Congratulations on Becoming a Ghost! (OOC & Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Calypso Major

Original poster
Congratulations on your Untimely Demise, Which Eventually Led to you Becoming a Ghost!
(IC) (OOC)

[fieldbox= , olive, dashed] "As human beings, we all have this instinctual fear of death - or, rather, what comes after death. Some say that there are alternate realms that one gets categorized into (sometimes there's just a single world). Others tell us that we'll be alive again before we know it, a blank slate to start all over again, like recycling.
And then we have the rumors that these are all lies. There is no 'other world', there is no recycling, there's just us, our soul, and the rest of this dying world. Spirits, entities, ghosts... they're all words that invoke a presence that isn't 'alive' in terms of the living. Some of these can be nice, a warm push in the right direction, or perhaps that fuzzy feeling you get right before you fall asleep. Others can be quite a hassle, the occasional though which leaves you with nothing but a sense of dread, or 'accidents' that happen at certain places during certain times..." [/fieldbox]
Genre(s): Supernatural, Horror

. . . . . . . . . .

Summary:

You're dead. You've died over a century ago, and have now returned once more to the world of the living.

...Well, not really, because you're a ghost now. A ghost who, for some reason, is forced to work under this lazy, sarcastic, throw-caution-to-the-wind type of guy who calls himself your 'supervisor'? Anyhow, this guy gives you jobs, varying from '' go get me some grub '' type of jobs to ''hey go kick these ghosts out of my town'' jobs.

And in return, you're provided with a place to stay, along with all of these other random strangers you seriously just met. But, at least you get one of those nice apartments featuring a large dining room, living room, and a full, separate kitchen...all to yourself if you so choose. It's nice and a'l, but sometimes you can't help but shake this apprehensive feeling that something's going to go very wrong, very soon.

But whatever, you have all of eternity to worry about that stuff after all. It's time to focus on your most important mission yet.

Finishing up your favorite TV show.

[fieldbox= , olive, dashed] "...Of course, it kind of sucks once you figure out that the only way to become a ghost, is to be hand-picked by some higher-leveled being most of us never get to meet."
- A victim of fate [/fieldbox]
Here's an Intro, because I can:

[spoili]
A small crowd of people awake in a dark space, the smell of earth and wood very much present. Nobody knows why they're there, nor do they recognize one another. All are quickly pulled from their confusion by a very loud voice.

"Ah, finally, some fresh meat, or - er...sort of."

A man stands there, no older than late twenties, wearing what seems to be jeans, a solid burgundy colored shirt, and a blue jacket. Some people winced at the classic 1990's grunge style of clothing, but at least this man rocked it, with his blonde hair barely brushing his shoulders in a casual way.

A few wondered why he looked this way, but it was pretty hard to focus on something apart from the sudden fact that he was semi-transparent, clothes and all.

"Anyhow, hello there young ones- "

A small voice tries to intervene, saying that they're actually 102 years old and that they were, in fact, most likely older than him. A flash of light, and a now-irritated voice continues, interrupting the last bit of the elders words.

"NO, I do not care what age you say you are, for as of this moment you are all newborns compared to me- which reminds me, CONGRATULATIONS!" The man (well, close enough to a man) claps in a burst of enthusiasm, leaving the others in the room to wonder what exactly is going on.

"Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Oh wise and noble glowing person in front of us, please say. What is our purpose of being here?' "

The space where the crowd stood was silent.

"Jeez, tough crowd." He clears his throat, eyeballing several individuals before continuing.

"First off, you should all know that you're dead." Almost instantly, a hand was raised, stopping whatever rude comments were about to erupt. "Yes, you all have my condolences, but before you all start yelling, I think you should also know the one thing you all have in common.

Each and every one of you died in the year 2012, on December 21st, at midnight.

Now, while you all died of different causes, it doesn't change the fact that each and every one of you are now equals in this world, as the newest generation."

"Newest generation of what?"

The same voice from before called out, the feminine warmth of a grandmother ringing in the silence. And once again, a flash of red briefly pulsed - or perhaps it was simply a very reddish-orange? Clearly, it meant that whoever this stranger was, was clearly unhappy with being interrupted.

"Well, call us whatever you like. Spirits, entities, specters, phantoms, wraiths - really, the living have so many names for us, it's hard to keep track. But for your generation, I think the most popular term was ghosts."

