Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
As long as the plot's good I'm in. That says nothing useful though... so I'll say: sci-fi, fantasy, I'm curious enough about horror to add it, aaaand action? yeah, ok, sure, action!
  • 24618251bdfedf84d508d79a347b2990.jpg

• The year is 2164.

My name is Royce Elliot and I am a survivor by association, at least for the past four years. I've been asked to write down everything I know, and have lived through, before arriving here.

Let's start at the beginning of the end, 4 years ago. The first outbreak.
    You'd think a technologically advanced society like ours could handle a little virus. In fact, we could. We'd done it before. The difference this time around was that THE virus had corporate backing. It was designed to be a biological weapon. The first outbreak was caused by accidental contamination during testing. No biggie. The corporate hands covered it up as a new strain of the flu while they cleaned up their mess. What they didn't count on, was for it to mutate so rapidly and so dangerously. Who was infected? Who wasn't? We couldn't even tell.

Our advanced technology bit us right in the ass when we most needed it.
    By the time they figured it out, that the virus had spread among us without notice, it was too late. Suddenly people fell ill and started dying. Except, they didn't stay quite dead. One bite, enough contact with their fluids and it was over. We threw all our technology at it, but only accomplished to destroy our surroundings. We destroyed a lot of our technology in the process. We were afraid and stupid, and not at all united. Each country did its own thing and later regretted it.

Some genius and his squad in Scotland created a safe city they called Leven. To my knowledge then, the only of its kind. A city untouched by the living dead. Now I know better, but I digress. Leven remained intact thanks to the charismatic leaders. But they were all powerful in that city and power changes people. In their hands Leven became a dystopian society. A totalitarian regime.

The regime controlled everything using fear tactics on the population. Feelings and artistic expression were outlawed. Citizens were required to take a daily dose of emotion suppressants. Citizens were content to exist to continue their existence. They did not realize they were not really living. We were a different type of Zombie in Leven.

Thankfully I worked for the Technology Division, led by the aforementioned genius, and I worked directly for him. That saved me from the drug he ironically created, but it also saved me from Leven. He and his leader friend, Preston, planned to overthrow the tyranny but their plan took too long. The ideology was sealed and Leven could not be truly saved. Instead, we escaped, along with a couple citizens and refugees for whom there was still hope.

Alas, during our escape and the storm that helped bring about Leven's end, we were separated. We have not heard from Preston Wiles or Nicolas Rio, but we did leave behind messages in case they are still looking for us. We, on the other hand, reached a safe zone in London from which we were soon kicked out. The child, Rosalina, turned out to be infected... we didn't know. We vouched for her and when she turned and killed a Londoner we were thrown out. A fisherman was nice enough to take us to the mainland, he said we wouldn't find another safe zone in the UK. We spent over a month near the shore because the mainland zombies turned out to be very much different from the ones we knew. Somewhere at the border of France and Belgium, we were found by a group of people that helped us out. It took a while, but eventually they came to trust us and invited us to Luxenbourg, a very large safe zone maintained by the allied forces of Germany, France, and Belgium.

Luxenbourg is still beautiful despite the disasters that have befallen us all, but it is also a highly organized and meticulously kept. It is an ant colony in many ways. It has to be, considering the zombie mutations that have happened in the area. I'm more of an intellectual, particularly when it comes to organizational situations, and so I have been assigned to a position far away from the borders. I will be safe so long as this country stands. I'm not sure that the others will be so lucky. They've been in training as far as I've been told, although training for what? That I haven't been informed. Time's up. Back to work.

Royce Elliott​

• 3 Character Limit​

• Your character sheet can be as simple or extensive as you wish. Most of the action should happen IC, but it would be interesting to know some details about your character that might be unlikely for us to find out through IC. Up to you.
    ✖ ✖ ✖

Name:

Age: (No restrictions, but keep In mind that in case of a confrontation the younger ones, i.e. kids, are more likely to die D: )

Origin: (For all we know you were a tourist that got stuck In Lux during the outbreak. Or, like Royce's group, you come from somewhere else. Mebbe, you've been here all along but that means you could be German, Belgian, or French too.)

Occupation: (can be the occupation they had before outbreak if they're still being employed for those skills, or occupation in Luxembourg safe zone, or if they're new to Lux then your planned job in there)

Appearance: (Picture and/or description is fine. No restrictions on pictures but if you're going to do a real person don't pick someone widely known.)

Personality:

Biography:

Weapon: This is on the sci-fi side so no limitations here either, so long as you keep in mind that more technologically advanced weapons have a limiter. As in, most people are citizens turned soldiers, they only have a basic training and understanding of things so they're not going to engineer/invent/fix advanced technology on the spot. Unless, you were some sort of a weapon designer in your pre-outbreak occupation. *shrugs* Just keep things logical.

Relationships:(Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help with that so PM me!)

• >>>Summary of Events<<<
    Co-mod: @ItariChan

Guidelines
    I won't deny a character so long as they're internally consistent.
    Don't be a dick to other players even if your character is a dick.
    use gud grammahr
    So long as you keep things logical, you have free reign of this RP world.
    If you go a bit nuts I'll step in, but I'm not a control freak type GM.
    I'll be throwing things at you, and have a vaguely organized chapter-like deal going on.
    No mercenaries, assassins, thieves, and the like (unless it's a side-job/behind closed doors type of thing)
    lu-2_zpspp0uxd32.gif

Stuff from the Group RP AD
    Newly created RP... sorta. It's more of a Season 2 of an old RP but starting fresh and from zero. Storyline pretty much summarizes it all and there's relatively little info about this new one because I'm a believer in incorporating player ideas. Basically, and I sort of hinted at it, this RP will take place in an ant colony sort of safe zone where everybody works together and cares for each other. The particular family-feel comes from the fact that zombie mutations in the area have these people much more cornered than the typical zombie creation. Having said that, it doesn't mean that everybody is all about love and peace, on the contrary, survival life with the constant threat of a zombie breach pushes some into ruthlessness.... yeh. Ask away, make suggestions, please! It helps me give this more shape and lead it in the direction, more or less, that the group wants.

Zombie mutations: Think resident evil, bio-mechas, uh... what's that other game with the- Left 4 dead.

Weapons: I'm inclined to allow mechas since this safe zone is more extensive and we have the cooperation of 4 countries so resources should be enough to have and maintain a few mechas.

[btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140775/|self]IC THREAD[/btn] [btn=modc|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/containment.140624/|self]GROUP RP AD[/btn] [btn=modc|http://otakuworldme.enjin.com/rpintermediateworld/viewforum/5007115/m/12122311|self]ORIGINATOR[/btn]

Last edited:
Hey. Regrettably I come to tell you I'll be leaving Iwaku completely for an indefinite amount of time. Most certainly after a week, on the 22nd. While it seems out of the blue there have been mounting personal issues in my life that have recently taken a turn for the worst. I'm fine, but things around me are not so fortunate. I'll need all my time and attention to deal/resolve with them so I won't be able to afford to be on here or to post. That said, I will be posting my second part before leaving. I already have it planned out and I believe it would be better to finish it than left open. While I rather not have Andrew die, if a majority vote demands it I'll consider adding it.

Just like to end saying that while very short it's been fun Rping here with you all. You few are quite talented writers and the setting was interesting to work with. If and when I ever do come back I'll try to see if you're still around.

Last edited:
Darn, right when I show my face again.
Whenever you pop back up I'll make sure to say hello ^_^

remy my poor baby ive returned for you

Reactions: Astros
Part 2 of my post will likely not be finished. The reply I had was lost and I'm currently lacking will to attempt another. Feel free to conclude my end if need be.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mglo
No worries mate. I got your back. Take it easy and good luck!

So I have an idea. Which is also a question. If I were to sign up, could I have my character as a robot? Not going to go into detail of military class or recreational use until this gets either an "Okay" or a "No"

I'm intrigued, so I'm inclined to give a hesitant yes. Just place some limits on it so it's realistically not overpowered

Reactions: Twisted
Uh, I forgot to announce, though I think I vaguely implied it, that I've been busy. o_o
This is the last week of stress tho, so I'll be posting this weekend methinks. Imma come back with a bigass post where I off bunch of characters and move on with the story D: cause it's been going stale. I'll freshen it up.

I apologize for my absence! Not only have I had little access to Internet, much less a computer, but I also broke my wrist early Tuesday morning trying to dismount a horse. Until I get back to the comfort of my own home (and also get a permanent cast on), I simply won"t be on here except to keep up on everything. I definitely can't work on a character. As such, I'm afraid I must withdraw from this roleplay.

