Collateral ( A Super Hero RP with Consequences) IC

Valerie
Martin
Valerie Newmann | Martin Fisher
April 3, 2018 | late afternoon | Manhattan, NYC—the Nook

Charles (@Huntress), Victoria (@Gands), Colton (@LuckycoolHawk9), Catherine (@LuckycoolHawk9), Warren (@LuckycoolHawk9)
Morgan (@LuckycoolHawk9), "Angelo" (@LuckycoolHawk9), Spectre (@Astroblaze), Emerald Dream (@Gands), Twiggy (@LuckycoolHawk9), Ian (@LuckycoolHawk9)

At that moment, Valerie's phone started buzzing against her hip. Upon checking it to a familiar number, she immediately accepted the call. "Yeah? It's Val."

She could picture Martin's uncertain frown in the note of hesitation in his soft voice. "Hey, uh, I just pulled up but there are two individuals hanging around outside the front entrance of the bar. I assume they're unwanted. Is there another way I can come in?"

"Oh, yeah, we're kinda holding out until they go away—or until the heroes get back, whichever comes first," she affirmed. "Loop around the block, park in that side-road, and come to the back door—somebody'll let you in."

"Alright. Give me a moment." With a click and a low beeping, he was gone again.

Returning her phone to her pocket, Valerie looked to the rest of the group. "That was Martin: he just arrived, though he's swinging around back given—" she tilted her head toward the front door— "our uninvited guests out front."

A few moments later, a soft rapping sounded from the back door to the establishment. Upon being answered, the youthful Irishman himself would hasten inside, still dressed in his muted cobalt scrubs with his medical bag slung over one shoulder.

"I'm sorry I took so long," Martin panted as he hurried out of the kitchen into the main area, a hand darting absently through wild chestnut-toned hair. "I had some trouble getting out of work, and then I hit traffic on my way down. Where is he?"

"You're fine, Martin," Valerie smiled. "It's good to see you again." Martin cast her a harried but agreeing smile in return. Gesturing for him to follow, she led the nurse to the booth where Spectre had laid Warren's swaddled form. Though he had entered appearing jittery and disheveled, the nurse's entire demeanor visibly shifted upon sight of the unconscious metahuman: his posture straightened, cool gray eyes sharpened, and calm focus replaced nervous energy. Promptly stepping forward, he set his satchel in the adjacent bench and flipped it open to sift purposefully through its contents.

Noting that his newly assigned patient commanded his attention, Valerie backed away to give him space, though she kept a wary eye on the pair, leaving a hand resting on the butt of her handgun in case the metahuman turned hostile against her friend.

Reactions: Gands
Ian Booker and Matthew Harris/Twiggy..... and Jonas Harris

Matthew stared over at Fury, as he looked up from his phone and his interactive game. " Your hearing is a lot better than I expected then. I can never tell if other metas have super senses or not, it's the one thing I can't ever figure out." he replied, noticing him checking him out, and decided to not shrug. " Not exactly in my control, being fast, the body burns through food faster than it can process it," he replied, watching Fury leave the room. He took a moment to compose himself. " Oh yeah, I was doing some research while you were getting those files. There was something familiar about Myst's MO."

Ian looked over at Matthew. " I always forget that you are more than just a pretty face and are actually incredibly intelligent." Ian commented.

Matthew would look off into the distance. " That's the way I prefer it though. Being known as intelligent would make my foes know that I understand. Better for them to think I'm just a dumbass with speed then an intelligent man with speed. But yeah, Myst's MO is familiar to me, but I can't find the supervillain it relates to.... but I know this has happened before."

There would be a loud crash outside of the warehouse. " We should probably go and investigate that."

" You sure that we can't just ignore it and move on?" Matthew asked. His question was answered as a boat would glitch between the office and lobby, breaking a few of the walls., leaving a giant hole on one side that was person sized and small dings on the other side. On the boat, Jonas would be casually lounging.

