Colony 361

• Thread starter sincere_and_silent
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentar and Neera got notifications on their Mopaks that the "Traversity" was nearing Toma station. Gentar grabbed the books he was given and left the seminar, he had learned quite a bit but still had some questions that he would look up in these books. After taking another trip up the conveyor he headed toward the docking station. He looked around but found Neera nowhere to be found. Eventually, Neera came around the corner in a cart hauling all kinds of goods. "What's this about?" Gentar asked. "You wouldn't believe the deals I got off of these aliens, I got several high quality dresses for only a hand full of emeralds, and I got you something special too." Neera dug into one of the bags and grabbed a small red oblong object "It's a human Swiss Army knife, It's supposed to be highly useful" Gentar took the knife and flipped through the various tools, not knowing half of them. "Thanks, Noola" he said in appreciation. A team of Toko Yon came carrying Neera and Gentar's luggage, as well as collecting the merchandise that Neera had bought. They stood by waiting for the ship to arrive.

(Psioni spaceport control)
"This is Toma station hailing Traversity to colony 361, do you read Traversity? Over."

Last edited:
In quick succession, he had received two transmissions. To Zed's response to the first, Trent agreed as he had left to open the cargo bay for their newcomer's ship. For the second one, he pushed a button, causing a little static to shoot from speakers in front of him. The static cleared and Trent answered.

"This is Traversity. What can I do for you? Over." Once the newcomer landed, they would be there soon.

((sorry for weak post, we all have these days))

"Traversity, you are to dock at platform 376.... Traversity, are you aware of an unidentified ship in your cargo hold?" The traffic controller flipped a switch and a security team started to head to the docking platform. "We are also detecting a highly encrypted signal transmitting from your ship's outer hull. Over"

Last edited:
Ghriin made for the cargo bay to land her ship. There was sufficient room on one side of the bay for her Zipper to land. As she landed, she noticed that she didn't see Trent anywhere. Perhaps he was dealing with other matters. Human ships were not Ghriin's specialty. She'd have to get used to the corridors and whatnot on this adventure. As her ship touched down, she withdrew the small blade which functioned as a key from the associated slot. She looked behind her to make sure her cargo was secured, grabbed a sealed suit from her own cargo bay before she left to close the cargo bay doors, and then stepped out of the Zipper.

The human ship was quite large. She noticed a switchboard for the cargo bay doors and made for it. Gravity was low, since the room was open to the vacuum of space. Not to mention, she wasn't used to sealed suits. She normally boarded ships forcefully, by having her own ship make a breach in the hull and sealing it off so she could go through. Emergencies never really occurred, though she was stranded a time or two. Luckily, Xeno Sapiens found her and helped her. Ghriin flipped the switch and moved back to watch the doors close. As they shut, suddenly, she felt heavier - still lighter than on her home planet. She gave the room a few seconds to take air from the Life Support systems before removing her helmet and inhaling.

The Life Support was no doubt quite powerful, to form a cocktail of breathable air for all the species which may be on board. A special blend. Probably high oxygen, as Ghriin felt very energetic in this environment, since her species breathes oxygen anyway. Noting that, Ghriin left the cargo bay into the hall to find a man in armor holding a bottle. "Oh, hello," she said, making sure to close her mouth quickly. This guy was definitely a mercenary of some sort. PRobably loud. Roudy. Probably not very kind towards non-humans. If he didn't notice her mouth, her gums, her tongue, anything, she'd be fine, but who knows, maybe Trent already told him. "I'm Jerine Avarica. Are you the Security Officer? I'll be handling Requisitions, and maybe I'll help you on your patrols every once in awhile. You need any good guns, you can come talk to me. Not to imply that yours aren't good, of course, Big Iron."

And from then on, Ghriin decided that the mercenary man's nickname was Big Iron, as he was always openly armed, with a quote unquote "Big Iron on his hip."