(Note: This is a generic message)

• Thank You
Post coming up tonight. Lots of death to clean the slate. I'll update character list after this. Feel free to join the chaos I'll soon post.

GM post coming up tonight methinks. This means more character deaths, and an announcement of the characters in danger of dying next.
If at any point your characters are in the danger zone, either post or talk to me.

Death Round 3 will be in a week probably. I'll end CH1 with that one and we'll start with a clean slate on CH2!

Sorry for the long ass GM posts D: I'm trying to rush things a little bit so we can start fresh after things mellowed out (my inactivity screwed things up I know).

XI4VQPr.png

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Age: 21[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Gender: Seen as male/unspecified (female bodied, however)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Occupation: Detective's Apprentice[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Personality:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Naoto is the type of person to take things too seriously. Often taking jokes in a literal manner, and setting everything as an objective. So much so, she often overhypes herself on completing her task. In addition, despite being a rather good observationalist, she is more likely not believed in. Many of her observations, true or not, sound too overboard to feel true. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]She desires greatly to be seen as an adult, and often tries to act as maturely as possible. Or at least, what seems the most mature. She wants to be seen as someone who really has a hold of herself. Someone you can respect, and a true mystery solver.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Her day to day personality is one who tries to take on a lot of responsibility, and often fights back some urges to act younger than she is. In addition, because of this she is often very authoritative. Deciding and acting upon what she feels is wrong. Whether by scolding under age making mean gossip, or scolding people who should really cool it with the drinks. This also works in the reverse as well, as she can't just walk past someone in need of help. Even if there's nothing legally wrong with it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Biography:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Many years ago a Japanese woman and a German man fell in love. It was in the oddest of ways that they'd met. She was a detective in training, and he was a simple bar keep. While working on a case of a series of rumored trafficking surrounding the area, a lead connected straight to the bar. Unfortunately for the German man, he was at the right place at the wrong time. A customer slipped him some cash for his tab outside of the bar. After this was noticed by the woman, naturally she placed two shiny cuffs around his wrists. A snap from the metal only confirming the suspicion from the law. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff] Painfully, day and night, the man was observed by the woman. She reported on his every word, hounding him with manipulation to get him talk. At first, he whined. Oh did he whine. And not the kind he liked either-although he could've used some. He just wanted to go home, or at least pick up the paycheck he earned and buy some real food. Not this government food they stuck him with while under investigation. To be perfectly honest, this man was rather picky. As such, most of his time was spent complaining in response at the woman. As if the constant demand of confession was less of a bother than the slightly too warm temperature of the room. This, this was very frustrating for the woman. It was if this man cared for nobody but himself. Or at least didn't realize the severity of his doings. Assuming he'd done them. After all, he was the biggest suspect so far. Right in the dead center of the issue, as well as having a way to potentially get it easily without being noticed with the bar front. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Eventually, they managed to cooperate without the two of them getting frustrated. One without trying too hard to get into the other's head, and the other getting his demands met before he made excuses. With a level head, the woman began to play 'good cop' to the man. Whom of course was taken aback by the sudden change. It wasn't long for him to welcome it, however. It was this way she was able to slowly talk to him, hoping to treat him like a friend to get him to open up with the 'truth'. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Of course, this ended with her becoming rather smitten with him. In which he in return reciprocated. Not that she could let that get ahead of herself, but they found they were much more than they expected. Just like a cliché to save time would be. He wound up having to be released, and so the woman began "checking up on him for safety reasons." Under deep observation, clearly doing 'free overtime', she watched the man go about his business. Keeping a watchful eye, especially at work. She could never order a drink. It'd be too wrong to do, even if it wasn't obvious he could slip her something if she tried. Perhaps though, she could make up some excuse to speak to him. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]The woman continued to do this until new evidence was found. This turning into a huge bust in the area. Afterwards, she felt the need to leave the man alone. Much to both of their disappointments. It wasn't until six months later that she returned to the bar. Coworkers of hers convincing her for a group drink. He approached her with a grin, and she looked as flustered as she ever impossibly had been.[/BCOLOR]
star-page-break-fleuron-24b-640x112.png
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Years later, they had found the woman was with child. And so, they were married. Not that they hadn't figured one day, but to be honest the woman was worried about her figure. It wasn't like her to be, but she had her moments of self consciousness too. The man was plenty happy, almost too happy. Finding the child was going to be born a female, he couldn't wait to spoil her. The mother was pleased as well. Although wasn't much entertained about how obsessive he had been about their daughter. Given that she'd be birthing this baby, she convinced the man that she had the right to naming her. Reluctantly agreeing (taking him until she "laid down the law"), the name "Naoto" was given to their growing bundle of joy. Not that he really knew what it meant. But hey, it sounded nice. [/BCOLOR]

~[Time Skipped]~
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Growing up, Naoto was rather reluctant to wear anything even remotely girly. Always sticking to short, boyish hair and male fashion. While this did not bother her mother, her father would always push on giving her frilly little clothes. Every time she would refuse. So of course, he would whine. Given the way she watched her father do this to her Mutti, Naoto would only act stone cold towards her Vati. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Due to her look of choice, Naoto was often recognized as a boy. Something that she actually was quite alright with. To this day, people call her and consider her a he. Therefor, she often uses "he/him" pronouns on herself. At the point where it often just flips to "he" randomly even when alone. Pretty much going by as a man without any specific identity. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Naoto also decided to follow in her/his mother's footsteps to become a detective. As such, she has been slightly alienated. By choice, initially. Always trying to observe people, sometimes coming up with rather outlandish theories. Like Jessica R. from Class B. She's probably an alien with an abusive father. Oh, right, well, s/he also believes heavily in the paranormal. That also lead to some segregation when found out. Of course, s/he didn't really care too much for personal relationships. Wanting to make it to the top was her objective, so s/he focused on her/his grades until leaving the school system. Often deflecting invitations of relationships and events alike. Becoming rather hermit like in the process. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]This lasted until s/he started shadowing her/her mother in the line of work seriously. Although s/he wouldn't be paid for it, Naoto appreciates it more than anything. From the convincing of her/his parents, she is slowly trying to get to know the people around her/him. Hopefully in the best manner possible - talking about work.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Surprisingly, the zombie apocalypse has yet to seriously affect the family. While yes, it is terrifying, and yes, loved ones have been grieved, they've chosen to continue life normally as they can. There's no fixing the situation completely, so for them they just want to go about their lives. Although there had been one major change. Naoto's vati had returned to work in the military. Something he'd done prior to bar tending that he felt a pull towards after the living dead started popping up. Mostly in order to protect his family. Of course, Naoto still doesn't see him much more than a big cuddly weird, even in this action. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Weapon: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff] Taser gun, while this doesn't kill, it does stun. There is also light basic training, in practice if case of military enrollment.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Relationships:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Emmet Shulz: Vati of Naoto, and is the only person that will ever consider him for his body type. Still daddy's little princess, despite the constant rejections and statements otherwise. He's a former bartender who has gone back to serving his zone. A too affectionate man. Currently, he owns the bar he used to work at when he met Akihiko.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Akihiko Shulz: Mutti of Naoto. A very accepting woman whom Naoto follows after, and has quite the similarity too. Perhaps more than willing to admit. A great deal of respect is given to this woman, much unlike the other parent. She's fierce, but not too fierce if she would be honest with herself. Which she wouldn't. This is where s/he gets his/her hair color from. Of course she dies it blue.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Stu & Mika: Stu and Mika, a duo that simply cannot be introduced one by one. While Naoto gets along well with Mika. Mika is whom Naoto met first, as it was during a bake sale was held by Naoto's Mutti's work place at the time. Naoto was in charge of handing out candies to children at the entrance of the sale/station's parking lot. Mika had managed to sneak away the bag of orange flavored candy as the event was drawing to a close. Naturally s/he went after the strange pre-teen that had the bright idea of stealing with a bunch of law enforcement around. Amused by this, Naoto always makes sure to keep a few orange pixie sticks on her just in case s/he finds him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]It was through Mika, Naoto had the displeasure of meeting Stu. Someone s/he'd grown to feel rather uncomfortable towards while watching his treatment of his 'friend'. The way he manipulates Mika makes Nao's stomach turn. It took a while, but Naoto is thoroughly convinced that Stu is a very, very bad man. Who has either done something terrible, or the potential to do so. Although Naoto cannot tell Mika this, or let Stu find out her thoughts, Naoto often rivals Stu. Whether it be in spontaneous nonalcoholic drinking contests, or games at the fair. As if it's some sort of way to assert invisible dominance. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--[/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.Images [/BCOLOR]© [BCOLOR=transparent]respective owners.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
tumblr_o8c2ftZNha1ucie7qo1_1280.png
we are the k i n g s.
╠══════════════╣
Stuart
"2D"
Allaway
╠══════════════╣
"Humans forget. They always do."