" Are you heroes quite done getting those files? I've gotten bored waiting for you to finish. It felt like you were in there for months, even though, I know it has only been a few minutes. Today certainly has been a long day though, almost as if time is a little bit broken. But that certainly doesn't make sense, perhaps I shouldn't be musing by starlight, sorry, I'm going off on a tangent, but I sure do miss home. " Jonas would make the boat disappear. " Hmmm.... not sure I can fix those walls... ooops... won't matter much though. We aren't staying. I'll come back and fix that after."

Matthew would normally had been pissed by Jonas's appearance, but for once, it triggered a memory. Boat. Time broken. Starlight. Home. " Wait, I think..."

" Oh no, I don't want you to have to repeat yourself like a broken record multiple times." Jonas would smirk. " This probably shouldn't be too painful..... " he replied, the reality glitching between Ian, John, Matthew and Dream. It would only take a few seconds, but when they would feel queasy on arrival. They would be outside the back door of the bar. " Thanks for travelling Glitch's reality warp. Don't forget to leave a review." Jonas would pause for a moment, staring at his reflection in the glass.

1602631140968.png

" Huh- I guess the technology disguise dad made is wearing off. And just when I was getting used to look like a dead man." Jonas would disappear in a glitch.

" I really reallMysty hate that he was helpful. I can't tell what to make of Jonas, he's.... weird," Matthew commented.

Ian would be silent. " Weirdly helpful too." Ian commented.

Matthew rolled his eyes, as he had made the exact same point literal second ago. He would speed into the bar with Ian following, but not before looking down at his phone.

Time: ..... April 3rd, 2018 8:43 PM

Matthew would sigh. Had it really only been twenty four hours since things were normal?" I think that glitch cost us time.... which sounds more like it." The second John and Dream entered with the file, all the tech would start to go haywire. " .....I thought Myst was done talking for the day," Matthew deadpanned.

" Oh darlings, it seems that you got all those precious files together. But there are so many less of you than normal. No more fireflies, no blonde bimbos or nosy reporters. No pesky judges, No shapeshifters. Ahh.... and the detective is missing. I do hope that he wasn't put in the hospital.... now that would be tragic. You must think I have a heart of stone, but I'm not a heartless monster. You think that's the law is some sort of progression, but it's just a cheap expression."

" Wow, Myst is monologuing like the mentally ill antagonist of an illustrated periodical,". Matthew commented.

"MATTHEW!" Catherine exclaimed.

"Well, Myst is, I just called it like I see it."

"
That's still insulting nonetheless...." Myst commented. " Oh fuck, ignore the comment. I can't hear you."

" As I was saying earlier, Myst's MO was familiar... and it's because it's copied from another supervillain.... so.... does anyone have any questions.... because I don't think Myst can just disconnect."

@Astroblaze @Gands @Huntress

Time..... 12AM , April 4th,2018 ( Starter for @Michale CS)

Angelo blinked twice. God, what had happened? He certainly felt like it was something, But his memories were fuzzy at best and strange at worst. Another city, another time, different face, different. But he couldn't tell if it was real or a dream. He would look around. He was definitely in the city.... but where? He looked up and saw the Atlas statue.

1602634514687.png
" Rockerfeller Center.... it looks like it is midnight.... I could be wrong." He looked to see if anyone was near him at the moment.

Last edited:
Time..... 12AM , April 4th,2018 ( Starter for [IMG alt="Michale CS"]https://data.iwakuroleplay.com/avatars/s/20/20164.jpg?1594009004[/IMG] Michale CS )

Angelo blinked twice. God, what had happened? He certainly felt like it was something, But his memories were fuzzy at best and strange at worst. Another city, another time, different face, different. But he couldn't tell if it was real or a dream. He would look around. He was definitely in the city.... but where? He looked up and saw the Atlas statue.

