1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
a l e x
no-lightbox

Alexander Flynn Percival the fifth had a huge problem. One that could ruin his entire life. He was ... bored. Utterly and totally bored, sitting down in his seat at his desk, tuning out the noise of his governor talk about physics or something too complicated he couldn't understand. He slumped in his seat, looking out the window where the beautiful outside world was, practically calling him to join it. To go horseback riding, to shoot arrows, to pick fruits off branches and trees in nearby orchards, to do anything but sit at his desk studying subjects that made no sense to him.

Ahem!

He whipped his head around and looked at his governor, glaring daggers at him. That was no way to look at a prince, but what was he to do, he knew he deserved it and more. He could only smile at his teacher charmingly, the type that swooned women and got him off the hook with almost any trouble he encountered. He was a loveable guy, how could they not want to let him go?

The governor sighed, he was already starting to crack at the sight of Alex's smile. "Your Highness, you really should study harder. You will need to know these things when you become king."

At the mention of him becoming king, his nose wrinkled. Alex made it no secret how much he did not want to become king and for a multiple of reasons. He already knew where this was going. His teacher was going to give his typical lecture about responsibility and kingship and things Alex could care less about.

So, he hopped up and flashed his governor one more smile, while heading to the door. "Aha, I think this lesson is over." He said, walking backwards out of the door and whipping around to run ahead. He could hear his teacher call out to him, demanding that he read the lessons over again for tomorrow.

Alex rolled his eyes and looked ahead, halting a little too late when clashed with a servant girl. He was able to wrap his arm around her waist and prevent her from falling into the floor, but teetered forward, almost falling himself and dropping her in the process. When he was balanced, he stood up straight, but his arm had yet to let go of her.

When finally got a good look at her face, that charming smile of his resurfaced. Obviously, he didn't know her, but she was beautiful, to say the least. "Well, this is a problem." He mumbled with a slight flirtatious lilt in his voice. "Looking at you, I just forgot my pick up line."

Though, now he knew exactly what fun he would have today.

Last edited:
Cecilia Dawn was doing her normal morning routine for the week. She had woken up, showered, gotten into her blue and white flowered dress for the summer, and carried her apron with her for later. Her first task in the morning was always the kitchen. She loved cooking and baking altogether, which is why she was so strong in the kitchen for the castles breakfast. She mixed the eggs and buttered the toast and baked the muffins until everything was finished.

Quietly, she chatted with the others who were in the kitchen for breakfast. There was Maria, Zach, Jamie, Allison, and Martin. Once everything was finished, they all parted ways to their next job of the day. For Cecilia, it was hanging the laundry out to dry. After dusting th flour off of her apron, she left it to hang since she'd be back later for dinner, and washed her hands. Saying goodbye to her fellow workers, she walked out of the door and looked down the hallway.

As she walked, she thought about her day off Saturday and what her plan was. She could use the money she earned to buy a new blanket, since hers was going on 6 years old. It had been so warm out and used, there was no warmth to it anymore. But she wouldn't say anything to her parents. She knew that they didn't have enough money to buy a new one, and that was the last of their worries.

As she walked down the stairs, she wondered what it would be like to grow up in the castle. She knew the King had a few children, she had actually met and played with the younger ones on a few occassions. They seemed happy and fun to be around, she just couldn't help but think of how different it would be to have a royal family. As she was walking, she sighed softly and looked behind her, thinking she heard a noise when she felt a body collide with hers.

Nearly losing her balance, she teetered back before feeling arms go around her. It took a couple seconds for them to both gain their full balance back, and once they did, she opened her mouth to apologize and nothing came out. If it was who it looked to be, it was the Prince she had ran into! "I'm really s-sorry, I wasn't paying attention," she said nervously. Cecilia stood up straight and took a step back, pulling out of his arms. She couldn't lose her job, she just couldn't! But how could she have been so stupid as to not pay attention?

Cecilia looked down when he mentioned a problem, afraid of what was coming next. He then surprised her by saying something she wasn't expecting. Her cheeks turned pink and her hands shook slightly. "I-I'm sorry, again. I have to go back to my chores," she said quietly. Her head was still down, quite more embarrassed now, and she turned quickly to walk away. She was more speed walking than anything, and made it to the stairs quickly. Heading down them, it was only a few minutes later she had managed to not see anyone else and was standing out in the cool summer wind.

Sighing, she walked slowly over to the laundry line where her pile of clothes and pins were already waiting for her.

• Love
Reactions: MaryGold
a l e x
no-lightbox

"Don't worry about it," A small laugh bubbled up and out of Alexander's mouth at the girl's reaction. She seemed meek, but he couldn't say he could blame her. She had just run into the Prince, not just any Prince, but the crown prince. The person who would someday be her king and ruler and that was enough to unravel anyone and strike fear into the one that bumped into him or got onto his bad side. So, he knew his comment must have caught her off guard.

Yet, anyone who knew Alexander knew that he wasn't someone to fear, that is, unless you hurt those dear to him. Otherwise, he was a very down to earth prince, an easy going person in general. He was mischevious, though and very playful, and he was known to be very flirtatious. It was common that he had the women of their kingdom swoon and fall for him, courting came easily to him.