19//Born February 20//Male//German born Scottish

tumblr_o9nq9bHpCw1ucie7qo1_75sq.png

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
I've waited for a long time
Yeah the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger
I reason with my cigarette
Then say, "Your hair's on fire, you must've lost your wits, yeah?"

tumblr_o98lzxLsK41ucie7qo1_250.png

Stuart works as a caretaker for the young children who are still unable to do anything useful. An easy job. All he needs to do is ensure that they don't die, and that he has the same amount of children as he did at the beginning of the day. Frankly, he doesn't even remember all their names. He just calls them all shorties, and most people seem to just think it's a term of endearment. Besides, he's been taking care of Mika for years, taking care of children isn't really much different.

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, outrun my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You better run, better run, faster than my bullet

tumblr_o98lwgmYYd1ucie7qo1_250.png

Soft fair hair, a pale blond that is cut surprisingly neatly when Stuart doesn't care much for how it looks at all. He had shaved all of it off one year, because it bothered him, though he ended up growing it back out after that because he'd never really noticed how cold it could get. In this situation, especially, Stuart finds it pointless to keep his hair neat. He's not trying to impress the monsters, after all. If his friend, Mika, were not so insistent on fixing up his hair, Stuart wouldn't bother. But it's funny when his friend seems interested in things, so he just goes along with it. Which is why, in the middle of every month, he sits down and spends some time relaxing and reading a book while his friend cuts his hair. He has a side cut, the other half of his hair being long enough to fall neatly over his eye.

His eyes are grey, a stormy colour that seems a bit more flat when he's angry, but more often than not holds a slight twinkle of amusement unfitting for the situation in which everyone has found themselves. But his eyes, though they may be called the windows to his soul, never seem to be as expressive as they should be. When he smiles, the expression rarely reaches his eyes, and the smile itself, close-lipped and mocking, is always much too practiced, not at all genuine. This, of course, goes for every little expression he ever shows. Every frown, every laugh, every tear, seems to be something that he'd practiced over and over to get just right. He had 19 years, after all. He has had quite a lot of time to practice, and everyone should be just as practiced as him, if not more.

He has few scars or any other marks to mar his pale, smooth skin. He has, in fact, few physical imperfections to show he's had much issues in his life at all. His teeth are straight and white, he stands tall and broad shouldered, with the confidence of a man who feels that nothing could hurt him. Despite having been in this wasteland since he was just a young teen who saw how easy is was for his family to die, having had their lives taken away by something much less than a zombie, he retains this confidence in himself. Of course, it doesn't help that his childhood friend worships him in every way.

He is, in fact, as close to perfect as he can believe one to be. The king, dressed in his robes of black and white, as is his choice of colour in his clothing. His clothing seems much too expensive to bother wearing in a land where he can be moments away from being stuck out in the darkness, with monsters hiding in the shadows. Rather out of place, even, when he could be just about to be ripped apart by the zombies.​

Frank Sinatra - My Way
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

tumblr_o98k39hG6b1ucie7qo1_250.png

As he grew up, Stuart found that everything was really quite amusing. The rat race of school was hilarious, the way that all those students in Gymnasium tried so hard to beat each other so they could become the adults who tried so hard to get pieces of paper to be exchanged for food and unnecessary goods. Sad, perhaps, was a better word, but why would Stuart be sad for something that didn't affect him? He thought things were funny instead. He found it hard to sympathize, after all, when it was the people themselves who brought such suffering on their terribly short lives

To most, Stuart makes a conscious effort to keep a steady, respectful tone, keeping that slight distance that some of them seemed to prefer, yet he often had that somewhat snarky smile on his face while doing so. Among peers, his behaviour changed. Not by much, but you find him less likely to cover up his opinions through kind tones, finding some enjoyment in seeing how quickly a smile could disappear with just a few words. He was good, still, at pretending. At his careful laughs which were neither too loud or too hesitant, his smile which never seemed so happy, his feigned empathy which served him well with fitting in with the rest of his peers.

He finds it fun to hold little experiments at times. Stuart loves to learn. When he finds himself asking a question that he cannot find an answer to, what better way to solve that than by conducting an experiment? He'd ignored Mika once for a year, just to see how he'd react to that. The kid looked like he would burst into tears during the entire thing, but never once tried to bother Stuart. It was a fun sight to see. His most interesting experiment was seeing how long it'd be until zombies would ignore a dead body. That one was more difficult, because even he was uncomfortable at the chance that his bait would be thrown too late. But he had done it well enough, and many of the zombies seemed to still follow the basic instincts of a predator, preferring the easy game over the chase.

Observant, Stuart always seemed to be able to find the right moment to talk to a person about their troubles and worries, and was patient enough to sit with them and listen until they had finished talking about all their grievances. Partially, perhaps, because he liked hearing the stories. Everyone had so many problems, really. Many were easy to fix, really, and he liked to see how long it'd take for them to figure out the answers. Of course, he never really felt sad for them. It's difficult to when he did not share their experiences.

Stuart was never a big believer in labouring for his goals. Stuart, after all, had a perfectly capable and kind friend to do it for him. Stuart never had to dirty his hands. It's easy to convince his friend to do him favours, so was there any point in doing bothersome things on his own? Essentially, whatever he could get someone else to do may as well be done by them. There is no need to strain himself pointlessly. Despite that, he doesn't find himself to be a manipulative person. The only person who he usually gets to do as he asks is his friend, who would certainly do what anyone asked of him.

People have found him to be, generally, amazingly calm. It is Mika who is prone to explosions of emotion. Stuart was the one who told him to stay calm and work to get through it. He can laugh off the things that happen, because they often happen to other people, and he has no sympathy for other people. Even in the face of danger, if he has someone with him, he will not worry. They can die before he will. If they die, then he will worry.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way

tumblr_o98m11orhY1ucie7qo1_250.png

His family moved to Germany before he was born. Probably for a job opportunity. They lived in a large home, much too large for a young family of two to live. A third would be wonderful. So, how wonderful it was when they found out that a third would indeed be coming along. They were quite excited, and were simply filled with love and joy when their lovely, healthy baby boy was born. On that day, their lovely family grew from two to three. Such a loving family it was, who gave their first child everything he wanted. Their son, of course, was perfect and quite deserving of such treatment. That was how it was for a long time.

He met Mika in Kita. The young Stuart saw the boy, with scuffed shoes and mud on his face. He decided that he was as good a person as any to keep the company of.

"Do you mind?" asked Stuart, rolling the toy car in his hand as he smiled at the other boy. The reply came as a nearly indiscernible nod. Stuart decided that was as fine an answer as any.

From then on, for reasons unbeknownst to Stuart, they became friends. Mika was different. He barely spoke. His emotions came in volatile bursts. Stuart was quite interested in him.

They became close, one might say. Mika was attached to Stuart, and Stuart never bothered to discourage him of that. He saw little point in that. Mika liked him, and he liked Stuart's family, despite the fact that his parents did not share those sentiments for the scruffy boy whose clothes were often muddy and a bit too big. He trusted them, for reasons Stuart didn't bother trying to understand. Of course, his family was far too boring to tell grand lies, though they did keep the bigger arguments under wraps. Stuart supposed there was little reason for Mika not to trust them.

Mika was helpful. He was able to keep Stuart's younger sister company, and stayed fairly quiet when Stuart was studying. Occasionally Stuart would help Mika with his work. Sometimes he just had nothing better to do. Besides, it was almost pitiful, watching the other boy struggle on such simple subjects.

Mika spent more days at Stuart's home than his own, and so it was natural that that was where he was by the time the zombies had become a real threat.

Stuart's parents were genuinely selfish people, though they tried to conceal that through smiles and kind words. Less than week of hiding behind dark windows and blocked doors, and they were beginning to fear quite a bit for their own lives, with the presence of the extra boy who was using up their food, never mind the fact that Mika rarely ate in the first place. They wanted Stuart to give Mika a knife and tell him to go home. Stuart was fine with that, of course. He didn't care much about what happened to Mika, and he almost did as he was told.

