps me give this more shape and lead it in the direction, more or less, that the group wants.

Zombie mutations: Think resident evil, bio-mechas, uh... what's that other game with the- Left 4 dead.

Weapons: I'm inclined to allow mechas since this safe zone is more extensive and we have the cooperation of 4 countries so resources should be enough to have and maintain a few mechas.

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140623/page-2|self]OOC & SIGNUPS[/btn]​

Last edited:

⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 l ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅ ⌈ Sector 17 ⌋ ⋅

Cédric was dazed and confused, at this point. There was too much going on to register, so he held onto Tristan. Allowing himself to be dragged, as all the sensory going on was just too much. It was hurting his head, with everything going on. A pounding sensation throbbed as his ears were shot with the sound of a sharp, siren like noise. The only option felt as though to just watch Tristan. That was, until he failed to contact their roommate. Which he had observed only after the phone landed onto the street, only to be lost soon after. The expression there after was a look of concern, which alarmed Cédric.

He glanced to Saoirse, whom had lead the group. Making a gesture that they should just push forward until they were at least out of the crowd. Which came by physically pushing the two through with great pace. Both of his hands placed firmly on their backs, but careful to not accidentally shove or trip them. Cédric didn't have any sort of plan. Even to him though, it was plenty clear that they needed to get out of all this fuss. While he is by no means a thinker, he couldn't even hear his own conscience if he tried.

From a distance, there was Naoto, also stuck with being dragged around. His expression was suppressing his horror. Watching these people die. Even seeing how wicked Stuart(I keep forgetting his last name, but Naoto usually refers to him with his last name when talking about/to him) used the excuse to throw someone into a zombie. At least, it seemed that way. Some people may call it an accident. But when did that guy ever do something on accident? He couldn't help but be weak. Having to look down at the ground as he passed the people. They were suffering, there was nothing the detective could do to fix what was happening.There was no way to just save everyone. Here he was, wanting to help the people, but he couldn't help the people. Sure, he was no part of the military. It wasn't technically his job to deal with this. It didn't mean however that his morals were any less firm. Naoto had always thought, if he'd ever enter this situation, he'd be able to contribute more. Here he was though, his first time, and he could only do so much. Even his own selfish survival instincts kicked in on some level. Dismissing some of what was going on around him.

After feeling a halt, Naoto looked up at Mika. Thereafter to see the reason just why the younger man had stopped. It didn't take long for him to take action after seeing that look and the situation at hand. Without a second to spare, he whipped his arm up to shoot at the zombie that was startling the fellow. Given it was only a taser gun, it would only briefly stun. Had he ever realized before that he'd have to kill something some day, that might've been something much more vicious. Then again, that just wouldn't be like him to have. "That will keep it down for a while. Hopefully help will get here to finish it. Are you alright sir? Are you missing anyone? You need to get going if you are unharmed."

Shirt Status: Off

#424676 - Naoto, #3767cc - Cédric

Last edited:
Dance Eternal's street

Rómulo pulled away from the dead weight. "Than- umff! Uh, thankyou!" he struggled to speak as a new wave of people flowed out of the club. The wave was a frenzy, a crazed panic-stricken mob more infected than not. Naoto, and everyone alike, was hit by the full brunt and all they could do was flow with it. Rómulo looked to and fro but the person that had saved him was lost in the crowd. He couldn't afford to look for recognizable faces anymore, not with the pressing danger of not knowing if he was surrounded by the dead or not. Instead, he pushed his way past the healthy looking people not feeling remorse at all for wanting to live even if at the cost of those he pushed past. After all, everyone was thinking the same.

"Fuc-" he gasped as he crashed into a giant man who swatted him aside like a gorilla flinging a debonair branch aside. The force of the push had been strong enough to send him toward the edges of the herd where there was less crowd though it had also successfully landed him on Stuart, who was already being dragged down by a clinging Mika. The three of them toppled to the floor and were stepped on a good five times before they struggled to their feet and ran for the bridge.

