5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Will be updated when school year starts. For now, pretty much whenever
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
OPEN SIGNUPS Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) OOCAfter the destruction of multiple cities within multiple different regions of the world( Noteable examples include New York, London, Beijing,Cairo, Rio De Janeiro and Sydney along with a research lab on the frozen continent), the world has had enough. One thing was true. There was too MUCH property damage from these heroes fights and after much discussion, a new law was put into place. Called by the masses as Collateral, it was a law that required all beings with powers, regardless of their wealth, power or status to be held accountable for any damages, may they be property, physical or emotional.

That was twenty years ago. It's 2018 now and still very much a law of all lands. For this RP, you may play as a character with powers ( may they originate from supernatural, science or otherwise) or a villain and a civilian ( This being has no powers, they are essentially human). ( You must have at least one hero/ villain and one civilian as these beings will be important). Though focusing on the superhero aspect, if your character finishes with any damages to any person, place or object, well, it will be settled with court.

After all, there's always Collateral to pay.

Listed below is the two types of character sheets. One for your hero and one for your civilian.

Character template
(Image should be first or just below the name . I prefer real life pictures, but I will accept anime photos, hand-drawn drawings and video game photos if you can't find others)

Collateral discord

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Hero name: This only applies if your character is a hero.
Villain Name: This only applies if your character is a villain.
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Hero/ Villain Appearance:
Collateral gathered before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your hero/villain is new. However, even if paid, the damage shall still be put on their character sheet)
Personality:
Weakness(ONE FOR EACH Non-natural ABILITY( Abilities that cannot be typically used by normal humans /POWER):
Species : ( If they are not human)
Powers:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

Civilian Character sheet

Civilian Name:
Nickname:
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.)
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: ( You may set this at 0 if your civilian has no interest in the court cases.)
Personality:
Abilities/ skills:
History: This field is semi-required. If you prefer to reveal your character's past over time/ don't have anything in mind, you can put unknown or classified.
Family:
Extra:

@Gands @winnie @Cosmic Penguin @Jade Emperor

Collateral IC Thread

Character list
Johnathan Clark
Layla Jones

Vanessa O'Toole/ Emerald Dream- Owned by Gands
Victoria Murphy-Owned by Gands
Dean Chambers
John Reidenbach/Spectre-Owned by Astroblaze
Valerie Newmann- Owned by Astroblaze
Reed Overton/ Agent Fury-Owned by Astroblaze
Martin Fisher-Owned by Astroblaze
Michael Chambers
Anastasia Kestner-Owned by Huntress
Meghan O'Neill-Owned by Huntress
Eloise Chandler/ Poltergeist - Owned by Vantas
Carter Quimora -Owned by vantas
Icarus Valaith-/Plant Overlord/Shielder-Owned by slifer
Felix Valaith- Owned by slifer
Draku Rodriguez/Silent Thunder/The Unforgiven-Owned by Draku69
Daniel Guy Kings -Owned by Draku69
Samuel Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Felicity Alerio- Owned by Astroblaze
Fey Maslan- Owned by Astroblaze
Warren Tanner/ Wildfire
Logan Campbell/ Golden Distraction
Aaron Shimazu- Owned by Minerva
Wyatt
Gabriel Templus- Owned by Minerva
Kameron/Cameron Wyles-Owned by jeshem
Matthew Harris
Jonas Harris

Theodora Lynn Marshall-Stenoglou-Owned by Huntress
Paul Michelson- Owned by Gands
Morgan Ryan Jones/Figment
Leonars Solio

Alexandra Kalomira
NPCS
Angelo Ryan Rose
Nicholas Danny Harris/Shadow
Garret Gunn/Bullet

Last edited:

