Computer brands!

M

Moonlit Blade

Original poster
Soon, I'll be getting my own laptop (FINALLY RIGHT?!)! I've decided on getting a $600 (roughly, but it costs a bit more, I think) Asus. It's got a nice backlit keyboard as well, and I've read and heard that Asus are really good.

I'm curious as to what type of computer(s) you like/use, and why! Do you ever have problems with your computer?

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. Wasn't my decision... I'd rather have a really awesome one that allows me to play Dragon Age. D< Plus this one doesn't have a cam built in, so I had a freakin' BUY ONE. But ah well. Never had any issues with Dell.

Asus is good, I think. It has its pros and cons like any other computer.

The worst kind, though? Alien Ware. That shit is fexspensive and crappy. My manfriend's Dad spent thousands of more dollars repairing that damn machine. We all learned our lessons just from his experiences. x__o

I build my own computers.

Asus, Toshiba, and Sony are my top choices for laptops. They're don't bullshit you with what they're putting in their laptops, offering fantastic value and customer service, and you're guaranteed a great product. Acer is good too, but they come after the other three.

Other computer-related companies/brands I dig are Corsair, Seagate, Samsung...

Nice. I don't have the patience to learn all the stuff required for building a computer that actually runs well. My current laptop is an HP, as was my first and only desktop.

I use a Mac which I rarely have problems with but they are uber expensive. Over a grand easy. However, Asus do run well :]]

I have an HP laptop, don't know about the company as a whole, but from my personal experience It has been a great computer...even now i still use it occasionally and it's about 6 years old.

CHEAPEST MacBook is $999

If you get a compaq I will strangle you with the powercable and save you a lot of trouble.

Sonys are overpriced and most of the time the recovery partitions don't work.

Toshiba, Asus, Samsung, Dell.... Those are my recommendations, take it from someone who fixes them for a living.

Asus are nawh too bad, I'd say go for it. Though I'm not sure for what all you want to use it for... HP and Dell are good brands, but you'd have to sink a bit of money into them to get your money's worth. I'd say go for the Asus

Only problem I have with Asus, is if something on the computer dies; they intentionally send you the wrong part. Happened to my dad like a month ago. He had to drop 100 on a powerchord because they sent him two male ends and told him that it was what he needed.