[fieldbox=Dance Eternal Boils, purple, solid]
Like water spilling out of a pot, people seemed to boil over onto the streets. Rivets of flesh stood out here and there like bubbled up water pushing out. Half alive half dead, dead and rotting, alive and unknowingly dying... they all mingled and mixed amongst the living and healthy. But where the piles caught those hopeful individuals their time was cut gruesomely short. Almost in an instant the clear gravity of the situation was revealed. When those who still held on to their reason watched as the bodies of flesh grew, they knew this was no regular zombie attack. These were not the dead bodies trying to bite your fresh face off as they destroyed their own bodies by pushing the limits of human capacity. These were mutations. They were mutations of the worst kind and they were only just forming as they acquired more hosts...

51.jpg
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=#808080]Welcome to the Luxembourg Zone[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"This uh, safe zone, is looking pretty beat... you get a lot of action I see" [/BCOLOR]Preston leaned back unapologetic while the military car made its way across an abandoned field of overgrown wild flowers though the darkness of the night revealed only a part of it.

"This is a sort of buffer. You're not wrong though, we're heading to the quarantined sections. They took a beating a few weeks ago and are being monitored for infection. You'll be staying there for the ti-" the soldier was cut off by the radio screen:

"ALER- ALL SECTI- NITS- CODE RE- MECHA UNITS STAND B- INFECTION! I RE- EAT- INFEC- ON!"
giphy.gif

"UN- WN- MUTATION. I RE-AT. UNKNO- MU-TION. QUARANTINED SECT- O- IMITS!'

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Let me guess, those are the sections where we're staying? You people have a strange definition of welcoming," Preston leaned in to make adjustments to the monitor, but the soldier slapped his hand away in clear panic. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#999999]"Preston, let's go."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"I'm sorry Nico, did you just?," Preston sighed and patted the panicked soldier's shoulder, "word of advice: Never befriend this fellow," he told the soldier while pointing to Nicolas Rio. With a swift movement and a firm hold of the soldier's jacket, Preston pushed and tumbled out of the now stopped car and into the darkness and shrubbery. The sound of a brief struggle was heard as the other two soldiers, confused, turned to look at Nicolas with pointed guns. Nicolas, in turn, raised his hands in surrender. One of the guns was swiftly turned to their surroundings in search of movement. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#999999]"My apologies. I doubt you'll offer us any refuge now... I understand. We'll leave the zone as soon as we're able."[/BCOLOR]

"Your friend ain't going nowhere. You, I'll drive you myself back to the border," said the soldier pointing his gun at him. A rock hit his gun and knocked it to the side and the sound of a stray bullet masked thud of a second rock connecting with his skull. The man fell over unconscious while the other soldier shot in the general direction the rocks had flown in from.

[BCOLOR=#000000][BCOLOR=#999999]"You're a rather new crew aren't you? Well trained, but new-"[/BCOLOR] [/BCOLOR]

"Shut up!" the angry soldier heard the step behind him and he automatically pushed back. Preston would have landed on his back, gun swiftly pointed at his face, if he hadn't wrapped his arm round the soldier's neck and pivoted. Using the man's momentum to his advantage, Preston managed to land second giving him enough time to grab a hold of the gun and press it to the soldier's throat until he passed out.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Put your hands down... jeez! You'll be the death of me,"[/BCOLOR] Preston scolded Nico as he pulled on his jacket and stood up. He was tired, but he pulled the sleeping body of the last soldier off the vehicle. Nico would have reminded him that once before Preston had said the same thing, and he'd survived. Their chances of survival were currently at a lower percentage, so he thought it best to say nothing at all.

They drove the vehicle and navigated by means of the radio screen. It started working fine once they left the field of wild flowers. They abandoned the jeep once they saw lights and took to their feet. The first street was empty but it didn't take long before they started seeing military movement. They were told to stay indoors and they obeyed only long enough to find another way through.
[BCOLOR=#999999] [/BCOLOR]

◜Mᴇʀʟᴇ ✣ C ʜ ᴏ ɢ ᴀ ɴ ✣ Bʟᴀᴄᴋ◞

An alarming address went out over the waves of the FM/AM stations. Merle listened as the radio went in and out of reception during the alert. Some advanced technology that was. Oh joy. Nevertheless, he did pick up on the fact that it was almost literally hell outside. Which made it all the better on a late night of working. You would think working at a radio station celebrating your favorite kind of music would be bliss. However, that zany host was actually a bit of a c*ck if he said so himself--at least at the moment, in his mind. Some pranks go too far. Which was why he had stayed late that night in particular. He thought it would be funny to cover the office with silly string and plastic balls. Which it was, at first. That was, until the newest of the team got designated with clean up for this. A sort of form of hazing. Maybe that wouldn't bother him too much, if it weren't that his boss was a bit of an entitled, hipster prick off the air. We get it, you vape. "As*hole."