The hush over the crowd quickly disappeared as they began to murmur amongst themselves. One comment was heard over the rest, the sound of a young man's sarcasm unnerving.

"So what, we get a second chance? I don't know about you guys, but I think I'd prefer staying dead than being undead."

Within the second of the last word being heard, a small croak filled the air, eyes filled with fear as the people closest watched him grab at his throat. It seemed to be that this one was choking, but nobody moved a muscle to help. "It would be wise of you to keep your mouth shut if you have nothing productive to say." The crowd quieted again, watching with uneasy gazes as the man from before took a deep breath, before lowering his hand, which had raised just before the boy began to choke. Gasps could be heard from the boy, as he tried to fill his non-existent lungs back up with air.

He went ignored, as the source of all of their knowledge threw his hands up in the air. "Honestly, I don't know why so many of you were picked by the boss, but whatever. Just know that you are all here for a reason, and it was definitely not a fluke, nor was it because of your 'will to live' or whatever nonsense the living have come up with."

A small, child-like voice piped up, "Excuse me, mister...?"

This caused the man to stop, looking around to try and find the source for a few moments before giving up, deciding to yell into the crowd. "Name's Otto, please address me as Mr. Otto-the-man, or just supervisor if you prefer." As he introduced himself, he sounded quite giddy, like being called something other than his usual name was really special.

"Will we get to see our families again?"

The voice brought up a good point, and others began to repeat the question amongst themselves, only for all hope to be shut down quickly with a single sentence.

"No, because anyone you remember is long gone, rotting away in some obscure grave most likely."

"But not to worry, all of you will have a place to return to! Since you've all been asleep for a century or so, the boss had us - and by us I mean me - situate out a living space."

And with that, Otto clapped his hands. "Alright, no more questions?" Of course, lots of people had questions, but he just chose to ignore them as he waved his hand, an old wooden door appearing behind him.

"Good thing you guys have me as your supervisor, right? Now, let's introduce you to your new home."

[/spoili]

[fieldbox= , #CF5300, dashed, 10] Rules:

1. All Iwaku rules apply, of course.

2. NO GODMODDING, it's just plain rude to control other people's actions.

3. Posting wise, I'd like for a post to appear every three days...but since I probably won't be able to follow this rule for a little bit due to school I'll stick with once a week for now.

To show that you read ALL of these rules, please choose a color for your character and place it somewhere in your CS!

4. Another thing about posts. I'll be expecting at least a paragraph (that's five whole, complete sentences) that hopefully are either advancing the plot, interacting with another, or giving chance for interaction to occur.

5. And for the love of waffles and french toast, please keep all IC drama out of the OOC.

6. Finally, the last rule. HAVE FUN! There's just no point in roleplaying if it isn't fun, in my opinion, so have at it. Initiate scenarios! Try new things! Make relationships (but of course keep those sort of scenes family-friendly please)! [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= , olive, dashed, 10] Cast List:

Catherine Octavul (Female, @Raven Haruka)
- A shy, quiet girl, it's rare for anybody to actually hear her full name out loud, as she prefers to be called Cricket.

Nova McCall (Female, @IceQueen)
- It'd be quite the situation should you get on the bad side of this particular ball of energy (pun intended), but otherwise be prepared for lots of excitement.

Nicola Albescu (Male, @мι∂иιgнтєя )
- a WIP character

Ezra Fenton (Male, @Mocking_Jayy )
- Our local woodworker, Ezra tends to be pretty laid-back in character, unless of course you somehow make him upset or catch him on a bad day.

Frederick Braxton (Male, @Lissamel )
- Once an assassin from CapitalCorp, this master of poison tends to be an easy guy to talk to, granted that you don't mind his somewhat apathetical attitude.

Kaiden Kendrick (Male, @RainDash )
- After dying before he could ever achieve his dreams, Kaiden is very nice to those he doesn't know, hiding his crippling loneliness behind a smile.

Sophia Ellis (Female, @xLarius )
- It would be in your best interest not to bother this short-stack whilst in her 'mode', otherwise you've been warned.

Ji-Eun Bi (Female, @Taichou )
- a WIP character

Adrien Nobilis (male, @IceQueen )
- a WIP character
[/fieldbox]

Character Sheet:
Know that you can go as far in depth with your character as you want, but make sure to fill in the tings marked with a * please!

