Cold Inside

~Character Info~
Name: Eva Schwartz
Sex: Female
Height: 5'8''
Looks: Venetian blond hair, slight freckles, brown eyes, good physique
~~~~

"Erin," Eva called out from the living room. She touched his cheek, gazing in his eyes not with pity but as if to try passing some strength to him. She pulled him in her arms and hugged him tightly.

Eva soothed Erin just by saying his name. He sighed then hugged her back, "I am sorry..." he said.

"Baby, I'm here to help. Okay?" She kissed him softly, tenderly. "You better eat something and rest first. Then we'll think of something."

Tossing the phone aside since he didn't pick up, he drove faster passing cars and people like nothing. Hitting a left turn and drifting a bit he came closer and closer to his house, but once outside he parked slowly and turned off his car collecting his thoughts and spitting his cigarette on the concrete floor. When he stepped out he twisted it with his foot and walking towards the house running a hand through his hair before reaching the door seeing all these people at the door and caught eye contact with Quinn who he smirked to and walked right up to the couple " You are Erin William Roberts correct? ", Vinny said adjusting his jacket.

Quinn ignored the cop, stalking off to her car. There was a photo on her dashboard of a preteen boy and a teenage girl with identical brown hair and olive complexion. The girl had eyes that were mostly brown with flecks of green but the boy's were pure green.

"Angelo." Quinn said to the photo. "We'll get through this."

Erin gave the detective a cold expression, "I am... who the fuck are you?"

" Who the fuck am i?...im the only fucking guy who has enough decency to continue your case even though it might get me fired " he said adjusting his jacket a bit more angrier and running a hand through his hair sighing calming down again " I dont think your sister just...dissapeared forever...and this has been going on to long and we need to stop this "

He stared at the guy then sighed, he moved slightly so the detective can walk in, "Come in..." he said his voice still hard and cold.

" thank you " his voice sounding a bit ticked, he looked at the house and then to his supposed girlfriend " im Machiavelli good to meet you " he turned and pulled out his notebook. " now since im doing a whole new report im going to need a story over again "

Eva stepped forward with those words. She knew how difficult it is for Erin to have to retell the story. "May I see some identification, sir?" She stood right in front of Erin now as if to shield him from the cop's view.

Erin sighed, "Its alright Eva I can handle this."

He shook his head reaching inside his jacket " she's right I should of shown my detective badge " he said whipping it open. " happy? " he said

Erin sighed, took a chair and sat down. He then took a sip of water, cleared his throat then began the story, it was like reopening the wounds all over again:
"Well my little sister Emma was always a sweet girl. She never made any enemies, never fussed, had plenty of friends and always did what she was told. Well it was just me and Emma, I was the one who had to take care of her since my parents died in a car accident when she was 7. But anyways I woke her up early so she could get ready for school. So she got dressed, came downstairs, and ate breakfast while I was getting her lunch ready. I guess she was in a bit of a hurry because she hugged me good bye and ran out of the house pretty quickly. Luckily I knew where her bus stop was at, it was a few blocks that way," he pointed left then continued, "So when I went outside I suddenly heard Emma scream... its sounded like she was in serious pain. So I ran as fast as I could to the bus stop but by the time I got there.... it was too late. She was stabbed multiple times in the stomach.... a pool of blood surrounded her and stained the snow. As soon as I saw her like that I bent down, took off my shirt and tried putting pressure onto the wounds.... Eva a few moments later followed after me so I told her to call the ambulance. She did then I looked down at Emma," he paused for another moment trying not to get emotional then he continued, "I told her everything was going to be alright. He breathing got really shallow then she looked up at me, touched my cheek.... then she was gone... Her arm fell to her side then when I looked into her eyes.... I knew she was gone."

" do you know if anyone didn't like your sister? If she was having problems with girls at school? " he said running his hand through his pockets

Eva poured some more water in Erin's glass and sat back down, taking his hand in hers. "He did say she never made any enemies." She pointed to a group of picture frames on a side table, one showed a younger Erin with his sister, both looking peaceful and happy. "She was a sweet little girl. But is it true that there's been a series of similar cases?"

He sighed rubbing his head opening his own wounds " there has been a series of this happening....i feel for you just like the rest " he said adjusting his jacket " but im tired of the same old cop answer, im sorry we couldn't find anyrhing, its bullshit " he said calming himself down " now what school did she go to? "

"She went to Akira middle school." Erin said simply, "But like I said, she was a sweet girl. Everyone loved her, she had no enemies."

" So no conflict's what so ever..." He rubbed his chin thinking " I'll go by the school and investigate a bit....you may join me if you like " He said sliding his hands into his pockets. " Have you seen anyone unusual walking around this area that doesn't seem like...they belong? "

"No there was no conflict at all." he paused for a moment, "Of course I am going with and no nobody unusual."

" alright i'll be here in the morning to pick you up " he said adjusting his jacket once more before turning around " Sleep good "