2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science-Fiction, Science-Fantasy, Magical Girl, Mystery, Slice of Life,
Ever since the Old World died, the river Styx had acted as a barrier between Gaia and Hades, keeping the living and the dead from seeing each other. Made out of a substance which could only be described as pure entropy, only Charon and his immense cruise ship seemed to be immune to the effects of this strange flow. However, even if one were to fly over Styx, Cerberus, the legendary guardian beast of Hades would not let anyone across from either side of the river unless they were with Charon. A strange creation who seemed to be at all points of the river at the same time, Cerberus would always make sure that the ones who did not have Charon with them returned to their homes before crossing the borders of Hades. The only exceptions to this rule were the so-called ambassadors.

Ambassadors were people chosen by both Hera and Persephone, the goddesses of Gaia and Hades respectively, and their duty was to convey information between the two worlds. Such a burden was heavy, because they were responsible for making sure that both sides knew what was happening to their loved ones and ensuring that the two sides cooperated with each other. As such, ambassadors were highly respected by both the dead and the living because of their jobs, not to mention the fact that they made excellent negotiators. They often defused conflicts which threatened to end either one of the worlds and saw to it that Hades and Gaia always had the same goal in mind.

The brightest one of these ambassadors was Hermes, a man who had served so well that the goddesses saw it fit to bless him with immortality. Not only he was the best negotiator and speaker who ever lived, he was also a technological savant, an engineer who was responsible for designing many machines which are still in use today by both words. However, his greatest achievement by far was that he managed to fuse magic and technology together. While these two elements have co-existed since the death of the Old World, Hermes was the first one who managed to combine them in a way that they did not disrupt each other.

In the wake of this discovery, a new golden age dawned on Hades and Gaia. The Forge of Hephaestus was built across Styx to symbolise the unity of the two worlds, the Ikarian Wings were invented to carry ambassadors through the flow of entropy, Minotaurum was invented, revolutionising every single area of life… And many more wonders resulted from Hermes' discovery. Under his guidance, the two worlds started to bond on a level which surprised even the goddesses themselves, not to mention that people started to look up to him as if he was a prophet who heralded the coming of a new age. For centuries, it seemed like the golden age would never stop.

But twenty-five years ago, the cruise ship of Charon disappeared alonf with Hermes and a large number of other famous ambassadors on it. What is more, the very next day after this disappearance, one of Cerberus' heads were found on the Gaia shore of Styx, while the other was found on the Hades shore of the river, with the rest of the legendary beast missing. While this would have been enough to cause panic on its own, it was also found that Styx literally disappeared, leaving nothing but a huge gap behind. Shocked and confused, the two worlds started blaming each other, but fortunately, the ambassadors managed to keep the peace.

However, that did not change the fact that people wanted answers, so the ambassadors turned to Chronos for advice. Chronos, the ruler of the sky told them that they should investigate the bottom of the gap which used to be Styx, so the ambassadors assembled a team of scientists and descended into the gap. There, the team found the remains of Cerberus and several parts of Charon's cruise ship, along with the bodies of the well-known ambassadors who have disappeared. Hermes and Charon's body was nowhere to be seen, though, so a search party was assembled, but the only thing that the searching party discovered were the remnants of the Old World.

Amongst these remnants, the search party discovered the psuche, life-like stone statues which seemed to be growing out of the ground. When this was reported, a research team was assembled out of the finest minds of the two worlds, but not even they could figure out what the psuche really were. That is, until five weeks ago, a strange device was found near a lake at the bottom of the Styx Gap, along with a surprisingly intact instruction manual engraved onto the strange device's surface. With the help of the device and the manual, scientists have finally managed to activate the first psuche, not even realising what kind of treasure they came across. In hopes of finding out more about the psuche, scientists have activated a limited number of them, entrusting them to certain individuals.

