Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
As long as the plot's good I'm in. That says nothing useful though... so I'll say: sci-fi, fantasy, I'm curious enough about horror to add it, aaaand action? yeah, ok, sure, action!
  • 24618251bdfedf84d508d79a347b2990.jpg

• The year is 2164.

My name is Royce Elliot and I am a survivor by association, at least for the past four years. I've been asked to write down everything I know, and have lived through, before arriving here.

Let's start at the beginning of the end, 4 years ago. The first outbreak.
    You'd think a technologically advanced society like ours could handle a little virus. In fact, we could. We'd done it before. The difference this time around was that THE virus had corporate backing. It was designed to be a biological weapon. The first outbreak was caused by accidental contamination during testing. No biggie. The corporate hands covered it up as a new strain of the flu while they cleaned up their mess. What they didn't count on, was for it to mutate so rapidly and so dangerously. Who was infected? Who wasn't? We couldn't even tell.

Our advanced technology bit us right in the ass when we most needed it.
    By the time they figured it out, that the virus had spread among us without notice, it was too late. Suddenly people fell ill and started dying. Except, they didn't stay quite dead. One bite, enough contact with their fluids and it was over. We threw all our technology at it, but only accomplished to destroy our surroundings. We destroyed a lot of our technology in the process. We were afraid and stupid, and not at all united. Each country did its own thing and later regretted it.

Some genius and his squad in Scotland created a safe city they called Leven. To my knowledge then, the only of its kind. A city untouched by the living dead. Now I know better, but I digress. Leven remained intact thanks to the charismatic leaders. But they were all powerful in that city and power changes people. In their hands Leven became a dystopian society. A totalitarian regime.

The regime controlled everything using fear tactics on the population. Feelings and artistic expression were outlawed. Citizens were required to take a daily dose of emotion suppressants. Citizens were content to exist to continue their existence. They did not realize they were not really living. We were a different type of Zombie in Leven.

Thankfully I worked for the Technology Division, led by the aforementioned genius, and I worked directly for him. That saved me from the drug he ironically created, but it also saved me from Leven. He and his leader friend, Preston, planned to overthrow the tyranny but their plan took too long. The ideology was sealed and Leven could not be truly saved. Instead, we escaped, along with a couple citizens and refugees for whom there was still hope.

Alas, during our escape and the storm that helped bring about Leven's end, we were separated. We have not heard from Preston Wiles or Nicolas Rio, but we did leave behind messages in case they are still looking for us. We, on the other hand, reached a safe zone in London from which we were soon kicked out. The child, Rosalina, turned out to be infected... we didn't know. We vouched for her and when she turned and killed a Londoner we were thrown out. A fisherman was nice enough to take us to the mainland, he said we wouldn't find another safe zone in the UK. We spent over a month near the shore because the mainland zombies turned out to be very much different from the ones we knew. Somewhere at the border of France and Belgium, we were found by a group of people that helped us out. It took a while, but eventually they came to trust us and invited us to Luxenbourg, a very large safe zone maintained by the allied forces of Germany, France, and Belgium.

Luxenbourg is still beautiful despite the disasters that have befallen us all, but it is also a highly organized and meticulously kept. It is an ant colony in many ways. It has to be, considering the zombie mutations that have happened in the area. I'm more of an intellectual, particularly when it comes to organizational situations, and so I have been assigned to a position far away from the borders. I will be safe so long as this country stands. I'm not sure that the others will be so lucky. They've been in training as far as I've been told, although training for what? That I haven't been informed. Time's up. Back to work.

Royce Elliott​

• 3 Character Limit​

• Your character sheet can be as simple or extensive as you wish. Most of the action should happen IC, but it would be interesting to know some details about your character that might be unlikely for us to find out through IC. Up to you.
    ✖ ✖ ✖

Name:

Age: (No restrictions, but keep In mind that in case of a confrontation the younger ones, i.e. kids, are more likely to die D: )

Origin: (For all we know you were a tourist that got stuck In Lux during the outbreak. Or, like Royce's group, you come from somewhere else. Mebbe, you've been here all along but that means you could be German, Belgian, or French too.)

Occupation: (can be the occupation they had before outbreak if they're still being employed for those skills, or occupation in Luxembourg safe zone, or if they're new to Lux then your planned job in there)

Appearance: (Picture and/or description is fine. No restrictions on pictures but if you're going to do a real person don't pick someone widely known.)