Finally he was able to get to walk home far after the rest of his coworkers. Minus of course, the late night janitor. Whom had left just as he did not long ago. The green eyed man found himself in just the perfect situation. Trying to make it home on a jog, praying not to be all that affected personally. Lord knows he does not have the legs to be running too fast, nor the want to be bothered by any monster. Not right now (or ever for the latter). He was tired. All he hoped for when he got home was to watch an episode of JoBack the ManHorse (Or a whole season) on HuluFlix and then sleep. But no, NO. NOT TODAY. As a result, he kept cursing at the zombies or mutants or "What the hell ever," they were. As far as he was concerned, they didn't deserve the privilege to remember which was which. And he definitely didn't want to run into any to sort it out.

Merle wasn't a bad guy, just in a bad mood. Well, he was as bad as he was willing to think himself to be. The good thing was though, he forgot to put his baby back in his cage. He could sacrifice some bird leavings to be cleaned off for the safety of his pet. So, optimistic, or something like that.

The American born man came up to the street of his home, eventually. With poor timing with the help of the constant interruptions from the military. Upon arrival, he noticed, what he assumed, either two friends or a gay couple sneaking around. It wasn't any of his business either way. However, he would have a heavy moral dilemma if he didn't just warn them at least. Obviously they were shuffling about for a reason. That doesn't mean that they knew what was going on for sure. So he made his way over to them and spoke softly as to avoid attracting any unwanted attention just in case. " H-ey, uh, there are a bunch of zombies or whatever out here, you two need to get inside. Er, should, I guess. Things are getting real." He evaded any eye contact. It always made him feel awkward. But if he didn't say something he would have had the situation on repeat all night. Not that he wouldn't anyways.

Last edited:
By now the stampede had mostly ended and Saoirse and Tristan found themselves moving much more easily and were quickly able to break out into a run. They had lost Cedric somewhere in the crowd and weren't able to stop and find him. They didn't really have a direction they were going, and just ran away from the club as quickly as possible. Saoirse scanned her surroundings but didn't see the others. They must have run a different direction. It was at this time that Siemen arrived, spotting Saoirse as he neared the club.

"Saoirse! Where's Dallis?"

"Siemen! What are you doing here?" Saoirse quickly led the group over to him and the four of them stepped into an alleyway to avoid being run over. Lucky for them, Siemen had brought two extra guns with him. "How did you get here so fast?"

"I stole a car. And before you say anything, it doesn't really matter because the whole city's gone to shit. We need to get the hell out of here." He gave the guns to Saoirse, "Can either of them shoot? We can break into a house and see if we can get a baseball bat or something too. Anyway, the whole sector's being overrun. Some sort of new mutant."

Saoirse took the guns from Siemen and handed one to Tristan. Another dead end. Looks like there really were no more safe spots in the world. "Where will we even go? Leven is dead. Now Lux is dead." Her voice shook, "We're all fucking dead. There's no where else to fucking go."

Ronan felt herself being pulled away from Rómulo and felt herself being carried away by the crowd of terrified people. A hand suddenly reached out and pulled her back onto her feet. It was Dallis. The two of them were now separated from Rómulo, but the crowd was starting to thin. It shouldn't be hard to find him. "Over there. I think that's him." She looked behind her, the zombies were getting uncomfortably close. "We better hurry."

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Sector 17> Outside of Dance Eternal, #E5E4E2, solid, 0, Arial"]
Mika: #AA686D
Stu: #488AC7
They’d lost Naoto in the confusion---or rather, Stuart had started to force his way through the crowd even as the man had first lifted his taser. There was no point, he felt, in waiting around, when every moment there was just another chance to be killed. Let Shulz become fodder for the zombies. No one ever asked him to be the hero.