1602634514687.png

" Rockerfeller Center.... it looks like it is midnight.... I could be wrong." He looked to see

Firefly.jpg
Cyndee Banner.jpg
Penny.jpg

When all three of them drop in at once, including Penny, Amiee just shrugged.
"It can't get any weirder than what I just went through. Honestly, that Starlight City place was pretty screwed up. I was wondering if I was in a time warp or something..." She stated, shaking her head and suddenly realizing she had a few messages on her voice mail.

"Meh. I've lost a lot more time than this. I mean, losing a day or two, I do on the regular. Also, does that statue have his dick out? Man, talk about being in the right place..." CynDee chuckled and elbows her friend.

Penny, however, standing there with her motorcycle helmet under her arm, looked mortified. "Oh Em Gee I'm too young to see that. And is it midnight? I'm so busted, this is way after my bedtime."

Amiee and CynDee both looked at the kid. "Same thing happened to you? Who are you supposed to be?"

"Uhh... I'm Penny. I've been... Following your careers online for awhile now."

The two looked skeptical. "Listen honey, we can call you a taxi or something to get home. It's on you to explain to your 'rents. I advocate sneaking in and using your natural cuteness to bluff them, as you seem to have that in spades."

"Cyn!" Amiee looked shocked.

"What? Best to get good at that early.
"You're a bad influence."
"Never said I wasn't."

""No offense, but in the time you've been arguing, I've called an Uber and they'll be here in 10 minutes. I just need an adult to vouch for me when it gets here."

"Smart kid."
"It's kinda my thing."

Amiee just shrugged and called Emerald back.

@Gands
@LuckycoolHawk9

firefly-jpg.205996

Midnight, NYC

Emerald Dream aka Vanessa O'Toole "Hello ! ? "
"So... this is Amiee, as you can tell from the caller ID. I don't know what exactly happened but I had this freaky experience where I was... uhh.. somewhere else for what felt like a few days, but then, I'm back here like, seven or so hours later? I'm here with CynDee and Angelo and some kid..."
There is a brief moment of silence as Dream seems to be thinking. " As Mister Spock would say, fascinating. What is the last thing you remember here ? It is still only a little more than twenty four hours since the murder, but a lot has happened. "
"Eh... meeting you folks at the bridge, then splitting up."
" Huh, still today, but roughly nine hours since then. A terribly active nine hours. How much of this do you want now versus how much first thing in the morning ? "
"For me... I had just woke up and was going to enroll at a college in the other place? So I'm fresh, which is going to be some jet lag I suppose... I mean I can call an Uber too to head back to my house. I realize it's midnight and you're probably beat."
" My physiology and mental make up make it hard for me to get a lot of sleep. Though it's been a long and not so good day, I think I can make it for another hour or two if you wish to meet at a coffee house or diner. That being said, we've been at this location for a long while now, at least many of the others have. I am open to a short meeting, either here.. or as I said a coffe house or diner you know. "
"Uhh..." She held the phone to her neck and asked CynDee a question, then came back on the line.
"CynDee says there's a place called the Cosmic Diner that's open twenty-four hours at... lemme google it.... hah, Eight-eighty-eight 8th Avenue, just a few blocks walk from me here. Will that work?"

Cosmic Diner ★★★★☆ · Diner · 888 8th Ave

"Alright, I'll see you there in fifteen or twenty minutes. My mind needs a break from the Nook for a little while. "
"Okay. CynDee and Angelo are staying here I think until the little kid that suddenly appeared along with us gets her Uber to arrive here. Well CynDee is at least she just nodded. See you then." [ End Call ]

@Gands

Jonas Harris
Time: 9:03 PM. April 3rd. 2018

Jonas stared at the spot where the boat had made a hole in the wall. There was still a giant fucking portal in the wall. Sitting by the portal was the mask of one Reed Overton. " I'm hoping that just fell off a desk or wall and is not an indication that this he might have been sucked into whatever this thing is." Jonas would look around and attempt to close the portal. However, what he did actually made it worse. " Oh fuck."

