Cold as Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tasha nodded whilst he spoke, she did toss him a curious look before when he came to a sudden stop but he seemed too unfocused to notice anyway, so it wasn't of any importance now. So he's studying economics? She thought to herself as she took a seat on the sandy beach, not at all bothered about the fact that she might end up covered in the soft grains at a later point.

She frowned, "Hmm, that does sound like quite the predicament, but if I were in your place I would sit him down and tell him that he can't rope you into his path. You're your own person and while, yes, you're also his son it doesn't mean he can lay out how your life goes. If that doesn't work out well then... Uh, sorry I got nothing." She gave an awkward grin and shrug. Glancing out at her Shinx and Lucario who were still splashing about in the water, they seemed very happy right now which was good.

The brunette pulled out her other two pokeballs, "Almost forgot to let you guys out too." She tossed them up into the air and watched her Garchomp emerge from his luxury ball once again, a Vaporeon burst out of her other pokeball (a premier ball) and landed softly on the sand, stretching out her long blue body before looking back at her trainer and making her way over to her just to brush against her a few times before darting towards the water. Vaporeon was a water type so it didn't surprise Tasha at all that she would want to be in the water.

Garchomp just yawned and flopped down onto the ground besides his trainer, letting his eyes shut and dozing off whilst enjoying the warmth off the sun. Tasha grinned and reached over to scratch the back of the dragon's head, earning an appreciative growl in response. She continued to stroke her Garchomp, who shifted so he was curled around her slightly with his head on her leg, as she turned her blue eyes back to Zach, "Do you have any pokemon?"

Sitting down next to Tasha, making sure to brush the sand first despite knowing it would have little effect, Zachariah listened to, and took a note of, her advice. Talking to his father about it would probably make sense. He had his own life, and would do whatever he liked with it. Although, it sounded easier than it probably was. Her dismissal and shrug he barely turned to see, made him feel… uneasy, a sort of sorry. Did she feel awkward or anxious in his presence? "If simply talking to him, craving my freedom doesn't work, then there must be someone else I can talk to. Don't you think?"

Once again the focus of his was taken by her Pokémon. The drops of water flying through the air from Shinx's playful thrashing glistened in the sunlight. On top of that, she had two more. The Garchomp he had seen earlier defeat Rowe's Piloswine, and an utmost gracious Vaporeon. Their ferociousness, elegance, childlike playfulness, and stoutness, it was such a magnificent sight to him. How he wanted to raise one too. A small, unobtrusive one that doesn't require much care.

That was what he had told his father, every time the discussion came up. And every time the same answer came in return, "There's no room for neither big nor small in a dense clockwork." With a slight sad tone in his voice, his reply to her question almost made him cry. And combined with the sight of them having a time of their life in the water wasn't helping with keeping the tears in. "No. I've never been allowed to. No Pokémon at all, no exceptions. Even the smallest of Pokémon in all of Sinnoh are too time-requiring to my dad." For a slight second, a glimpse of hope, sparking in his eyes could be noticed, as he turned to her again. "You've been to other regions than Sinnoh, right? Have you seen any Pokémon smaller than those here?"

"There's always somebody else you can tell, he can't keep you caged." She responded to Zach's first question.

Tasha took note of how intrested the male seemed in her pokemon, and also how sad he looked when he answered her question about him having any pokemon, but the hope that was seen in his eyes when he asked her about the other pokemon she had seen made her smile, it sparked something in her, determination? Yes, that was it, she was determined to help this male find his own pokemon.

"I've been to many regions and seen lots of different pokemon of all sizes, one of the smallest I've come across was from the Unova region actually, a Joltik. Those things are tiny, and surprisingly adorable for a bug type." She gave a soft chuckle, continuing to run her fingers along the back of Garchomp's head. "But one of the smallest pokemon I've seen here has to be Budew, my mother used to own one, she's fully evolved now and as elegant as ever."

Tasha was slowly finding herself becoming more and more comfortable around Zachariah, so that's why she decided to say what she said next, "You know, if you wanted me too, I wouldn't mind catching you your own pokemon."

She stopped petting her Garchomp, who opened an eye to look up at her lazily before dozing off again. At this moment in time her Shinx decided to dart over, sitting between the two before curling up into a ball.