Personality:

Biography:

Weapon: This is on the sci-fi side so no limitations here either, so long as you keep in mind that more technologically advanced weapons have a limiter. As in, most people are citizens turned soldiers, they only have a basic training and understanding of things so they're not going to engineer/invent/fix advanced technology on the spot. Unless, you were some sort of a weapon designer in your pre-outbreak occupation. *shrugs* Just keep things logical.

Relationships:(Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help with that so PM me!)

• >>>Summary of Events<<<
    Co-mod: @ItariChan

Guidelines
    I won't deny a character so long as they're internally consistent.
    Don't be a dick to other players even if your character is a dick.
    use gud grammahr
    So long as you keep things logical, you have free reign of this RP world.
    If you go a bit nuts I'll step in, but I'm not a control freak type GM.
    I'll be throwing things at you, and have a vaguely organized chapter-like deal going on.
    No mercenaries, assassins, thieves, and the like (unless it's a side-job/behind closed doors type of thing)
    lu-2_zpspp0uxd32.gif

Stuff from the Group RP AD
    Newly created RP... sorta. It's more of a Season 2 of an old RP but starting fresh and from zero. Storyline pretty much summarizes it all and there's relatively little info about this new one because I'm a believer in incorporating player ideas. Basically, and I sort of hinted at it, this RP will take place in an ant colony sort of safe zone where everybody works together and cares for each other. The particular family-feel comes from the fact that zombie mutations in the area have these people much more cornered than the typical zombie creation. Having said that, it doesn't mean that everybody is all about love and peace, on the contrary, survival life with the constant threat of a zombie breach pushes some into ruthlessness.... yeh. Ask away, make suggestions, please! It helps me give this more shape and lead it in the direction, more or less, that the group wants.

Zombie mutations: Think resident evil, bio-mechas, uh... what's that other game with the- Left 4 dead.

Weapons: I'm inclined to allow mechas since this safe zone is more extensive and we have the cooperation of 4 countries so resources should be enough to have and maintain a few mechas.

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140775/|self]IC THREAD[/btn] [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140624/|self]GROUP RP AD[/btn] [btn=modc|http://otakuworldme.enjin.com/rpintermediateworld/viewforum/5007115/m/12122311|self]ORIGINATOR[/btn]

Last edited:
Welcome @Kross and hope you have fun~ characters are just fooling around right now but some action is coming soon. Feel free to join at any point once your character is done. If there's anything we mods would like to question, we'll let you know.

@ItariChan @Mglo

I have most of the CS filled, just need the biography and I think I'll need help with the relationshps though. Tell me what you think.

@Kross it's looking good so far, if you want I can invite you to the Skype so you can talk about relationships with everyone there. We have 3 charas who are armed forces Trainees, so they might be good charas to establish relations with.

Sure add me => A Dark Waltz. Have cards as my profile pic.

@ItariChan

@Kross um I found a dark waltz with AW as their profile pic and is from Indiana? maybe you should add me xD => minibluberri. Same pic as here

0dfb0ad0daf5be9e47471189df55375e.jpg

Name: Nicodemus De La Croix

Origin: Nico is a wanderer, not afraid to brave the harsh world outside. No one knows how he's survived for so long.

Occupation: Could be placed in Medical/Engineering or as a soldier.

Appearance: 'Nico' stands out more than anyone. While handsome, his unearthly appearance draws attention. He has platinum colored hair that messily falls around his very pale, death-like face. His skin is softer than a feather and as white as a dove. Though he may be shorter than some, his frail looking body belies a hidden strength. His eyes change hues; in the daylight hours they appear a deep amethyst but a night they glow like rubies.

808275bbd398fd730112804e8c90258d.jpg

Personality: At first glance seems kind, considerate and hardworking. In truth, he is. But, its like judging an iceberg by only what's above the waters. A true psychopath, its extremely difficult for him to form any kind of bond or emotional attachment.His charming personality; a gentlemanly demeanor that's always seemingly calm can often disarm others into lowering their guard. He's learned to mimic emotions, despite his inability to actually feel them, and will appear normal to unsuspecting people. Well-educated through experience most 18 year-olds don't hold, he's able to hold down occupations be it in the medical, engineering fields or even being a soldier as he has been in the past with a quite astute sense of direction. He is so good at manipulation and mimicry that they have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting his true nature.