Seeing the servant girl run off did catch Alexander himself off guard, though. His grinning face shifted into that of a surprised one. "H- hey ..." He was unable to get a single word out before she was out of the sight. The girls never ran from him, and so quickly too. Not to mention, it was just bad manners, especially to royalty. Truthfully, royalty mattered very little to him though.

He wasted no time in getting over his stupor and following after her in his own pace. Walking down each step, he hummed a merry tune to himself until he was outside and spotted her instantly. His smile returned, his playful yet charming on.

"You do know you're supposed to wait until I dismiss you before leaving, right?" Alex said, walking up beside her, using his best stern tone. He played a frown before looking down at the basket of clothing. He leaned over and picked up a shirt of his. "Ah, so this is where you went off to in such a hurry?" he chuckled lightly.

"Anyway, what's your name?" The young prince asked, shaking out his samp shirt like he had seen the maids do so many times before. "I'm Alexander, but you already know that." as he spoke, he hung his shirt onto the line and reached for pins.

Of course, he knew that this was no job for a prince nor should even be doing it. But he didn't care, when did he ever? As a child, he would often help out in the kitchen or do chores. It was fun to him. Now that he was older, he was barely able to do any of those things. Fortunately, he found new hobbies.

• Love
Reactions: MarilynFae
Cecilia was still very caught off guard that not only had she ran straight into the prince, but she had ran away from him! For the obvious reason, it was disrespectful and could get her fired immediately, but not to mention how embarrassed she was. Of course, of all the things that could have happened that day, it had to be just that. Luck was never in her favor anyway.

As she shook out the clothes and hung them quietly on the clothes line, humming her favorite working tune softly, she heard footsteps behind her. Assuming it was one of her fellow employees coming to help her, she didn't turn around. Upon hearing a male voice that seemed somewhat familiar, she shook out a gray shirt before turning to look at the same Prince she had ran into just moments before.

Her mouth nearly fell open in shock of seeming him in front of her again. As he spoke, her eyes grew even bigger and she watched as he picked up a shirt and did the same as she was doing with them. "I-I-I'm so sorry, your Highness," She stuttered nervously. "Please forgive me, I was just rather startled by seeing you so close," she mumbled, her cheeks turning a light pink.

"Please," she said, taking the shirt and pins from him. "Allow me." After Cecilia hung the shirt, she turned back to the tall male. "I'm sorry, again, for bumping into you and running away so quickly. But is there something I could assist you with?" She asked, running her hands over her dress nervously. She folded her hands in front of her like she was taught when in a royals presence, and was careful not to make eye contact.

Staring at the ground, she heard him ask her name. Glancing up, she saw his eyes looking down at him and she looked back at her feet quickly. "My name? Cecilia, Your Highness," she said. The girl was startled beyond belief. After bumping into him, Cecilia was sure the prince would fire her immediately, and then leaving without his permission was another strike against her, but here he was, asking her name?

The girl picked up the basket of clothing and took a few steps back. "Well, if there's nothing I can help you with, I should get back to my chores," she said quietly, still avoiding his gaze.

a l e x
no-lightbox

The frightened look on the girl's face and her shaky composure made Alex soften his voice. He didn't want to scare her any more than he already had, but what did she really think about him? That he would really fire her over bumping into him when really, it was the other way around. Even if she had, Alex was very good-natured and kind, like his father. They ruled with mercy, charity, and kindness but also with stern and stronghold. They had to keep the rules enforced, protect their people but also look after them and show their love. Really, they were the same with their family and friends. The kingdom was their friends and family. At least that was what his father told him.

So, it was slightly insulting for her to be so afraid of him. No, it didn't make him cocky or boost his pride. "You don't have to apologize so much." He chuckled softly, keeping his tone just as gentle. She was a cute girl, not just in appearance but also in personality from what he'd seen so far. "I was the one that bumped into you, so I am the one that owes you an apology. If you'll allow me to anyway." Alexa had a feeling she was the type to not accept any apologies from the higher class, despite them being the ones who had more reasons to.

When she took the shirt from Alex's hands, he looked to his empty limbs in surprise before looking back up and watching her hang it on the line. Her hands were quick and precise, she knew what she was doing. It may not have been impressive to many people at all, but Alex was always impressed by the servants worked. He wondered how well they managed their own homes or quarters seeing how well they took care of his.

His smile quickly cm back when she gave him her name. Cecilia was a very pretty name, to make it even better, she was the first Cecelia he had ever met. Subtly, he took in her features, pretty blond hair, hazel eyes, she was quite the looker. It was a surprise she wasn't a court lady instead of a maid. But she was not born into nobility and apparently, blood mattered despite all his father's talk about equality.

"Well, Cecilia," he began taking the basket from her hands before she could even think to wheedle herself out of the situation and run off. "You can assist me by allowing me to help, I'm terribly bored." he set the wood basket down and pulled another shirt from it before following the very same actions that she had done not too long ago. "I just want your company, so keep working, and I'll be here too." He flashed her his trademark, charming smile.