Coldpine - Mystery | Drama | Romance | Slice of Death

O

OppositeInverse

Original poster
COLDPINE, USA

Coldpine3.jpg

There has been a suicide. Not one of those tragic random ones that you see on the news, to experience a brief moment of sadness before carrying on about your day. No, this one hits hard. This one hurts. A sweet soul by the name of Millie Wright was found in the Cold Pines, in which the town was named after. A series of seemingly limitless pine trees and forest surrounding the town that has a rich history and ties back into the medieval days. Millie Wright was a 14 year old girl with down syndrome, and was the kindest and purest thing this universe has to offer. So much so that even bullies among Coldpine would often stop when they saw Millie walking the sidewalk to make sure she's has a bite to eat and is taken care of. Millie was an orphan of an abusive father and alcoholic mother that left the town when Millie was young, the poor girl subject to beatings and assault. Her aunt took her in but died from cancer in 2015. So Millie was assigned to an orphanage, but was well loved and taken care of by Coldpine. And then that day happened. September 12th, 2017. She was found hanging from a tree. The girl who always smiled at every benevolent and nasty soul that passed her way. The same girl that randomly plucked flowers from the Earth and gave it to random residents, not knowing such a small act would save their miserable days. She wasn't just a citizen, Millie represented the light of mankind in a reclusive and secluded town. A town built on blood, past evils. Secrets. There are some who reel at the reality, but there are also a few who know better. That something else is afoot. Not one time did Millie ever wander off into the Pines alone. The worst crimes in recent memory were thefts, maybe domestic disputes. But this, this was a meteor to the community.

And when the arrival of outsiders hits the town, a moving flux of revealing secrets, mysterious anomalies, unexpected alliances, unexpected foes, and a town hiding more than just a city inside mist and trees, the Truth of Coldpine will start to be discovered. But, what side of the truth will be embraced?
  • Obviously from the description graphic themes and adult situations will be a big part of the RP. Suggestive themes as well. This RP will be a clash of drama between characters in a mix of alliances vs enemies, community vs self. The plot will focus on a group of young & notable characters in the town of Coldpine trying to get over the town's loss while dealing with a ton of other shifting things going on in the city. My idea was that my character is the new girl and her family are the newcomers and outsiders in town, making her a target of interest. I will need characters such as son/daughter(s) of the sheriff, mayor, even teachers or townsfolk. Of course you're free to play the older characters as such, or even your own characters, but the RP will focus mostly on the young characters.
  • Romance is encouraged to drive even more drama into the RP of relationships and loyalties of people and friends.
  • I'm thinking about 4-5+ people for this to get started.
  • Slice of Death is somewhat the antithesis of Slice of Life. The latter is meant to focus on everyday realistic themes, while the former is meant to embody the mortality of the individual, not necessarily through death ot murder, but through circumstantial themes.
  • I really hope this gets interest because I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I accept Co-GM's as well as players :)
  • IF anyone has any ideas/suggestions to add to the plot, or wants to play a specific character just be sure to inform me.