Player Red
Player Yellow
Player Green
Player Blue
Player Purple
Player Pink
Player White

Only one color wins.

Colorfully digitized, seven selected only know of "The Game".

Lose a level, lose a life.
You only get so many lives.
Winner escapes the game.
Contact with the Glitch equals instant deletion.

Select your color

So its along the lines of being stuck in the game? Or is this something else?

Pretty mysterious...
Blue Ranger? Can I be the Blue Ranger?

Pretty mysterious...
Blue Ranger? Can I be the Blue Ranger?
It is, but I am all for some suck in a VR trope. I would just like some more info XD

I have to be green ranger. ha

I think the most I'd want to know is any info that'd benefit making a character. I've always liked the premise of totally upending a person where they both have to piece together their situation and prioritize escape/survival. Now I'm reminded of, like, Cube...

Oh, hello :) Yes, so basically the characters are trapped in a game-like virtual reality. They only really know that they are existing in this game and they have to win in order to not be erased.

The colors granted from special color codes, gives them that color's energy. However, a character must boost his/her code each level to obtain and enhance the color's power. These powers allow them to defend themselves and help them survive through the levels.

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Oh, hello :) Yes, so basically the characters are trapped in a game-like virtual reality. They only really know that they are existing in this game and they have to win in order to not be erased.

The colors granted from special color codes, gives them that color's energy. However, a character must boost his/her code each level to obtain and enhance the color's power. These powers allow them to defend themselves and help them survive through the levels.
Interesting

Uh oh, powers! Are they pre-genned based on what color we pick?

Powers would make this less psych-horror-y than I first thought, though I'm sure there might be some elements -- more a straight-up battle royale thing. I'm still interested either way; I like playing with superpowers.

The color powers are like heat or electrical photon light energy. They are the color of the player. They can manifest in the form of auras, beams, blasts, waves, shocks, or molded into weapons such as energy boomerangs/swords or arrows and what not.

These powers are only short-lasting and fairly low powered unless/until they are boosted, reloaded, or preserved by power-ups :) The power-ups are not so easily accessible and are usually hidden or guarded within the levels. So survival remains the primary focus mostly.

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Different than what I expected! Sorry, whenever I hear "powers" I'm trained to think combat, aha. The limitations and emphasis on survival is a really interesting slant. I like how the powers are streamlined too, makes me anticipate how different players will interpret them.

Reactions: True North