"Weelcome to have you aboard. You can call me Zeed." He took a while trying to pronounce his name properly, but still failing to do so. He let out an angry grunt, "You know." He said pointing to the large "Z" mark on his right side pauldron. "Anyway, I would be happy to to busineess with you, as long as you don't oveer charge me. Here, have something to drink, you must be thirsty." He said , handing the woman the soda.

X finally managed to talk Zale into leaving the room. The long haired codeling skipped along the corridor, heading out to the commons. She wanted tto look out the big window again. The girl hummed under her breath as she ducked into the room, making a beeline for the window. She came to a stope in front of it, folding her hands behind her back as she stared out of it. Zale prowled up beside her before he sat on his haunches. Really, he didn't understand why his charge had to come on this voyage. He really didn't They'd be safer tucked away somewhere, perferrably on his own home planet in the middle of his family compound. The alien snorted. He'd love too see a bounty hunter get past his pack. He was in a military family, most all the males, and a good chunk fo the females had all gone through the acadamy much like himself.

"Hey Zale?" X began, pulling the black beast from his thoughts.

"hm?"

"What am I supposed to be doing?" SHe asked, pale blue eyes glanced over at him. He swished his tale. Great, X was getting bored already.

"We could ask the captain if he had a specific position for you in mind when he let us sign on." The four legged being suggested, looking away for a moment as his eyes caught a certain constillation. X, not waiting for her companion to finish, turned, looekd around then made a beeline for Trent. "-But he's probably busy now, best to wait until he comes through." Zale finished before he turned to look back at X, only to find empty space next to him. "...X?" Zale sprung to his feet before he paused, then took off back down the corriodor, hoping the girl had gone exploring.

X, without even thinking bout knocking pushed the door open and walked in to join the captain. FOr a moment, she stared out at space, however, this only kept her attetion for so long. She walked up and tapped the captain's shoulder.

"What am I supposed to be doing?" She asked without preamble, head tilting and braids following the movememnt. She barely bit her tonguge from tacking an "I'm bored" onto her words. Zale had at least tried to teach ehr how to be polite after all.

Ghriin smiled and took the bottle. Humans were good at one thing - sweets. Confection, carbonated drink, whatever, they knew how to make it sweet. "I thank you. And I'm familiar enough with the British dialect of English to know that it's pronounced Zed, so don't harp on yourself. Your accent is quite charming." She smiled and twisted the top off, then took a swig. Lime. She'd tasted a raw lime before, and it was quite sour. The flavor was distracted by the carbonation, which pricked at her tongue noisily. She loved the feeling. It was certainly tastier than the lime itself. "Mm - Mercy, friend, thank you." Ghriin looked about and decided she'd need a guide. "Hey, I need a guide around the ship. On top of that, I can't exactly go sleeping in my Zipper, save for in emergencies. Mind showing a girl her way around, Zed?"

Corbo strolled into the kitchen, his gold plated boots clanking over the tiled floor when he was suddenly hit by the omnium gatherum of tantalizing scents which lingered about. He paused and closed his eyes, absorbing them through his nose. Although raised on fruits and vegetation for spiritual reasons, the vegan bushman could appreciate the wonderful smells of cooked food. In fact, he appreciated them enough to learn a little bit about the culinary arts after leaving the tropical rainforest settelments of Earth's southern hemisphere nearly ten years before.

A short message over the public announcement system had brought his brief moment of bliss to an abrupt end. Shrugging, he suantered on. Nobody had noticed him slipping into the cargo bay at the previous stop, but that did not seem to matter as he'd made prearrangements with the ship's captain, Trent. He wondered about the rest of the people on board. What new races, creatures and critters he'd encounter. What languages and cultures he'd possibly learn. The thoughts formed another smile on his face. At any rate, he'd decided to board the Traversity in order to quench his seemingly insatiable for knowledge and adventure. Yet by being a nature nurtured individual, he felt he'd be able to serve the crew as a sort of field guide in wooded terrain, or as their naturopathic medicine man, in return, should the need for either arise.