Lights could be seen throughout the city. It didn't take longer for people to realize what they were. Reality tears. There wasn't much time to react. The floor disappeared from underneath Icarus and someone else at diner, but Icarus had a tree move him quick enougj. The grocery store floor where Michael, Felix and Leo were shopping, Michael pushing Felix out of the way, but Leo falling through. A giant rip happened at the Chambers household, taking the other two sons of the judge. Colton acted just fast enough, making a portal out of the bar that took Ian, Catherine and Emerald Dream away it along with three of the five files. Matthew stared for a moment, grabbing a file in mid air and gripping it tightly. The last file floated in mid air, before landing in Morgan's hands outside, a portal taking him and 'Angelo' with him. In the hospital, an entire bed with a patient disappeared through a portal. At Ian Booker's house, his two kids would be taken through a portal. The same happened to Fey, Samuel and Felicity. along with Gabriel. At exactly 12:10, right before the limo pulled up, a portal would appear beneath Penny's feet. And finally on April 4th, at 12:30, Jonas Harris would disappear.

For those who were flung through the reality tear, things would go uneasy and you would feel like you want to puke. No matter how hard you tried, no matter how strong you were, you felt your consciousness fade to black.... the sweet nothing taking you.

Time: ?????

The song played on the radio over a news broadcast.

Today we will be covering for our spooky story of the day. Between the hours of 9PM and 12:30 AM on the night of April 3rd, mysterious reality breaks appear throughout New York. It was marred by the disappearances of numerous residents, both civilian and heroes alike. While some of these people have just as suddenly reappeared as they disappeared, others have not. To this very day, the heroes known as Twiggy, Spectre, Aegis , and Wildfire are still missing. On the civilian side, the missing people include Leonars Solio, Judge Dean Chambers, Alan Chambers, John Clark, Layla Jones, Wyatt, Fey Meslan, Martin Fisher, Penny, Meghan O'Neill, Valerie Newmann, Samuel and Felicity Alerio, Victoria Murphy, Gabriel Templus and supposedly the thought dead Morgan Jones. But all things have a silver lining. Villains such as Myst, Golden Distraction and Agent Fury also vanished. Sadly, at the time of these disappearance a new villain named Shade entered the scene and between him and his bullet henchman, Shot things have been a little rough. Also still missing, but perhaps unrelated to the tears is Daniel Kings, Draku Rodriguez, Kameron or Cameron.... the writing is too smudged to tell if this is a K or C, Wyles, Carter Quiamora and Eloise Chandlier are also missing.

The screen would show the temperature was a frosty 46 degrees and the time was 8:43PM... October 31st.... Oh good... and then the year is seen across the line. Follow the 2020 Presidental election at .....2020.... 2020.....

Time: October 31st, 2020, 8:43 PM

It had been over two years. And the other slow and suddent realization, as the others looked around. Almost everyone mentioned on the news was in the bar with you now. Which meant two things. For the first time ever, Mystification was in the same room. She was someone here.

Among us, Matthew thought.

Jonas would cough a bit of blood. He looked different..... almost like the Paul Walker look was a trick.

Logan Campbell looked like himself, a teenager.

Two of the files were in the room, one in his hands and the other in the thought dead Morgan Jones.

For the first time ever, almost of the all villains were in the same room.

This could all end now.

..... But only if the mystery could be solved.

@slifer @Huntress @Michale CS @Gands @Minerva

( Mentioned: @Astroblaze)​

Last edited:
Victoria Murphy

It all happened so fast. She still wanted to puke from the time in the rip in reality. She took out her phone, which was working. A new date and time, roughly two and a half years.... YEARS later. Still thinking of Myst, she wonders who everyone in here is.

" Is everyone okay ? "

As she talks, she takes pictures with her camera.

"My phone has updated with a date of October 31st 2020. Does everyone else's phone show the same thing ? I still feel a bit like puking my guts out. "

Finished with pictures, her thumb starts to press her sister's dial up.

penny-jpg.205998

Today was weird.

