5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
OPEN SIGNUPS Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) OOCAfter the destruction of multiple cities within multiple different regions of the world( Noteable examples include New York, London, Beijing,Cairo, Rio De Janeiro and Sydney along with a research lab on the frozen continent), the world has had enough. One thing was true. There was too MUCH property damage from these heroes fights and after much discussion, a new law was put into place. Called by the masses as Collateral, it was a law that required all beings with powers, regardless of their wealth, power or status to be held accountable for any damages, may they be property, physical or emotional.

That was twenty years ago. It's 2018 now and still very much a law of all lands. For this RP, you may play as a character with powers ( may they originate from supernatural, science or otherwise) or a villain and a civilian ( This being has no powers, they are essentially human). ( You must have at least one hero/ villain and one civilian as these beings will be important). Though focusing on the superhero aspect, if your character finishes with any damages to any person, place or object, well, it will be settled with court.

After all, there's always Collateral to pay.

Listed below is the two types of character sheets. One for your hero and one for your civilian.

Character template
(Image should be first or just below the name . I prefer real life pictures, but I will accept anime photos, hand-drawn drawings and video game photos if you can't find others)

Collateral discord

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Hero name: This only applies if your character is a hero.
Villain Name: This only applies if your character is a villain.
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Hero/ Villain Appearance:
Collateral gathered before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your hero/villain is new. However, even if paid, the damage shall still be put on their character sheet)
Personality:
Weakness(ONE FOR EACH Non-natural ABILITY( Abilities that cannot be typically used by normal humans /POWER):
Species : ( If they are not human)
Powers:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

Civilian Character sheet

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your civilian has no interest in the court cases.)
Personality:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

@Gands @winnie @Cosmic Penguin @Jade Emperor

Collateral IC Thread

Character list
Johnathan Clark
Layla Jones

Vanessa O'Toole/ Emerald Dream- Owned by Gands
Victoria Murphy-Owned by Gands
Dean Chambers
John Reidenbach/Spectre-Owned by Astroblaze
Valerie Newmann- Owned by Astroblaze
Reed Overton/ Agent Fury-Owned by Astroblaze
Martin Fisher-Owned by Astroblaze
Michael Chambers
Anastasia Kestner-Owned by Huntress
Meghan O'Neill-Owned by Huntress
Eloise Chandler/ Poltergeist - Owned by Vantas
Carter Quimora -Owned by vantas
Icarus Valaith-/Plant Overlord/Shielder-Owned by slifer
Felix Valaith- Owned by slifer
Draku Rodriguez/Silent Thunder/The Unforgiven-Owned by Draku69
Daniel Guy Kings -Owned by Draku69
Samuel Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Felicity Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Fey Maslan- Owned by Astroblaze
Warren Tanner/ Wildfire
Logan Campbell/ Golden Distraction
Aaron Shimazu- Owned by Minerva
Wyatt
Gabriel Templus- Owned by Minerva
Kameron/Cameron Wyles-Owned by jeshem
Matthew Harris
Jonas Harris

Theodora Lynn Marshall-Stenoglou-Owned by Huntress
Paul Michelson- Owned by Gands
Morgan Ryan Jones/Figment
Leonars Solio

Alexandra Kalomira
NPCS
Angelo Ryan Rose
Nicholas Danny Harris/Shadow
Garret Gunn/Bullet

Last edited:
Just a heads up for y'all, if anyone at any point decides to visit Meg's bar, it's called 'The Nook'.

• Thank You
Reactions: Astroblaze
Just a heads up for y'all, if anyone at any point decides to visit Meg's bar, it's called 'The Nook'.

Cool, thanks. :)

Also @vantas, I'm going to be working on an update some time tonight, so you can introduce the characters you make after that.

Won't lie, I'm mildly tempted to make a superhero with no civilian name-rather, they're employed by the police, and his collateral is paid for by the taxpayers...

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9

v i l l a i n
P O L T E R G E I S T

Civilian Name: Eloise Chandler
Nickname: Ella ● Lois (Rare)
Villain Name: Poltergeist
Appearance: 5' 11" ● 153 lb ● A tattoo of three triangles on her right wrist.

Villain Appearance: Large hoodie sweater and tapered sweatpants of monochrome colors. She wears an altered medical mask covers most of her face as well as contact lens. The most distinct feature of her attire are the different sewn patches and pockets on various areas of her clothes. Each of them carrying three 5 inch steel needles per pocket. She wears worn Converse shoes and full hand leather gloves.

Collateral Gathered: A million dollars maybe? She wasn't really counting nor does she care.

Personality: Eloise is a shy introvert that prefers to have a small friends circle. But in that circle, she is very bubbly and act as sort of the big sister of them, helping them out while keeping realism in mind as well as just mess around, capable of going to social events as long as her friends are with her. She has a tendency to procrastinate and be lazy but if it is within her passions or in the right mood, she quickly gets the job done without a hitch. She also has a habit of making puns, whether they be good or bad. In most cases it leads to a chorus of groans and a grin from her.