It was then that he realized something terrible. Mika was interesting enough company. However, his family was not. They were rather suffocating, in fact. While Mika was a tad clingy, he was quite willing to let Stuart do whatever he wanted. So, he decided not to do what they asked. However, there had been a little thing about the zombies that Stuart had been curious about, and it was only a short time after this that he decided that he may as well conduct an experiment.

He waited until he had a chance to talk to Mika alone. Simple enough, as Stuart's parents didn't speak to him, and his sister disappeared soon enough when Stuart approached them. The key to a good conversation with Mika was to say something nice first. It wasn't as though Mika wouldn't listen otherwise, but it was funny to see his face light up. He looked more like a child when it happened.

It was simple enough to push the conversation to something more serious. Mika always let Stuart lead the conversations. "I'm worried we're going to run out of food soon." That was a lie. Enough perishables to last a year between the two of them, and Stuart didn't intend to stay so long. He quickly deflected Mika's offer of eating less---it would be a bother for the most interesting thing in Stuart's life at the moment to die of starvation.

He steered the conversation towards leaving. More specifically, the fact that they couldn't leave with his family. The only two possibilities, he said, was for them to be ripped apart by zombies, or for them to starve. Not necessarily true, of course. Stuart's sister was an astoundingly good athlete, and had been able to hold her own well against schoolyard bullies. He could always trust his parents to be ruthless and resourceful when needed. But Mika hardly needed to know that.

Stuart wasn't sure if what he said was going to work, of course. Mika, despite having a strange tendency to start fights he couldn't possibly win, lacked the ability to kill even the most annoying pests. It was annoying, really. But he left the conversation with a slight suggestion and hoped that Mika would somehow manage to do as he wished.

Then it was time for the next step in Stuart's little experiment. Offering to be the good son, he went off to fetch drinks for everyone. Red wine for his parents, orange juice for him and his sister. The day before that, he'd taken some of the sleeping pills his mother kept, a bit more than what three people would need, and crushed that into a fine powder. That went into the drinks. While his parents did comment on the taste of the wine, by the end of the meal the glasses were empty.

His parents went to bed early that night, already seeming half asleep as Stuart helped them stumble into bed. He closed the door to their room behind him, and went back to the living room, where he found his little sister asleep. Stuart lifted her up and carried her back to her room, tucking her in and closing her door behind him as well. Mika was in the kitchen when he went to bid him goodnight. Once it was all done and over with, he went to his own room, leaving the door just barely open. Stuart fell into a comfortable, dreamless sleep with relative ease.

He woke up with the soft creak of a floorboard. There was one floorboard between his room and his parents' room which was particularly loose, and he'd learned over the years to step over it if he wanted to sneak about. Mika never knew to do that. In a normal circumstance, his parents would surely have woken up the moment Mika stepped onto that creaking floorboard. It's a good thing Stuart had been careful of that. You see, he could have just left things be. It would be funny to see how it would work out if they have seen Mika. But Stuart had helped, as he was quite aware that Mika could be rather helpless on his own. Stuart lay in his bed, unmoving. He could hear the sound of his friend shuffling about on the other side of the wall.

He was getting quite excited, to be perfectly honest. Giddy, almost, at the prospect of what was to come. Stuart was a boy who enjoyed those thrilling moments, and there was little he could think of than what was to transpire on the other side of the wall. Who would think that Mika would be so easy to control? Most surely wouldn't jump to the idea of murdering a family just because of a few words from a friend. He hadn't said a thing, really, about killing them. Yet Mika had gone to that conclusion anyway. Perhaps Mika knew him better than he thought.

Stuart listened to the sounds in the other room, barely daring to breathe in case it would drown out a sound. He was quite certain that the younger boy was crying. Though he couldn't quite hear sounds to indicate such, Mika could cry much too easily, in Stuart's opinion. It could almost be a bother at times, but at that moment Stuart was really quite amused at the idea. Just picturing him with tears in his eyes while he killed two people, isn't that just so funny? Especially when he barely knew Stuart's parents at all. They were quite good at putting on smiles around other people, and Mika never seemed to realize just how ingenuine the couple was.

Mika spent an extremely long time in that room. Really, how much time did it take to kill two sleeping people? He must have been in the room for an hour at least. Stuart was almost bored. He was nearly tempted to get up and go check up on him. However, he contented himself by simply getting out of bed, bringing himself closer to the wall that divided his room and his parents' room. He could still hear the sounds of his friend moving inside, and he couldn't help but wonder what the boy was doing. But he decided that he could figure that out later.

Eventually, Stuart heard the sound of the door close. The floorboard between his room and his parents' room let out a high pitched creak. From his open door he saw a slight shift in the shadows as Mika passed by. Careful not to make too much noise, Stuart moved across the room, towards the door. He pushed it only a fraction wider to watch Mika as he reached his sisters door.

Mika stayed there for an inordinately long time. From what Stuart could see in the darkness, there was no movement. No particular sign of life. How long did that last? It felt much too long. However, when Stuart was ready to go back to bed and just see what happened in the morning, he heard the door click open.

With Mika in the room, Stuart decided that he might as well get the bags he'd had packed. A coat, some clothes, and as much food as he could fit into it in one bag. In a second bag, he'd put more food, as well as some of his clothes that Mika could wear.

With the bags, he's hidden his baseball bats. He greatly enjoyed the idea of breaking bones with them. He tossed the bags on top of his bed rather carelessly, not particularly worried if Mika heard anymore. Taking one of the bats with him, he headed out his room and walked across the hall to his sister's room.

"This wasn't what I meant, you know,"
he said as he came to a stop at the doorframe. It was amusing to how quickly Mika jumped away from the girl he was smothering, and the way his face fell. Of course, it had been exactly what he meant, but Mika didn't need to know.

Stuart walked over to Mika, patting him on the head lightly like it were some sort of comfort. Mika looked up slowly, looking at Stuart with a tearful expression that was, honestly, quite amusing. Stuart wiped away the tears that had been steadily falling and smiled at him. "Go get cleaned up, Mika, we need to leave soon."

The other boy nodded, and left. Once he heard the sound of water running, Stuart went to check on his little sister. He noted the light rise and fall of her chest and sighed. Useless. Lifting the bat he had in his hand, he brought it down heavily on her head. Did he have to do everything himself?

By the time the other boy returned, Stuart had wrapped his younger sister in her blanket. He'd set her in with their mother, in the wagon she insisted on keeping despite never using it. He was glad she did. However, he kept the father in his room.

"I don't think we'd be able to get out so easily,"
explained Stuart. "There are a lot of zombies outside. So, here's my plan. We have three bodies now, so we could try to use them as bait. If we threw my father's body out the window, we may be able to bait the zombies around our house into going there. Then we can go out from the opposite side of the house. If we run into trouble, we have more bait at hand.

The boys went forward with the plan, lifting the body of the father and tossing it out the window. They watched as it fell, attracting the attention of nearby zombies. Stuart noted a couple ignore the body. However, most seemed content with the easy meal. The boys headed for their exit. Stuart walked in the back, as Mika wheeled along the wagon.

They had gotten down the driveway, halfway down the street, when they felt the need to throw the sister's body, which the monsters tore into with a fervent vigour, and at the end when they threw out the mother's body. Unfortunate, as he was quite interested in how long they could keep a body until zombies ceased to be interested, but he could get another chance.

They travelled for around a year. It was actually rather fun. The first time they came across someone, it was a man in a car. The car was mangled beyond repair, and the man seemed quite glad to see other people there who could help him. They broke the windows of the car, and then just left him screaming at them behind them. He was quite stuck, and bleeding. Stuart didn't worry much about the man exacting revenge.

The second time they came across someone was two months later, a girl who was even younger than they were. The girl had just insisted on following along, and Mika had a soft spot for her. She was annoying. Stuart let her hang around for two days before he got tired of her. While Mika slept one night, Stuart went with a walk with the girl. Once he was a safe enough distance from the light sleeping boy, he knocked her down and broke her legs with his bat. He imagined that her screams did a fine job of attracting the zombies to finish the job for him.

They moved on.

The two boys had been wandering quite aimlessly up until that point, doing little more than breaking windshields and taking what they needed from stores. Occasionally they would attack small groups of survivors if it seemed like a low-risk venture, or guide them to zombies when asked about where to go. However, they eventually heard about the safe zone in Luxembourg. With little place else they could go, the boys decided to try their luck in Luxembourg.

