Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
dad said:
To take a round in the living room is like a trip through the country. To go out in the backyard is like going abroad.

- Very depressing, but thanks for trying to cheer me up.

I'm being (a little) dramatic, obviously. Humour me.

You probably already heard of this awful thing going around infecting a bunch of people and yada. I'm not here for that. I'm going to talk about the sudden amount of extra time I have on hands since I'm not allowed to go out.

ANYWAY! What do you do to combat your boredom? That if you are being confined to the four walls of your home. Do you go on an explosive sprint of writing? Spend time with all of your neglected hobbies? Or will you play games online and chat with friends long thought lost?

After cleaning everything in the house (doorknobs and light switches included) I have been doing all of above, or trying to. This is just another excuse to try and pass the time.

sometimes I just ride the wave of my boredom and listen to some good music.

some good sites for classic board games are (first site also has Hearts Solitaire Spades FreeCell Cribbage Yahtzee Gin Rummy)

I also like to read random SCP articles. SCP Foundation
Currently also trying to build a MTG EDH deck, which is a pretty good time sink.

• Thank You
Reactions: Nemopedia
I am that severe introvert who is always at home and never goes anywhere, so this hasn't affected my daily life at all. O:

What I do is:

Work on projects (be they sites, writing, etc) It's basically my day job, cause I'll be stashing away writing prompts, working on articles, collecting data or doing research etc, etc. I should also be doing community building work where I chat with people etc, but that's been harder for me in the past year or so. O:

Crazy Obsessed person clean a thing (where you DEEP CLEAN even the crevices and random stuff no one thinks about like base boards and air vents and door frames and light switches)

I'll play one of my games (and if I am in one of those obsessive zones that'll take up hours and weeks and months)

I like to make MUSIC PLAYLISTS too! Sometimes for plots, sometimes for characters, sometimes it's just a mood or theme. I have some on youtube and on spotify.

I also really like to make pinboards on pinterest or outfits on fashmates for moods, characters, etc cause it's a fun way to have a visual reference or inspiration for things.

Reading, reading, reading, reading, reading. I don't read nearly as much as I want to cause I tend to fill up my time so much with the above things, but I could just sit and read books for the rest of my life if I ever got trapped without internet.

I also binge watch TV O:

• Thank You
I like staying in, so that gives me more time to play games, write, and read books. Ez.

But the weather's been nice, so I really want to go out...

• Thank You
Two words: One Piece
The manga took me two months to read, but the anime is taking much longer. Mainly because I stop watching it for months at a time, but I am back on the binge. It is the one anime I don't have to pay attention to the subtitles for because I already know what is going on thanks to the mange.

Other than that, taking walks in the national park where I live is a good way to pass the time. Except for the fact that it snowed yesterday. Thank you Mother Nature for that wonderful April Fools joke.

• Thank You
I suggest a strong right hook.

Other than that, exercise. It's about the only thing I have available to me, and I'm going to look like Hercules soon if this doesn't let up. The rest of the day, I read, talk, and play games. And eat, but I wouldn't recommend that for combatting boredom.

• Haha
I'm trying to learn the guitar, arguably the hardest instrument to learn and play besides the saxophone, but sax is in a league of its own ya know.

I water my plants, stretch, do yoga, meditate, go for walks, read, listen to music and write everyday when I'm not stuck on Pinterest or Twitter or watching achievement hunter on YouTube. I also do all the cooking and cleaning in my household too for the most part.

• Thank You