5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
OPEN SIGNUPS Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) OOCAfter the destruction of multiple cities within multiple different regions of the world( Noteable examples include New York, London, Beijing,Cairo, Rio De Janeiro and Sydney along with a research lab on the frozen continent), the world has had enough. One thing was true. There was too MUCH property damage from these heroes fights and after much discussion, a new law was put into place. Called by the masses as Collateral, it was a law that required all beings with powers, regardless of their wealth, power or status to be held accountable for any damages, may they be property, physical or emotional.

That was twenty years ago. It's 2018 now and still very much a law of all lands. For this RP, you may play as a character with powers ( may they originate from supernatural, science or otherwise) or a villain and a civilian ( This being has no powers, they are essentially human). ( You must have at least one hero/ villain and one civilian as these beings will be important). Though focusing on the superhero aspect, if your character finishes with any damages to any person, place or object, well, it will be settled with court.

After all, there's always Collateral to pay.

Listed below is the two types of character sheets. One for your hero and one for your civilian.

Character template
(Image should be first or just below the name . I prefer real life pictures, but I will accept anime photos, hand-drawn drawings and video game photos if you can't find others)

Collateral discord

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Hero name: This only applies if your character is a hero.
Villain Name: This only applies if your character is a villain.
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Hero/ Villain Appearance:
Collateral gathered before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your hero/villain is new. However, even if paid, the damage shall still be put on their character sheet)
Personality:
Weakness(ONE FOR EACH Non-natural ABILITY( Abilities that cannot be typically used by normal humans /POWER):
Species : ( If they are not human)
Powers:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

Civilian Character sheet

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your civilian has no interest in the court cases.)
Personality:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

@Gands @winnie @Cosmic Penguin @Jade Emperor

Collateral IC Thread

Character list
Johnathan Clark
Layla Jones

Vanessa O'Toole/ Emerald Dream- Owned by Gands
Victoria Murphy-Owned by Gands
Dean Chambers
John Reidenbach/Spectre-Owned by Astroblaze
Valerie Newmann- Owned by Astroblaze
Reed Overton/ Agent Fury-Owned by Astroblaze
Martin Fisher-Owned by Astroblaze
Michael Chambers
Anastasia Kestner-Owned by Huntress
Meghan O'Neill-Owned by Huntress
Eloise Chandler/ Poltergeist - Owned by Vantas
Carter Quimora -Owned by vantas
Icarus Valaith-/Plant Overlord/Shielder-Owned by slifer
Felix Valaith- Owned by slifer
Draku Rodriguez/Silent Thunder/The Unforgiven-Owned by Draku69
Daniel Guy Kings -Owned by Draku69
Samuel Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Felicity Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Fey Maslan- Owned by Astroblaze
Warren Tanner/ Wildfire
Logan Campbell/ Golden Distraction
Aaron Shimazu- Owned by Minerva
Wyatt
Gabriel Templus- Owned by Minerva
Kameron/Cameron Wyles-Owned by jeshem
Matthew Harris
Jonas Harris

Theodora Lynn Marshall-Stenoglou-Owned by Huntress
Paul Michelson- Owned by Gands
Morgan Ryan Jones/Figment
Leonars Solio

Alexandra Kalomira
NPCS
Angelo Ryan Rose
Nicholas Danny Harris/Shadow
Garret Gunn/Bullet

Last edited:
I thought about it, but something else caught my attention for now. Thanks for keeping me in mind, though!

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Yeah I'll try to make one tonight

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Yeah I'll try to make one tonight

Cool. I await seeing it. ( We are only a few pages into the RP, just to let you know, but am still in the first "mystery" of the series.

Oh, one thing- one of the characters is a Nurse Practitioner at 23, and that's slightly unrealistic.

It wasn't you guys. I was called lazy and uncreative due to the fact that I would rather use my OC in multiple rps over creating newer ones. I was already making the necessary changes to lower his over powered capability.

Aside from that I'm doing this all from a phone so I probably would let the rp and our GM down

Last edited:
Oh, one thing- one of the characters is a Nurse Practitioner at 23, and that's slightly unrealistic.

Yes, it is slightly unrealistic and I have been running through scenarios in my head and my first thought was that they could be a resident nurse and be upped two years older or you can say they skipped two years of school and went to college early and piled all of their classes together or graduated med school earlier.

It wasn't you guys. I was called lazy and uncreative due to the fact that I would rather use my OC in multiple rps over creating newer ones. I was already making the necessary changes to lower his over powered capability.

It isn't lazy and I don't mind it. Some people prefer their one character.

