Consider the following

Status
Not open for further replies.
And like, I get why SJW's are made fun of, but, like, it still puts me in a sour mood just reading all that...

Hipster blog photos don't do that... they give people something to laugh at in a way that is not sad...

Good and pure posts that don't make people think hard about the state of the world or what's wrong with it.
It's not like people don't mock these people. Hell, everyone gets mocked. Everyone. One of my favourite YouTube channels exists purely to mock & review movies of all calibres. (Red Letter Media for those on phones who don't want to open YouTube.)

The problem is that you started ranting confusedly about why people mock SJW's when they can mock Hipster blog photos instead.

Why not both?

I mean, really, why limit comedy to just one or the other? Why not both? If you don't want some SJW humour, avoid it and pick a different target. If the thing you want to see mocked isn't yet, well, get about mocking it then! Make a Tumblr blog dedicated to mocking Tumblr blogs. Get super meta. There is so much stuff unrelated to SJW's out there in terms of entertainment. Let me look through my YouTube subscriptions and offer a few for you.
  • Digibro, an anime reviewer.
  • I Hate Everything, a comedian who will never make "I Hate Mars Bars" so stop asking him.
  • GradeAUnderA, a british bloke who mocks dumb fucks in general.
  • scholagladiatoria, a really awesome channel dedicated to teaching you how medieval weapons work. Skallagrim is another I can easily recommend if this turns out to be your sort of thing. Just screw off the pommel and end them rightly!
  • JelloApocalypse, a voice actor who makes fun cartoons mocking various websites and animated TV shows. I think his humour would be right up your alley actually.
Basically, if you don't want to bring up SJW's, don't. @Greenie didn't even know what they were because she focused her life on other things. I often take breaks from watching the cataclysmic fucking failure that is the average SJW so I can do other stuff, like anime.

You want to mock picture blog posts? I'm all for it.

Just don't be surprised if others mock SJW's and sound sore about it when you bring it up repeatedly and ask why people prefer to mock SJW's over hipster blogs. People tend to mock the things they are most powerless over, or which are relentless in their lives. SJW's tend to do both of those things. :ferret:

Also, on a semi-related note: A lot of comedy is ultimately based on sorrow, pain, and tragedy... Because it's a way for people to cope with a world they can't control. Life goes on regardless of what we do, but self-expression is a way to deal with it in a healthy way. Comedy is one of the most common ways to deal with it. George Carlin, one of the greatest stand-up comedians of all time, made his entire career off of tragedy and the common failings of the human race. Figured you might find that an interesting tidbit to know.

It's not like people don't mock these people. Hell, everyone gets mocked. Everyone. One of my favourite YouTube channels exists purely to mock & review movies of all calibres. (Red Letter Media for those on phones who don't want to open YouTube.)

The problem is that you started ranting confusedly about why people mock SJW's when they can mock Hipster blog photos instead.

Why not both?

I mean, really, why limit comedy to just one or the other? Why not both? If you don't want some SJW humour, avoid it and pick a different target. If the thing you want to see mocked isn't yet, well, get about mocking it then! Make a Tumblr blog dedicated to mocking Tumblr blogs. Get super meta. There is so much stuff unrelated to SJW's out there in terms of entertainment. Let me look through my YouTube subscriptions and offer a few for you.
  • Digibro, an anime reviewer.
  • I Hate Everything, a comedian who will never make "I Hate Mars Bars" so stop asking him.
  • GradeAUnderA, a british bloke who mocks dumb fucks in general.
  • scholagladiatoria, a really awesome channel dedicated to teaching you how medieval weapons work. Skallagrim is another I can easily recommend if this turns out to be your sort of thing. Just screw off the pommel and end them rightly!
  • JelloApocalypse, a voice actor who makes fun cartoons mocking various websites and animated TV shows. I think his humour would be right up your alley actually.
Basically, if you don't want to bring up SJW's, don't. @Greenie didn't even know what they were because she focused her life on other things. I often take breaks from watching the cataclysmic fucking failure that is the average SJW so I can do other stuff, like anime.

You want to mock picture blog posts? I'm all for it.

Just don't be surprised if others mock SJW's and sound sore about it when you bring it up repeatedly and ask why people prefer to mock SJW's over hipster blogs. People tend to mock the things they are most powerless over, or which are relentless in their lives. SJW's tend to do both of those things. :ferret:

Now, I'm not trying to say that anyone's a bad person for making fun of SJW Tumblr, or that people shouldn't be allowed to do it. I'm not the type to go around censoring people's comedy.

I never said that people shouldn't... or that it was wrong... I was just... thinking about stuff.

It was just more of a, "hey, why does no one make fun of hipster blogs? They don't put anyone in a shitty mood by making them think about fucked-up shit in the world, and they're actually way more common than SJW's in the first place, so doesn't that make more sense?"