It was a bother, of course. Stuart was enjoying being able to do what he wanted for once in his fifteen years of life. However, Mika certainly seemed like he wanted to go there, and it would be boring to travel alone. But as far as places go, Luxembourg was not the worst. He was quite glad, certainly, that he didn't need to deal with his family anymore.

Nothing But Thieves - Ban All the Music
Cut me off from the rest of the world
It's my addiction
It turns me on

tumblr_o98m27OYmU1ucie7qo1_250.png

A polypropylene bat. Durable, good for breaking windshields and bones. He'd bought them as an amusing little weapon for his own fantasies before the incident.

This is, this is it
They're tryn'a take it from me
Got this, this is it
Won't let them take it from me
Play an illegal song
And turn it up louder

tumblr_o98m3eg5YR1ucie7qo1_250.png

Mika Faust - He's interesting enough. Stuart has known him since they were children, and Mika often ends up being to subject of Stuart's experiments.
Naoto Shulz - Stuart met this strange person when he was just a young teen. A friend of Mika's, who strangely always seemed to be carrying orange pixie stix that she gives to Mika. It's as though the other boy is a child, which it amusing. He always seems stupidly competitive, and rather in a hurry.
His Family - They were bothersome people, really. The world is better off without them.
[td="border: 0px;"]
╠══════════════╣
Mika
"Little"
Faust
╠══════════════╣
"Forever and always."

18//Born November 30//Male//German

tumblr_o9nq9bHpCw1ucie7qo2_75sq.png

Bad Suns - Sleep Paralysis
Oh, carve your name in a tree
Or just run your fingers through wet concrete, yeah
Leave a mark, a mark worth leaving
What's self worth? The moment's fleeting

tumblr_o98lzxLsK41ucie7qo1_250.png

Mika does inventory of food and other supplies that the community has. It really is a simple job, with a lot of repetition. It's simply counting and writing numbers, and that's exactly why he excelled at it. Routine is the best thing for Mika, really. When it comes to repetition, mika won't make mistakes. However, it is not a particularly fulfilling job, and Mika occasionally takes up little side jobs that are just more interesting to him. For example, whenever disposing the dead must be done, he'd gladly volunteer his time. Mika isn't a squeamish person, so as long as he's wearing his sick mask, he'd have no trouble taking care of the dead.

Oh, I've been having this dream
Mixed with sleep paralysis I can't scream, no
But I can watch, I watch them leaving
I wake up and I believe it

tumblr_o98lwgmYYd1ucie7qo1_250.png

Unlike his best friend, Mika had resolutely stuck to the same hairstyle for the past 5 years. It takes a certain amount of determination to keep looking for the hair bleach to keep turning his rough hair from a dark brown to a golden blond. His hair is terribly dry and coarse, though, and he finds that whatever hairstyle he wakes up with will probably be the one he has the rest of the day. He hates that about his hair. Stu has really nice, soft hair, and it's nice to play with it. Mika doesn't find the appearance of his hair to be the most important thing, however. But it feels very normal to do something like bleach his hair and get angry when it doesn't work out well, so that's just what he does. Mika finds that following his schedule from before to the best of his abilities is the best way to make himself feel at ease.

His eyes, an oak brown colour, meets the gaze of others unwaveringly, and you may sometimes find yourself engaging in an impromptu staring contest with him. He really doesn't tend to break eye contact before the other does, which is not for any particular reason, but is just something he tends to do. He smiles much less than Stu, and it seems even less because when he goes out he likes to wear a surgical mask(He doesn't enjoy the idea to breathing in zombie particles). However, his smile seems much more real, a smile more like that of a child trying to convince you of his innocence than the mocking smile of his friend.

He has a tendency towards baggy, colourful graphic shirts and hoodies. They do quite a good job of hiding his thin frame, on which you could easily count his ribs when he breathed in. He'd rather uncomfortable with that fact. He likes to wear sweatpants, which are comfortable and warm, although he isn't particularly against jeans, which his friend tends to wear. Really, though, Mika would wear anything if he were comfortable enough in it. Hell, he'd wear a dress. One thing he will always have, though, are his platform shoes, which are worn down and lighter in some areas and make him a full inch taller, bringing his size from 5'8" to 5'9".

He has a few scars on his body, and a chipped tooth(not to mention the fact that his two front teeth overlap just a little). He has always been one to end up bruised and bloodied at least once a week, and had more than his fair share of broken bones.

The most noticeable thing about him, though, might be his hands, which are dry and often bleeding. That would just be because he washes his hands much too often than a normal person should. Not necessarily for cleanliness, he doesn't think. Just something to do, you know?

Nothing But Thieves - Neon Brother
If you open my chest, see that two hearts are beating
Fallen out of sync
There's the one I accept and the one I believe in
Which one drew you in?

tumblr_o98k39hG6b1ucie7qo1_250.png

Of the two friends, Mika had always been found to be the slightly odder one. The one who, while harmless enough, would be easy to imagine pulling out a weapon and killing everyone who had ever wronged him. Not that he would, of course, because Mika rarely cared when anything you could consider wrong when it happened to him. Or, perhaps not cared, but it's quite a different perspective when something happened to himself. So, rather than not caring, perhaps he just never noticed. You can say that he's gullible, because indeed, he'd been convinced to do many things before that he'd never do on his own.

He'd always been quiet. When he entered places on his own, he'd immediately look for a secluded corner to stay, though he would follow along with whoever he was with otherwise. He kept to himself, and rarely chose to speak up. However, when he was spoken to, he could easily and quickly answer back in a clear voice. So, it didn't seem that he was shy at all. Just dispassionate about most things. He lacks to capacity to say jokes, or to understand most of them(or if he did understand them, he clearly was never amused by then, as jokes were often met with blank stares). He's not serious, per say. But he doesn't care for jokes. He doesn't like the feeling when he laughs, it feels unnatural.

He is happy though, plenty of times. This one time, Stuart had ignored him for almost an entire year. Mika was terrified that he did something wrong, and made his only friend hate him so much that he left. But then one day Stuart came up to him and started talking about how he'd figured out where his father kept his drinks, like nothing had happened at all. That made Mika really happy. Stuart is the single important presence in his life, and he'd have hated it if he did something to make him angry.

Mika didn't have much pride in himself. He wasn't too great at things. He was very weak, and didn't have the determination to become any stronger (he had little determination to do anything), he was terrible at speaking to people, and he was too slow academically to keep up with Stuart. He has little confidence in working independently, and is quite certain he'd mess things up if he didn't do exactly as he was told. He will listen to Stuart first before listening to anyone else, of course. Stuart was much smarter than he was, so Stuart would know what to do.

He was prone to irritability and anger. When he was younger, he would sometimes just jump at someone and start whaling at them. That would last perhaps a few seconds before the other person, who was, more often that not, bigger than he was, would throw him to the ground and beat him. Stuart always thought it was hilarious when he appeared at his house with black eyes and bruised skin. Now, he is quite good at not doing that. When he's angry, he'll try to just scream instead, or throw things at walls. He just got overwhelmed too easily. But he was good at being quiet and not saying anything and just fading into the background. That was what he was the best at.

He doesn't understand much. Not just in terms of academics. Mika, who isn't interested in most things, isn't interested in learning more about what others wanted to know. So, sometimes when people talked, he didn't get what they were saying, but it was alright. He didn't mind that because he didn't often care about what they were saying. But he was a really good listener when he tried. When someone told him something to do, he'd probably do it. It was much easier to live life in that way. But man, he could be good at listening. He could listen to you even if you're talking about the most boring things, because even if he doesn't understand, it's comforting just to listen to the gentle rise and fall of conversing voices. And if he did understand, that was cool too. If he understood, he could follow along, and do things if he was told to do things---which he always did. It was much easier.

To some, he may seem to be too trusting. Mika just seems to have the unfortunate luck of trusting all the wrong people. He would surely be one to follow a stranger home with no question, without even the offer of free candy to make him follow. He seems to have a hard time understanding how terrible people can be. Luckily, he has Stuart. Mika at least takes the time to consider if Stuart would do what he was going to do, and always dislikes those Stuart dislikes. He is mildly jealous when Stuart likes people, but that is an entirely different matter. Otherwise, Mika generally has no strong opinion of others, unless they do something kind for him.