Civilian
Name: Johnathan Clark
Nickname: John
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.): John is 5'7, has light blue eyes and straddles between lanky and somewhat muscular and it somehow works. He generally wears a gray t-shirt underneath his white dress shirt and jeans when he is not on the case. When he is on a case, he is in the traditional NYPD uniform.
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: 5 cases, lead detective/ investigator on 1
Personality: John is a kind- hard working detective who generally loves what he does. He is extremely friendly and acts nice towards everyone he meets. He also has a soft spot for children and always want to protect them. He also can be super analytical and goes out of his way to find evidence to help prove the guilt or evidence. Finally, he can get easily frustrated if he becomes stressed and can occasionally lash out without meaning too.
Abilities/ skills: Lock-picking, Gun expertise, can cook a decent meal and also can examine a scene with expertise.
History: John doesn't remember it.
Family: He doesn't know. ( Everett Jones- Son)
Extra: John has amnesia and doesn't remember much from his childhood/ teenage years and his first memory is enrolling in the police academy when he was 20.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Civilian Name: Layla Jones
Nickname: None
Appearance: ( Details the photos do not include/ scars/ height, weight,etc.) : Layla is 5'4 and is petite for having been pregnant. She typically wears whatever she feels like, sometimes it's a tank top, sometimes it is a dress shirt, sometimes it is a blouse, but it is always good looking. She also wears a white lab coat and shoes wherever she goes.
Collateral Cases before the start of the RP: 5-all as the medical examiner
Personality: Layla is a no nonsense medical examiner who takes her job seriously. She is rarely friendly towards others and is often blunt with her opinions. She hardly ever holds back and rarely lashes out. Sometimes however she will go off tangents, but she always get the job done.
Abilities/ skills: Medical examining skills, keen knowledge of poisons, lover of riddles and jokes, can barely cook, knows how to hack a laptop amongst other things, multitasker
History: Layla rarely talks about her past. The only thing she mentions that is important to her is that she had a drunk one- night stand with a guy going to police academy and had a kid from that. Nothing else otherwise.
Family: Everett Jones ( Son- 7 years old)
Extra: Layla and John used to date before John got amnesia. Only Layla remembers this.

( Hey, neither of these are a hero/ villain profile and to that, I say... who says that one of these isn't also a villain or hero?)​

Last edited:
Civilian Name:Vanessa O'Toole
Nickname: Nessa
Hero name: Emerald Dream
Age 21

Appearance: 5'8” 150 pounds
Hero appearance Black armored agent style outfit outlined in Kelly green with a small shamrock on her chest.

Collateral gathered before start of RP: Roughly $300,000.00. There would be more, but she has a very good attorney.

Personality: Curious, stubborn and a little shy in large groups of people. Dislikes bullies & thugs, arrogance, fame. Has in recent years started to rebel just a little with style and dress against both her parents. She has moved to New York against their will.

Species : ½ Tuatha de Danann

Powers:
Extreme Genius level intellect, Mostly limited now by current maturity level.

Very high level will power, has resistance with these combined to mental powers.

Super strength lifting max under normal conditions around 10 tons. Enough so she has to be careful fighting civilians, even letting them hit her can cause injury.

Enhanced endurance: Can go full tilt without rest for about 24 hours. Needs no more than a couple hours sleep a night.

Durability: Extremely tough, can take blows from enemies with many times her strength

Reflexes: Extremely good balance and co ordination. Dodge bullets level of reflexes.

Running speed roughly 55-70 mph. When combined with her reflexes, she can move through obstacles like a knife through butter.
]
Enhanced healing ( cannot replace lost limbs or other body parts and otherwise about 75% of what wolverine would be capable of).
Extreme Luck ability. Especially active when she's in trouble

Ability to cobble together devices on a moment's notice

Abilities/ skills: Mastery level skill in a half dozen martial arts, Staff fighting, Aikido, Kung Fu, Karate, Jeet-Kun-Do, Krav Maga.

Electrical engineering, computer programming, hacking, software design, computer hardware design.

Plays Piano and Guitar.

Can Fly a plane.

Has a business degree.

Trained in acrobatics and can with her extreme reflexes add to her fighting style

Speaks several languages.

Familiar with magic theory, but not it's use.

Weakness(ONE FOR EACH ABILITY/POWER): Allergic to Cold Iron. Susceptible to god killing metal. Tends to attract the weird and unusual and visitors from the other worlds. Lacking in people skills. Super strength limited to roughly between 5 & 10 tons. Socially has very little skill. Her intellect is very much a hindrance here and her social training has been very weak to date. Even more so romantically. Has no streetwise skill. Allergic to some common medications.
-She cannot fly and has limited ranged attacks