Sitting with his feet crossed and hands folded in his lap, he took interest in the explanations of Tasha. "Joltik, huh? It does sound like a very nice Pokémon. Although…" Hesitating for a moment, he thought about it. Joltik was a bug-type, as she presented it. He had never liked bug-types. There was little reason behind it, he just didn't fancy their slimy skin, their general body type and numerous legs. "Can- Can you describe what it looks like? While it does sound nice and all, I… I've never liked bug-types."

"Budew evolves into Roselia, and then Roserade, am I correct? One of those would probably be nice to have. We'll just have to see what my father says about it…" This last part he muttered, looking down on the fine sand. As Tasha began speaking again, he turned to her, something in her tone sounding like she had a forward offer. And boy, did she not disappoint.

"C-catch one for me? Woah, I… Would you do that for me? After you saved me back there, I kinda am the one to owe you back. But if you're willing to, then I thank you so much for that! Hah, if my dad sees me coming home with a Budew or something, he can't but let me keep it!"

Tasha grinned, "Of course I will, I would be happy to catch you one. If it helps cheer you up then I'll be glad to." She turned her attention away from Zachariah and to her bag, digging around in it for a moment until she pulled out a pokedex, "I got this from a scientist in the Kalos region, it'll help me show you what Joltik looks like. I can't catch you one because they one appear in the Unova region but just in case I find a way to get one, this is what it looks like." She stopped scrolling through her pokedex and turned it around so he could see the little fuzzy yellow spider. The imagine showed that it had four legs, each one tipped with blue and four blue eyes, two of them were smaller and positioned above the larger eyes.

Tasha closes her pokedex and put it back in her bag, "it's a bug electric type, but I understand if it's not your cup of tea, it's evolution is much larger and also... Kinda creepy." She shuddered and shifted, her Garchomp opened one eyes and moved off of her, letting his trainer stand up and stretch her arms above her head.

"Anyway, I do believe I have a Budew to catch." She whistled for her other pokemon and watched Lucario calmly make his way over whilst Vaporeon darted across the sand. The water type jumped up onto Garchomp's head, making the dragon grumble but otherwise not react. Tasha giggled at the two and pulled out their pokeballs, returning them before she scooped up Shinx, who had fallen asleep.

She thought for a moment, it was his pokemon she was going to catch, so it would only be fare if he tagged along, "If you want you can come with me, it is your pokemon I'm catching after all so I think it would only be fare if you got to see it first hand."

Zach noticeably pulled himself backwards at the sight of a Joltik. Not only was it a bug, it was a spider. If his relationships with bugs in general wasn't bad enough, he despised spiders. While this one looked oddly fuzzy and adorable, the combination of its four eyes and legs, and those blue… claw-thingies, made it just a bit too terrifying to him. "I- I think I'll stick to a Budew, thanks." Pointing his palms to face her to explain his disgust, he noticed she was about to leave, and started pulling himself up as well.

At the mention of Joltik's evolution, being only in the middle of getting up, Zach almost fell over. Is there something a spider Pokémon didn't need, was it becoming bigger and more creepy. At least one thing was for sure; he wasn't going to ask for pictures of one. That would most likely just result in nightmares or something similar.

Regaining his balance, he gave Shinx another pat on the head, being too late to realize that it had fallen asleep. "Oh, yeah, we're doing it right away? Sure, I have some time right now. I ought not to be home before sunset." He gave the sun a quick glance before following her the short distance off the sand, at which point he noticed all his pants were covered in it. Letting out a slight sigh, he tried brushing off it quickly, with little effect. That was no use. He had better things to be doing. Like following Tasha where she was going. "Say, where exactly are we going for one? I'm not sure we'll get too far before dark."

Tasha decided it would be easier to just return Shinx to his pokeball, the electric type would be grumpy about it later on but it was honestly better than having to carry him around everywhere. She pulled out a pokeball and returned the small electric type before putting the pokeball away and getting out her pokedex again, "Well, we're in Sandgem, so the closest place to get a Budew would be Rout 204, we'll have to pass through Jubilife City in order to get there though."

The brunette looked up at the suns position in the sky and frowned, "We won't get there before nightfall, so if you are coming you might want to pack a bag because we'll be stopping off at Jubilife city on the way, unless you want to wait until tomorrow to set off." She closed her pokedex and put it back in her bag.