[spoili]

-BASICS-

*Name:

Nickname/Possible Nicknames:

*Age at time of Death:

Birthday: (Remember they died at the end of 2012)

Ethnicity:

Sexuality:

Appearance:

(You can also include a picture if you'd like - anime or other, it doesn't matter - but please provide a description of your ghost. Also note that - depending on the type of death - they might have scars and/or discoloring of skin in certain places. But don't worry, they provide no pain or discomfort for your ghost - well, apart from maybe the occasional itch, but it's just like a reminder of the fact that they died.)

-SOCIAL-

Habits: (Are there any habits they may have? Biting nails when nervous, scratching at their hand, playing with their hair, etc..)

Voice: (Do they have an accent of some sort? Do they usually speak in a certain way to people?)

First Impression: (What would be the first thing people think of when they meet your ghost?)

*Personality: (Go ahead, describe their personality. I'm sure I don't need to explain the fact that there should also be flaws somewhere, as they were once human.)

Fears:

Secrets: (A secret obsession over something? A quirk about them that they wouldn't want others to know about? Closet drinking? Write it here.)

Hobbies: (Do they cook an elegant five-star pasta dish? Do they play guitar? What does your ghost enjoy doing in their spare time?)

Failed Hobbies: (Do they suck at anything? Perhaps others should be worried about the state of the kitchen when they decide to summon the demons of hell I mean, "cook".)

-HISTORY-

*Do they remember their life before becoming a ghost? : (Y/N question)

Backstory: (If you'd prefer to tell your ghost's backstory, here you go. Or you could just describe their last memories before their demise.)

Last Memory:

Death: (What did they die of?)

-HOME-

Apartment: (Literally, try to describe the main features of your ghost's apartment.)

Atmosphere: (What type of atmosphere would your ghost's apartment give off?)

-RELATIONSHIPS-
rrrreeeadddd theeee pooossstttt...

-OTHER-

Did I miss anything? Feel free to add it in!

(Remember, all things marked with a * are considered mandatory.)
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
69f066cab01203611128d5501e84d691.jpg

-BASICS-

Name
Adrien Nobilis

Nickname/Possible Nicknames
Adrikins, A, Cutie

Age at time of Death

Birthday:
January 13th, 1996

Ethnicity
Half Korean, Half American

Sexuality
Pansexual- Leans more towards men

Appearance
Height-6'4"
Eye Color-Blue
Adrien is seen most often as a beautiful human that no one knows
how he could have died. Though he covers them up well, Adrien has a large
cut right across his chest, right around his heart. There is a little bit of bruising around his chest as well.

-SOCIAL-

Habits
Messing with his hair, biting his lip

Voice
Smooth but with no accent

First Impression
"Wow, how did someone so cute end up down here? He seems nice."

Personality
Adrien is nothing but flirtatious and cute. He loves fashion and being

Fears:

Secrets: (A secret obsession over something? A quirk about them that they wouldn't want others to know about? Closet drinking? Write it here.)

Hobbies: (Do they cook an elegant five-star pasta dish? Do they play guitar? What does your ghost enjoy doing in their spare time?)

Failed Hobbies: (Do they suck at anything? Perhaps others should be worried about the state of the kitchen when they decide to summon the demons of hell I mean, "cook".)

-HISTORY-

*Do they remember their life before becoming a ghost? : (Y/N question)

Backstory: (If you'd prefer to tell your ghost's backstory, here you go. Or you could just describe their last memories before their demise.)

Last Memory:

Death
Heart Failure

-HOME-

Apartment: (Literally, try to describe the main features of your ghost's apartment.)

Atmosphere: (What type of atmosphere would your ghost's apartment give off?)

-OTHER-

Did I miss anything? Feel free to add it in!

WIP BECAUSE I CAN​

Oh, and I also edited in Cricket's "relationships" in her CS.
...if ya want more information, feel free to ask PM me about it ;}

I think Kaiden's CS link goes to Frederick... every time I click it it's not Kaiden's sheet I'm directed to.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Mine are already up, I should get to work on adrien later today

• Love
For the record, before I post again, I'll wait for everyone else, since this is this is their first posts as various characters.

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
Removal exams = Delayed stuffies. GDI. XD

@RainDash I think I fixed the link-issue...?