Mika had seen no other choice than to follow his friend as he began to walk away---to lose Stuart would be an entirely different level of unbearable to anything else. But he continued to look behind him, though he couldn’t manage to catch sight of the blue-haired detective. Naoto was strong, though. He could get out, of course. Mika would place all of his faith into that single fact. Of course, Naoto would find his way out of this mess.

The two boys had almost found their way out. The crowd was thinning, it would surely only be a few feet until they found were in more open space, and could get away from this place. But before any of that could happen, they were quite abruptly knocked down. Mika said some panicked, unintelligible german as he tried to struggle to his feet, only to be pushed down again when the people around them stepped on him. Stuart found his way to his feet before Mika did, so Mika struggled a bit to reach him when Stuart started to run.

Stuart had decided to follow the man who had crashed into them. Why not? He would have run in that same direction anyway. He did not recognize the man who had just previously been aided by the now missing Shulz. But Mika, looking up at the other man’s face, had. So when they had gotten just far enough that they could risk slowing down, Mika reached over to tug the man’s sleeve, as a way to get his attention. “Herr zuhälter,” he started, as he didn’t know the man’s name and had also never been one to simply call others ‘mister,’ “Did you see Naoto again? We lost him after he helped you.” Of course, he said all of this in German, and he wasn’t entirely sure if the man understood German. He’d talked in English with all of his friends.​
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Sector 17> Outside of Dance Eternal, #50EBEC, dotted, 15, Courier"]
code #50ebec
Naturally, he’d lost Cédric anyway. Tristan had always had the tendency to fail idiotically simple tasks, such as making sure he had both of his companions in sight. He’d tried to make sure his friends were always right there in front of him, but then again, Tristan had never really been one to make successful plans. He really made for quite a terrible friend, you know, losing his roommate in such a dire situation like this. But he’d forged on, though he would have quite liked to go back and keep looking for the other man. He really didn’t have much choice. And losing one person was probably better than losing two.

He was quite distracted in his worries, and as such he hadn’t even been entirely aware of Sieman until he had followed Saoirse right to him. Bad Tristan. Zoning out like that was asking to be a zombie snack.

He didn’t really contribute to the conversation, just took the gun when Saoirse handed it to him with a with a small smile. But he finally actually spoke up after that, as Saoirse seemed to be getting increasingly upset. Nothing better than a bit of empty encouragement at times like these. “Ahhhh, we’ll be okay. We’ve lived for four years, a little mutation is nothing.” not very convincing at all. His tone was just a bit duller than it usually was. They did just get shoved around by a mob in a mad rush to get away from zombies. And he had no idea where his friend was, so there was that.

“So, where to? I mean, if you really need weapons, my roommate always has extra. It might be a bit counter-intuitive though, if we’re trying to leave fast? I live pretty far from here.”
Right, pretty bad idea if you’re wanting to get out of the sector. It would be nice if Cédric might magically appear back home, though.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Rómulo Seung, teal, solid] In proximity of: Stuart, Mika, Ronan, and Dallis

The bridge was practically empty and it didn't occur to him why that might be. The simple goal at the moment was to get away from the sick and the hungry. To his right, a kid was talking to him in German, but Rómulo couldn’t understand a word of German so all he did was nod yes and pull the kid along. Both of them plus the other creepy looking kid following them crossed the bridge.

“Shit. Dead end,” Rómulo gasped. Turns out no one else had been fighting over each other to cross the bridge because it led into a sort of island mid river. He turned back, looking like an action movie star about to save the beautiful girl, and saw the bridge blocked by three grumbling things snapping at each other like mad dogs. “Dead fucking end and those things aren’t normal! Um… uh,” he looked around finding nothing but a gazebo nearby. Shit, shit, shit shit shit shit shit, he thought before blurting out to the duo, “Listen I don’t kno- do you speak english? Well shit, doesn’t matter just look there!” Rómulo pointed to the bridge with the oncoming zombies, in the distance they could see the bubbling pile of flesh pouring out of Dance Eternal but it was probably best not to look over there.

“They don’t seem to be going into the water, if we block that bridge it should give us time, do you know how to swim? Fuck, there’s some dead bodies on the edges over there… we probably want to avoid swimming…. Just, ok let’s kill. There’s nothing else to block with, the bodies will have to do… Mother fu- sucks being the adult- wait here, I’ll attack first in case they, uh, are more abnormal than they look.”