When committing crimes, Nicodemus will carefully plan out every detail in advance and often have contingency plans in place. Unlike his sociopathic counterparts, psychopathic criminals are cool, calm, and meticulous. Their crimes, whether violent or non-violent, will be highly organized and generally offer few clues for authorities to pursue. There are other differences between sociopathy and psychopathy; firstly being the nature vs nurture rule. It is believed that psychopathy is the largely the result of "nature" (genetics) while sociopathy is more likely the result of "nurture" (environment). Psychopathy is related to a physiological defect that results in the underdevelopment of the part of the brain responsible for impulse control and emotions. Sociopathy, on the other hand, is more likely the product of childhood trauma and physical/emotional abuse.

However, Nicodemus isn't like a large portion of psychopaths in that his impulses and tendencies aren't strictly innate--while he was born a psychopath, these tendencies weren't displayed until AFTER his parents tortured and abused him. His first two kills were of his parents and because, and because they were out of dog food which they had kept him living off of, he butchered and ate them and began collecting bones from the bodies of those he killed and ate. There are 206 bones in a human body--he has 103.

Weapon:

Lawn mower blades:

FNZ9210HFSH4WZF.LARGE.jpg

e4f30acf76bbdd035da56d4097d2e6fc.jpg

Cleaver

8427fd23aa99e6c557278e66882e553d.jpg

Scalpel:
e83c9c6f6886352f1498880a14123d8d.jpg

Relationship:

Biography:

Last edited:

Name: Toby Rogers

Origin: USA

Appearance:
Soft brown hair, with a short beard or scruff. Olive green eyes. 6'2" Muscular build, like shirts with a tighter fit.

Personality:
Toby is a timid man who is afraid of a lot of things. His stature gives him absolutely no bonus confidence, and often hides behind others when confronted. Though timid, he does have a big heart and likes helping others as much as he can, and often puts others' priorities above his own. He is also a forgetful individual, and is quite messy. He may cry when faced with difficult situations. Toby always keeps a disarming innocent smile on his face, as he wishes for everyone to be happy.

Biography:
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Toby never had anything profoundly exciting happen in his life up until the outbreak. He lived a mundane life with his parents, who were accountants. He studied nursing in college, and graduated with a bachelor in it, but found nursing a bit too stressful for him and took up a barista job at his local coffee joint for the time being. Though he gets queasy just at the sight of blood, his passion for helping others was what drove him to complete a medical degree.

The outbreak didn't hit in Boston at once, but was rather a steady growth. One really wouldn't notice until the situation got bad. Toby's father was infected before he knew it, and soon enough his mother followed. He escaped the outbreak mainly due to his friend, Faith Avalon, an outdoors enthusiast and part-time wilderness survival instructor. Faith was the one who rescued a crying Toby from his house when his mother turned. The two have been best friends since high school, though the contrast between their personalities is great. She was the one that organized everything from passages to routes that the two were to take. Toby has had to become a field medic occasionally, and though he still hates the sight of blood, he does well in healing up others.

Weapons:
  • Pistol: Currently not a good shot; decent, but not good. Toby has no clue what type of gun it is.
  • Switchblade: Given to him by his friend Faith. Rarely uses it for combat, mostly just for day-to-day needs.

Relationships:
  • Faith Avalon: Best friends since high school. Escaped together. Looks up to her as a big sister. Basically the only reason he is alive after the outbreak.

Trivia:
  • Toby can fluently speak both English and Spanish.
  • Trying to learn Mandarin and Japanese.
  • Technically passed to be a paramedic, but he thought it was too stressful and also is not fond of the sight of blood.
  • He has a little sister that went off to college in California before the outbreak. He has been unable to contact her and knows next to nothing about her whereabouts or condition.
  • He loves hugs.
  • Has been being trained in weaponry by Faith since the outbreak. His favorite type of weapon so far is the sniper rifle, but he is also currently terrible at using one.
[/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine with me! What nationality were you thinking of making her?

• The year is 2164.

My name is Royce Elliot and I am a survivor by association, at least for the past four years. I've been asked to write down everything I know, and have lived through, before arriving here.

You'd think a technologically advanced society like ours could handle a little virus. In fact, we could. We'd done it before. The difference this time around was that THE virus had corporate backing. It was designed to be a biological weapon. The first outbreak was caused by accidental contamination during testing. No biggie. The corporate hands covered it up as a new strain of the flu while they cleaned up their mess. What they didn't count on, was for it to mutate so rapidly and so dangerously. Who was infected? Who wasn't? We couldn't even tell.

By the time they figured it out, that the virus had spread among us without notice, it was too late. Suddenly people fell ill and started dying. Except, they didn't stay quite dead. One bite, enough contact with their fluids and it was over. We threw all our technology at it, but only accomplished to destroy our surroundings. We destroyed a lot of our technology in the process. We were afraid and stupid, and not at all united. Each country did its own thing and later regretted it.