That's all I was going for. Then I realized I was being rambly, because, for some godforsaken reason, I'll take three paragraphs to say what I could've said in three sentences. That's when I moved this rant to GC (when it was originally just going to be something I shared with my RP buddies), and went full shitpost with it by just embracing my own ramblyness and going really over-the-top with the way I talked about it. I also felt like blurring the line between where I was being serious and where I wasn't, for comedy's sake, and to make people think, "is Kaga just shitposting or is she actually trying to say something", and then when I'd reply with "both", and people had to figure out which was which, well, that would actually give them something to think about. But apparently, that backfired horribly, and I don't plan on trying something like this ever again.

...Still, my intention was not to open up a serious debate or discussion.

Y'all can make fun of whatever you want. I wasn't trying to police that sort of thing...

Also, on a semi-related note: A lot of comedy is ultimately based on sorrow, pain, and tragedy... Because it's a way for people to cope with a world they can't control. Life goes on regardless of what we do, but self-expression is a way to deal with it in a healthy way. Comedy is one of the most common ways to deal with it. George Carlin, one of the greatest stand-up comedians of all time, made his entire career off of tragedy and the common failings of the human race. Figured you might find that an interesting tidbit to know.
I mean, yeah, I get that, it's just... excessive use of SJW jokes just kind of brings me down, speaking personally anyway.

Not that that's a reason to tell others not to do it -- as, again, I wasn't trying to police anyone's comedy -- I was just... contemplating stuff....

I promise I'll keep it to myself next time and save you guys the headache. ;_;

Reactions: Brovo
It was just more of a, "hey, why does no one make fun of hipster blogs? They don't put anyone in a shitty mood by making them think about fucked-up shit in the world, and they're actually way more common than SJW's in the first place, so doesn't that make more sense?"
#1: Comedy is a vent to get emotions out. I can't make it a simpler explanation than that.
#2: ... H'wat?

MJtRmtz.jpg

Mocking Hipsters is one of the most common things on the Internet. Even on Tumblr.

Again: If you don't want SJW mockery to be brought up, don't bring it up. Don't dedicate 80% of your first post to talking about it if you want people to focus on mocking hipster blogs. :\

Again: If you don't want SJW mockery to be brought up, don't bring it up. Don't dedicate 80% of your first post to talking about it if you want people to focus on mocking hipster blogs. :\
I concede that everything about this thread was a bad idea, and I've been deeply regretting making it ever since your first few replies here.

I was hoping to save face by explaining myself further, but, no, you're right, no part of this was well-thought-out, and my attempts at defending myself are probably just making me look worse.

Like I said, I'll keep it to myself next time.

I concede that everything about this thread was a bad idea, and I've been deeply regretting making it ever since your first few replies here.

I was hoping to save face by explaining myself further, but, no, you're right, no part of this was well-thought-out, and my attempts at defending myself are probably just making me look worse.

Like I said, I'll keep it to myself next time.
You tried. I just like to illuminate and inform where I can. Focus on the light of heart humour next time, you'll nail it. Those hipster blogs really are pretty fuckin' funny. Blue stop signs, why?... lol

Ned_giving_the_ferrets_a_bath.gif

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
Focus on the light of heart humour next time, you'll nail it.
;_; I was trying to be more humorous than serious anyway... it's the fact that I tried to make a joke that I'm regretting, because then it was taken too seriously and I was brought to the revelation that I have no idea what the hell I was trying to accomplish in the first place.

I was trying to "illuminate and inform" to about the same extent that the question "why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?" illuminates and informs... except dragged out into ten fucking paragraphs, for reasons that even I can't defend.

;_; I was trying to be more humorous than serious anyway... it's the fact that I tried to make a joke that I'm regretting, because then it was taken too seriously and I was brought to the revelation that I have no idea what the hell I was trying to accomplish in the first place.

I was trying to "illuminate and inform" to about the same extent that the question "why do we park on the driveway, but drive on the parkway?" illuminates and informs... except dragged out into ten fucking paragraphs, for reasons that even I can't defend.
Bah. Things get away from us all sometimes. I sure have more than my fair share of dumbfuck moments™ as does everyone else. What matters is we learn from em', that we listen to each other and improve and get better.

You're a bright young adult with a good future ahead of you, Kaga. If you have any terrible fault of character, it's merely that you feel too much, care too much. You'll do fine. You'll make your next attempt all the better, and I know you will, because you'll care to.

You took criticism on the chin.

Bl8haQB.gif

I legitimately did not know what SJW meant until like... a minute ago? ^_^'
I feel you. I finally decided to look it up just now.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I legit don't know what's the difference between tumblr and reddit or even what they are.
In a nutshell?

Twitter is taking the status feature out of Facebook, assigning a character limit to it, and them making a whole site around it. Allows for constant quick tidbits and shares of info.

Tumblr is taking Facebook's share feature and them making a whole site around it. You get different sub-cultures in it, but it can mainly be broken down to North and South Tumblr. North Tumblr is the SJW types, South is the Fandoms getting together for gifs, fan work etc.

Reddit is basically a forum taken to a colossal level with sub threads for just about any topic imaginable and a built in system to make it easy to find the most popular threads without new ones getting buried.
What I was trying to say in a nutshell.

Last edited:
  • Useful
What's all this talk about Smooth Jazz Waluigis?

Boy, did this spiral into something. I love it.

• Useful
Ooh, so that's what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.