Conquest of Realms

Status
Not open for further replies.
National Action: Train 20 Regular Infantry
Character Action: Venture the Rift
Troop Action: Build 10 cannons
Scout Action: Use obtained airships to scout further.

This 'world' was not what he had expected, even from a dream. It seemed to twist and to turn. It was like gnarled roots; cutting off some areas, while allowing him access to...others. By this point, things were beginning to blur--he could no longer remember how it started, on recall faces but not their identities, just the lingering sense of their importance or impact. It was like a haze he couldn't shake. A fog he couldn't keep from permeating everything like black ink covering the words on parchment.

Finally, his dream took him to a veritable house of mirrors. One mirror was of a woman, a farmer, a general and many others. They were all praying. Wishing, hoping--pleading some force, some driving force that stirred their souls. But there, beyond them at a precise location formed with the image of the dark haired maiden, the one from before. Ye, he had indeed met her once before. She was the omnipotent one who haunted his dreams from before. Was he doing the same he questioned himself.

Doubt, there was always doubt in him. Afraid of each footstep like a child--and he knew it too. But this lingering sensation was dissolved like the night cracking open to face the dawn of a new day. Where he had once stilled himself, hands open and admittedly shaking somewhat. He was afraid, not for himself but for his people. But gaining a grip on himself once again, he stepped towards the dark haired beauty and past each of the faces before her, listening to their prayers as he did. They were not so different than those of his people--so why? Why was war the only option? Why was killing each other the only way? There had to be another way, and he was pressed to find it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: White

• Battle still ongoing, no other action done by the Empire.

Your File:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...jaJq0SkoyWAa5pYKYz1OA_apwo/edit#gid=912624985
    (I have Assigned the first Army Group and first Airship Fleet)

• The Shogunate succesfully recruited... 6 out of the 10 Requested Regular Infantry Regiments. The report had a note attached saying "We need more iron... We also only managed to build one of the desired Canons, there is no way we could afford 10 of them right now"

In the Rift:
    The black haired woman stared at the Approaching Yue, but just as he was mere meters away a red flamed popped from the ground and manifested a man infront of him (Kass) whom now blocked the way.
    (I will open a PM for the Collab)

Your File:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cNq8SHyO0m3RloPH6gD38vZy2A/edit#gid=381100329

• //
    Your File:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VnaBMfbYZEkiH7fcAA9Arjq7U/edit#gid=1742355082

• Kassius was now at the Goddess' chambers, watching as she finished the ritual. Not long after he had arrived a small portal appeared where the hexagram was.
    "Is there anything you can tell me about this person, oh Holy One?"
    Kassius was now at the Goddess' chambers, watching as she finished the ritual. Not long after he had arrived a small portal appeared where the hexagram was.
    "Is there anything you can tell me about this person, oh Holy One?"
    He wasn't sure if she had witnessed his moment with Loreil, but he did not care. He was there to serve the Goddess, whatever She thought of him was a reflection of his actions, and he wouldn't let her down.

"He is a rebel to their own imperial line. He bears suffering within himself, the responsbility of leadership. A weakling of bearing it's flag." She sat down on the side of her bed and ran her left hand through her hair while resting the other on her lap. "You are not expected to adress me as a Goddess by the way, my name once was Amalia, before I raised to immortality and power."
    He kept his eyes on the portal just once glancing at the Goddess, or perhaps not so, only when she was finished.
    "... I see... Yet the people of Oron treat you as one, you have saved us, your actions were... the answer to our ancestors prayers. All I'm saying is that we didn't took your intervention lightly, and neither should you, you saved countless lives..."

Kassius sighed, not sure if he had the right thing or not, but all he said was true. Slowly, he bowed before the Goddess, hoping that he had not caused her to unleash her wrath upon him.
    "Forgive me if I speak out of place... But as for this man, what would you have me do?"

He wasn't expecting to face this man in combat or anything of the sort, this was to be a peaceful solution, but... Was he to convince him to hear the Goddess' word? Then why not bring him out of that place? For that matter, why him? Anything Kassius could do, the Goddess no doubt could do as well... Maybe this was part of Loreil's request, to interact with the other Nations in a diplomatic fashion...
    Was that what this was all about?
    The Goddess sighted. People always treat her with such a fervor.
    She laid back onto her bad. "It is much less about saving lifes. I was asked to intervene and the request was just. A foreign god has no right to intervene into your world and neither do I have the right to defile a True God. This has happened more than just once or twice but many more times." Her blue eyes glared at the ceiling. "Because of my actions, now you and billions of other people, weither they are visitor like you, remants of crushed unwanted guests or the natives of this world are asked to defend this world while I am absent. This is not more nor less than them defiling my world in my weakest state, that and an attempt to destroy me before I can be an equal to them."