Do you see something real or just some kind of mirror?
Staring back at you
It's a punch and a kiss and I'm trying to remember
Which one is the truth?

tumblr_o98m11orhY1ucie7qo1_250.png

Germany had been the home of his families for as long as any of them could remember. His mother and father lived in a small apartment, however, barely scraping by. They did not need a third. So, how unfortunate it was when they found that a third would be coming along. Still, they dealt with it. It couldn't be so bad. Alas, in the emergency c-section that follow 8 months after his conception, the baby boy's mother died from complications. So, instead of the expected family of three, there was only two. Despite it all, his father took good care of him. Sometimes he got off track, and took care of himself over his son. That was understandable.

He met Stuart in Kita. The young Mika was playing with wooden cars, when a pale hand found its way into his vision, picking up the blue car Mika abandoned.

"Do you mind?" asked the blond boy attached to the hand, looking much more elegant than Mika in his neat clothing and polite smile. Mika had replied with a nearly indiscernible nod.

An hour spent with the boy was enough for Mika to become entranced by him. Stuart was different. Different, at least, from Mika. Different, perhaps, from the general populace. His smile, perhaps, which Mika soon realized was less polite and more amused. In any case, Mika was captivated by the other boy, whose gray eyes seemed to hide secrets he would never know.

Stuart was his best friend. His only friend, one could say. Mika never approached others, and they never approached him. Stuart was the only one, and that was okay. Mika spent many of his nights at Stuart's home, playing video games with his younger sister and reading books in Stuart's room. He had tough books, English books. Stuart was smart. Mika went to realschule, but he struggled a lot in it. He never did like school. Stuart was nice, he helped him with his schoolwork.

Mika spent more days at Stuart's home than his own, and so it was natural that that was where he was by the time the zombies had become a real threat.

It was nice, really. They had heavy things to block the doors, and Mika helped cover up the windows with sheets and boards. He enjoyed it there, really, even with the groans and screams coming from outside. The Allaways lived in a big neighbourhood, and the sounds seemed ceaseless. But if he had been back home, his father probably would never have thought to block the entrances, not that they had many heavy things to do so in the first place. And they had food here. His house didn't have enough food for two people, definitely. His father tried, Mika thought, but he didn't usually remember things like food or clothes or keys for Mika to get inside. Stuart's family had a lot of good food, and books---Mika didn't like reading that much, but Stuart had a collection of comic books. He didn't read them much, so Mika did instead.

He would have very gladly lived there until he died. There was really no better company to be with in the end. Stuart's parents were always kind, and he liked to play games with Stuart's younger sister. However, things don't work out like that, and there came a day when Stuart pulled him away from his family to have a serious discussion. It was a nice talk, however. "You're a good friend," he'd told Mika(or something along those lines), "I'm glad that you're here." Such a kind, wonderful thing for him to say, don't you think? Stuart was just so kind to him.

The conversation soon turned towards the topic of their current situation. "I'm worried we're going to run out of food soon," said Stuart, a light frown gracing his features. In one way, Mika was touched. Stuart, after all, had never revealed his worries to him before.

"I could eat less,"
offered Mika, although that wouldn't make much difference. He ate one small snack a day, if that, already. Usually not something that the others would eat in the first place. Stuart, in reply, shook his head. He draped an arm over Mika's shoulder, leading him further into the room they were in.

"You'd starve, and we'd still run out of food eventually. We need to get out of here."
There was a long pause before Stuart spoke again. He seemed to be struggling with what he was going to say next. "But we can't leave with everyone. We might be able to make it out there, but they'd be too slow. I don't want to see them be ripped apart by those creatures. If we just leave them here, they'd end up starving. I don't want to see that happen either, but those are the only possibilities." Stuart sighed, and Mika could do nothing but listen in silence. What Stuart said was certainly true, as Mika couldn't imagine a time when Stuart was wrong. So, the Allaways were going to die. His friend had never sounded so distressed before. Mika had no idea how to help him. "If only we could find some way so that they wouldn't die so painfully…"

Stuart had pat him on the shoulder then, before moving away. "Sorry for bothering you about these things, Mika. It wasn't really your problem. Tomorrow we should see if the backyard is clear so we can go out for once." At that, Stuart had left to join his family for dinner, leaving Mika with some rather terrible thoughts.

It would be better for them to die quickly, wasn't it? That was what Stuart said. Quick and painless. And they couldn't be sad. Mika wouldn't want them to be sad, or scared, or anything, he wanted them to be happy. For them to be sleeping, that would be the best, wouldn't it? They wouldn't know. So Mika's plan started that night. He found a cleaver in the kitchen, looking dangerous even there on the counter. It was heavier than he expected, and he almost dropped it when he lifted it up. Was that the way he wanted it to happen? He wasn't sure. It was scary, he didn't think he had ever been so terrified in his whole life, not even that time when a boy he'd tried to fight followed him home with a group of friends. He spent quite a long time thinking about it, nearly giving up several times. It must have been hours before he decided that he should, and at that point he was wondering if it would be better to just do it another time.

Still, he forced himself to enter the dark bedroom where he surely didn't belong, hearing his own heartbeat in his ears. His hands trembled, but he reminded himself that this would be a much better way for their lives to end. He wasn't sure how to go about it. Of course, he'd never done this before. Perhaps considered it, with some people. Not the Allaways.

How should he do it? Mika had no confidence in himself to do this. A quick hit to the head should work, right? Mika wanted to hurry. He didn't want to deal with this any longer than he needed. Mika watched the sleeping adults for a moment, How peacefully they slept, with no knowledge of what Mika planned to do to them. Of course, it was not such a good plan in the first place. He hadn't considered what might happen if they woke up. Yet he decided that it would be easy enough to deal with their expressions for that moment, and at the moment he had the advantage. If there was one person he wouldn't be able to stand the expression of, it would have to be the little sister.

The father was first, as he slept closer to the door. Mika moved towards the sleeping man, wincing when he kicked the bedside table. But the father didn't stir. He took a deep breath. He lifted the cleaver over his head. Brought it down. It the was a bit off its mark, as he'd closed his eyes a second before. It fell across his eye.He pulled, harder than necessary, and the cleaver was dragged out. He tried again. Eight times, in total. He just wanted to be sure. The father head was a strange looking mixture of red. Not at all similar to the sharp, stern face that looked just slightly like an older, unsmiling version of his daughter. When he was ten, the father had helped fix the chain on his bike.

Surprisingly, in this whole scene the mother had not awoken. Despite the fact that Mika must have shaken the bed, bracing his knee against it when he retrieved his weapon. Though surely you couldn't ignore such a thing happening beside you. Surely heard that crack of bone, that disgusting squelch of a cleaver being pulled from brain matter could not be ignored. Yet she seemed to sleep so peacefully, her breaths even, looking quite neat and proper compared to the scene beside her. Mika crept towards her side of the bed, the grip on his weapon tightening. The mother was very kind. She always made good food and drove the boys to places that were far away. She always drove Mika home, since it could be dangerous walking all the way to where he lived, especially when you seemed not to pay attention to your surroundings like Mika. He only hit her twice, the first straight across the forehead, The other fell diagonally, intersecting with the first cut and ending just under her left eye. He decided that would be enough.

He'd stood there, silent, for some time, before he finally decided that it was quite hard to look at them like that. Mika rearranged them, moving the two closer together, as he decided they might like, before covering their heads with their blanket, like he'd seen people do on tv. He hoped they were happy in heaven, or wherever it was people might go when they died.

It was the little sister's turn, then. He walked to her room, thinking hard the whole way. He really didn't want to kill her. Besides Stuart, she was really his only friend, though she was only in the fifth grade. Mika wasn't so great at video games, but she let him play anyway. But if he didn't kill her, then she might die horribly later. He entered.

Her room was a pastel pink with light brown furniture and white lace everywhere he looked. When he walked in, he accidentally stepped on a case for a new game she'd bought just before it became so dangerous. She was always really messy. She had stuffed animals on the ground too. In her bed, she slept peacefully, curled up on her side. How should he do this? He didn't think he could do what he just did to her. He set down the bloodied cleaver on her desk which was still covered with math homework. But then what should he do?

He moved to her bed. Beside her, on her pillow, was her stuffed chick, which she stubbornly kept though it was worn in places and had to be sewn in places where holes had appeared. She had had the toy since she was born, and refused to throw it out. She carried it almost everywhere with her. Mika picked it up, picking off a stray piece of lint. It was quite small, smaller even than the palm of his hand, and missing quite a lot of the stuffing it once had. It was as he held it that an idea started to form in his head.