With that, Rómulo grabbed a rock and a nearby stick that would probably break on the first blow and cautiously ran closer to the incoming zombies by the bridge. He glimpsed familiar faces behind them but he couldn’t afford to be distracted now, not when the first of the things locked eyes with him. [spoili]
giphy.gif
[/spoili]
[/fieldbox][fieldbox= Preston Wiles & Nicolas Rio, grey, solid] In Proximity of: Merle

[BCOLOR=transparent]" H-ey, uh, there are a bunch of zombies or whatever out here, you two need to get inside. Er, should, I guess. Things are getting real."[/BCOLOR]

For a brief second both men blankly stared. Nico’s blue eyes observed everything about the youth, while Preston’s gray ones looked past him at the surroundings. They were a good team, they’d known each other for a long time and that ease with which they interacted might easily be misinterpreted by others. Preston usually made light of things which coincidentally erase such interpretations, but he was currently too busy adapting to the new environment and situation.

[BCOLOR=#000000]“Looks pretty empty to m- oh! There they go, you see them Nico? That intersection over there, all soldiers,” [/BCOLOR]Preston clad in his usual black leather jacket pointed the direction. His hair had gotten longer and though he brushed it back constantly, it was now long enough that it tended to fall forward and to the side. He looked back at Nico, who stood towering slightly behind him, and laughed like he’d hit the jackpot. [BCOLOR=#000000]“Listen kid, you know the area yeah? You mind guiding us? We want to go where they’re going. You don’t have to come all the way, when it starts getting dangerous you can come back,”[/BCOLOR] Preston spoke to the youth as if they were talking about finding the public restrooms. Despite being the eldest, Preston behaved like a kid in a playground and it didn’t help that his friend was very tall, quiet, and overall having a don’t-approach-me type aura.

[BCOLOR=#000000]“Come on! We don’t wanna loose them,” [/BCOLOR]Preston gave the young man a clap on the shoulder to push em along as he spoke, [BCOLOR=#000000]“by the way, you don’t happen to have a cig on you? I could kill for a smoke right now!”[/BCOLOR]

Suddenly, it was Nicolas’ tall dark figure that ran past them.

[BCOLOR=#000000]“Nico!” [/BCOLOR]Preston called out as he pulled the young man with him as he took off after his friend.

[BCOLOR=#999999]“There was a mecha Preston,” [/BCOLOR]Nicolas called back, [BCOLOR=#999999]“A Battlemech AMP suit second generation! It’s old school but in many ways better than what followed!”[/BCOLOR]
b0967d61cd408ea2378c010fdf470927.jpg
[/fieldbox][fieldbox= Dance Eternal, purple, solid]
Mountains of meat formed themselves here and there, pulling along the screaming and the fear-frozen. The living dead aimlessly waiting to eat or be eaten. With every second that passed more perished, with every minute more lumps of flesh grew as they fed on the bleeding and dead. Never had a mutation like this happened near the Lux zone. Others before it shared a resemblance, but never had they spread so quickly and so efficiently, and never had they given fruit so horrifying and with such rapid growth.
i-am-a-hero-5825711.jpg

[/fieldbox]

Merle couldn't help but let his eyes shoot to the left, feeling the gaze of the two men on him. There was nothing wrong with the two, no, it was just the attention. The impending potential doom of backlash just for doing what he himself figured a good deed. The pause didn't feel very pleasant. Especially as one of them spoke to the other-seeming like he was just ignored. To which he felt a bit salt, as well as flustered over. Kinda embarrassing, you know? Although there was one thing that he couldn't help but feel a little amused over. The one that spoke said, what he though, 'neko.' So of course his imagination couldn't help but go to the idea of a cute little helper cat. Fuzzy, warm, and a little bit sly. To which, he couldn't help but crack a small grin as the image appeared in his head. Where was that kitty?

[BCOLOR=#000000]“Listen kid, you know the area yeah? You mind guiding us? We want to go where they’re going. You don’t have to come all the way, when it starts getting dangerous you can come back,” [/BCOLOR]The green eyed man snapped back to reality, hearing himself being addressed. "Oh, uh..." Merle thought for a moment. Lets see, guiding a bunch of strangers around in a highly dangerous area in the zombie apocalypse? Sounds real swell. The thing was though, did he have the balls to say no to these people more than he has the balls to take them somewhere and flee?