Passing through an automated door, Corbo came upon a wide corridoor. Hmm ... Turning to his right, he clanked onward, following the passageway until he found what he believed to be the living quarters. All this walking, and not a single soul yet. A small chuckle escaped him. The rooms appeared to be occupied so he continued on to the next set, where he found one vacant, B4. The only things he'd brought with him there were his clothes and his boots. He'd left his modified djed pillar and the heavy golden shield he'd inherited back at the cargo bay, locked in a chest. there was no need to bring them along and cause any unnecessary disturbance to the peace onboard, anyway. Standing at the door, he took a moment to familiarize himself with the interior layout of his sleeping quarters. A small dresser against the wall between his room and B5. A bed to the right of the dresser. The floor was carpeted. A smile tugged at the corner of his lips; His new home was plain, but satisfactory nonetheless. Another announcement over the PA system came and Corbo took a deep breath then stepped in, allowing himself to fall back on to the bed and doze off.

[Writer's block is a bitch sometimes. Sorry for the hard-to-work-with post, guys. I'll bring Corbo out for some interactions in my next one.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentar and Neera were surprised, both by the security teams huddling around the area and of the rather out of place human. Gentar and Neera thought they were the only ones boarding the Traversity but apparently not. What stood out most about the man was both his primitive clothing and the excess gold he brandished. What a waste of gold, Gentar thought. Klikchek was curious of the human and crawled off of Neera's back and up to the human. Klikchek trilled and clicked at Corbo, raising its claws above its body. Neera rushed to collect Klikchek "Sorry, forgive him, he has never seen many humans before, especially one of your... looks" Gentar came up to the situation "Yes, please excuse us... I assume that you too are joining us on the Traversity, I am Dr. Gentar Silari, and this is my wife Neera, and our pet Klikchek. May I ask how you came to Toma station" Gentar was curious because he had never seen a primitive human and wondered how exactly he got into Psioni space in the first place, It wasn't common for humans to come here, let alone someone such as this man, and Earth was a long way from here.

Last edited:
A smile came across his face, but it was hidden underneath his helmet. "Sure." He began to walk down the halls showing her around the place. Tellng her what he knew about each stop. He stopped at the rooms. "One of these should be opeen to you. So, I'll umm, leave you it theen."

(Sorry for such a short post. Just one of those days.)

Zaigou had a great number of things he had to do while the crew had been docked in the black market. His room had been completely redesigned, refitted, and made to be much more comfortable. He hadn't had the time to confer his position as Captain due to the Sorian arrival, but at least he was organised and set up. They'd made the trip pretty quick, and were now headed off to another place. He didn't know much about it, which wasn't to say he didn't know much about the place, but that he didn't know where they were headed. He'd had his head in other places.

He also noted that there were a few 'Codelings' aboard, and so he packed a little something extra as a safety precaution. A Couple of heavy duty magnets. He didn't know if they would work on them or not, but given what they were, it made sense that a magnet would mess them up. He kept them in his dresser along side some of his documents.

Eventually, he decided he needed to meet the rest of the crew, and made his way out of his room and into the common room.

Ghriin paid Zed the attention he deserved, listening closely to what he had to say about the area. She obtained an understanding of the area's layout and quickly committed it to memory. She peaked in the rooms to see which ones were occupied before making her choice. "This'll do."

It was basically furnished, not bad, not lavish. It would do, and she would make do. She left for the Commons to become acquainted with the crew.

"This'll do"

Zed was both surprised, and not at the same time. He expected many on this ship to be rude, but it was just so sudden, and it felt as if the woman didn't even mean to do it. He shook it off and head to the main airlock. They were landing very soon and he needed to be there when the doors opened. He felt it was neccesary to keep their existance a secret, especially with the Sorians so close. He made his way through the commons, stopping for anyone who spoke directly to him, and then made his way to the airlock. He leaned against the wall just outside the door, arms crossed. he wondered for a moment what he was really doing. Was he keeping unwanted people from entering, or was he keeping people on this ship? After a moment of pondering he decided to do both. They were to be here only a moment. Any longer would be a hassel, and a danger to the crew.