Lucario shook his head a little, standing besides his trainer and looking around at the city.

Last edited:
"Route 204 it is!" Zachariah said to Tasha while joining her in looking at the sky. He didn't know the in's and out's of Sinnoh too good, and therefore was in no way prepared for what came next. "Through Jubilife? Isn't that a bit far, concerning our remaining time?" He said, gesturing towards the sun. "In that case I'd better tell my parents. And don't worry about supplies, I'm pretty self-reliant. Well, I think I am. I've never actually tried being too far outdoors. Anyways..."

Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a mobile phone, one of the particularly fancier brands. Flipping it open, he proceeded to type in numbers for a considerable amount of time, before holding it up to his ear. If listening closely, one could hear the rhythmic beeping from it, suddenly interrupted by a male voice. "Zachariah, where are you? Is anything the matter?" Before responding, he smiled and let out a light chuckle. He loved how his father cared for him like he did.

"Relax, Father, I am at the beach. A girl here," he paused, glancing towards Tasha, "who helped me deal with Rowe will now assist me in catching a Pokémon. I…" His following sentence was cut short as his father's voice returned, now considerably louder. "You're not 'dealing with Rowe', you're just making that up! Anyways, get to the point, who is this girl?" Zachariah now picked up a pace to a nearby tree, before leaning onto it. "Her name's Tasha, she's a trainer. We are going to Route 204, and I might not be home in a while."

"And what for do you need a Pokémon anyways? Do I need to remind you that we can't have some… some large animal in the house? It's cramped enough already!" Smirking, Zachariah started doing some sort of circular motion with his hand. "I've considered that, Father, and we're going to catch a Budew. One of the smallest ones in Sinnoh. Won't be an issue, I assure you." A few moments of silence followed on the other end, quickly shattered as a faint "Promise me you won't be too late". Another beep from his phone, and he clapped it together, putting it back in his pockets. "There we go! Just not be too late, and it's a-ok!" Zachariah formed a circle with his fingers to Tasha, explaining his phrase. Straightening his back, he looked her in the eyes. "Now, ready to go?"

Tasha offered an apologetic smile, "It's the quichest way there, sorry." She explained with a shrug before going silent to let Zach phone his parents. She smiled a little when he glanced at her and watched him walk off, turning her attention to her Lucario and petting the Aura pokemon, the fighting/steel type hummed happily, leaning into his trainer's touch.

She couldn't stop her eyes from wandering over to Zach every now and again, giggling a little when she saw the gestures he was making before turning away. Lucario was looking at her, lips curled up into a smile that made her frown, "Don't say anything." She warned the pokémon, who let out a snort and rolled his eyes. Tasha's blue eyes snapped back over to Zach when he made his way back over, giggling a little at the way he was talking and gesturing before she straightened up.

"Alright, come on then, the sooner we get going the sooner we can get back." She began to make her way towards the exit of the town, her Lucario following after her obediently. "So, is this your first time having to pass through Jubilife then?" She aaked, it didn't sound rude or prying, like she was honestly curious.

"We'd better be off, then!" Making sure she and her Lucario followed, Zach insisted on leading the way along the dirt road from the beach. In fact, he was getting somewhat confident around her as well, and felt little to no pressure in speaking to her. "I used to live in Jubilife, though this is my first time just walking through." Taking a brief pause, he remembered he knew just about nothing about this girl. "How about you, Tasha? You go to Jubilife often?"

After walking for a short while, they arrived in the main part of town in Sandgem. A surprising amount of the town was consisting entirely of houses, all connected with small dirt roads in the same kind as the one Zachariah and Tasha strolled on. Sandgem was a quiet town; not too many lived there, and even at that very few were out at this time of day. Tourism, peculiarly to its famous beach, was normally the main source of both noise and income to the town, though today was suspiciously quiet.

Zachariah thought little of it, nonetheless. He had lived there for at least a year now, and the occasional quiet evening stopped surprising him. Although, even if he tried ignoring it, something in the back of his head couldn't stop telling him something was off.

