FANFICTION Common Chum Charmed by Chim(no Gibs, I'm not sorry)

Moose

Spider-Buddy
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
"I'm real. I'm real. I'm real." Kiliban said to himself as he woke up. He peeled the sheets from his body, they stuck to him through the blood they were covered with, his pores were still leaking the red fluid, staining his ashen skin. He sighed deeply and began to wonder if he even needed to breathe before deciding it didn't matter.

"This is a dream." He said, tossing the bloodied sheets across the room. Ordinary sweat began coming out his pores, washing the blood off his skin. He rolled out of bed and stood up, one small part of a vast universe, one that was still tired even though it was all a dream. He groaned as he walked to the vanity he had in his room, wondering if he still looked the same. He pulled down his lower eyelid to look more closely at his eye. He didn't know what he was looking for, but he didn't find it.

He smashed the mirror and the pieces floated in the air for a moment, just long enough for Kiliban to think about it, then they fell. He picked up one of the mirror shards, he saw his eye reflected in it, the brown of a Breton staring back at him, his father's eyes.

"Eren!" He called out loudly, silently cursing himself, "I mean... Father." He corrected himself, though less loudly than he had initially spoken.

The small Breton man came into the room and looked at his son, "Master Kiliban, how can I be of service?"

"House Indoril no longer requires your service, you're free to go." He said, approaching his wardrobe.

"I don't understand." Eren said, furrowing his brow.

Kiliban began pulling his ordinator armor from the wardrobe and donning it, "You are a free man." Kiliban said, quickly getting his armor on. He put on his helmet and walked to Eren, using his bare hands, he wrenched the cuffs that marked his father as a slave off.

Eren rubbed his wrists, looking up at his son, still not sure what was going on.

Kiliban walked to his desk in the corner of the room and wrote a note on a piece of paper, signing it and sealing it with the seal of his house. He walked back to his father and handed off the note, "One last task, give this to mother and tell her that I will be speaking with Lord Vivec." He resumed getting ready, grabbing a large satchel from under his bed, he grabbed his copy of the complete 36 lessons of Vivec, Feyfolken, Last Scabbard of Akrash, Immortal Blood, Mannimarco king of worms, and tossed them all in his satchel.

Eren still stood in the door and Kiliban sighed, "If mother wants to hire you as a servant, she can. If you want to submit yourself to be a slave again, you can. I am leaving, you cannot come with." He placed his hands on his father's shoulders and scooted the man out of the way, "What you do is your choice now." He said, heading out of the small house he had and going to the Temple.

Kiliban arrived at the temple, the armor was his and would remain his forever, but this would be the last time he set foot in the temple. He opened the front door and walked in, finding his way through to Vivec. The golden and blue elf god sat before him, floating above a cushion that was on the ground. Killiban pulled the lessons of Vivec out of his back pack and threw it on the floor in front of the man he once called god, "Moon and Star killed Dagoth Ur, but surely you already knew that. After all, you're the one who set his prophecy in motion by killing him."

Vivec looked to the book on the floor to Kiliban who threw it, beginning to giggle, "Indoril, is that you? You look different." He tilted his head, his differently colored eyes staring through him.

Kiliban took off his helmet and sat next to Vivec, "I saw the wheel, and the tower." Kiliban changed one of his eyes to be blue like his father's, "I reached heaven through violence... You are not a god."

Vivec tilted his head back and laughed, intentionally loud as far as Kiliban could tell, "What is a god Indoril? The people love me, and I rule them as a god. My power-"

"Is mostly stolen." Kiliban said with a frown, "We are proof that we are real even if we exist only in the godhead. We can only conclude everyone else is real even if they don't know it. You needed the power of Lorkhan's heart, and now it is gone."

"And yet the Ministry of Truth is still floating above us." Vivec said with a grin.

"It is held aloft by the love of the Dunmer, you only know how to steal power. That is the act of mortals not a god. Even the Aedra can create their own miracles." Kiliban picked up his helmet and stood, putting it on. He picked up the lessons of Vivec and putting it back in his bag, "You have been a good teacher Vivec, even if you are a false god. Consider this my resignation" he said, turning his back on Vivec and striding back towards the door.

"The Ordinators will kill you if you do not leave your armor." Vivec said with a smirk.

"They can try." Kiliban said, leaving and closing the door behind him.

Last edited:
Reactions: foodforpigs
Ordinators waited for Kiliban once he left the temple, "We heard your conversation with Lord Vivec, you're under arrest for heresy." They wore the same golden armor as him, though he had white robes over his body and they did not. They had the spears that they were issued and he was unarmed.

"I will be leaving." Killiban announced, beginning to walk by them. He passed two of them before one of them took a jab at him with their golden spear. My hand is stronger than the blade. My hand is stronger than the blade. My hand is- Kiliban caught the blade of the spear. He looked to the Ordinator, they had all trained their whole lives with the spear and blade, and he caught it.

Kiliban snapped the spear and threw away the blade, "I said, I will be leaving." Kiliban said. Ordinators descended on him, stabbing at him repeatedly with spears that were snapped upon contact with him. He moved between the blades, watching as they fell and crushing them with his fingers till they were blunt. Once the blades were all disposed of, he shoved past them until they found that they no longer had spears to use. They drew maces and pursued him.

Kiliban leapt up in the air, soaring over the heads of the guards and flying down the steps of the temple. Moon and Star would be back soon, and he would have to deal with Vivec himself. Kiliban had to deal with the next Prisoner, one that he hopefully had the time to prepare and meet. He walked to a silt strider and paid for a ride to Seyda Neen. He would be going to Cyrodiil from there.

Last edited: