Colour Guide!

Which style do you use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new update live—and an additional fifth background colour—I'm planning a big update to my colour guide. Notably, I'll be featuring more colours than before, and I've determined the reason for the coding malfunction. (I actually figured out how to fix it a while ago, but wanted to wait till I had something new before touching up on it.)

It'll probably take me at least a week to get it running though—I've got a spreadsheet developed to speed up the process. Unfortunately, I still have to visually check each colour myself, because I haven't found a reliable formula to do the work for me yet.

Do you need help color checking on the backgrounds and styles?

Do you need help color checking on the backgrounds and styles?
I should be alright—I have all the tools in place, it's just a matter of scrolling through several thousand colours and judging them. It's not hard to do, I just take regular breaks because consistency starts to drop after a few hours.

That being said, I'm not averse to a second opinion—my eyesight is quite good, which can be a detriment to this sort of guide. For anyone interested, here's what I'm working with. The spreadsheet itself should be ready for service tomorrow, and I can easily modify to allow for outside input. I just wouldn't want to dump this sort of task on anyone who isn't really into it.

Holmishire, I am a colour lover. This would really help my formatting once it is finished so I want to help. :) I can't wait to see your spreadsheet!

• Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
@WhisperingWillows, the spreadsheet is ready for service.

Colour Guide Spreadsheet

To protect it from vandalism, there are only five columns open to editing—the only five columns that are really needed! When an 'x' is entered into any of columns I, K, M, O, or Q, column R will return a FAIL. At the top of said column is a total of colours that pass—so far.

I recommend using the Brightness filter I've already set up, and working through a single column at a time. To save your place, simply add a comment with something like "Holmishire's bookmark". I would advise against removing a mark, but for any colour that is either illegible or painful, mark away!

I'll probably start putting some hours in tomorrow. Once all the colours have been evaluated, all that's left is rebuilding the formatting sheet into the appropriate BBCode, which probably won't take me long.

Note: Doesn't read the 'k' column.

EDIT: Not that it matters. I can just throw the X in another column

EDIT2: Don't worry guys, I gave #BAE a pass

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
Status
Not open for further replies.