Confusion about Woman of the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8QluLVJ.gif

So, not gonna lie, I have not completely read this thread because I am in a rush, but I thought I saw something about chromosomes determining your sex. This isn't necessarily true!!!

Not only are there more possible combinations of your standard XX and XY pairings (XXY, XO, etc- these chromsome combinations are not synonymous with intersex) but someone can have XX chromosomes in all of their cells except for the sex cells ( and vice versa) or have XY chromosomes and exhibit what we would usually designate entirely female genitalia. Sometimes, a person will have a vagina and uterus but upon autopsy we find things like a vas deferens in their guts!!

Many people go through their entire lives assuming they have different chromosomes than they do and never find out. Doesn't effect them whatsoever!

Truth is, you can't actually know what chromosomes you have unless you go get some karyotyping done.

Genetics. Pretty funky stuff!

Someone who grew up in a different place and culture that doesn't have all this extra, complicated "gender fluidity" stuff is trying to get perspective and understanding from people out there in the real world and not some super edited site from google, just wants to ask people unfiltered about something.

It's okay, buddy.

There's always the Guardian's comments section.

It's okay, buddy.

There's always the Guardian's comments section.
How about a "Jump off the Throat of the World" comments section.

Those people aren't real people to me. I don't see why you keep saying this. Its very clearly different.

I should also mention that TERFs (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists) are generally looked down upon by the feminist communities.

Reactions: Saint Tribs
I like the joke that even a man is better at being a woman than women. Gives me a right good chuckle.

Also can't wait for genetic modification so we can just change what we want.

Helloooooo giant dragon cock and wings!

The crazy loud ones are looked down on by the moderate polite ones.
Shit that sounds typical! Too bad if you ask anyone what they think of when you say feminist is 'loud and obnoxious with 50's glasses'. If the moderates don't shut down and destroy the vocal minority they ruin the perception.

Ohhh boy. Must not say... anything.

GRUMPY HELP ME. I AM BEING DRAWN IN!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mid
Ya'll stay on topic, ya putzes! D:< Transgender education is important to Queen Vay!

In these situations, shitposting is your best friend.
This is true.

Ya'll stay on topic, ya putzes! D:< Transgender education is important to Queen Vay!
Okay Momma owl Daina.

I can be on topic. It'll just take some time for my own thoughts to be gathered and properly stated on the matter. Hopefully the dread doesn't get a lock before then.

Just in case measures though I can sum those thoughts up with, "Who the fuck cares? She got what she wanted and is now happy with being who she is. Good on her. "

• Thank You
Reactions: Mid and Esmeray
-Sigh-

Again, trying to be serious.

I'm just going to go jump off a bridge or shoot myself.

Oh wait, guns are evil. I'll just use a rock.

(Now that last sentence? THAT'S bait.)

Edit--

"He's going all out"

Not exactly a "he".

Status
Not open for further replies.