Conspiracy Theories.

What Conspiracies do you believe?

• 9/11 was an inside job.

• UFOs are extraterrestrial/Aliens exist.

• New World Order is real.

• The Yeti/Bigfoot/Loch Ness/Other criptoids exist.

• Global Warming is a myth.

• The moon landing was a hoax.

• Hitler/Elvis/MJ etc were/are still alive.

• Lizard People run our world.

• JFK/Princess Diana/MLK were killed by the government.

• The Media (Social, TV, Newspaper etc) Brainwashes us.

• Other - Explain yourself!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King

I read it in the paper so it must be true.
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
I'm an afternoon and 1am poster lmao
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Transgender
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
- Horror
- Paranormal
- Supernatural
- Biblical
- Sci Fi
- World War I II
- Roman / Greek
- 80s / 90s
- Romance
- Occult
What conspiracy theories do you believe in? Or do you think the world is how it is seen?

I'm a personal believer in Alien life and the idea it's been to earth before. It doesn't mean I walk around with tinfoil on my head and all, but that's what I believe.

So yeah, tell me about your beliefs! You can just think that it could be true, or you can believe that it's obviously true! I just wanna hear about yo' ideas c:

Cryptids, because some animals that were once considered cryptid have been proven to be real. The okapi is a good example.

Reactions: Kagayours
THE MEDIA IS OWNED BY CORPORATIONS WHO OWN OUR GOVERNMENT.

Whether or not there's some secret alliance of creepy people, I dunno. >:[ But I do know that our future is in the hands of mega corporations. These days they have more money and power than the world's governments. And it's really easy to use that money to influence the media, products, and culture we are exposed to everyday.

I'm disappointed ]: There is no "Non" option! How am I supposed to stalk the poll if I'm not allowed to see it without voting while not having anything to vote on? D: The stalker in me is not happy with this poll :'( I wanna stalk the interesting conspiracy poll. *sits with puppy eyes in corner* /(T-T)\

Elvis is not dead, he just went home!

And Amelia Earhart is in stasis in the Delta Quadrant.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Windsong
But the NWO is real and does use the media to guide public opinion..

Holy shit it's like no one's heard of George Soros.

I'm disappointed ]: There is no "Non" option! How am I supposed to stalk the poll if I'm not allowed to see it without voting while not having anything to vote on? D: The stalker in me is not happy with this poll :'( I wanna stalk the interesting conspiracy poll. *sits with puppy eyes in corner* /(T-T)\
you can have your little stalky stalk now -w-

• Love
Reactions: King

Whether or not there's some secret alliance of creepy people, I dunno. >:[ But I do know that our future is in the hands of mega corporations. These days they have more money and power than the world's governments. And it's really easy to use that money to influence the media, products, and culture we are exposed to everyday.
Yeah, I agree with this, though I wouldn't exactly call it a "conspiracy theory", as that seems to imply that it's some sort of carefully coordinated plan to corrupt our minds for some sort of sinister purpose -- when really it's just corporations using their power to do what they do best -- make more money -- which they achieve by influencing politics, the media, etc... It's not really a "conspiracy" or even really "secret", it just sort of... is.

Same thing with the whole "the media brainwashes us" one. I don't see it as a conspiracy, but, the media does have a lot of impact on how people think, though not always in obvious ways -- and it's not like the media exists in order to create these effects. It just happens. For example, seeing a lot of violence and crime on the news all the time makes people think that crime is more rampant and that the world is more dangerous than it actually is. And, people tend to be more focused on issues like gun violence and police brutality and think of those things as bigger issues than they actually are, even though persisting problems like poverty result in far more deaths, but the news just doesn't cover poverty as much as gun violence or police brutality, which they build up a lot more to make them seem more important. But news stations aren't trying to condition our worldviews like that -- they're only showing what gets them the best ratings and, therefore, makes them the most money.

As for the UFO/aliens one: I do believe aliens are out there (it would be silly not to, imo, what with how freaking enormous the universe is), but I dunno about them having visited earth already. I'm also not sure I buy that whole thing about the government keeping them a secret, either. Plus there are so many different UFO sightings that, well, it would be tough to group them all together as one phenomenon when, even if some of them are real, there are still plenty that I'm sure are hoaxes, so... yeah, bit more of a case-by-case basis.

Also, I'm disappointed at the lack of my favorite conspiracy theory. Though I of course don't believe it -- it's just fun to see what sort of ridiculous "evidence" people can come up with. XD

I agree with this. The media is run by corporations, and they flourish while the populace is depressed and segregated. Think about it. If the lower class workers did not go into work for an entire day, if everyone paid minimum wage didn't go out to shop, or didn't do anything at all, how badly do you think the country would be hurt? Why will that never happen? Because the media and the government keep us divided. The labels, the constant stories of violence that only incites more violence. The government wants those not in the 1% divided so that we don't rebel, because if I'm completely honest, the U.S should have had some sort of revolution a long time ago to take care of our shady, corrupt government.

One I didn't see listed on there was the government creating HIV to get rid of target members of our society, mainly homosexuals and African Americans. I do buy into that conspiracy a bit, but I don't think it was targeted specifically to those two groups, but to the lower class in general.

I also believe that there is a cure for HIV, cancer, and quite a few other diseases. The problem is, there's no money in cures, only treatment, so chances are we will never see those cures.

TL;DR: It's not a conspiracy if it's true.

My favorite conspiracy is where:
Iwaku is run by the Illuminati
Legens Legentis is not actually an uncle
Lizard people gave anime to the Japanese to keep us unaware
Hmm... well it looks like there is no conspiracy.

BIGFOOT DID 9/11 BUT IT WAS ACTUALLY AN INSIDE JOB HOAX PERPETRATED BY ELVIS, JFK, AND HITLER WHO ARE ALL STILL ALIVE AND IN LEAGUE WITH THE LIZARD PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY ALIENS THAT HAVE CREATED THE NEW WORLD ORDER IN WHICH THEY CONTROL THE MEDIA INTO BRAINWASHING US INTO BELIEVING GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL SO THAT WE'LL COOL THINGS DOWN TO SUIT THEIR LIZARD BLOOD!

Cryptids. I don't think all of them are based on fact, but It is pretty impressive how many of them are extinct creatures, thus existed.

And aliens. Space is infinite so its very unlikely that we are the only lifeforms to exist ever. That said, its probable that we'd never make contact with one before the collapse of humankind, whenever that is.

*Votes for all of them*
*See's the votes are private*

Aw, that's no fun! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.