He took a moment to think about the crew. He found it odd that a mission to save humanity was being crewed by so many aliens. Everything from insectoids, to that weird sencient dog thing he had seen prowling the halls with a girl. It was odd, and he didn't like it. Too animal-like. He couldn't believe the thing could be very intelligent, maybe more than a dog, but surely no master of learning, or at the very least arcitecture.How would that work? How did they find a way to build things? They didn't have apposable thumbs!

"Traversity, your permission to dock has been revoked for the time being, The Unidentified ship in your cargo bay is of Xeno sapien Origin, and the transmitter on your hull has been identified as a Sorian Tracking device. Traversity, please respond" the traffic controller continued. Psioni military ships began assembling near the docking platform.

Ghriin was not familiar with Psioni being hostile towards the Andha'Sisha. She had to find Trent and ask for permission to open private comms with them. She expected neutrality at the worst, but this feels too hostile. Ghriin ran out of her quarters on the wings of urgency, headed towards the Captain's Cabin.

"Captain!" she shouted down the hall as the room came in sight. "Requests to open private communications with the Psioni!"

Walking down the hall the kids faces that of which seemed to be scolded, well now they can't bother anyone or risk the chance of being dropped off on the nearest planet. " Maybe we should go sit in our room " " who's that? " Heinz pointed to Ghriin running by and down the way. The boys shrugged their shoulders and kept walking, Jessibel was hanging on Markovs back pretty much asleep. " Is she drooling on me? cause if she is i will have to hurt her " " no shes not drooling, stop being such a drama queen " " if this girl wasn't on my back i would mess you up so bad " " o yeah?! wait until we get to the room brother, im going to mess you up! " the boys looked at each other and laughed. Making a wrong turn they ended up heading toward the kitchen. Stopping they turned around looking around, and began wandering " You know she is getting heavy " " here let me help " Heinz grabbed jessibels now dangling legs and put them in his arms, Markov brought her body around and placed it in his arms. Walking together they boys looked about while Jessibel was pretty much dead asleep in there arms.