[BCOLOR=#000000]“Come on! We don't want to lose them!"[/BCOLOR] He didn't get to decide that answer (although he surely might have added a quiet passive aggressive remark of not being a kid if he had.) But at least if he told his therapist without context, she would be proud.[BCOLOR=#000000]"By the way, you don’t happen to have a cig on you? I could kill for a smoke right now!”[/BCOLOR] Mr. Black smiled slightly, gaining a little bit of ease to aid someone. Something about some kind of ease from doing someone a small favor. "Yeah," Shuffling through his pockets, he grabbed out his pack. Then after he took out a stick and offered it to him. "They say that smoking kills, but what doesn't?"

After looking down to his pockets to find his ever so easy to lose lighter, he stopped to search for the cat again after Preston called for it. It then clicked that it wasn't in fact an animal, but the other guy. Which would be disappointing, if he had the time to feel that way over it. Instead, he was amazed. "Woah! Look at that! It's like that one thing from that old anime. Uh, uh, what was it called?" In excitement, he looked up and smiled as he tried to think of what it was. "Mmmmm..uh, oh yeah, the military uses those too. Those are real things. Huh." Well, that's dispiriting. Still cool, but a but dispiriting. "You guys know how to use these?" He was just taking a guess, really, but given their reaction to it clearly they had some connection with them. They went over to where Nico was, and Chogan still looked at in awe at the machine. Then, he finally realized it would be a good idea to ask important questions. Such as, "Who.. are you guys?" Now that he thought about it, they seemed kinda rough. Off. Maybe it was just a style choice but it was still worth asking. It made sense for some strangers to be around where he met them. There was absolutely no way that he could know everyone who lived near him. But these guys could have been mass murdering hobo hipsters.

#6ea587

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mglo
[fieldbox= Preston & Nico, grey, solid]Preston turned to look at the boy with a quizzical look. The cigarette was still between his lips, unlit, as Nico kept fanboying from behind the building while the soldiers made their way towards the sector with the zombie problem.

"Oh right," Preston began, "I'm Preston Wiles, death-defiant survivor extraordinaire." His tone was serious, but the look in his eyes let the green-eyed boy know he half-joking. "That handsome Frankenstein over there is Nicolas Rio, the genius who will be the death of me," he said and ended his statements with the raise of his chin, indicating to the boy that it was his turn to speak. As he did, the leather cord necklace around his neck jingled oddly since the items hanging from it were of different materials. One of those items was a pair of soldier tags that weren't soldier tags at all, but the medical tags of a person named Colin Wiles.

"Keep it down," whispered the low voice of the dark, tall fellow, "we need to get to the infected sector. That's the only way." His voice was logical, almost emotionless except for his clear interest in the machines.

Preston sighed. "See what I mean?"