Some genius and his squad in Scotland created a safe city they called Leven. To my knowledge then, the only of its kind. A city untouched by the living dead. Now I know better, but I digress. Leven remained intact thanks to the charismatic leaders. But they were all powerful in that city and power changes people. In their hands Leven became a dystopian society. A totalitarian regime.

The regime controlled everything using fear tactics on the population. Feelings and artistic expression were outlawed. Citizens were required to take a daily dose of emotion suppressants. Citizens were content to exist to continue their existence. They did not realize they were not really living. We were a different type of Zombie in Leven.

Thankfully I worked for the Technology Division, led by the aforementioned genius, and I worked directly for him. That saved me from the drug he ironically created, but it also saved me from Leven. He and his leader friend, Preston, planned to overthrow the tyranny but their plan took too long. The ideology was sealed and Leven could not be truly saved. Instead, we escaped, along with a couple citizens and refugees for whom there was still hope.

Alas, during our escape and the storm that helped bring about Leven's end, we were separated. We have not heard from Preston Wiles or Nicolas Rio, but we did leave behind messages in case they are still looking for us. We, on the other hand, reached a safe zone in London from which we were soon kicked out. The child, Rosalina, turned out to be infected... we didn't know. We vouched for her and when she turned and killed a Londoner we were thrown out. A fisherman was nice enough to take us to the mainland, he said we wouldn't find another safe zone in the UK. We spent over a month near the shore because the mainland zombies turned out to be very much different from the ones we knew. Somewhere at the border of France and Belgium, we were found by a group of people that helped us out. It took a while, but eventually they came to trust us and invited us to Luxenbourg, a very large safe zone maintained by the allied forces of Germany, France, and Belgium.

Luxenbourg is still beautiful despite the disasters that have befallen us all, but it is also a highly organized and meticulously kept. It is an ant colony in many ways. It has to be, considering the zombie mutations that have happened in the area. I'm more of an intellectual, particularly when it comes to organizational situations, and so I have been assigned to a position far away from the borders. I will be safe so long as this country stands. I'm not sure that the others will be so lucky. They've been in training as far as I've been told, although training for what? That I haven't been informed. Time's up. Back to work.

Royce Elliott​

• 3 Character Limit​

• Your character sheet can be as simple or extensive as you wish. Most of the action should happen IC, but it would be interesting to know some details about your character that might be unlikely for us to find out through IC. Up to you.
    ✖ ✖ ✖

Name:

Age: (No restrictions, but keep In mind that in case of a confrontation the younger ones, i.e. kids, are more likely to die D: )

Origin: (For all we know you were a tourist that got stuck In Lux during the outbreak. Or, like Royce's group, you come from somewhere else. Mebbe, you've been here all along but that means you could be German, Belgian, or French too.)

Occupation: (can be the occupation they had before outbreak if they're still being employed for those skills, or occupation in Luxembourg safe zone, or if they're new to Lux then your planned job in there)

Appearance: (Picture and/or description is fine. No restrictions on pictures but if you're going to do a real person don't pick someone widely known.)

Personality:

Biography:

Weapon: This is on the sci-fi side so no limitations here either, so long as you keep in mind that more technologically advanced weapons have a limiter. As in, most people are citizens turned soldiers, they only have a basic training and understanding of things so they're not going to engineer/invent/fix advanced technology on the spot. Unless, you were some sort of a weapon designer in your pre-outbreak occupation. *shrugs* Just keep things logical.

Relationships:(Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help with that so PM me!)

Guidelines
    use gud grammahr
    I'll be throwing things at you, and have a vaguely organized chapter-like deal going on.
    No mercenaries, assassins, thieves, and the like (unless it's a side-job/behind closed doors type of thing)
    lu-2_zpspp0uxd32.gif

Newly created RP... sorta. It's more of a Season 2 of an old RP but starting fresh and from zero. Storyline pretty much summarizes it all and there's relatively little info about this new one because I'm a believer in incorporating player ideas. Basically, and I sort of hinted at it, this RP will take place in an ant colony sort of safe zone where everybody works together and cares for each other. The particular family-feel comes from the fact that zombie mutations in the area have these people much more cornered than the typical zombie creation. Having said that, it doesn't mean that everybody is all about love and peace, on the contrary, survival life with the constant threat of a zombie breach pushes some into ruthlessness.... yeh. Ask away, make suggestions, please! It helps me give this more shape and lead it in the direction, more or less, that the group wants.