History: Her true father, Oghma is a god of wisdom. Studying the situation of mankind, he determined that there was a need for a true hero. He fathered a daughter by a mortal of extraordinary intelligence and took the child to be trained at a select facility in the remote wilderness of Canada. Many physical and mental trials & hard training were Nessa's to endure during her childhood.
The goal of her training as to create a protector of mankind. Their one mistake was that they failed to allow Nessa to relate to mankind. She wasn't allowed into the outside world until she was Sixteen, when she entered the college world of Cambridge in England. Of course she excelled. A masters degree in linguistics. A Business doctorate and another doctorate in computer science. All of which achieved by the age of 20.
Two years ago she was released into the care of her mother, in Seattle. A wealthy woman who was a CEO of a successful company in her own right. It has been a struggle for both of them, to get Nessa to relate to people. To like those mortals she has been charged to protect. Now she hides in the world of the wealthy, venturing out after studying criminal patterns and behavior.

Family: Mother Julia Murphy,

55b74cf79faca2ea57ee81c9ad401f88.jpg

Sister Victoria Murphy.

045c7447b5102fb4877d6ddd4b8bbaaf.jpg

Extra Armor is enchanted Dragon hide, pretty tough and will repair itself. Has an enchanted wooden staff made by her Father.

Uses a set of goggles, see at night, targeting, binocular far distance sight. Flash defense

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
Civilian Character sheet

Civilian Name: Victoria Murphy

045c7447b5102fb4877d6ddd4b8bbaaf.jpg

Nickname: Vicky

Appearance: 5'7” 135

Collateral cases involved before start of RP: $1,000,000.00 PLUS lOST $300,000.00

ATTORNEY AT LAW

Personality: DETERMINED, STUBBORN, curious, RELENTLESS

Abilities/ skills: Excellent research skill, Doctorate in Law, plays golf and tennis.

History: classified.

Family: Mother Julia Murphy, ½ sister Vanessa Murphy

Extra: Wealthy

Last edited:
Also, @Gands and @Cosmic Penguin. accepted.

Also @winnie and @Jade Emperor whenever you get a chance, you can post your sheets. Ideally, I might start working on the first post and putting up an IC around the 17th of March. ( I might do it earlier if more sheets come in earlier than that. Might also work on tomorrow and post sometime next week. Just got to make one NPC first though)

28721877_1635159349886430_868936161_n.jpg

Civilian Name: Aurora WildFlower
Nickname: Frosty, Rora, Flower,
Hero or Villain: She doesn't know which side she wants to be apart of. Her code name is either Blizzard or Snow
Appearance: She wears a long red dress shirt that covers her arms with black tights with long black boots. She had blonde hair which changed to ice blue when her powers activated. She had violet eyes her eyes are now ice blue. She has a small silver anklet she always wears. She doesn't know how she got it but its something she never leaves behind or takes off. She often wears gloves afraid she might freeze something she touches. She is about 5.5 and is about 115 pounds. Her skin is extremely pale .
Hero/ Villain Appearance:
Collateral gathered before start of RP: 0
Occupation : She currently works as a waitress/barista in a small coffee shop.
Personality: She is very distant and doesn't talk pretty much at all as all her time in the labs taught her not to speak. If she tries to talk she normally will start to talk before shutting her mouth afraid of being whipped. She normally talks through her body language. She doesn't not trust anyone at all. If you do gain her trust and become her friend she will defend you no matter what. She is very loyal to people who are loyal to her. However it takes a lot to show her that she can trust you. She hates killing and bullies and is quick to defend people who cant defend themselves.

Weakness(ONE FOR EACH ABILITY/POWER): She can get frightened easily. She can be sometimes rash and run into situations to help people just to be overwhelmed. She doesn't like to talk so sometimes it can be hard to be on a team with her. If she is overwhelmed it could be hard for her to use her powers. If the fire is too hot say as hot as a star or the sun she can be overpowered.
Species : Meta Human
Powers: She has cyrokensis but its upgraded from the experiments. Her ice powers can actually burn people from how cold it is. She can manipulate snow, ice, or cold wind that she didn't even make. She can send ice blasts or incase her self in ice. She can make it snow or freeze the ground or other objects. She can freeze water and even fire. She can breath ice breath to freeze people. She can make ice weapons like a sword even a bow and arrow where she makes ice arrows to fire. She can make ice walk ways to move around on. when she is scared her breath becomes chilled and visible. There are many other things she can do with her ice she doesn't know about yet.
Abilities/ skills: She is very intelligent and has incredible strong powers from her past. She is very quick on her feet and can hold her ground.
History: Classified
Family: She has parents and a sister who she doesn't know about.
Extra: She is bi curious. She loves to write poetry and