The Goddess now closed her eyes and placed one of her hands on her chest. "As for this man... Your commander asked for the permission for diplomacy, did she not? You will not see her for a while. This man's culture reflects on my own life before I was visited by 'it'. As such I do not trust them."
    She sat up with a smirk formed on her face. "Of course there is more to this. There always is. I could tell you. But you will have to adress me the way my personal Guards do if you wish to inquire. And that means to call and ask me by my name."
    His eyes widen at her request, he could not believe she would ask something so... something that could be considered blasphemy, a crime worthy of a death sentence should his people ever allow a sentence of that magnitude... Then again they would have enough reason to do with him...
    His gaze flew to the side, just barely realizing how, dare he consider, childish, the Goddess sounded. It was good to know that even Deity's had sense of humour... But was that truly it? How could he be sure this wasn't a test?

But that was a test, he knew it.
    "Then that girl wasn't part of your personal Guard? She did address you as... most Holy..."
    Slowly he turned to face the Goddess, and was amazed to see her smirk. That was a good thing, right?
    Kassius felt like he was child being led into a trap, pulled by the promises of candy!

And if he really was thinking that, then he was more childish then what people thought of him, which was close to nothing.
    "Oh but she is one of my personal guard. But more so than that she is a Templar. One of the Grandmaster ontop."
    She gave out a small laugh.
    "If it would go after the Templar or the Inquisition, the Justicar, the Holy Matron, the Paladin or the Arcane mistresses, you would be shackled and executed right now for being in my private chamber with me now. Oh and I would be sitting on an even higher throne all day all alone staring at the ceiling and becoming insane because nobody would be there to converse with."

Her face changed in an instant to a very serious one. "Then the people of this world would suffer because I would not aid them, war would break loose between the various factions and chaos would unleash itself onto my world. This is least desired with the consequence lurking in the darkness."

He gulped at the mention of what would happen to him but couldn't help but to shake his head once he had heard the rest.
    "Though I'm honoured by your request, I feel like I am not worthy of such words. You have endured... for eons, I can imagine. I would just be a grain of sand... However, that does not mean I will stand iddly and watch the Sun fade away."

He offered the Goddess a small smile, one that carried both sympathy and respect. The young Zerest knew that the Deity was vital to the lives of countless, whatever happened after her intervention was not to fall on her shoulders... At least not in this case, for it was the people of Oron... the King actually, that pleaded her.

The distance to the portal was slowly closed until he was but one step away from it... There was something that made him halt, something that he needed to say before crossing, something that made him look at the Goddess.
    "I don't know what happened, I don't know your past, your present, your future... I don't know the laws of your World, nor how you see me. But... I hope that someday I, as well the rest of Zerests, will earn your respect. Until then, I'll give it my all."

The goddess stood up, quickly and before Kassius knew it she stood right next to him, her right hand holding his left arm while her left hand held his right. "Earn my respect? Don't say such stupid things. Respect belongs to those that live and those that live to make sure other's may live without sacrifcing one's own life. Life itself is worthy of respect as you will see beyond this point."
    The goddess began to glow in a blue tone as her body, her presence dissolved and disappeared, leaving no trail of where she may had gone.

His body was shaking throughout the interaction and it was only when the Goddess left that he could breathe a sigh of... was it relief? He did know, he did not care. He had a mission.
    "..."

A mission that he quite frankly had no idea of what consisted... No that wasn't true, he was told to find the man's motivations, to find if he was friend or foe. Though he suspected that in her mind She already knew the answer. So this was really a test... Nothing said otherwise, at least not to him.

After a long breath, Kassius stepped forward entering whatever reality was there to greet him. He just hoped that whoever this man was, he would listen to reason, for he did not want to test his skill in combat, should it come to it...
    Your File:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nVA-VAeiYT2FP8q3Y-9uxW_PM/edit#gid=1995668738

Cost Calculator (If you want to recruit and are unsure how much it will cost)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hln6TBCPGA4UwWT39jquk0ABJj0BP2pykcHfB8NdKFQ/edit?usp=sharing
(edit dark grey area, if you get ref error or if a value is simply false please let me know)

Notes:
-Doubled Resource income to compensate for Recruitment Cost, this might increase or decrease until I found the value that I personally think is right.
-Everybody has their own Sheet on my Google Dive now
-Generals and Factions are still a WIP as I need to find a better set up for them first.

You can request for Army Groups to be renamed (Like 1st Imperial Army instead of Army Group 1). Same applies for fleets.

Map: https://imgur.com/bq0TZsZ
Time of day: Late Night
Deadline: 17th March 2015
24 turns left.

