Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
So, uh, I've always entered iwaku through 'iwakuroleplay.net'. Today, though, I mistakenly wrote iwakuroleplay.com, and that got me to Iwaku, for sure, but my account is not logged on there (and there doesn't seem to have an option to login either), while if I enter .net I am logged in, at the same time. What is this? Are both of those Iwaku? Why, then, am I logged on one and not in the other? I also know the Iwaku tab always says 'IwakuRoleplay.com' though.

Well, by following the link in the email that notified me of this thread's existence, I was sent to "iwakuroleplay.com"

Not sure if that's what I used to type in back when I was a regular user here, though. It's been a while and those memories aren't super clear.

But I'm gonna dig through my bookmarks to see if I have any old Iwaku links and check what the domain name is. This mystery intrigues me.

Edit: I just tried visiting "iwakuroleplay.net" and my browser says it's "not secure", whereas here on .com I have the little lock icon that I'm pretty sure means secure. Mayhaps it is safer to use the .com version from now on. 🤔

Edit2: My browser history doesn't go back far enough to when I was really active here. Darn.

Well, by following the link in the email that notified me of this thread's existence, I was sent to "iwakuroleplay.com"

Not sure if that's what I used to type in back when I was a regular user here, though. It's been a while and those memories aren't super clear.

But I'm gonna dig through my bookmarks to see if I have any old Iwaku links and check what the domain name is. This mystery intrigues me.

Edit: I just tried visiting "iwakuroleplay.net" and my browser says it's "not secure", whereas here on .com I have the little lock icon that I'm pretty sure means secure. Mayhaps it is safer to use the .com version from now on. 🤔

Edit2: My browser history doesn't go back far enough to when I was really active here. Darn.
Sure enough, when you search Iwaku on google, it's .com the first thing that gets you here. But, somehow, I'd been using .net all this time. I wonder what is happening tbh. It does have the 'https' and the browser says 'Connection secure', so I'm confused haha.

.com is our original domain and has our security thing that says we're official and legit. 8D .net is also owned by us, but we don't have the security ticket on it. It's totally okay to use .net because it's still sending you straight to regular iwaku, it's just a redirect url. It's better to use .com though cause that's the *actual* url the site runs on.

Reactions: affection
.com is our original domain and has our security thing that says we're official and legit. 8D .net is also owned by us, but we don't have the security ticket on it. It's totally okay to use .net because it's still sending you straight to regular iwaku, it's just a redirect url. It's better to use .com though cause that's the *actual* url the site runs on.
It would make sense for it to be a re-direct. But it is just a mystery to me how I wasn't logged in on .com but was on .net at the same time. Anyways, I'll be using .com from now on just in case. Thanks.

I can tell you why you weren't logged in. .net is a different domain. The site uses cookies to determine if you're logged in or not. If you orignially logged on on the .net site, switching to .com means the cookies aren't valid for the .com address.

Source: Web developer here, I play with this sort of thing just about every day. :)