Console Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy my PC Master Race meme's, but I don't hold any actual hostility to Console players. I just find myself preferring the PC.
Better Spec's, Steam Sales, no running from one device to the next to do different things.

Console's however I will say have better local multiplayer.
You can't sit on the couch and enjoy a game of Halo with a friend on the PC the way you can with an Xbox.
Though, that perk alone isn't worth the 500 or so dollars needed to buy the next generation of console.

I still play Homeworld (the best game of all time IMO) and nearly had a geek-gasm when I saw they made a HD remake of it.
0846C2547496CC983D8AAEB334BCB45849F33F99

Beat the originals, nearly beaten the remastered edition. Still as amazing as I remember it.

Truth be told, it was Homeworld that got me into a Band that turned out to be my favorite band of all time.

Remember the credits of the original after beating the game?

After that I explored YES and fell in love with the music and went to great lengths to finding that album with that very song on there and still have it to this day.

Reactions: Darog and Brovo
I play vidya games.
I do not associate with the common gamer.
I play what looks fun, no matter the console or company.

I am tired and have played FTL until only a few hours of sleep is available before making important financial decisions.

brb booting up Risk of Rain.

That was one of the big things that made me say "Oh, hell no" towards the XBone. Nothing like having a mandatory Kinect and an Always On function that basically got more and more creepy when I thought about it. It really feels like some consoles are moving towards a giant social angle and I can't say I'm thrilled about that, nor the amount of games that seem to be demanding to be online to use or require day one patches to download most of the game.
I play PC and Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, N64, and a PS2 when I feel like it. I enjoy games for being games, some games are better played on a console than on a PC. Like shooters, god I hate shooters on the PC, but RPG's and other expansive games that wouldn't fit well with a console, that is where a PC is good. I just play to play and have fun.

Also. You do know the Kinect isn't mandatory right? You don't need it turned on, you don't need it plugged in, they don't even sell Xbox Ones with the kinect anymore. The Xbox One is easy to navigate without the Kinect and annoying voice controls where people can just go "Xbox Off! Yes!" and turn your damn Xbox off without touching a button.

I play PC and Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, N64, and a PS2 when I feel like it. I enjoy games for being games, some games are better played on a console than on a PC. Like shooters, god I hate shooters on the PC, but RPG's and other expansive games that wouldn't fit well with a console, that is where a PC is good. I just play to play and have fun.

Also. You do know the Kinect isn't mandatory right? You don't need it turned on, you don't need it plugged in, they don't even sell Xbox Ones with the kinect anymore. The Xbox One is easy to navigate without the Kinect and annoying voice controls where people can just go "Xbox Off! Yes!" and turn your damn Xbox off without touching a button.

I was referring to all the shit they announced before changing it all after backlash from fans. To be clear, I like Microsoft, just not what they initially planned for the XBone. It's an unsettling direction for gaming.

I was referring to all the shit they announced before changing it all after backlash from fans. To be clear, I like Microsoft, just not what they initially planned for the XBone. It's an unsettling direction for gaming.
Ah. I didn't like the idea of the kinect and internet being necessary, but at least they listened and changed that.

Reactions: Dervish
Ah. I didn't like the idea of the kinect and internet being necessary, but at least they listened and changed that.

Agreed. It's definitely encouraging when companies actually listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.