If you could call it today, even. One minute she's in Starlight City. The next, she's calling an Uber from Rockefeller Center back in New York nine hours from when she left it.

Now, according to the GPS in her phone she was a couple years later, and in a... Bar?

"Uhhh... I really don't belong here." She thought of calling her parents, but instead (once she hacked a new number for herself) sent a simple text to Dream. 'Help' followed by her name and current GPS location.

@Gands

cyndee-banner-jpg.205997

"What the actual fuck? Do you think that Myst is back, bae?" CynDee shook her head.

She looked over at Angelo. "So, I guess you're going to want to get a scoop on all this shit. That's okay..." Moving over, she straightened out the inversion table and unstrapped him from it.

"We can do kinky shit tomorrow, you got a job to do. I'll get Baby and put her in the car while you get out of that latex." The young woman looked over at her semi-fiancee (he hadn't quite proposed yet because she had told him she'd let him know when she was comfortable enough for him to ask tha question) and grinned, resisting - barely - the temptation to snap a picture with her phone.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Vanessa O’Toole was many things. Superheroine, brilliant inventor, businesswoman among other things. Two and a half years ago her sister, among several other people disappeared into some sort of portal or void. To date, she hasn’t been able to find any sign of the missing people. This fact eats at her soul. She has tried to maintain for those people she knew or could find out about, their homes, bills etc. She visits little Penny’s parents once a month or so. She still fights the good fight, albeit with neither of the two lawyers she used to be able to count on for paying the destruction fees.

There was no sign either of the villainous Myst or her shapeshifter goon. This didn’t mean there wasn’t a need for Heroes. There was a new villain in town, calling himself Shade. He had a goon that used guns very well. She and they have tangled a few times, with neither side coming out completely victorious. On the positive side, her professional and heroic relationship with Firefly/Amiee has grown exponentially. A month ago, they completed work on the new cloth to use for superhero garments.

She had been mulling over her thoughts regarding the missing and all that had happened in her life since that night when she received a text from Penelope. A single word (help) with a location. Then immediately after receiving that, a phone call from her sister.

There was that rare spark of joy, that came from the deepest part of her soul.

“Wonderful to hear from you dear sister! I’ll be there in twenty minutes, yes, of course I know where you are! “

firefly-jpg.205996

Things had been... strange. The mystery that everyone was clamoring to solve... well, disappeared a couple years ago. Now, it was back, along with a good handful of people who had gone missing at that time. She'd finished up her Master's Degree in Physical Science, specializing in thermodynamics. She had a patent in her name. A patent! Me! Duraguard, the brand name was. Not only did it work for fireproofing, the carbon fiber micromesh worked about as well as standard Kevlar versus blunt impacts, and as well as the average "stab-proof vest" for stopping punctures. The goal was to make gear for first responders, but people had lined up to use it for... well, costumes for supers.

Amiee wasn't too sure how she felt about that - she wasn't a fashion designer, in any stretch of the imagination, and she was worried that the fabric would end up in the wrong hands. I mean, it was bound to happen eventually, but it was a far cry from making firefighter coats to things that could be easily hidden under clothes.

She and Vanessa had talked about it some, but she hadn't made a final determination. For now, she was sticking to making sure all of the Duraguard was made into big, bulky coats, trousers and boots so that the possibility for villainous use was minimized.

They had also gotten... close. Not in a relationship per se, but they'd done things that friends just don't do, together. Amiee didn't think about this too hard, it was casual, they were still great friends, and no one brought up any sort of idea about a committment. Other than a few times goofing around with CynDee, Amiee had been strictly team penis her whole life. Now, she was opening up to the idea that she might just swing both ways, and she was oddly okay with that. CynDee insisted that all people are innately bisexual, it's just that their personal taste in looks often determines who and what gender they find attractive.