He turned the girl onto her back. Then, very gently, as he didn't enjoy the idea of hurting her, he put the stuffed toy in her mouth, pushing it to the back of her throat so that she might not be able to breathe through her mouth. With two hands, he covered her nose and mouth and pressed down. He hoped that she would eventually quit breathing. He himself took deep breaths as he pressed down, as though to ensure that he himself would not die of suffocation. He was not certain if this would be any worse that the way he had killed her parents. But he hated the idea of seeing her broken in the same way. She was a lively girl, and even the stillness of sleep seemed discordant to how Mika usually saw her, let alone seeing her with a bashed in head.

All too suddenly, he heard the sound of a calm voice behind him. "This wasn't what I meant, you know." Mika jolted, letting go of the sister and looking behind him. There stood Stuart, leaning slightly against the door, two bats in hand.

Of course. Of course this wasn't what he meant. Mika thought back to the conversation they had. He'd never said to kill his family. He was just talking about his worries. Mika was an idiot, really. Always jumping to the first conclusion he made. Of course, he'd always been one to fight when he was angry, but how could he do this? He loved the Allaways very much, and he never thought of murder before. Had he? He considered that for a moment. He didn't think he'd ever hated anyone so much he wanted to kill them... A fleeting thought in the back of his mind, the thought of hitting people with something harder than a fist. Perhaps imagining the windshields he liked to smash as something more alive?

What a monster he was.

He stood there for quite some time, it seemed, staring down at the ground as he considered what a terrible person he'd become, or perhaps he'd always been. Wasn't he the one who really deserved to die? He'd cost three people their lives, and took away Stuart's loving family. He'd killed three people who deserved to live much more than he did. He could feel nothing but a terrible sadness for the people he loved and a deep seething hatred towards himself, who could do no right.

But he suddenly felt a hand ruffling his hair, and he looked up to see Stuart looking down at him. His friend wiped away the tears that Mika hadn't noticed and smiled kindly. "Go get cleaned up, Mika, we need to leave soon."

Mika nodded, and hurried off the the washroom. He used what water there was left in the pipes, simply standing under the spray as he tried to rub off the red he hadn't noticed on his hands until then.

When he returned, Stuart passed him a bag and a bat. The body of Mrs.Allaway was in a wagon, as well as a bundle of blankets that he was quite certain was the little sister. He looked at Stuart curiously.

"I don't think we'd be able to get out so easily,"
explained Stuart. "There are a lot of zombies outside. So, here's my plan. We have three bodies now, so we could try to use them as bait. If we threw my father's body out the window, we may be able to bait the zombies around our house into going there. Then we can go out from the opposite side of the house. If we run into trouble, we have more bait at hand.

It seemed like a fair plan. Mika opened the window, and helped Stuart lift the body out of the bed and push it out the window. They watched it fall to the ground, attracting the attention of the nearby zombies. As a few lunged towards the easy meal, the two went for their exit. Mika pulled the wagon with the two bodies in it, and Stuart walked behind him.

They were halfway down the street when Stuart stopped them. He stopped to unwrap the little sister's body, leaving it there for the nearby zombies to eat. There were less zombies in the neighbourhood than he'd heard at the beginning, yet they still had to leave the mother's body at the end of the street. Mika left behind the wagon as well. There was little need for it when they had nothing to carry in it.

They travelled for around a year. They had to do some rather terrible things to survive. The first time they came across someone, it was a man in a car. The car was mangled beyond repair, and the man seemed quite glad to see other people there who could help him. They broke the windshield to help him out. But then Stuart told him that they wouldn't be able to get the man out without endangering themselves---the man was trapped. So they'd left him behind, screaming at them to help him. Mika felt bad.

The second time they came across someone was two months later, a girl who was even younger than they were. Her older sister had died just a half hour before they met. She was really nice, Mika liked her. She had nice stories about her family. They seemed like nice people. The two of them talked a lot about what they'd do when this was all over---she insisted it would be, and Mika enjoyed the idea of going back home.

She disappeared one night. Mika had only slept for an hour, yet, when he woke up, it was like she'd never been there in the first place. Her bag was gone, as was the knife that had seemed much too big for her to hold. The spot beside Mika where she'd slept the night before left no indication of her having ever been there. Stuart said he didn't know where she went. Maybe she got bored of Mika. He just hoped that she was safe, wherever she'd gone.

They moved on.

The two boys had been wandering quite aimlessly up until that point, doing little more than breaking windshields and taking what they needed from stores. Occasionally they would attack small groups of survivors if it seemed like a low-risk venture, or guide them to zombies when asked about where to go. However, they eventually heard about the safe zone in Luxembourg. With little place else they could go, the boys decided to try their luck in Luxembourg.

Mika was glad that they found that place. He was tired of running from monsters. He hated a lot of the things they had to do to survive. He really just his normal life back. While Mika couldn't possibly return to the way he'd lived before, he could get as close to that as possible in Luxembourg. He was glad that Stuart agreed that they should live there, though. Mika would never have stayed if Stuart didn't. They've been living there for three years now, and it's been nice.

Nothing But Thieves - Six Billion
The end is the same for everyone
That should be enough, for us to be as one
Watch me fall apart all for you
Watch me fall apart, trying to please you

tumblr_o98m27OYmU1ucie7qo1_250.png

A polypropylene bat. It fits into his hand quite comfortably, and is durable enough to have lasted him an entire four years. It's easy to incapacitate zombies with it. Occasionally Mika does wonder why Stuart had these, as he'd never shown any particular interest in baseball, but he's glad that he did.

That's all I want to do
That's all I want to do

tumblr_o98m3eg5YR1ucie7qo1_250.png

Stuart Allaway - Mika's best friend, who he's known since he was a child. A truly wonderful person, who Mika is lucky to call a friend. Mika really isn't sure why Stuart liked him enough to be friends with him in the first place.
Naoto Shulz - Naoto is a really nice person. When Mika was 12, he was passing by a place and saw that they had a lot of candy there. It was really nice candy too, and without really thinking about it, he ended up taking a bag and walking away with it. He got caught quickly, and he was terrified of getting into trouble, but he got off with a warning. Since then, he'd think that they were friends. Mika is glad that Naoto is alive.
The Little Sister - Stuart's little sister, to be exact, who Mika was quite good friends with. They played video games together and when they had candy, Mika always gave her the lemon ones and she gave him the orange ones. He killed her.
Father - Not Stuart's, but Mika's, who Mika really did love, really. They would have gone to get him, but Stuart said that Mika's neighbourhood was too far. The locks on his door were flimsy anyway, and his father might have died before he even realized what was happening. Hopefully his drinking had numbed the pain.
The girl - She was nice, but she disappeared quickly.
[/td]​

tumblr_o9d44dXTma1ucie7qo1_400.png

Stuart used to have a cat. It was only his, so it was his responsibility to care for it and make sure it didn't mess up the house. As such, the then 11 year old had decided that the best way to do that would be to lock the cat in a cage. It was funny, actually, because he had this metal pole that he would poke into the cage and the cat would try to attack it. He found that it was pretty great when the cat tried to jump on top of it because he could knock it off really easily. Mika liked to play with the cat and one time he took it outside to play and it ran away.

Mika loves animals very much. They're cute, much like little kids. The problem is that he is rather absent minded, so if he had either he surely forget to feed them, or forget that he had them there. But if you remind him then he is good enough at taking care of both. He's much more careful with them than he is with himself.

Stuart generally likes people who he finds interesting. Otherwise he'll probably lose interest in a person rather quickly. It's actually a wonder he's still friends with Mika, as the other boy has barely changed in all the years he'd known him. However, occasionally he does offer a few surprises.

Usually, Mika will like you if you give him presents. He particularly likes orange flavoured snacks, cigarettes, and beer, in that order. Another way for him to like you would be if Stuart liked you, even if he might get jealous of Stuart seemed to like you more. If Stuart disliked you then Mika would definitely dislike you as well.

Stuart is against activities such as drinking and drugs, at least for himself, as he likes to keep a clear head. He also doesn't fight, because it's a bothersome risk for little enjoyment. However, during the year of travelling he did with Mika, he did find busting kneecaps and breaking windshields with his bat to be amusing, the second one being one of Mika's pastimes.

Mika likes cigarettes and beer, with them both being a great way to keep calm during stressful times, and both being easily found in his old home. He's impartial to bourbon, and generally would take things if offered as well. He sometimes would try to hit people for no apparent reason when he used to get angry, even though he'd always get beat up. Despite that, he was extremely uncomfortable with the idea of killing the human-like creatures, but it helped that Stuart called them monsters.

Stuart has a tendency to roll his eyes a lot when he'd bored or annoyed. But then he would assure the person he's speaking that he is neither bored nor annoyed with them. Luckily, kids don't usually take notice of such things which makes his job a good one.