Oh, and reading @xLarius 's post, I just wanted to clarify that your character does not share an apartment with your neighbor. One apartment just turns out to be across the hall from the other, and there are only two apartments to a floor.
But, I'm pretty sure you guys knew that. I just wanted to - you know - squash any confusion down before it sprung up. I'm sorry.

• Thank You
Reactions: Karyra
@RainDash I think I fixed the link-issue...?

Oh, and reading @xLarius 's post, I just wanted to clarify that your character does not share an apartment with your neighbor. One apartment just turns out to be across the hall from the other, and there are only two apartments to a floor.
But, I'm pretty sure you guys knew that. I just wanted to - you know - squash any confusion down before it sprung up. I'm sorry.
Yep, it works now! Thank you.

@RainDash Awesome, glad to hear! (or - well - more like see, I guess?)

And, not to be impatient or anything, but @Mocking_Jayy 's post announces that all of the completed (accepted) characters have now officially posted once, so there's no need to you guys to wait! Really, the only thing I'll ask of you is to not post back-to-back (meaning let at least one person post before you go again, but I'm sure you knew that already.)

And as for those of you who still have a bit of work to do on your CS's , please don't feel rushed! I'm just telling the others to go ahead and do their thing, you guys can always butt in later...!
('^.^)/

• Love
Of course you post this right before I plan to sleep

I'll post tomorrow, but yeah that's pretty cool so far. Here's to watching Kaiden backpedal out of letting people know that he knows how he died.

*Cough* So, I should apologize for not being on here earlier and waiting 10 whole days after the last post, but ta-da!

//cue jazz-hands & fantastic pose\\

Here I am, and here is a roll-call! (Also, I shall post a major plot-advancement thingy sometime tomorrow, unless somebody pops up that they don't want me to. So, speak now or forever hold your plot bunnies! )

@Raven Haruka (Here!)
@Lissamel (Here!)
@RainDash (Here!)
@xLarius (Here!)
@Mocking_Jayy (Here!)
@IceQueen (Here!)

(Also, @мι∂иιgнтєя and @Taichou and @IceQueen . not to hound or anything, but is there any chance your CS's are still in the making?)
{@Taichou : Your CS is alright if you wanna get an IC post in, so long as you don't forget about that personality section please!}

Annd that's all I have to say for now! Hopefully this hasn't died so soon... but if it has, I blame myself and finals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here Ma'am!

xLarius reporting for duty! Was waiting for a reply but HEY! Major events are cool!

• Love
Hey, I'm still here. Sorry for my slow replies @xLarius. School got in the way, but I finished so now I'm free.

I also forgot.

Here and yes he is. Just trying to pass school first

• Love
Yep still here!
I had thought that this had died though. I was ready to be sad.

:squirrel: I'm such a squirrel. :squirrel:

My books for my Honors English class came in through the mail today, and of course I had to spend most of the day searching for the papers that actually told me what my summer assignment was (curse you, six-year-old brother, for mistaking them as coloring paper). And after finally salvaging the non-crayon covered remains reprinting it, of course I forget about getting on here and posting that really important plot post.

But enough excuses, all that matters now is that I REMEMBERED - and now I'm gonna start working on it!

So, the post might be put up a bit later than planned, but hey - at least I didn't forget~

But seriously, I'm sorry. Have a small sneak peek at what's to come for compensation.

[spoili]
The clock struck seven, and although no chimes echoed throughout the hallways to inform this fact, everybody seemed to get the most peculiar sense as a sort of alarm- be it a shiver down their spine, goosebumps along their arm, or even a case of the hiccups. -

- Otto sighed at the group in front of him, his annoyance clear as day while he slammed his thumb onto the screen of the phone in front of him. "Alright you lot, I hope you had the decency to at least get to know your neighbor a bit." -

- The folders were yellow, the kind you usually can find at a bargain store for less than an American dollar. Each was handed to the seemingly more mature resident of each floor, forcing the others to share with their own neighbors. -

- "Leave if you want, but don't expect any help from me when they find you." -[/spoili]

• Love
It has been done!
...most likely with a boatload of errors because it's late and I want sleep x.x

So, because it's late and I'm lazy, I'll wait before I post meaningless nonsense Catherine's response to this relatively unhelpful chaos later.

• Love
My charrie doesn't have a floor mate

Status
Not open for further replies.