"Ruined... all of it...." A man in a labcoat was seen, sinking to his knees in despair as he contemplated a grotesque mound of melted flesh, twisted legs, writhed in agony when death overcame the poor creature. His superior was overlooking, his expression was always impossible to read, his eyes had the same, cold glare it always had, "Tch. It was a minor experiment, you shouldn't feel so bad. In my opinion, you did quite well before the Tarrin barged in." His mind had already moved on, dreaming up more experiments, more work. Like clockwork, his mind worked in the same way. To the young man, it was horrifying, yet hypnotic, as if the man was a robot. Of course, he wasn't, but he had always thought so, his cold demeanor and his no-nonsense attitude had always grated a bit on his nerves. -Sigh- "I suppose your right, though, it was my first one... I at least wanted to see it develop more! It was so close to reproducing..." He glanced once more to the mound, a huge pair of jaws were the only things he recognized, everything else was melted down. To his right, his MemoryPad flickered between screens, able to record tons of information in a small space was invaluable to the young researcher. His concentration broke, as, once again, his superior berated him, "If you took the necessary precautions instead of trying to rush the experiment, nothing would have gone wrong." Sighing once more, in disappointment, he glanced over to the table, where his students MemoryPad was. Glancing at a small, text of data, his gaze narrowed. Without a word, he walked out of the laboratory. The student glanced up, confused, and followed him out.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Species Combination: Scorpion Hybrid Solifugid
Average Length: Two Ft. (Disregarding tail)
Average height: Six Inches
Changes made: Enhanced Chelicerae muscle strength over three times former strength, enhanced already strong jaw muscles. Tail made replicating scorpion, scorpion tail replicated: Transvaal thick-tail. Muscle augmentation.
Traits: Due to Transvaal scorpion, hybrid allowed to concentrate toxins in tail and unleash it in highly accurate spray. Transvaal toxins aimed at eyes.
Specimen age: 7 Months
Life Expectancy: 1 year.
Important note: Specimen expected to give birth in two minutes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The older scientist was back in the laboratory, this time with a different MemoryPad. The older scientist closed the MemoryPad, and looked back to his student. "Don't worry. You'll still get your grade... If you can tell me, what happens when a Tarrin imitates your.... specimen?" The younger scientist frowned, he didn't expect to be so randomly tested, "Sir, wouldn't the Tarrin just inherit the physical traits, as they often do? Or...." Closing his eyes, the scientist recalled the moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The scientists were both taking a break, one exhausted, the other talking, pointing out safety procedures the other should be following. The younger scientist smirked, and lazily waved his hand to the cage. The hybrid was in the center, chewing up a specimen that was still living in their present day, due to preservationists. The bear was only in there for two minutes, yet the hybrid was already halfway done with its meal. The younger scientist then looked back at his superior, and gestured at the bars securing the cage, "Don't worry, the thing cant chew through. I've already tested its maximum strength, and while it can, as you predicted, chew through steel, this material is very durable." The older scientist leaned forward, eyes narrowing, as they normally did, "The "material" you're talking about is infamous for not being tested yet. A simulation I ran showed that acid compounds would easily melt through. While the specimens toxins are not strong enough, I wish for you to consider it." The younger scientist smirked, his first experiment was such a success, he wasn't going to let his grim superior run down this day. Nothing could go wrong.
The two Tarrin wearily followed their son, the hyperactive slime screaming and crawling about everywhere. While normally they wouldn't stay this long, their ship needed repairs. For the time being, they would tour the city, pick up any supplies they needed, and be off. The mother, though weary, still managed a thin smile at her sons antics. While the son wasn't the smartest, his lack of intelligence was what enabled him to be captivated by such mundane things, such as shining grass... before he ate it. At the moment, Spriisyn was at his eating stage, and nothing was likely to break him out of it until they settled in their hotel. "And here," The tour guide was a bored looking Toko Yon, though his boredom was most likely due to the cold air. Being cold blooded, the reptilian tour guide most likely couldn't work up the usual charm and energy tour guides normally managed. "Is one of our many science facilities. As you can tell, this one isn't a very large one. Right now, Professor Endryth is tutoring a student of his about cross genetics. A mundane and simple subject, it would provide a good test. Now, follow me inside...." The Toko Yon immediately perked up as they entered the facility, the warm air a welcome change from the frigid air outside. Spriisyn was immediately captivated by the spider/scorpion thing that was busy consuming a bear. Its appetite seemed voracious to the other Tarrin, who noticed the speed of which the specimen was eating. Morphing to a human form in order to properly greet the researchers, the Tarrin walked up to them, striking a conversation while waiting for their ship repairs. It was in the middle of this conversation that they all heard a hissing noise. Turning, they all witnessed the act of Spriisyn devouring the specimen. Due to being in liquid form still, the specimen couldn't even bite the slime, instead only getting mouthfuls of viscous liquid as the thing struggled for survival. Eventually, Spriisyn managed to cover the specimen, digesting it even as it was struggling, its death throes becoming weaker and weaker. Spriisyn couldn't hear anything at the moment, he was in a moment of complete bliss. He couldn't hear his parents yelling, or the young scientist screaming, or the older scientist smirking. He could only feel the bliss and warm feeling of absorbing another creature, absorbing genetic DNA, learning everything about the creature.... if he was a normal Tarrin. Being mentally challenged, the only thing Spriisyn felt was joy.
"...Now that I think about it, the Tarrin wasn't completely "there" was he? Lets see.... Im pretty sure that you said that whenever a challenged Tarrin tried to morph into a creature, in addition to inheriting the physical traits, it would pick up its behavior when it did an incorrect split, right?" The older scientist, for the first time that day, nodded in approval, "Yes, that is what happens. Tarrins can split up to sixteen smaller morphs, however, I doubt the Tarrin that ate your specimen knows how to share a hive mind. This will result most likely in the other splits to inherit the traits and behavior of your specimen. For sake of simplicity, I will explain it in this way: They also emulate the behavior of the specimen." At this, the young scientist was confused, "Wait, what? What does that mean?" The older scientist frowned, "If you looked at your Memory Pad, you would have seen that the specimen was to give birth in two minutes."
To be honest, Spriisyn wasn't really eating the meals he was given, instead, he had been eating the interior decorations of his room. He had stockpiled all of the food he had supposedly eaten in the corner, just in case hunger struck. Happy and satisfied, Spriisyn started thinking of ways to entertain himself, as the others didn't make for good company. Deciding to create his own company, he split, making the split a specimen he had devoured a hundred years ago in order to play with him. He had forgotten to collectively split his mind as well, making the specimen feral. Horrified, Spriisyn learned his mistake too late, as the Tarrin-Specimen sprang... at the pile of food. Springing from the room, Spriisyn leapt out of his compartment, letting out a high-pitched shriek. If he had stayed behind, he would have seen the specimen laying thousands of eggs, the eggs hatching, and the young eating all of his stockpiled food, growing to their species size. The reason Spriisyn hadn't eaten it was to avoid a situation where he overate, as he felt that he should only eat what was necessary. Unfortunately, he had accidentally released thousands of Tarrin-Scorpion-Solifugid hybrids on board the ship. If the mentally challenged Slime had taken the time to count them, he would have realized he only created 15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zed waited for the ship to dock, but when enough time passed he realized something was not right. He began to casually make his way to the bridge. When he got there he saw the captain doing, whatever he was doing. Zed knew little about the inner-workings of a ship this size. He was about to ask the captain what was wrong when he heard the miserable shriek of a non-human beast. Concerned, he began running to the source of the sound. As he got closer he saw a mass of slime screech down the hall, no doubt the source of the horrid sound. He moved passed, as he knew that this, thing, was part of the crew, and went to see what the problem was.