Mika has a tendency to scratch the knuckle of his right index finger when he's thinking, which tends to make them more cracked and bleeding than they already are. He also tends to pull on his own hoodie strings when he's nervous, or fidget with anything he might have at hand. Yet he's surprisingly good at staying still when he needs to.

Stuart has a silvery voice, sounding quite clear and light when he speaks. He rarely raises his voice, generally sounding quite level and calm. Now, if you take the time to listen carefully, you'd find that he generally sounds either amused, or just the tiniest bit disdainful. He is fluent in German and English. However, with his parents being Scottish, and his English tutor also happening to be from Scotland, his accent when speaking English sounds a bit off from either a Scottish or German accent, although he could never tell the difference between his accent and that of his father's.

Mika has a low, rough voice, which he dislikes quite a lot because he thinks it makes him sound ill. Not that anyone had ever asked him that. Much like Stuart, it is quite rare to hear him raise his voice, though for him it has more to do with lack of interest than anything. Having grown up in Germany, of course Mika is fluent in German, though he did do rather poorly in class. As for foreign languages, however, Mika took English in school, but found himself to be struggling quite a bit. If there was one thing to be grateful for, it was that he doesn't have to take English class during the apocalypse. However, as a result, his English is quite poor. He can speak simple sentences, but if you speak too quickly in English he won't be able to follow along.

Mika can name many positive things about Stuart. He's so kind, really, to everyone. He's smart, and athletic, and a good planner. He's even good at music, being able to play the piano and the cello. He used to paint, you know, because his mother had enrolled him in classes. He's really good at playing games like cheat because Mika can never tell when he's lying. And he has really nice eyes, the stormy sort that won't look too out of place in a jar of marbles. Of course, as his friend, Stuart also has good things to say about Mika. Mika can be interesting.

Stuart is an alright cook. He might not be able to produce five star meals, but he makes food that you can genuinely say tastes good. Mika, on the other hand, doesn't often try to cook, since they didn't usually have enough food at his home to do so. He can make scrambled eggs without dropping eggshells in the pan though, and that's good enough for him.

Actually, Stuart is quite good at many sorts of household chores. He could sew the rips in his little sister's and Mika's clothes after that one time when they had severely messed up in a biking race. He was usually the one cleaning up after them as well. Mika can't do any of those things. His house is always a big mess, which is why he always went to Stuart's house instead(As well as the fact that Stuart's parents didn't like the idea of him going to Mika's house). But Mika knows how to cut hair, to some extent. Rather, he's meticulous when it comes to making sure Stuart looks nice.

Stuart is a punk ass bitch
tumblr_o8d987K8Z01ucie7qo1_400.png

Ex nihilo nihil fit

Last edited:
haven't had a chance to update character list! I'll get to it soon >_< but consider Naoto in and free to IC. My weekends tend to be my RP days and the past three have been overtaken by a friend visiting from another country. This be the last one tho :C then I say bye bye and come back to my cave where I RP D:

Sorry it has taken me another week. On my way back I ended up visiting family for a week. I'll be updating errwhere. Characters accepted btw. I'll add em to the roster.

The struggle is real ;-;

D: Had a week long program/training/conference thing, took my comp with me but by the end of the day I would knock out. Back though, and getting out of a badly-timed cold.

I would like to reserve a spot if I may. Perhaps ccombat instructor?

@Mglo

@Kross Hello! I'm actually the co-mod of the RP. Glo-chan is really busy these days, so she's not online too often, but go ahead and make your application and then I will look over it. Also, if you'd like, we actually have a skype chat for this RP where we discuss things about the RP (as well as random stuff) so if you want to join, maybe ask questions or make relations with the other characters, just PM me ^^

83db98973f9f9c9de2e71be17b8377ab.jpg

Name:Viktor Thorne

Origin: Viktor has been in Luxembourg since its inception as a safezone by the surrounding countries including Germany--which he was formally a citizen. Since his arrival, his military background in the Kommando Spezialkrafte (KSK Special Forces) of the Rapid Forces Divison, as well as Grenzschutzgruppe 9 der Bundespolizei(GSG9) while being formally of the United States Delta Force before moving to Berlin and becomin a citizen before the outbreak.

Occupation: Formally German Special Forces operative/ presently training instructor and military adviser, commands a squad of highly trained operatives outside the safe zone for reconissance and find survivors who aren't infected along the borders.

Appearance: Viktor is around 193cm and 104kg, is very athletic appearing for a man in his late 30's. He typically has shorn hair, but when it grows its peppered grey and black. When not in military fatigues, he has several tattoos as well as scars. The scars are most of which have self cauterized bullet injuries from life before the outbgreak. The tattoos mainly depict a life of service, while others are simply personal momentos.

Personality: Viktor is a very crass man when it concerns emotions. It's not because he's entirely unsympathetic, because he knows very well what loss is like. What's more, he actually had to kill his own wife and daughter. His rough nature comes from experience and that experience has told him being emotional at the wrong time gets people hurt or killed. Both of which he views as unacceptable in these cases. He is quite outspoken, very frank when it comes to the defense of the people but he is also stringent towards civilians.

Weapon:

Main Armament: H&K G36K
Side Arm: Glock 37 .45
Special: RS29 .338 Lapua Magnum

Relationships:(Any connections to the other characters. You can add this as we go or pre-establish it by contacting others. I'm more than willing to help with that so PM me!)

Biography: Viktor Thorne was born Viktor Michael Thorn in 2127 in a small town called Westbury, in Nassau County New York. Westbury had an ethnically diverse demographic with many different backgrounds. From a young age Viktor knew what he wanted to be: a hero, but not just ANY hero. He wanted to be like his father. But he understood it wouldn't be easy. So while most kids his age were out roaming and having a typical childhood, Viktor studied hard and that would satiate him he mimicked his father who was a Master Sergeant at the time, in the U.S Army in calisthenics. As he grew, it was all a father could do to watch his son transform. Sports didn't slow Viktor down any either, because of his early training; running and jogging, jumping jacks, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches—he ran faster and hit harder than most kids around the same age. He also ate more too.

In middle school, Viktor was already in advanced classes. It wasn't because he was naturally smarter than most, but because his drive made him more focused that he studied harder than most. So focused in fact, that he failed to notice the many girls his age fawning over the athletic intellectual that he was much to many guy's chagrin and to his indifference. He still participated in many sports and even aided in them winning a state championship, though after all the picture taking he didn't stay for the after party.

In high school, he was much the same studious, bookish self. Though his focus only seemed to increase which made it hard for others to approach him. There were two main differences in high school; one being him out pacing his aging father in many of the activities they once enjoyed as a boy. His father relieved in knowing he was helping his son achieve his goal of being ready to join the U.S Army, but had to step aside. The second major thing that happened, much to his mother's delight, was him getting a girlfriend. Her name was Abigail Rose, and like a rose she was remarkably beautiful. With deep red hair, and light blue eyes. She was the only one that could get him to lift his head from a book, leave practice early, and even outsmart him.

After high school, but before they separated to go to two colleges, Viktor proposed to Abigail. She said yes.

-At 18 he went to West Point, a highly prestigeous military academy.

-At 25 he was a Delta Force operative. His wife gave birth to their daughter on his birthday.

-At age 30 He and his family move to Berlin; his daughters immune system begins to falter.

-At 31 Viktor and his family become German citizens; Viktor havining been in Delta is accepted into the KSK. Holds the rank of OR-9 equivalent to Command Sergeant Major. A year later he is reassined to GSG9 at his request.

-At 33 the out break occurs, society begins breaking down as bodies start piling in the streets from an unexplained epidemic that turns people feral. Viktor is ordered to shoot on sight anyone who displays severe derrangement, bitten or clawed.

-At 34 Viktor and his family are relocated to a safe haven in Luxembourg.

-Age 35 Viktor's wife Abigail is bitten on the arm while on an away mission; Viktor tells her reluctantly that he wont let her inside. Abbigail dies from a single gun shot wound to the head after their parting words. Viktor cremates her.

-Age 36, Viktors daughter succumbs to the disease when her immune system. She dies at 11 years of age when her father breaks her neck while hugging her. Viktor cremates her and buries the ashes next to her mother. Contemplates suicide.

-Age 37, Viktor after a long hiatus--kills the chief miltary advisor after finding out he'd been bitten while on the border. Viktor is elected military advisor while also offering to train the defense force.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Status
Not open for further replies.