Aside from that I'm doing this all from a phone so I probably would let the rp and our GM down

Also, you can't let me down as long as you put out at least a paragraph or so and it's not impossible on a phone.

Thanks, Hawk.

Lucky, you don't go to med school to get an NP license. At most he could have 2 yrs of experience and could be in school for his Masters, and that's considering he took the shortest route possible. Also tell Draku that I pretty much recycle a core group of names and I use my phone for a ton of replies.

Reactions: Draku69
Lucky, you don't go to med school to get an NP license. At most he could have 2 yrs of experience and could be in school for his Masters, and that's considering he took the shortest route possible. Also tell Draku that I pretty much recycle a core group of names and I use my phone for a ton of replies.

So, yeah, then it can work. ( I honestly didn't know that about being a nurse) Yeah, I can confirm that Slifer does both of those things.

I have a question-do I really have to put a weakness on my character because he knows how to do CPR and first aid?

I have a question-do I really have to put a weakness on my character because he knows how to do CPR and first aid?

No, as long as he don't have powers. Also, just to note, there are two sheets, so if your character doesn't have powers, you use the second civilian sheet ( which doesn't include weakness) It's kind of unwritten that most of our civilians have the regular things that kill us.

fright

Civilian Name:
Icarus Valaith
Alias: Plant Overlord/Shielder
Personality:
He's generally an empathetic and loyal person. He's polite and kind when you first meet him, and devolves into a sarcastic little shit the moment he feels comfortable around you. He would most certainly sell out the world for his family, which is why it's counted among his weaknesses, as he would most always choose a friend over a stranger. Thankfully, this does not apply to choosing between two strangers. He's usually great at doing what he wants to do, choosing to follow the beat of his own drum. He's an introvert who generally doesn't like to socialize all of the time, but that's also because he's ok at making friends. Staying at home with a movie is mostly preferable to going out, unless he's going outside with another person. He's into gardening and just wants to find love. He has a love for science that's hampered by his hatred for difficult math. How he passed Calculus is a mystery to him. He's not that trusting, but is too trusting when it comes to the people he loves. He can become enraged, although if that happens, it's already too late. If you've messed with him too much, he'll come after you. Hurt/kill someone he loves, and it's a vendetta against said perpetrator.

Sexuality: bisexual (male preference)
Appearance:
He has a scar on his left bicep. He's 5'11 and weighs 160 pounds. He usually looks unassuming, like he can blend into a crowd with jeans and a t-shirt or a button down.
Hero/Villain Appearance: It's pretty much like in the picture that will be posted here but without the Green Lantern symbol on it.Hero/Villain Appearance:[spoili]
cw_green_lantern_suit___transparent__by_savagecomics-daq8s29-png.160093
[/spoili]

Powers:
  • Advanced Force-field powers (He can make force-fields that can fit four medium sized people wide and four 5'11 people tall. He can stand on them for about ten seconds, or make little force-fields float above him for the same amount of time to make stairs/handholds for himself. He can change the permeability of his force-fields, shrink or grow them to various sizes, and shape the shields into various objects.)
  • Extreme Chlorokinesis (He can hypergrow plants in seconds from a seed form when planted in the earth/if the plant is established. He can also make large sentient Groot-like/Ent-like minions that obey him and also call him Dad. He can also mutate plants directly into other plants.)
  • Enhanced Endurance (His endurance is 2x the amount a normal human can take.)
  • Enhanced Durability (He is 2x as durable as a normal human.)
Abilities/Skills:
  • Knows BLS
  • First Aid
  • Parkour
  • is a pretty awesome cook
Weaknesses:
  • He's deathly allergic to spiders (if one touches him, he could go into anaphylactic shock.)
  • He's not the stealthiest character out of shielding.
  • He's a dope and isn't the greatest at speaking to other people without forms of sarcasm.
  • Any math beyond Algebra 1 is pretty much beyond him.
  • He can become impatient pretty quickly.
  • He can be a little too loyal for his own good and would choose his family over the world.
  • If he ingests hot sauce/spicy food he gets poisoned and he'll react as if he's gotten at the very least food poisoning/the flu (So nothing above Kung Pow chicken in terms of spiciness)
  • If his plants are killed, he feels it emotionally, which can debilitate him.
  • He's more susceptible to fire than a normal human.
Family: Sheren Valaith (Mother, alive), Felix Valaith (Brother, alive), Leon Valaith (Brother, alive), Joseph Valaith (Father, deceased)
Collateral gathered before start of RP: 0 as he's the one who's generally doing the cleanup/saving people's asses.
History:
Icarus grew up in a wealthy home, with a loving father and mother. That really all changed when his powers started to develop. Soon, it grew out of control as Icarus experimented with his powers, trying to see how far he could let them go. After his father died mysteriously from an accident with another superhero, his mother kicked him out of the house in her grief. His little brother Felix decided to leave the house, and he works to support the both of them, as his job pays for the utilities and other necessary things like rent. Soon, his particular abilities led him to offer up his services as a protective force that let other companies hire him out to clean up after heroes' damages or to protect buildings from sustaining damage in the first place.