Civilian Character sheet
thumb-350-779547.png

Civilian Name: Anila Dawn
Nickname: Angel, Dawn,
Appearance: She is about 115 pounds and 5.5. Her eyes are a dark blue. She likes to wear a long black sleeved shirt with a Red skirt and black pumps. She has a blue crystal necklace she got from her mother.
Collateral cases involved before start of RP: 0
Occupation : She is currently highschool trying to just make it through the day.
Personality: She is very gentle and kind to others around her. She dreams to be a nurse one day so she can help anyone in need. She can be very shy when she first meets someone but warms up eventually. She is also pretty nerdy and loves comic books, anime, cartoons, and video games.
Abilities/ skills: She is very agile and quick on her feet. She was a cheerleader and in track she also is training in acrobatics so she can do some pretty amazing gymnastics. She is also pretty smart.
History: Unknown
Family: She has a mom and dad and is an only child.
Extra:
She is also bi curios and loves to write and read. She also adores drawing things especially animals.

Last edited:
@superwolfgirl Accepted! (Just before the RP starts, put down one of the two ages you got there)

So sorry, but I have to drop!

So sorry, but I have to drop!

Okay. If you ever find time and it's still open, you're welcome back. Otherwise, I wish you luck in your future RP endeavors.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Hey, this looks pretty cool :) About time we actually saw some realistic consequences! I'll see who I can come up with ^^ In the meantime, is there a set plot for this RP or is it more open-world?

• Love
Hey, this looks pretty cool :) About time we actually saw some realistic consequences! I'll see who I can come up with ^^ In the meantime, is there a set plot for this RP or is it more open-world?

Yes, there will be a set plot, but it will also be an open-world set plot. My main plans are right now in new York ( since that is where both of my characters are based.), but I most likely plan to expand to a broader scale of this particular world over time.

• Useful
Reactions: Astroblaze
Yes, there will be a set plot, but it will also be an open-world set plot. My main plans are right now in new York ( since that is where both of my characters are based.), but I most likely plan to expand to a broader scale of this particular world over time.

Sounds pretty cool. I actually already have a superhero OC from a roleplay on another site that died so I think I'll repurpose him for this.

• Love
Is there a limit to how many characters one person can control? I've developed 4 potentials so far (a hero, a villain, and two civilians)

Is there a limit to how many characters one person can control? I've developed 4 potentials so far (a hero, a villain, and two civilians)

The original idea was 1 hero/villain and one civilian. But in all honesty, if you want to make four and it's balanced with two supers and two civilians, go for it. I honestly might make more myself since we are a very low player count right now. I would say standing right now, I would cap characters at 4, but I might change that in the future, depending on how many people join.

The original idea was 1 hero/villain and one civilian. But in all honesty, if you want to make four and it's balanced with two supers and two civilians, go for it. I honestly might make more myself since we are a very low player count right now. I would say standing right now, I would cap characters at 4, but I might change that in the future, depending on how many people join.

Okay, cool. Also, in the original setting for my hero character I had to establish what the roleplay called a "Pocket Dimension" (I'm not sure why "pocket" but hey, I didn't set it up :P) to accompany an invention he made that in turn caused his powers, and I had him set up with a network centered around the dimension's study. I'm planning to include information on both factors on his profile and both will also be fully available to other characters if they so choose, but I first want to make sure that adding something so massive is okay with you according to how you've established this world.

Okay, cool. Also, in the original setting for my hero character I had to establish what the roleplay called a "Pocket Dimension" (I'm not sure why "pocket" but hey, I didn't set it up :P) to accompany an invention he made that in turn caused his powers, and I had him set up with a network centered around the dimension's study. I'm planning to include information on both factors on his profile and both will also be fully available to other characters if they so choose, but I first want to make sure that adding something so massive is okay with you according to how you've established this world.

That's fine with me. If I need anything to change or want expansion, I'll let you know, but as of right now, it's fine with me.

Reactions: Astroblaze
That's fine with me. If I need anything to change or want expansion, I'll let you know, but as of right now, it's fine with me.

Alright, cool! I'll try and get the CSs up tomorrow ^^

• Love