He came into the room to see the disgusting form of several hideous spider-like creatures, and watched as they ate food in the corner like ravenous dogs. He reached for his handgun and drew it from its holster. He took aim at the closest of the beasts and let two rounds fly in rapid succession. The heavy, depleted uranium rounds struck their targets with a slow, yet heavy punch, knocking the creature over on its side. The insides of the creature spilled on the ground, leaving a nasty little puddle of goo. The other creatures took notice of this and turned to face him, and they seemed none to pleased. They began scurrying at him at a frightening pace. He let several more rounds blast out of his artifact of a firearm. The sounds of the shots reverberated through the halls of the ship, no doubt alerting the rest of the crew. He counted as he put round after round into the small hoard of beasts, shooting two more of the creatures. Two shots a piece. He released the magazine from the gun, it fell empty onto the floor. At the same time he reached for a fresh round from his belt and fed it into the handgun. The creatures were closer now. He emptied the eight rounds in the gun into four of the creatures. The hideous creations now almost at his feet. He dropped his gun and his now free hand reached for the blade on his back. With a quick motion he unsheathed the blade and began hacking through the creatures. The razor sharp tungsten and carbon-fiber blade cut easily through the creatures. He cut down all but one, as it scurried past him and began fleeing down the hall. He waited but a moment before throwing the machete lengthed blade and the creatures. It hit imperfectly, but sliced several of the beings limbs off. It tried to scurry away, but to no avail as Zed quickly closed the distance. He put his knee on the beast to hold it still as he reached for a blade on his boot. He pulled the combat knife from his leg and stabbed the creature in the head, causing it to go limp.

He rose from his kill and wiped the blood from his blade and put it back in its sheath, and did the same with his short sword. He walked back and picked up his gun and the empty magazine. He holstered both, and as loud a yell as he could muster, with the help of magnifying from his helmet, he screamed, "Who the fuck deed thees! Cause I can not have thees kind of sheet happeening on thees sheep!"

Status
Not open for further replies.