fright
Civilian Name: Felix Valaith
Nickname: Feel
Personality:
He's pretty normal, being quite ambiverted. He usually tries his best, although sometimes he's lazy if his heart isn't into something, like his homework. He shares his brother's kindness and love of helping people, although it's difficult to considering he doesn't have powers like any of the heroes do. He makes it a point to be more self-sufficient, mostly teaching himself how to do all of the chores and cook while Icarus was away working. He loves listening to heavy metal music, but has a secret weakness for pop songs. He does love to have fun and will definitely indulge in the internet, liking podcasts because they're great to listen to while doing homework. He prefers to stay in the shadows and be the support for someone like Icarus rather than be front and center, although he's more social than his brother is. He gardens, mainly so that Icarus could keep their apartment building defended with his powers.

Sexuality: bisexual
Appearance:
He's thinner and definitely shorter than his older brother, as he stands at 5'8 and is 140 pounds. He tends to dress casually, ranging from jeans and a t-shirt to a button down.
Abilities/skills:
  • BLS certified
  • Parkour
  • Lockpicking
  • Distractions
  • Cooking
  • Learning how to play the cello
Family: Sheren Valaith (Mother, alive), Icarus Valaith (Brother, alive), Leon Valaith (Brother, alive), Joseph Valaith (Father, deceased)
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: 0
History:
The younger brother of Icarus, he pretty much has the same exact backstory as Icarus, choosing to live in the same house as his big brother. He leads a generally normal life, although he uses his allowance to help support Icarus whenever possible. His job generally pays just enough for groceries, clothes, and transportation.

Attachments

• 7c5ca139ff786ec2fe0162b97415b465--handsome-faces-male-portraits.jpg
    7c5ca139ff786ec2fe0162b97415b465--handsome-faces-male-portraits.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 621
  • bd981c3fdc20c2acaff383900c22cf59.jpg
    bd981c3fdc20c2acaff383900c22cf59.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 685
  • cw_green_lantern_suit___transparent__by_savagecomics-daq8s29.png
    cw_green_lantern_suit___transparent__by_savagecomics-daq8s29.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
@slifer Accepted! ( Also the images aren't showing up)

Also, just to confirm something that isn't expressly written on the sheets, the plants and Icarus himself don't handle fire well, correct?

Yeah. Where's the IC chat, and I will fix the pictures and the fire thing.

Yeah. Where's the IC chat, and I will fix the pictures and the fire thing.

I just linked it to the first post on the top of every page. As of right now, everyone outside of @vantas villain and the other three characters of @Astroblaze and my one other NPC are trapped in the bar. One of the waitresses locked them up after the hero caused some ruckus.

So just to let you know, that means there are four openings.

1) You can interact with the other NPC. She is a judge ( and a version of Matthew's mother). This would be one of the easiest two to do.

2) You can say Icarus or Felix were in the bar and just were being quiet and just put them in there.

3) You can interact with @vantas villain. She is currently outside of the bar in Manhattan somewhere.

4) You can interact with @Astroblaze's other three characters ( One is located in Brooklyn)

(How come the focus seems to be in the bar, and which characters are those?)

(Also who would be interested?)

Also I'm going to make it super vauge so that either Astroblaze or Vantas can reply if they want to.

(How come the focus seems to be in the bar, and which characters are those?)

The TLDR: Mind-Controlled criminal went to the bar after his murder and a few fights and interrogation happened there.

It would be easier to say who isn't in the bar. Currently not in the bar are Victoria Murphy, Valerie Newmann, Reed Overton/Agent Fury and Martin Fisher along with Eloise Chandler/Poltergist and Catherine Harris.

Also I'm going to make it super vauge so that either Astroblaze or Vantas can reply if they want to.

That seems fair to everyone who has a character not in a bar.

Actually, all of the interesting stuff is in the bar and I'm just going to go there, specifically because you're pushing the plot so that the important people are in the bar.