He turned to Tasha, walking backwards while he spoke. "Just gonna thank you again for doing this for me. I… I can't express my gratitude enough." Giving her a bow with one hand on each side of him, he dropped his polite tone and went to ask her. "Say, you have Pokéballs with you? Can I see one?"

Tasha happily followed Zach as he insisted on taking the lead, and as usual her Lucario followed her obediently, keeping his red eyes focused ahead of them. The trainer listened to what Zach had to say, "I've been a few times, although I haven't visited it as often as other locations."

Tasha looked around at the surrounding houses, she really should visit this place more often. It was small and peaceful, not to mention the beach was lovely, that was all you really needed in a town like this. She smiled when Zach spoke and found herself walking a little quicker so she was stood next to him, "I've said it before I'll say it again: you don't have to thank me." She then reached into her bag and pulled out a pokeball, passing it to him.

Lucario rushed ahead to check out the route and Tasha giggled at the fighting type, picking up her pace to catch up to him.

Zachariah looked over at Tasha now beside him, and gave her a slight smile. He couldn't help but thinking good of her. She was so kind, and Stretching out a hand to grab the Pokéball, he took it close and inspected it. The iconic smooth, metallic, red and white surface caught him in awe. "You know, I probably have seen far too few Pokéballs for one as invested into Pokémon as I am. Like, I have been to the Pokémon lab in town, and there are a few in there, but I've never really gotten as far as to consider getting one myself. Although, now that I do see one, I must say, I'm impressed. This is one fine piece of technology."

His direct focus was easily stolen from the capsule to the Lucario, he giving it a chase alongside Tasha. The wind brushing against him now, while running, was quite something else than the air condition system in the Center. It excited him, the city which now was his home turning into a blur, and the only thing clearly visible was a girl that only minutes ago was a stranger to him, the two of them off to get him his first Pokémon. The very change and development of events had him stop briefly, a combined effort to try taking all that had happened, in, and to catch his breath. He wasn't the most athletic.

The walk there took a while, but once they finally reached Route 204 Tasha let out a happy sigh, now it was just a matter of finding a Budew since they had a lower chance of appearing during the night. She began to walk and look around, Lucario at her heel and also staying aware. She turned around when her Lucario tugged at her shirt to catch her attention and the two seemed to have a silent conversation before the fighting/steel type shut his eyes and let out a breath. "Lucario's going to help us find a Budew using his abilities to sense other people's and pokemon's auras." Tasha explained to Zach.

Lucario began walking and she followed him, letting the steel type lead them towards a grassy area. A patch of grass rustled and Tasha noticed a Budew's bud poking out of the grass slightly, she hummed and passed Zach an ultra ball, "The pokemon in this area are fairly weak so you should definitely be able to catch your Budew in one ultraball." The brunette explained.

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the three arrived at Route 204, Zachariah could be heard panting heavily. Even if just walking, it was tiring, and his endurance wasn't the best. In fact is was around the worst. Although his shortness of breath wasn't what occupied his mind, rather was the surrounding forest. In every direction he looked were trees, reaching further than light could illuminate. If there was somewhere to find a shady little Grass/Poison type, was it here.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Zach attempted eavesdropping the short conversation between Tasha and her Pokémon, though heard next to nothing. Not that he minded. Not knowing what a stranger and her Pokémon talked about would honestly not be the biggest issue to him, especially not since she explained the situation to him seconds later. "Oh, that is so cool! You… go ahead do that, thanks!" he spoke in the Pokémon's direction, sending it a pointing finger, as a way of saying "That's exactly what we need" and "You're on it".[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With excited, yet careful steps, Zach strolled a distance behind her, keeping an equally careful eye on the patch of grass. And indeed, there it was; the Budew that just might end up becoming his. He pondered about it, for a split second, that this would become his pet; no, not just pet, but a companion, his ticket to freedom from his father's strict future plans. His thoughts were interrupted as he was offered the Pokéball, which he quickly accepted. "Thank you," he whispered, before realizing that me might just have been a bit too loud. His face turned shocked, and without waiting for if his fears were reasoned or not, he ran in front of Tasha, and tossed the ball in the direction of the bud. If he had scared it, then he wanted to at least try to catch it before it got away. Although, in retrospect, scaring a Pokémon, whose offensive capabilities are far beyond that of himself, might have been a bad idea.[/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.