Consuming Darkness

After reading this, did you like the choices? Should I put more effort and thought next time?

• They could've been better, but I'd still consider joining.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honestly, they sucked. I wouldn't join this to save my life.

• My opinion either doesn't fit with the other choices, or I just don't care either way.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I thought of that," Ina said, looking over to the others. "But you know the so-called 'commander' of the base will consider it desertion and ban us from returning." She stated, remembering how the leader was always into the military lifestyle. She hated it, and really wanted to leave. She honestly didn't know what she wanted, in truth. All she was certain of, is that she wanted to survive.

"So, you start an uprising. Who decided who was in charge? We've all done our bit. And now, we move on. It's not going to be safe here forever," Jason said thoughtfully. They both had good points. Leaving would be great, there'd be a place somewhere... but there might not be. "Or, pull strings. Call it a scavenger hunt. There'll be a few lives out of the way, people not required to worry about."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Were dying here, forget the commander we don't need him. Me and you, maybe a few others like Jason could leave and the commander can go fuck himself," Kris stated, she had been in the military and their so called commander was a white trash excuse of that. He had no honor, no values yet expected us to listen to him. Hell no. "Trust me, we would be better of without him and the others. Good men with a bad leader might as well be your everyday scum bag."

• Love
"Why am I only a maybe?" Jason replied with a frown, jokingly though. Finding a better place to live seemed like a plan. Already, Jason was planning a route. "We could go now," he suggested. It would be the perfect time. Not suspicious at all. When people realised, hopefully they'd be long gone.

• Love
Kris smiled, "exactly, I say we go." She was getting excited, something that hadn't happened for a long time and her feet already itched to be ln the road again.

"We could use the scavenging spots to collect food and water and then leave," Jason noted, finding some amusement in Kris' excitement.

Ina pondered on the idea. She was conflicted. The people that were her friends would certainly miss her and come looking. Likewise with everyone else there. After a while of silent thought, Ina stood up. "I guess we're agreed then. We hit the barracks, clean it out. If there's pen and paper, we leave a note. If not, well.." She paused, kicking a rock. She smiled and tilted her head. "They'll get the message." Ina spoke in a childish and uplifting tone, trying to speak past the upset that would surely follow. It wasn't like her to be cheerful, but she knew it would set in sooner or later. The thought of all the panic and upset would likely get to the others if there weren't some encouraging words.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
"Exactly. There's nothing left for us here," Jason shared a small smile, wondering what was going through their heads. His own contained the thoughts of excitement and the fact there would be a lack of boredom, if a little sadness. Moving the mixed set of emotions aside, he scanned the area, tucking his knife back into it's place in his belt. He checked the area for any undead, before remembering they'd been trapped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
"Fabulous," Kris dusted her pants off, a mischievous gleam in her eyes. Part of had wanted to play with some explosives as their goodbye letter, but right now it was important to keep the other two on her side and not start a man hunt. She pouted a bit but followed Ina and Jason's lead, she was definitely going to steal some clothes at the very least.

• Love
Ina moved silently towards the barracks, making note of the area that was now devoid of any life, or unlife, what with the circumstances. It was normally light enough to see what you were doing, but a massive surge of clouds began moving into the area, making it almost too dark to see. The distance of the darkness was pretty far from the direction they were coming from. "Flashlights on, everyone! It'll be some time before we'll be able to see without them." Ina stated, whipping hers out, and clicking it on. As the darkness grew more intense, her flashlight started to slowly reveal less and less in front of her, to the point that she couldn't see more than five or six feet at best.

"Ugh, keep it close everyone, this darkness is intense." She said, continuing to move forward, more slowly this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason brought out his own flashlight, wondering who was the clever sod to think of everyone having one. Darkness would not have been his own first fear, but now it came in handy to actually see around him. But it got darker, and soon the torches weren't much help at all. Before Ina had even said stick close, he was already doing it. The last thing he wanted was to get lost in the fog, minus the radiation and the living dead around.

As they moved forward, Ina noticed the darkness and fog were more intense than ever before. It was all passing through so fast, but was still a ways out. In the next few minutes it would be almost to their old base, and she wondered if they had spotted it in the distance. The sun broke through the clouds enough to provide light to see without light from fires or flashlights, but when it got like this, it was virtually as black as the void. Ina never showed it, but she was deathly afraid of this blackened existence. To not see five feet in any direction, she mentally couldn't handle it. In her mind, she was freaking out.

Her knife was now in hand, held much like a cop holding his light over his gun, and she was ever cautious. Ina turned and saw what she thought was an undead, and swung her knife, just missing its' neck. She quickly drew it back there against the neck, ready to slice it, but quickly noticed that it was Kris. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Ina said as fast as she could, and spoke in a hushed tone. "I'm extremely afraid of what's lurking out there in the dark.."

Kris jerked back wards, her flashlight had died just a moment ago. Her hand immeadiatly went to cover her throat, as she stumbled backwards into a defensive position. Eyes wide, she relaxed again. "Your okay, Ina. I can understand freaking out under the circumstances. Just try to breath and keep your head," Kris advised. Tucking her dark hair behind her ear, "I'll watch your back so you can focus on getting us to the barracks."

"Yeah, sorry.." Ina put her knife away, and shrugged off her unease. "Right, let's get going." Ina felt like her heart was beating so fast and loud that people could've heard from miles away. She could've killed Kris, sprayed with the red liquid in Kris's veins. Ina tried to keep calm, but she was so shakey and nervous that she couldn't hold her flashlight steady.

Kris watched Ina, unsure if she should just take over or not. Instead, she simply placed a hand on Ina's shoulder. Both to calm the poor girl down and so Kris could keep from getting lost. "Deep breaths," Kris warned, her eyes clicking back and fourth across the land scape ahead. Her yes never focused in on one object instead she watched everything St once, memorizing and categorizing the landscape into "useful or deadly."

Jason had watched in near silence. He'd avoided boredom, and Kris had almost lost to death. It caused him to step back a bit. "Maybe we should rest till the fog lays down," he suggested, quietly, as to not draw attention. He was sure he'd be blinded if the torch went out, and the fog couldn't linger forever. Jason could see Ina was jittery, and he didn't like to watch her like that, since he always thought she was strong and not one to break down. Kris was surprisingly calm considering what just happened. He wasn't sure what to do now.

Ina took a moment to think on it, and responded after a moment of dead silence. "You're right," she said through a slightly shaken voice, "We should rest a while. Someone else can take lead once the daylight is visible again." She was now hugging Kris's arm, as well as Jason's, who hadn't noticed her pulling him closer after he had stepped into arms reach. On the outside, Ina looked stable, but inside, she was terrified. The only thing stopping her from having an anxiety attack was the mention of staying put. Ina was a leader, and was born to do the job, but the question she had was did she have it in her to shake off her fears, or would she be consumed by them on every mission?

Ina had fallen asleep once and attacked a fellow survivor, almost ripping their throat apart due to the fact that she was in the dark. She banished herself, and found her new friends, and vowed to never get that out of control again, and yet here she was, nearly killing one of the best scavengers she knew, due to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.