Zombie mutations: Think resident evil, bio-mechas, uh... what's that other game with the- Left 4 dead.

Weapons: I'm inclined to allow mechas since this safe zone is more extensive and we have the cooperation of 4 countries so resources should be enough to have and maintain a few mechas.

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140775/|self]IC THREAD[/btn] [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140624/|self]GROUP RP AD[/btn] [btn=modc|http://otakuworldme.enjin.com/rpintermediateworld/viewforum/5007115/m/12122311|self]ORIGINATOR[/btn]

• The year is 2164.

Royce Elliott​

• 3 Character Limit​

✖ ✖ ✖

Name:

Personality:

Biography:

Guidelines
    use gud grammahr
    lu-2_zpspp0uxd32.gif

full

Character Name:
Kale Audin
Farmer/ former assassin
Strengths:
Swordfighting
Weaknesses:
Mild PTSD
General Appearance:
Tall, lanky
Black hair
Dark grey eyes
paleish
Talents:
Knife throwing
Hunting/ Gathering
Cooking
Slight of hand
Pick-pocketing
Climbing
Lock-picking
imitation
Inabilities:
Forming friendships/ anything social
Fears:
Nothing really (too lazy to think of stuff for this category /: )
General Personality:
Emo, slightly scary, anti-social
Inner Personality:
Loyal friend
Lonely
Inner turmoil
History:
Lived in inner Lexington until he was kidnapped and forced to train into an assassins guild, escaped at age of 25 by cutting tracker out of his wrist.

@Trei Christensen
You've been added by the way.

Everyone else:
I'll get to work tomorrow and do some GMing as well as RPing. Sorry for the wait.

It seems I have lied to you! Not for the first time either >_<

Since it's been a while, I'll not do a Death Round. I'm just going to off all inactives or have them MIA. The situation is still chaos, which is nice for all you newbies (if you're still interested in jumping in). I finally made up my mind, so you'll see a little bit more of the type of mutation we're gonna be dealing with D:

I'll have it all up by tonight (I'm currently at lunch, typing form phone... not fun)

THIS RP WILL BE ENDING (probably) IN A MONTH OR TWO.

I'll be posting regularly until then, seems like it'll likely just me be but that's ok.
IF you want to jump into the crazyness feel free to join. Any character is welcomed, you don't need my permission to jump in. I won't require a CS if you don't want to make one.
I hope, expect, chaos 8D
HAVE FUN!

Oh so it's a jump-in without a CS now?

How fun~ I'll make a very basic CS just because I like to and post.

Reactions: Mglo
full

Name: Valsa Musetta

Origin: Colombia

Personality: Valsa is a quiet, yet assertive woman who's crazy about keeping her independent, carefree lifestyle. All she needs is her guitar and she's content with life.
This makes her a bit anti-people, but not anti-social as she's familiar and comfortable with everyday social mannerisms. Her outlet is her music, though she's force to keep it as hidden as possible.

She can be overbearing and a bit rough around the edges, but overall Valsa is a stable woman high on life.

Biography: WIP

Weapon: A civilian allowed handgun with multiple magazines and a "joke" billy club used by old school police.

Relationships: Open

Short CS for me to keep my mind on my character when IC. Not too sure if the IC is still rolling along, but I'm quickly getting familiar with the story and everything.

@Pray4me IC is rolling along~ Feel free to jump in whenever/wherever you feel comfortable. Let me know if you need ideas or help jumping in or catching up. We're all basically in the same sector running around from a mass infection that's turning out to be more than your typical zombie infection and going onto mutation.

I'll be posting later but FYI one of my characters, Rómulo, is on some midsized bridge. My other two are roaming some streets a ways away from the dance club which is the epicenter of it all. They just met a couple other characters on the street.

Reactions: Pray4me
Hello, I am new here and I just saw your roleplay in a ad, can I join in?

Of course!
Just beware, given that activity has slowed down quite a bit and hasn't picked up much it's probably going to end. HOWEVER, I do promise a lot of action and zombies and survival as it goes down D:

Having said that, if you still want to jump into it you can do so as soon as you like. I'm not requiring CSs anymore but feel free to make one if you choose. Either way, you're automatically accepted!

Welcome~
I'm also currently working on a mass post and it should go up before I go to bed. Feel free to join any of the two groups my characters are in, or the third one but I'm not sure if they'll reply since it's been a while. They're usually good about replying tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.