[spoili] Her genuine personality of empathy and happiness effectively hides her less savory traits even though she slips up sometimes. She has an underlying addiction to discord and chaos and a tendency to have a sadism complex whenever she is overwhelmed with emotions. She is brutal to a fault at times and is never the one to forget a grudge, even though she might forgive. Manipulative and cunning with her words even though she doesn't know that she is doing so. She has a strong moral compass however, but not in the conventional way. She justifies her villainy as a way to fight back against a hypocritical society and government, and/or just for her college tuition if she's too lazy to explain.

[/spoili]​

• Greater Telekinesis
    Eloise is able to control any object, liquid, or any with a physical molecular structure within a 100 meter radius as long as it does not touch human skin. The lighter the object being moved, the lesser focus Eloise must exert to move it. Her field of influence is strictly on a 100 meter radius starting from the tip of her toes. Once she exerts focus, she can tare, throw, squish, and manipulate the object with the severity of the action depending on the amount of focus she has on the object.

Shadestep
    Eloise can make her entire body very dim to the point of nigh invisibility under shade. This does not mute any sound she makes however, and once she is seen, the effect is instantly canceled to the person that has spotted her. When Shadestep is active, even if she is not in the shade, any traces of her from video or electric feeds will be immediately wiped via glitches.

• Overexertion
    Activating any of her two powers for too long will slowly but steadily drive her to fatigue. Even to excessive points such as temporary memory lapses, involuntary spasms, and permanent brain damage if she over-exerts herself. She usually needs about a day or two without using her powers to override this fatigue.

Desperation
    Whenever Eloise' composure is cracked or she is cornered into a situation that might mean her life, she will enter a state of desperation that is a hazard to both her and her opponents, overusing her telekinesis to greatly dangerous extents and easily becoming more reckless in her wake, losing both her moral compass, sense of self-preservation, and care for anything but herself.

Abilities/Skills:
Multitasking
Eloise has a very great capability to multitask, able to exert her focus on multiple things
at once whether it be tasks or objects affected by her telekinesis. She is very calm under
considerable duress and can usually successfully get the job done.

Basic Parkour
Due to having little to no abilities that help her escape quickly without any major consequences,
she has taught herself how to learn parkour. Nothing very flashy, just maneuvers that allow
her to sprint or delude any incoming hostiles away from her.

History: Classified.

Family: Her parents are living in the suburbs of her home town in North Carolina.
Her older brother is in the military and her younger sister is living with her parents.

Extra:
Her birthday is on February 23.
Is fine with any relationship as long as she is happy.
Listens to Bo Burnham on a nigh regular basis.

c i v i l i a n
C A R T E R
Civilian Name: Carter Quimora
Nickname: C ● Terqui (Do not.)
Appearance: 6' 3" ● 179 lbs
Collateral Cases Involved: Two minor structural damage cases.

Personality: Calm and collected, Carter is very laid-back and always has a retort for everything. He knows how to hold his tongue when it is appropriate however, and he always enjoy pleasant company whenever it is warranted. Despite his usual stoic and carefree demeanor, he is very introspective and cares for others though he doesn't immediately show it. He does tend to give advice and an open mind to anyone he deems good company, and in the rare cases where his facade melts, open up completely to the typhoon of emotions and thoughts that he keeps inside his head protected by only his eyes and his sharp silver tongue.

Abilities/Skills:
Photography
Not only being skilled in the art of photography, Carter also carries the
values needed to take a good photograph. He is very observant, able
to discern small details even at a distance, and is very patient by nature.

Soothsayer
Carter knows how to string up sentences that people like to hear.
He usually applies his open-mind and intuition to the situation at hand, and talks
it out, whether avoiding a violent confrontation or just lending an ear, which has
gotten him out of many a scrape with him leaving without a scratch
and/or a forfeited item.

History: Classified.

Family: He's sure you can find that from an info broker in the Deep Web somewhere.

Extra:
He's born in September 10.
It's none of your business who he's interested in.
He likes mint with chocolate, but only on ice cream.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Astroblaze
@vantas Approved. You can post in the IC when you get a chance. (I hope to do an update tonight EST.)

You can post in the IC when you get a chance.

Is the order of posting in sync with the character list?
Because preferably I would post after your update unless it is not yet my turn should my assumption on the order be correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the order of posting in sync with the character list?
Because preferably I would post after your update unless it is not yet my turn should my assumption on the order be correct.

I don't think we really have a set posting order actually -- just whenever your character has sufficient to contribute to merit a full post (that's kind of a bad way to explain it but eh)

• Thank You
Reactions: erudere
@Huntress I'll be posting the update first. ( Since it was the original plan anyway.)

Okay, awesome. I was just curious :)

I hope to post the update before I leave for school tomorrow morning, but if not, I'll post it tomorrow night when I get back from class.

I'm working on my post now

Oh dear. I hope Meghan's bar survives and this doesn't come down to fisticuffs.

Please don't cause a fight y'all. Ana and Meghan would not appreciate that lol.

Ana might have to kick some butts should that happen :P

You've been warned. ;P

Also, @vantas, you can post whenever you get a chance. The update is up, so you can just pick one of the two locations to join up.

Hope that post was okay, if I missed anything let me know and I'll try to fix it once i'm home from work tonight. :)

Hope that post was okay, if I missed anything let me know and I'll try to fix it once i'm home from work tonight. :)

Just to let you know, Logan ordered a beer. ( But outside of that, you are good. :))

Ana gave him a pint before turning up the tv didn't She?