Last edited:
National Action: Train a light infantry group to replace what was lost
Character Action:
examine relic
Troop Action:
resupply and regroup
Scout Action:
resupply and regoup

Written Out:

Alaria had been waiting for her troops to return. Her curiosity had woken her up while the foreign planet was still drenched in the white sunlight that her people so tried to avoid. The Naylein had watched as the sun fell and the darkness rose, and she had watched her camp begin to stir to life.

When the people shaped mass had appeared on the horizon, it hadn't taken silver orbs long to focus on their coming. Excitement lit in Alaria's breast. Of course, this would not show on the woman's face. She had long since had practice in schooling her features and hiding her truest of emotions from prying eyes. As the group grew close enough to truly inspect, sorrow joined the excitement in her breast. Her troops looked a bit rag tag and she could tell that some were missing. Perhaps she should let them rest this night. They had been working hard since they had first come through the portal onto this strange new world.

When the book was presented to her, at first glance, Alaria had a moment of disbelief. She had heard the stories, like any Naylein, and even a good chunk of Raylein, had. The tales of forgotten lore and knowledge among her kin. As Alaria took the book, her fingers brushed against black leather, the familiar tingle of magic racing up her arm and making her tongue dart out to lick at her lips. Magic that was old and powerful. She murmured her thanks to the troops and the diplomat. Wonder was spreading through her. What else could the book be other than what she thought it to be? But surely, how would such a tome be on this alien world of all places?

Alaria lifted her eyes from the book, even as her thumb ran over the symbol, so similar to her nations crest. She again took visual inventory of her troops. She refrained from telling them the blunt truth, that they looked a mess.

"Tonight, your orders are to bring yourselves back up to par." She issued the order in a tongue that the diplomat would understand; she felt it would be rude not to. Those in charge had been taught the native tongue and would be able to issue orders in the whisper language the Naylein used. The councilwoman spent a bit more time among the people in her camp, giving directions where they were needed and taking stock of what was and wasn't. However, the entire time she held the tome to her side. Finally, the woman stopped by the diplomats tent and offered her thanks to the dark haired girl before returning to her own to eagerly begin her examination of the book.

"Milord, with Gorgath the Devourer's horde now routed, Lord Caelis has suddenly begun marching his coalition to the capital. It appears that the truce has ended. They demand that we allow them access to our lands and that we support his claim by providing troops."

"My cousin is a fool if the throne is his priority. If he continues on this warpath, then all he will rule is a Kingdom of Dust and Ashes."

"Are we to then refuse them?"

"No, for now. Inform them that we need two fortnights in order to reorganize our own forces. For now, they are free to pass through the Colin Plains in order to continue their march."

"What of Lord Reginald? He will see this as us favoring his half-brother."

"Tell him that I will extend his good grace period to pay back his loan by six more months. That should placate him without bringing Caelis' ire upon us."

"Very well, Lord Wolff. However, I do not think that we can stay out of this conflict for any longer. Either Caelis' Coalition or Reginald's Royalists will win this upcoming battle and seek to punish us for our failure to fully support them. I fear that the Duchy will be seized since we have yet to see the devastation of war ravage the countryside."

"I am very aware of this. However, I will trust my sister's word that she will come up with a solution. Until then, continue preparing for the exodus. It is obvious that we cannot remain here. I will do my best to deal with the day to day needs of the people and make sure that we don't panic and remain organized and calm. It will be up to my sister to save us all."

---

"Maria, are you sure?"

"Yes, Lothar. It is our duty after all as the Wolff family. The fortunate must help the less fortunate."

"Surely, there must be some other way."

"We don't have the time to waste. Now, Lothar. No, Lord Wolff. Go and perform your duty as I will mine."

---

"The portal is open! Vanguard Division, march forward! Secure the area! The exodus begins in thirty minutes!"

"Milord, terrible news! The Coalition has taken the Capital! They now march upon the Duchy!"

---

A golden sunset illuminated the walls of the city of Attolia, casting the white marble in a shining, golden radiance. Yet, the city was dead silent. It was as if every resident had suddenly got up and just left. Lord Wolff looked around the castle grounds. Before him stood the portal. To his sides were his loyal knights who helped Lothar make sure that the exodus went smoothly as he oversaw the gigantic movement. Lord Wolff then turned his head and looked back. Upon the ramparts of the castle walls were the 11. They were some of the most skilled mages of Eyddia and thanks to them the portal remained open long enough for the exodus to happen. At the lead of these mages was Lothar's own sister, who now looked drained from expending so much power, yet she continued to focus on the ritual with her eyes closed.

One of Lothar's knights then said "Milord, the last civilian has gone through the portal. We must now leave. The Coalition forces are just moments away from the city." Lothar nodded and walked along with his knights towards the portal. As he approached the portal, Lothar took one last look at the only thing that he cherished more than his own life and saw something that made him stop in his tracks. His sister was looking at Lothar with her eyes finally open, and a single tear glid down her face. Before Lothar could do anything, two of his knights grabbed him and pulled him into the portal with them.

