1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Dark Fantasy, Modern
Hello, I'm Ardent and I'm addicted to notebooks. I buy them only to have them sit on my bookshelf, looking pretty but getting no love.

How about you? Is there anything you buy compulsively?

Video games. Comic books. Clothing.

I have spent $465 dollars on PC games for the month of August, which is 14 games. I have played 3 of the 14 games.

I have pants of ridiculous colors, like pink and purple and baby blue, that I have never worn before stashed away fresh in their packaging.

• Love
Reactions: Dipper and Bubs
I buy novelty pens- I have heaps of fruit or food shaped ones from Typo... Most recent purchase of those novelty pens was in the shape of an ice-cream cone. It was cute so I bought it.

Other things that I buy that I have no need for are notebooks, that will one become one of my many journals. Vintage clothing, favourite brands being; Hell Bunny, Banned, Dolly & Dotty. Most of the time there when I can afford or I've found a massive sale on them and grab a bunch when I have a heap of money. Each year a store that I go to has a frock sale all October so that's when most of those purchases happen if I have the money. Crafting stuff. Perfume- I'm a collector of them because I like the bottles. Wool at the moment- I'm making three blankets, and wool has just gone on sale because of it being the end of winter, I needa stock up before it goes back to six-ten dollars for a large ball.

I'm at my worst for spending money when I feel down because it becomes an impulse to make myself happy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: Iceydaze and Dipper
DVDs.

I have a strict budget and usually I'm ok about it, but if I happen to walk into a used DVD store, there is a 99% chance I will walk out having spent at least $100.
My friends made a joke out of it, since going to the used DVD store used to be a thing to pass the time.
"How much money did you spend this time?!"

But on the upside I have a pretty sick DVD collection, so joke's on everybody else!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Shiri
Books.

I rarely leave a bookstore without getting a book.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Shiri
Games and books, mostly. So many games and books. I mean... the're right there, y'know? Even if I only play them once, I gotta have them. I gotta.

:cookie:

League of Legends skins. League of Legends is the game I have played the most out of any game, because I actually enjoy it and after years of playing and just putting 20 here every other week or so. I have collected every skin that a player can get that isn't time gated or restricted such as limited skins from Beta and Pre-Order. PAX events I never went to because I wasn't playing the game, and tournament skins (also a few season Victorious skins because I wasn't playing at the time). But any skin I can get, I have.

So now when new skins come out, I have just been sitting on RP after putting 5, 10, or 20 dollars a week on my account I just buy it instantly. Means absolutely nothing but I find an odd sense of accomplishment when I log on and see an empty skin store.

Other than that I save my money like crazy.

Car washes. I wash my car a lot. It's not one you see on the road a lot especially around here, and it draws your attention so I feel pressured to have it shine all the time. Also birds. If one of those feathered fiends bombs it, it'll drive me crazy until I wash the damn thing.

And athletic clothing. If you want to punish my wallet bring me to a sporting goods store.

Snacks. I compulsively buy snacks. I'm a glutton apparently. >_>;;

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
Different types of pens:
None terribly fancy, but I like the different feels of how they put ink onto pages. Between inking pens, gel, ballpoint, and the most recent fountain pen, they all just have interesting ways to move across the paper. But they quickly add up, even with cheaper pens, and I don't have the room for them.

Steam games (on sale):
Sales are my hell. Too many times I'll see a game for cheap and buy it, only to wait on installing it and simply forget that I've ever purchased it at all. It's sort've nice, though, because down the road I'll happen upon a gem sometimes! That's how I justify it anyway. Lel.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Food and coffee. I don't even like coffee all that much, but let me tell ya....if a place has blended iced coffee, you can bet I'm buying a large, even if it's outrageously expensive.

I am so poor, so very very poor. But I always buy chocolate or sour candy when I have money. ;w; This addiction cannot be curved.

Snacks. I'm trying to fight it. But it's difficult and I'm just caring even less... D:

I used to buy a game every paycheck. Not like a triple A $60 mess. But something reasonable and usually on sale. But these days I find I dislike most games. They're too much of the same. The game industry is kinda stagnant. Seems like most innovation, game mechanics wise, comes from indie games or modders. Think of how League is based on a mod of Warcraft and PUBG is basically DayZ mod.

Take out. I'm really bad about ordering food when I have food at home and really should not be dropping $20 on one meal (thank you delivery fees). Usually this happens when I'm working and have been too lazy to make myself something to take with me.

Also I have an impulse problem when it comes to dropping money on premium currency for games. Riot Points, Smite gems, Flight Rising gems, and so on, and so forth... when I still lived at home and actively played GW2 I probably fit the definition of 'whale'.

Now that my budget is tighter I am better about these things and I've never put myself in danger. But I'm certainly not as tight or as smart with my funds as I should be and every time I order in sushi I see my dad's stern look of disapproval in my head.

I really need to not buy compulsively and save for actual goal-ish things... But my spendy habits are usually At the mall before work: Bath and Body-works, (i looove that their fall seasonal scents are out!), Candyopolis, my JavaNova kiosk where I can actually sit and play video games while sipping my vanilla latte, or have a chocolate cake :D Also love their jewelry stores and clothing stores... Hobby Lobby is my other weakness... XD Beads! <33333

If I have the money, I do spend a lot of money on games, then I end up only playing an hour and then never pick them up again... Sometimes I find games I play for 100 of hours but it's rare. I would say I finish half the games I buy a few of those games are games I continue playing even after finishing the story and half the games are games I either don't play or just play one or so hour of before dropping it.

I also buy lots of chocolate and other eatable stuff that aren't very expensive. It's usually not that I want chocolate, it's just that I want to buy something but I don't need anything so I just buy something eatable.

I have also started to buy quite a bit of DVDs lately but then I end up not watching them xD

Hello Adrian, I too am a notebook hoarder! I also collect and impulse buy a whole shitload of dice sets (I just kickstarted Dice and I'm waiting on 10 new 7 piece sets! --- and I ain't played D&D in over a year!) Oh tea, dog toys, and . . . YARN SO MUCH YARN I IMPULSE BUY SO MUCH YARN!!!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ardent