Colonel Gaddafi Killed 'in a crossfire' between his loyalists and insurgents

Hecatoncheires

un jour je serai de retour près de toi
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
So Colonel Gaddafi has been killed.

Shot in the chest by NTC forces, apparently.

This brings to an end any claims the opponents of the NTC may have that the 'rightful ruler of Libya' may take his seat of power once again.

What are your thoughts, Iwaku?

A truly impartial 'fuck year' from me. I don't honestly care, but it's great to see a dictator go down.

One less jack ass in the world.

I wonder what power vacuum is created by this. I wonder what conspiracies are created by this, as well. Will a more benevolent leader rise or will we get the same dictator in a different wrapper? Or even a worse one? Should we settle for a lesser evil maybe? I don't know. Seems like a good thing when a person most find morally reprehensible goes down, but often they aren't alone and they cultivated their ways amongst other evil men and women. It can only be assumed that someone will try to wrestle power from the others, with a smile and a promise I would wager. Or maybe the people will take control, not with a single figurehead, but instead with a collective of people who understand what power and people with that power can do.

Well, that's two for two on dictators taken down in the last 10 years as far as I know. We may get into a dumb war every so often but damn do we take down dictators when we do. >_>

Not saying the Gaddafi thing was dumb or nothing. I didn't keep much up on that for the record. It was more a stab at Iraq.

I don't really know much about the situation, but a friend of my family has relatives in Libya and she's very glad that Gaddafi's no longer among the living.
Hopefully more of Libya's revenues will go to the people that work for them.
Hopefully things get better over there.

Now Gaddafi can't testify about all those secret deals he made.

There are other ways to get that sort of information. Man had a secret service group that had been linked to foreign terrorist action. Regardless, nice to see he'd bitten the bullet, being a legal combatant and such as well as kind of a two-faced asshead. In the wake of this, I'd like to see how the various ethnic/religious/cultural groups he was apparently holding together will take to one another - for all we know, an even nastier conflict could be brewing unless the new leaders manage to take the mantle and take it well.