Common Words you Don't Like Using

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancer - And I mean the definition that urban dictionary made popular wherein you say it when you dislike something. Like...what? I'm sorry that you don't like that particular post on facebook, but that doesn't actually give you a terminal illness. It lightens what cancer really is and it bugs me to no end. Unless the speaker/poster actually has cancer, then we bask in the morbid irony known as life, and laugh while we still can. :D
Yes. When a word is misused to become the definition of the misuse.

I sometimes find myself being very lazy and using it anyway.
I see what you did there.

L33t
This belongs when the internet was being "cool" and being an adept coder also was viewed as "cool". Do anyone still think it is "cool" in the manner it was back then? P3R10D.

L33t
This belongs when the internet was being "cool" and being an adept coder also was viewed as "cool". Do anyone still think it is "cool" in the manner it was back then? P3R10D.
Numbers, in general, make my eyes hurt. Seeing them in words irritates me.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I find the term 'baby' as a nickname so estranging, because it does even remotely portray your relationship with that person. Like don't get me wrong, I'm guilty of using vague and unspecific nicknames like, well frankly, love. But at the very least that's calling a basketball a ball instead of calling said basketball a tennis ball. It's kind of weird and feels so impersonal, which is why I dislike using it, I suppose.

Another word is Beta. First off because fucking nobody knows how to pronounce it, so I always have to spell it out, but also because if a discussion will dwindle down to the internet definition of beta male one more time when I mention "Nah, it's still in beta." I will violently murder whatever fuck tries to eulogise their selves over the latest shit they saw on 9gag.

Okay so that was only once or twice but fuck that end-of-the-centipede trash which made me despise the word.

Yeah, the use of beta is just a giant face palm session. It pairs well with that stupid "cuck" shit people throw around now. Either of those words used as a derogatory remark instantly tells me everything I need to know about the speaker.

spaz - what a gross word lol

scran - a british slang term for food, it's the grossest word to ever say lol just say food pls

Problematic
I want to be able to use this word, but it's just so strongly associated with SJW's that I feel like I can't even use it in its original context anymore. It just feels... weird, and it kind of makes me feel like any sentence I use that word in will be read differently because of its connotations. >.> Which is a shame, because, otherwise, it's a perfectly serviceable word... I'll still resort to it if I don't feel like thinking of a better word, but, it still feels weird.
So would you say that using that word is...... Problematic? xD

-is shot-

Whenever I'm speaking, I hate using the word 'like'. Like, bruh..
You know, like...

But I still do it anyway.

Reactions: Indabayou
Whenever I'm speaking, I hate using the word 'like'. Like, bruh..
You know, like...

But I still do it anyway.
I'm pretty sure I'll never escape the 'like'. or the 'um'

Reactions: napstablook and Mu
It's not a crutch; it's a superpower.
It's not a superpower if anyone can do it.

Additionally, if one needs to do it to help deal with pain, that sounds like a crutch.

And, I'll bet my superpowers are greater than yours.

It's not a superpower if anyone can do it.

Additionally, if one needs to do it to help deal with pain, that sounds like a crutch.

And, I'll bet my superpowers are greater than yours.

So humble.

Main reason I replied was the implication you pretty much look down at everyone who swears on this site as weak and beneath you. Batting two for two!

So humble.

Main reason I replied was the implication you pretty much look down at everyone who swears on this site as weak and beneath you. Batting two for two!

I do. But that's my opinion and you haven't done much to change it.

And just because someone is expression-challenged doesn't mean they are lesser than me.

So humble.

And just because someone is expression-challenged doesn't mean they are lesser than me.
4OBGnSj.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Hmm... Honestly, I don't feel that a person is expression challenged just because they choose to curse at times. I have a friend who is rather potty mouthed, but when she writes for roleplays or any other work, she has all the words.

It's a person's choice is all, in my humble opinion.

• Useful
Reactions: Dervish
Hmm... Honestly, I don't feel that a person is expression challenged just because they choose to curse at times. I have a friend who is rather potty mouthed, but when she writes for roleplays or any other work, she has all the words.

It's a person's choice is all, in my humble opinion.
As a practical example of this in action.

"I had found myself in a troubling position underneath a merciless, beating heat, from our local star that refused even for a moment to give me relief. Try though I might, 'twas impossible for me to find shelter, and not a gentle, nurturing cloud could be seen anywhere across the great blue expanse above my head."

Proletariat translation: "Yo it was fuckin' hot and I couldn't find no god damn shade, fam."

That's okay. I don't think much of polygamists, either, so it's not like I would even want your approval. I mainly just wanted to hear you state out loud that you look down on basically everyone here to firmly cemement your reputation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bitching soapstone carving that needs finishing.

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
  • Love
Reactions: Windsong and Brovo
That's okay. I don't much of polygamists, either, so it's not like I would even want your approval. I mainly just wanted to hear you state out loud that you look down on basically everyone here to firmly cemement your reputation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bitching soapstone carving that needs finishing.
jrdv6u-1.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Words I'm sick of:

Illuminati - Cmon are they really the cause of every single thing you come across???

Real (As in "I'm real") - If you were truly "real" you wouldn't have to announce that on every social media page and to every single person (especially females) you come across.....

I'm sure there are more words I dislike, but I'm too sleepy to remember them. Lol. Maybe I will pop back in and add them.....

Oh and btw @Darog your title under your username is hella awesome 8D

Real (As in "I'm real") - If you were truly "real" you wouldn't have to announce that on every social media page and to every single person (especially females) you come across.....
...This is a thing that people say often?

@Kagayours

And btw who is that girl having sexual relations with the banana??? O_o
I have no idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've just known this gif for quite a while, and I like to return to it every so often. XD

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.