<hr>

Players will be playing scientists who are studying psuches and the technologies of the Old World on the bottom of the Styx Gap, the gap which is now in place of the river. The roleplay will have a big emphasis on the psuche, exploring the history of the Old World and introspective journeys for the characters by talking to their psuche. Players need not to know anything about technology in order to play in this roleplay as most of it will concern observing how the psuche behave, not to mention that they cannot possibly be explained by the current knowledge base of the settings.

So why are psuche tools for the introspective journey? Simply put, the psuche are going to be based on the subconscious mind of the player characters, not to mention that they will have a telepathic connection to the players whose subconscious they are based on. As a result, this roleplay is likely to be very character-oriented, so it would require solid characters and people who contribute to the setting.

Now, there are a few questions I would like to be answered before I start this roleplay.

1.) Should having a psuche be compulsory for every player? Why or why not?

2.) What would you prefer, that you make your character's psuche, or another person makes it for you?

3.) As scientists, at least some players will have a psuche based on their subconscious. Would you prefer playing both the character and the psuche or would you prefer another player playing the psuche?

4.) If you prefer the latter, should players be paired up, or should the players be assigned random psuches to play?

1. I'd say no because maybe someone would want to play a weary character of sorts who isn't all that trusting of these new things or maybe someone just wasn't found qualified for one. Maybe you should consider giving certain people a Psuche over others.

2. Being as I have particular idea of what I want my character to be (I see it in my head), there is a particular way that I would want to play my psuche so I'd rather make'em myself.

3. Again, I have a particular idea/plot for how I want the relationship between my character and psuche to be played out so I'd rather just deal with the creation/writing myself.

4. L u so lame. <3 u!

I have to agree with Cosmos on this, some players may not want one depending on the character they're playing. I also agree that perhaps you might want to choose who you assign psuches to. Would the organization(s) they scientists are working for be choosy with these new treasures? I think they would and maybe requirements for them could be somewhat stringent.

2.) What would you prefer, that you make your character's psuche, or another person makes it for you?

Since the psuche is already existent, I think it might be interesting to have a few guidelines as to their individual behaviors or preferences if there even is such a thing to them. But since the "partner" to the psuche seems to shape them psychologically that could be something of a blank slate? Perhaps those mental characteristics influence the physical as well? Just throwing out some ideas!

3.) As scientists, at least some players will have a psuche based on their subconscious. Would you prefer playing both the character and the psuche or would you prefer another player playing the psuche?

I would prefer playing my own psuche, personally. Though I am a little bit torn since I don't know if I would be able to successfully mess with my own character's head in the way that might happen in something like this, I also think that other players who might be able to do that very thing successfully are also rare. So I would prefer to give it a shot myself!

4.) If you prefer the latter, should players be paired up, or should the players be assigned random psuches to play?

Arglebargle!

1.) No, though I'd probably have one. I think a person should be able to choose if they are up to making multiple characters (scientist/pusche).

2.) I'd like to make my own p

3.) I'd prefer to play both.

4.)if the player wants to be, that's fine, but I'd rather play both like I said.

I think if you provided some 'optional' guidelines for those a little confused/lost about that pusche would be cool. For me, I'd like to see your direction/thought on how the pusche are.

Also, <3

No. If we end up having an immense amount of players, or even a relatively small amount, there's bound to be a few that don't want a psuche or that too many to manage could be an issue.

I would prefer to do it myself, unless the person who was making mine knew my character well enough and could make a well-done psuche based off of this information.

It would be better if each person played their own.

(My Favorite Things- Desserts Version)
Muffins and Brownies, and Cookies with Ice Cream
Pies and Sorbets, with Fudge and Cake
Angelfood Cupcakes with a Chocolate Soufflé
I could just eat these desserts all day!
(Thanks to Zori for a few dessert sugestions.)

All right, the responses seem to be very homogenous so far, so I am going to start with what you guys gave me. The game will be launched probably on the next weekend, and I will be trying to recruit more players as time goes on.