Again, she didn't think on it much. She was making good money, had gotten way better with her powers, and she and Vanessa made a good team for their heroing forays.

Of course she wanted to go with Vanessa when her sister just magically showed up again, and just assumed that she was.

• Spicy
It had been two damn long years since people had disappeared. He himself had been waiting for Reed, so they could go on a date together, bouquet in hand with flowers that cost thousands, if not millions. When it was clear that Reed hadn't shown up, he had dispersed the flowers on his way to his second meeting, hoping that the flowers made others happy, while his own heart fractured every second Reed wasn't with him. That worry had crystallized when he had realized the other man hadn't picked up. Neither was he at his warehouse, or anywhere for that matter. It had taken three days to realize that Reed had disappeared- along with other superheroes and Mystification.
Felix was doing better than he was, but considering he and Reed never really saw eye to eye, it was obvious that he wouldn't have the feelings that had threatened to crush him. He had even made a friend from school, a girl named Lexi. Felix spent more time away from home, and he wholly approved of this, especially as she was teaching him karate. He himself occasionally went with them, as he wanted something extra in his repertoire, in case his powers faltered. He wasn't as good as Felix was, but Felix was spending a ton more time over there than he was. The teen had grown, and he was proud of Felix- the son he wasn't sure he would ever have. Though there was something that pinged the back of his head, that there was something, however miniscule, going on with him, especially as a few items just suddenly appeared, but they were high-quality items, not to mention that Felix had been just a hint different after that day.

Now that Reed was gone, he had treated this the same way- burying his feelings with taking jobs. He had saved a small farm upstate, and now had a bimonthly/monthly agreement to come to the farm and heal their plants for all the food and products he wanted to bring home. He had picked up more mercenary jobs, and ironically enough, he spent the two years mostly helping the heroes, although he took selective jobs from Shade as well. He had been playing the long con for awhile, and wasn't about to stop now. New villain, same schtick. Either way, that had created job opportunities, as whomever was left had to seriously pick up the slack.

Myst had put in him contact with Epiphany, a person who was an incredibly good hacker. Apparently she was smart too, from what Myst had told him. Either way, they had been in contact with each other, as Epiphany had wanted to hire him to be her bodyguard. She had disappeared along with the others, abruptly stopping the email chain while they were discussing price. There had been nothing for two years, until a strange email had appeared in his inbox, followed by a text, the natural answer that would have come from their negotiations. He had stared, blinking at the message that he had forgotten about, the meaning soon hitting him square in the face. If Epiphany was back, then maybe Mystification was back as well. His stupid, treacherous heart swelled with joy. Reed didn't leave him forever, the way everyone else had, except for Felix. With that, he responded to Epiphany, soon after texting Felix before running away. His nice, relaxing walk around the block was ruined when he dived towards a tree, disappearing without a trace.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Michale CS

• According to Plan
Reactions: Michale CS
Simon Williams

Simon had a day shift for a change. Busy delivering for a sandwich shop today. He had finished his degree in police science several months back now. He was trying to take some time and enjoy life before signing up to the NYPD. Mathew Harris had set him up with an identity, several months of training to update him on sixty-five years of not being around. Further physical training to learn how to use his super strength. They were able to connect him with his family fortune, it had been in his younger brother’s care, said brother had died only a year before. He wasn’t rich, but he had enough to be comfortable for the rest of his life. So, he had taken up deliveries. The sandwich shop was good, the owners nice. It was comfortable and it occupied some time so he could think. He lived in an apartment across the street from a local bar. Occasionally doing a night’s work for them if things got busy.

While he was in college, his hyperactive friend Mathew disappeared along with several others around town, some, including Mathew from this very bar. That was more the two years ago now. Physically, he really didn’t need to eat much. But he still enjoyed the taste. The fish and chips here at the Nook was his favorite. Quite suddenly, a sizeable group appeared out of thin air. He recognized Mathew and gave him a little wave. This was going to be an interesting night.

