???
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of others. Ask and you shall receive (an answer).
What's your favorite way to communicate? I personally prefer text and email. Overlooking the fact that letters don't allow for inflection or much meaning beyond literal, it's an efficient way of getting information across and you can think a bit before replying.

So: phone, text, email, or face-to-face? What's your preference?

Face-to-face. I hate email and I hate text and I hate phone lol.

Text! I'm an overuser of emojis :X

Face-to-face. Body language speaks volumes.

Text.

I hate phone calls, receiving and calling.

I am not good at conversing face to face. I get easily embarrassed and stumble a lot and well, I'm an introvert. I'd rather have a screen between me and the other person.

It's so much easier to communicate through text for me. You don't have to worry about maintaining eye contact, you don't have to worry about your tone of voice betraying how you feel and there's no pesky phone to hold up to your ear! Somethings are easier said in text than in voice too.

Face to face if I can but all my friends are back home (I moved) so I'm really just left with text but I love it cus I am an emoji QUEEN.

<.< emoji is my signature
Everyone on an iPhone will know the eyes
It's my thingggg

Face-to-face. A lot of things just don't translate well over text. Body language is a big factor in communication. I'm also a physical person and find that I communicate more effectively through actions than words (like hugging/simply listening to people when they're upset, which you can't really do online or over text).

Phone calls are okay. I just normally suck at texting since I tend to put that off for as long as possible. For sure, texting is easier and requires little commitment, but it's also very impersonal.

Reactions: Dipper
None. I don't want to communicate with any of you goobs. :[

It actually depends heavily on the language with me. In English I find that I can express myself better over text and I'm more comfortable and confident speaking over the phone in Dutch and the same goes for Chinese.

As a rule I just generally detest face-to-face conversations, there is just something about being seen and having to look the other in the eyes. I grow awkward then and start to stutter, but I'm willing myself to be better if only because it is required.

My pref is face-to-face, there's something to be said and gleamed from things like actual laughter, smiles, twinkling eyes, etc. I'm also fairly fond of humor that could be construed as mocking without associated body language and cues.

Honestly, I'm partial to all forms of communication. On the other hand, its 2018 and way too many businesspeeps still don't know how to set-up lighting or audio in a video-call...............................

I'm honestly envious of those who have an easy time talking face to face or via voice :"D it took me a looong time to break out of my shell and even VC on discord, that too with close friends. :'3

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: Spekkun
gonna base this off online communication because I am a housebound hermit nowadays:

It depends on who I'm talking to. With people I know and like, I prefer voice calls, since I can say more there than in text and I find I'm better at expressing myself. plus apparently I make some great noises?

For the closest of friends, I love face-to-face. There's so much there that I miss from when I was actually able to handle people out in the world, but for now, video calls have to suffice.

Everybody else? Text. If I don't know somebody, they don't get to hear me, because am shy bean.

Last edited:
My only problem communicating with voice is that I stumble and stutter and trip on my words so much. I'm always repeating something just to make sure I got it right, at least once or twice xD It IS fun though

I despise text messages. Don't send me long ass paragraphs talking about a deep issue bothering you, just pick up the phone and call me. Is it really that hard? I want to hear your voice. I want to feel how you feel. And I don't have time for you thinking I'm mad at you just because I didn't end every text with "lol" and a smiley face. Tired of misunderstanding what I'm saying? Call me then.

Inb4 someone goes "but Kuno, what if they have social anxietyyyyyyy". I get it. I get that some people have legit issues with social interactions (me included) but I just feel like texting--and cell phones in general--have really crippled people's ability to communicate well with others. I used to be able to talk with a certain number of my friends face-to-face and on the phone all the time, no problem. Now when I call them, they act like they just got called by the neighborhood pedophile.

And if you're one of those people that likes to text someone who's sitting in the same room as you instead of talking? I will straight up shank you. Unless you're talking smack...in which case carry on.

tl;dr Down with texting!
*marches around with a picket sign*

Last edited:
Some thing are better for text, when I have to say something important and/or difficult and I want time and opportunity to organise my thoughts text is superior.

However, I actually have an all right time communicating face to face and find that my somewhat dry dumb sense of humor goes over better when people can see that I'm being silly and I don't need to try to soften it with emojis!

Also calls are usually better when I'm trying to tell my family about anything big or interesting because for each question that I answer they're going to ask four more questions so being able to handle each as it comes it so much easier!

Have a cookie, guys :cookie:

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
text mainly, but email is a close second ... i am so anxious and awkward and shy that I prefer to avoid interacting when I can ... plus i have more time to think when I'm typing, opposed to just letting things fall out of my mouth :3

I haven't had a phone in a few years. But I can see the value of the different mediums. Text seems appropriate for shooting off a quick question with no commitment. And calling allows for a more personable conversation without committing too much. Chatting in person seems like the thing to do when you have the time and are committed to being around someone.

I'd say text chat online is my preferred communication most of the time. I can still do other things and watch videos or listen to music.