The soldier march died out as they passed them by. They needed to stick to the main road to be able to walk with the mechs, but if The green eyed boy led them right and through houses and other shortcuts, they might just be able to make it before them.[/fieldbox]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Merle gave an awkward smile as he realized his inner weebs came out. Well, shoot. Was he even counted as one given some portion of him had that decent or was he too mixed to even pass “GO”? He finally noticed he never lit the cigarette, only adding to the cold sweat brushing down his neck. This, this is why you don’t talk to strangers. At least not the cool ones. No, you stick to the people who look like one of your kind. With the fandom painted all over them, or little kids. I mean some of them were little kids. Which seems a bit pedophillic. That wasn’t his type though, not that he had one. Point is, definitely probably not a pedo. I mean he didn’t think that he was. In addition, he hoped he didn’t look like one. Wait, why was he thinking about this again? Oh yeah. Everyone is in peril and we’re all gonna die. Awesome. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Merle laughed lightly. He wasn’t sure why it was funny, but something told him that it was so he did. It made him feel better, less cringe. “I’m Merle Chogan Black, confusing name, confusing lineage, and generally confused person. I mean not that confused but it had a nice ring to it. Nice to meet the two of you, and congrats on the two of you making it. It’s getting kinda rare to see two people stick together.” He was referencing the last part in thought that they were in fact a couple. I mean isn’t that how you hear about couples on TV? That sort of description? That’s awful cute. And also a kinda disgusting in the pit of his stomach. Not because they were in a gay relationship, he was just uneasy with thinking about relationships. Good for those fellows though. Hopefully they stay together. Maybe adopt a real cat. Name it “Ningen.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But of course, the whole time he found him staring at the strange necklace hanging around Preston’s neck. It was dull, but also shiny. Look at that. Just wanna grab the pretty shiny. ‘No! Not the shiny! It is not your shiny. Precious, precious shiny. Bad Chogan.’ “I like your-”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=#999999]"Keep it down," [/BCOLOR]whispered the low voice of the dark, tall fellow,[BCOLOR=#999999] "we need to get to the infected sector. That's the only way." [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Preston sighed.[BCOLOR=#000000] "See what I mean?" [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]Mr. Black nodded, his hand now covering his mouth. He waited until the coast was relatively clear and searched for a way back. “Follow my lead.” Merle whispered. He creeped back towards his apartment building. It was weird, trying to move fast on your tiptoes. He bet he looked kinda cool. Or kinda stupid. He’d rather believe he looked cool, but doubt made him agree it was probably stupid. He personally liked the the plan of just avoiding the military as much as possible. In general. They were scary. Which also made it scary to get caught by 'those c*nts'. He didn’t need to be reminded of some of the punishments a few government lead programs could be.The thought made him shiver slightly as he slipped his key card through the front door of the building his home resided in. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“This way.” They snaked their way up the steps, careful not to make any noise. They made it up a few sets of stairs until they made it to his apartment. Which, to his embarrassment, was kind of definitely a mess. He didn’t expect guests, okay? OKAY? He made his way past the living room, kitchen, and his bedroom. Then he opened the door to an even more cluttered area, although not filled with unwashed laundry and his shame this time. Instead, it was filled with shiny objects hoarded in one side of the room. From wrapping paper and pretty pebbles, to special edition collectible holographic game cards and jewelry. Everything of course, was maintained in some sort of plastic casing. For protection. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]On the other side of the room was a blackbird sitting in a fancy cage. Clearly pampered. The heavily mixed race man didn’t face the men who followed him. There was no way he could look at their faces. Nope. Nopetty. Nope. Now someone knows how gross he is when he didn’t clean his whole house in an hour before someone came over. Two people, in fact. Two people on this planet know how he lives his life. What was he feeling? Complete humiliation? Utterly mortified? That didn’t even scratch the surface. The green eyed man looked over to his bird and smiled weakly. The cage was already open, but it just watched out the window beside it. He went over to it and took it out, holding it gently then placing it on the sill. Afterwards he opened the glass and let it fly out, as it did. He went out on it, stepping onto the ledge of the building. “Hand me that,” a gesture was shown, pointing to a moderately long piece of spray painted silver plywood. Yup. No eye contact during the process as the team took it out the window, placing it outside. Chogan made a bridge to the next building. It was that way they went around, side to side of each place. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bird of course, kept ahead of them. It could have flown away, it should have. And yet it didn’t. Merle looked at the bird with joy. There was no truer friend than an animal that couldn’t speak to you, but still accepted you despite all of your horrific habits. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eventually, they came to a big wire that went across the street. It zipped over to a few places from the incredible machine. “This is the only way I know how to get across without being seen. I mean, probably.” He went over and sat down on the wire carefully. Shaking slightly as he eased himself on it. Gripping onto it he pulled himself forward, slowly scooting himself across. Which, mind you, did not feel very good in certain areas. It was effective though. “I’ve only ever done this alone. So, um. Yeah… It’s all jumping from over there, there’s an actual ladder on the other side of the building on the next one over.” A deep breath came out as he shook ever so slightly. With every jolt, he tried to balance himself, keeping as still as he can. Once he reached the end of the line, he pulled up onto the ledge of a balcony on the side of the street he was on. The bird had rested on the man’s shoulder with a nonchalant plop. Watching the humans try to cross the street both above and below. So easy having wings. Anyways, Merle gripped the rope on his end, trying to keep it steady for them. [/BCOLOR]

#6ea587

--

Will edit in an hour, too busy rocking out to focus on spelling errors at the moment. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.