Comic Books

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Orochi, Aug 18, 2009.

1. COMIC BOOKS, MOTHERFUCKERS. DO YOU READ THEM?

2. F*** Yes. Extinction Agenda: Best X-men Sub series Ever.

Wolverines EPIC battle With Magneto, Omega Red and Sabertooth

When Carnage graced the Pages of Amazing Spider man....MAXIMUM CARNAGE

Old school Marvel; Cloak and dagger = Awesomeness as well as Nomad.

These are some of my favorite Moments in comic history. I have a closet Full of marvel mostly but I also have some Image (Spawn mostly) and a few DC.

3. STILL NEED TO CATCH UP ON MY GL STUFF, FROM SINSTRO WARS ON.

4. Marvel has been very lolwut recently, it's mix of love, hate and arousal.

STOP BEING SO SLOW, JINX. BLACKEST NIGHT! FUCK YEAR!

5. JINX IS A LITTLE BITCH. COMICS ARE FOR FAGS.

6. [​IMG]

If Raz was still around, he'd be raging so hard right now. But then again, there's a good chance Cassandra Cain will be the new Nightwing. YES PLZ.

7. I read a lot of comics, actually...FOR YEARS, SINCE I WAS A WEE-AMP. Except for Spiderman, unless someone insists on it. The major ones I've kept up on are...

*X-Men - (almost)All Arcs and Spin-Offs except YOUNG

*Thor

*Batman - missed some of this way back too, but catching up

*Witchblade

*The Darkness

*Tomb Raider

*Punisher - Off and on

*Deadpool

*Ghost Rider

*Avengers - off and on

*Miss Marvel - off and on...

*FJKDLA;JDSHFUWEAJD;SFFJKL;FDANOWEMMINDWENTBLANK

Plus like the occasional graphic novel. Not manga ._.

I have a large collection of comics...Those are like the more mainstream ones I read, I guess.

8. You know what is a bitch to collect? The Tales from the Crypt Anthology things. I found one at a Barnes and Noble, but at the time I was broke as hell. So, waiting a bit until I could spare throwing 30 or so bucks on the thing only to find that that shit is sold out and NO ONE IS SELLING IT ANYWHERE... FFFFF, NOW I HAVE TO GO BUY AT AN ONLINE PLACE. THE OUTRAGE! THE INTERNET IS NOT FOR BUYING THINGS! IT'S FOR DOWNLOADING ILLEGAL COPIES FOR FREE!

9. It's spelled spiderHYPHENman! FFFFFFFFFFFFFF AMP MAKES ME RAEG!

And that's the only Marvel title I've read continuously aside from the X-books.

10. (Original Poster: Quiet One)

"This isn't exactly the smartest move," Annabelle noted as they inched towards the darker end of the cave. The crawling monsters were closing in from odd angles. "We need a way out after we do what we came here to."

"Working on it..." Taka muttered back. The one working its way around the roof of the cave turned its head 180° around, like an owl but far more disturbing. The sticky fibers that clung to its body made long web trails wherever it crawled. Now that his eyes were firmly aimed upward Taka could see how the ceiling of their trap was covered with them.

What kept them up there? Then the Nightcrawler shifted positions and Taka saw it. As it placed its hand on a clear patch of stone, webbing formed. So the secret was the hands.

His hands moved quicker than most people's eyes could follow as he switched his bullet clip with a load of blanks. He shuffled in the breast pocket of his suit as he stepped further back with the others.

"What are you doing?" Annabelle asked.

"When we thought we were dealing with the supernatural I decided to bring some insurance," he replied. He pulled out three long glass stakes held between his fingers. "Holy water."

"These things aren't demons. It won't work."

"It will if I aim in the right place..." Taka stuck the first glass spear into the barrel of his gun and pointed it up at the roof-bound monster. The creature snarled and advanced on them. "I hope their webs are like spider's."

He fired. The holy water spear shot not at the monster, but at the ceiling. Crossfire's gamble paid off, as the moisture from the consecrated rounds ruined the adhesion. The creature fell to the ground with a sickening thud, but it wasn't dead, righting itself with an angry roar. Taka reloaded in an instant and shot the other one off the ceiling.

Now on ground level, it was time to switch back to live ammo. He just got the clip in when the first one he'd dropped rushed him. Taka leapt up and kicked him back with both feet, landing on his back and shooting off two rounds. He didn't hit the body, but instead shot right through the hands, and as the Nightcrawler tried to clamber after him his hands caught onto the stalagmites and held him in place. The more it struggled the more webbing it seemed to create, trapping itself more.

The other was upon him. Thankfully, Hayato had caught on to his plan and pushed the second monster back, spearing its hand to the cavern wall. When he pulled away a mass of thread shot around and entrapped it. The creature tried pulling its hand free and Taka shot the other hand. Now they were both firmly held in place.

"How long do you think that'll hold them?" Hayato asked.

Taka watched them struggle, only succeeding in entangling themselves more. "Long enough. Let's keep moving."

"What are they?" Annabelle asked as the brothers headed back towards the entrance to the next circle of this little hell.

"Offspring."

"Off - Aniki, how does a creature without a physical form...you know?" his little brother asked.

Taka smirked. "I thought you were too old for me to have to explain the birds and the bees to you."

11. Orochi. Did you see Green Lantern: First Flight? Are you going to see Superman/Batman: Public Enemies? You should. The dream team voice cast is back--Tim Daly (Superman) and Kevin "God" Conroy (Batman) are back. Much win.

12. Is this going to be set in the old WB "Justice League" universe? I kinda liked that universe for it's GRIMDARK4KIDZ Batman Beyond and the whole WTFNESS of INNER CITY YOUTH(MINORITIES) super heroes of Static Shock .

13. First flight was ok, but we found it too watered down to attract new viewers. Definitely gonna catch Public Enemies, fuck year Daly and Conrooooy!

RAAAAAZ!

THEY MADE SPOILER THE NEW BATGIRL FFFFUUUUUUUUUU~

14. How