Come all Ye adventurers: A High-fantasy adventurer's story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I should mention as I haven't RPed with anyone here before, my hours are...odd I work third shift so most of my posts will be after five am until 2 pm (Central time) unless it's my days off so just a heads up.

Well, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'll be explaining why more later, but we'll be doing a weekly 'round' system.

also interested.

there aren't many role-plays like this anymore.

DAMN IT why do I always get to these damn rps at the cap?

DAMN IT why do I always get to these damn rps at the cap?
You're fine, he said it wasn't a first come first served style thing, and there's always the distinct possibility that some of the people who expressed interest will never post a character. That sort of thing almost always happens. :P

You're fine, he said it wasn't a first come first served style thing, and there's always the distinct possibility that some of the people who expressed interest will never post a character. That sort of thing almost always happens. :P
Oh thank god

And my laser-Chainsaw-railgun!

Reactions: Dakota K5
Gonna drop my interest here as well. How fantastic and overthetop will this RP be? Will we be able to suplex ghost trains at any point in the story?

Gonna drop my interest here as well. How fantastic and overthetop will this RP be? Will we be able to suplex ghost trains at any point in the story?
I mean, if you are talking about tone; you won't be suplexing trains or the like any time soon. The roleplay's tone will be more serious than that, with a focus on decisions and growth and the way in which characters can and will be forced to change.

As for power level, your characters will start off relatively weak; but will have the opportunity to grow quickly enough, assuming they survive.

I mean, if you are talking about tone; you won't be suplexing trains or the like any time soon. The roleplay's tone will be more serious than that, with a focus on decisions and growth and the way in which characters can and will be forced to change.

As for power level, your characters will start off relatively weak; but will have the opportunity to grow quickly enough, assuming they survive.
Queesttioonnn.
Will other species than humans be allowed? (NOT ANIMALS AHHH more like humanoids)

I can confirm other races exist. I only know for sure orcs do (because I specifically asked about them earlier) but it's probably safe to assume standard faire like elves and dwarves will make an appearance.

What about floating sentient jellyfish? I've wanted to play a floating sentient jellyfish for ages.

SELKIE
SELKIE
SELKIE
I WANNA PLAAYYY A SELKIE
SHIT TACOS
THEY'RE SO COOL MAN.

Pretty sure Selkies are Seal-Eskimos, aren't they? Doesn't sound very cool to me.

A selkie is essentially a seal that can come ashore as a human (usually a woman) by shedding their coat. However they require this coat to return to their true form and the sea. It's actually a creature from Celtic mythology, rather than Inuit.

Reactions: LVL1337N00B
Reason I say Eskimo is cos I reckon that's where the idea of Selkies came from. Celts floating around in their boats, see a shape dressed in seal skin. It takes the seal skin off and underneath is a human. Makes sense that that'd get twisted into a folk tale over time, especially when only the seafaring folk may ever have actually seen an Eskimo.

Status
Not open for further replies.