---

It had been several months since that day. Lothar was diligent in his duties, but whenever he had time. He would retire to his room, and wallow. He felt oddly... hollow ever since. He would often stand by one of his windows and look at the gentle ebbs of the ocean in the distance. This was one such occasion. He silently ruminated in his thoughts. Only to be interrupted by knocking on his door.

"Come in." Lothar said.

One of his advisers entered and said "It's been a busy season. These lands are fertile and rich. We can grow and prosper."

Lothar replied "Except for the bandits and pirates. we have become complacent in the years of peace that we had in Eyddia. Our guards are lazy, and bandits rove in packs. In addition, we have yet to meet another nation... this does not bode well for the future."

The adviser replied "In due time, my lord. In due time. We must deal with these issues as they arise."

Lothar replied "Of course, I will carry out my duties. After all, making sure that the people of Attolia prosper is the least I can do for those who gave all. Now, unless you have something of substance to talk about, then please leave. We're all busy with our own ordeals and burdens."

The adviser left the room promptly, but not before he stated "Very well, Lord Wolff, but please your health is of utmost importance to the people as well. Without you... I fear for the worst."

Lothar continued to look out the window. He pictured his dearest sister in his mind. Her long sandy hair and azul eyes. Then that tiny mole on her left... no right ear? Lothar frowned. He had already started to forget what she looked like. He muttered a curse and walked away from the window. There was only one thing that he could do for her. The people of Attolia would be the legacy of his sister. Even if he forgets about her. Her memory would continue on through them. Thus, Lord Lothar walked with steadfast purpose out of the shelter of his chamber and into this new, unknown world that he hoped that the Attolians would eventually be able to call home.

• Love
Kaoric Empire:

• National Action: The "fog border" Act - The People of the Empire may no longer venture close to the fog by national decree.
    Character Action: Commanding the Troops of the first Army Group personally.
    Troop Action: Forming an Army Group Located at the Defended Keep to Protect from further Aggression from the east
    Scout Action: Scout the Terrain Northwards, claiming land that was yet unclaimed.

The Kaoric Empire achieved victory against the undead ambush, but lost any trade or track of the assassin.

• National Action: N/A
    Character Action: N/A
    Troop Action: Recruit lost troops back into the Armies
    Scout Action: Expand the Borders to the North.
    Encountered the Nalyein Nation
    Scouts report that more of the same kind of tower have been found

Naylein Nation:

• National Action: The "Mining Act", an attempt to claim the mines north of the mountain range.
    Character Action: Completing a Truce with the Cesedrian Diplomat about territory that they may claim.
    Troop Action: Claiming and moving the entire Army to the Citadel in the north, making it the local capital of the Expedition of the Naylein Nation.
    Scout Action: Scout the West with maps provided by the Arcanium of Cesedria.

• National Action: Revieing reports of the encounter to the south
    Troop Action: Secure the forts to the north.
    Scout Action: Expand the borders up to the sea.

The Diplomat of Cesedria requests an audience with her councilloress.

Akatzuki:

• National Action: The Lumberjack's Dream, making use of the available forests for wood.
    Troop Action: Manning Airships to scout the island and surrounding regions.
    Scout Action: Aiding the Airships in their venture.

Troop Action: Claiming an outpost on the main continent
    Scout Action: Scouting into the fog's territories

Scouts report of a tower glowing within the fog with a mystical magical aura. (Tower research added)

Kingdom of Oron:

Troop Action: Continueing their path south-west, accompanying the Imperial Army.
    Scout Action: N/A

The Troops of Oron followed the Imperial Army of Cesedria up to Lake Draco where they would be asked to board ships provided by Cesedria to movethem to their designated Goal. On each ship a few mages were busy with rituals involving a lot of gems.

Troop Action: Being shipped with magic
    The Cesedrian Mages opened portals through which the Loaded boats of the Oronian Soldier ventured through, only to find themself near islands, a captain opened a map and showed the Oronian Marshal where they were and explained that a remant group would be here which would be willing to join them if approached. He also explained that the goddess will shift the portal to the one of the previously here suited nation once that task is fullfilled. He also adviced strongly against breaking any seals on the island.

Kingdom of Attolia:

• National Action: An Act of Saving up.
    Troop Action: N/A

• National Action: Upgrading Infrastructure
    Troop Action:
    N/A

Some of the scouts note having seen a strange man observing from the shore. He was cloaked and wore a foreign heraldry.

To-do list:
-Finishing updating the map
-Finishing the Collab... which is gonna take a while it seems

Note:
@Oojax has gone missing for almost a month now which means something bad happened.

Turns left: 22
Time: Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.