Colouring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love colouring *^*

The way printing works in my university has only enabled this obsession; you don't pay per print here, you just provide your own paper. I need to do very little printing for classes because 99% of it is online, but I do need to do some, and the cheapest paper comes in a huge pack.

Result: I have a lot of printer paper and very little printing to do.

COLOURING.

I love abstract pages, and ones with lots of detail. I like motivational ones too with colour-in phrases like "don't forget to be awesome", etc.

I find it's great stress-relief as well as just fun and a good creative outlet

what about you guys? Are you also adult/teenage colourers? What are your thoughts/feelings on it?
I actually read some where that colouring produces the same effect of meditation, and can even make you hallucinate if done long enough. BEST. THING. EVER.

Oh yeah, and I like more abstract/detailed artwork to color myself. Oh and I love love love coloring with bright colored sharpies....its a trip. :D

What program do you use and how do you do it? ;-;
Paint Tool SAI ^^ I just look at the SAI tutorials on dA and work through trial and error

There's a paid version and a free version, and since I have no money I use the free one lol

I don't even know how the eyes got all weird in that piece I shared lol I haven't colored in months

Paint Tool SAI ^^ I just look at the SAI tutorials on dA and work through trial and error

There's a paid version and a free version, and since I have no money I use the free one lol

I don't even know how the eyes got all weird in that piece I shared lol I haven't colored in months
I own the pirated version, but like, when ever i use it the brush strokes are weird and way to big. ;-;

Dang... Completely ignored. XD

I own the pirated version, but like, when ever i use it the brush strokes are weird and way to big. ;-;
Are you using a tablet or mouse?

What kind of tablet if you use one?

Tablet ^^
when ever i use it the brush strokes are weird and way to big. ;-;
I use Manga Studio 5 EX, but from what I understand, SAI and MS 5 are the same program but with different layouts.

If you brush strokes are messed up, you should try to reinstall the drivers for your tablet, which is something that I have to do on occasion.

You also might need to make sure that your tablet is compatible with SAI, otherwise the pressure sensitivity on the tablet may be faulty or not even work at all.

And I don't know if SAI has this feature with each of its tools or not, but on MS 5, you can change the stability of the tool, which makes what you do more realistic to how it feels on paper.

Hopefully that helps!

• Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray
Dang... Completely ignored. XD
Sorry XD if it's ok with you I'd gladly try coloring your work if I have the time

XP I'm not that great though since I just dabble in art and coloring

O_O Where did you download your version from? I don't think I ever had that problem

I use Manga Studio 5 EX, but from what I understand, SAI and MS 5 are the same program but with different layouts.

If you brush strokes are messed up, you should try to reinstall the drivers for your tablet, which is something that I have to do on occasion.

You also might need to make sure that your tablet is compatible with SAI, otherwise the pressure sensitivity on the tablet may be faulty or not even work at all.

And I don't know if SAI has this feature with each of its tools or not, but on MS 5, you can change the stability of the tool, which makes what you do more realistic to how it feels on paper.

Hopefully that helps!
I don't have a drawing tablet so I make do with my touchscreen laptop and a mouse ; ;

Sorry XD if it's ok with you I'd gladly try coloring your work if I have the time

XP I'm not that great though since I just dabble in art and coloring
I wonder if I even have any posted. Well, it wouldn't be a problem, I have everything saved layer by layer, so the lineart is always separate.

And no worries, I get a little sensitive sometimes for no reason. xD

I don't have a drawing tablet so I make do with my touchscreen laptop and a mouse ; ;
And it is entirely possible to do. It just takes more time and dedication. I make my living off of drawing, so I have to be able to do it as fast as possible. Lol

Reactions: Hana
When I was in high school, my Anatomy teacher would always give out color sheets that we would color at the start of every new chapter. Granted, it was for a grade, but it was relaxing.

I haven't really dabbled with coloring since then, but the experience was fun and relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.