For the people appearing, Simon is in a booth with a tablet, an ice tea & a plate of fish and chips. He's a tall young white guy, about 6'4", athletic build, clean shaven with dark glasses on.

October 31st - 2020 – The Nook, NYC

As she took back a chug from drink number—unsure, she felt a violent feeling of nausea come over her. Looking down at the liquid then up at the bartender, her vision flickered, and her body tingled. She didn’t think she had that much to drink… “I’ll take the bottle.” She motioned and took hold of it from the bartender just in time. She couldn’t really describe what had happened, how or why, but soon Anastasia found herself falling for a brief moment. A loud thunk was quick to follow as her bottom collided with a solid floor. The splash of whiskey on her chest had her looking down at her shirt and the bottle before looking up as she tried her damnedest to fight the intense urge to vomit. Her attention came up to her surroundings, brows furrowing, eyes narrowing as she looked around and turned to stumble up to her feet. “…What…” She muttered to herself, her head turning left then right, bad idea she thought as it added to the uncomfortable sensation coursing through her body. Looking up and around, her eyes landed on some familiar faces and figures. Eventually the realization of where she was coming across her features. “Oh no…no, no, no, no, no…” Ana shook her head ever so slightly.

Why am I at The Nook…? she thought.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
INTERACTIONS:

ANASTASIA
N/A

MENTIONS:

Everyone...vaguely...

Time: October 31st, 2020

Layla Jones/Mystification

Layla knew that staying here would be a mistake. She had been careless, she knew this.

So many loose ends she had left.

Paper trails.

Emails.

People who had met her in person. People like Nicholas Harris, Garrett Gunn and Icarus.

Hell, she had left so many Broadway references that she was surprised John didn't figure it out.

But mostly importantly, she let that little narc Jonas know her identity.

She had never been the one in control.

Sure there has always been the case recreations.

It was supposed to be easy to get them to stop them.

But in some ways, she overestimated and underestimated her adversaries.

While Warren had been a good distraction, they had taken him down too fast.

And the other problem came in what they choose to focus on.

Getting the case files, making sure every piece, every bit of evidence was there.

Sure she hadn't made it easy to get the files, but nobody had bothered to do the simple thing.

The easiest thing to do.

Find out the why.

What purpose did recreating these cases do?

And if they had looked at the bigger picture,questioned just one of the people she recruited and the thread would come undone.

It all had to do with her brother.

The collateral laws had literally killed him.

Every single glitch, every loophole had been used.

He had died....But yet.....

There was someone in this room who looked like him.

But if he was alive, was everything for nothing?

It couldn't be for nothing. The laws had always been broken.

Always.

But then again..........when it came down to it, no matter what happened in this world....

There was always collateral to pay.​

Time: October 31st, 2020

Jonas Harris

Jonas felt it seconds before it happened.

Another reality glitch.

A man who had been sitting at the bar disappeared, just gone.

"
Stop doing that," Matthew told him.

Jonas looked over at him and there was something on the tip of his tongue. "
I would- if I could- but I can't. I literally cannot control when or if it happens. "

"
It's your power- you should be able to control ....."

Jonas didn't need his brother to be so damn patronizing. " NO, I FUCKING CAN"T! I"M SORRY BUT I"M NOT PERFECT LIKE YOU."

Around Jonas, objects started to blip in and out of reality. " Jonas, I'm not perfect."

"
You may not be perfect in your own eyes, but you sure as fuck are to dad. There is nothing I can do, nothing I can be to live up. Hell, I'm not even the first 'brother' he made. I'm the third one. And no matter how much we acted or looked like you, we were never enough. Never good enough. We were never you. Even though you left me, moved on, got away, he never did. Dad never fucking did."

Though his tone had lowered...... the things were glitching in and out of reality.

Maybe it might be a good idea to calm Jonas down ( or knock him unconcious) to stop before the entire bar was sucked into another giant glitch

@Huntress @Minerva @slifer