Coffeeshop Crossroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honalee's chakra-sustaining tap-line in the tensor field had a massive impact on Tarjai's magic. It immediately stabalized the condition of the officer she was presently working on enough that she could really take her time to root out the most life a threatening injuries without losing him. There, massive trauma to the abdomen, and internal bleeding, as well as a massive cut to his side causing external bleeding as well. She felt a strengthening in her own chi as well, and used that strength to her advantage. With a delicate wave of her arms above her patient, what appeared to be a glowing rune appeared, pulsing with the healing sing, and enveloping her arms. Slowly she lowered her hands to the officer's abdomen, placing her hands just above the sources of the worst injuries, and the light seeped into the officer's body. As if in slow motio , the cut on his side closed, became fresh, pink skin, and all bleeding stopped. The officer, no longer shaking, took a deep breath, and relaxed. Color returned to his face, and as the Ju'unda moved to stand, he sat up, confused, and lifted his arm to examine his side.

As Tarjai made it to her feet, the air pressure behind her suddenly changed, and she gasped. A glance behind her, and she saw a number of mercenaries placing a cover over the demon. They didn't seem to mind her being there, and as she turned around, she heard Honalee's, "Do you mind if I have a word with George before he kills you all?"

A brief snicker, and she was jogging away from her first patient, and off to another officer in need. This one was shaking from shock and fear, and crying a little. It was hard to tell, based on their appearance if they were male or female. Maybe they weren't either? When the officer spoke, their voice was soft, broken, and strained.

"I d-d-didn't sign up...." a gasp of air excentuated by a small gurgle, probably from the bullet holes covering the expanse of the officer's chest, "for t-t-this."

She put placed one finger over the officer's lips, "Shhhhh. It's oh-keh. Ah know ya didn't. Yer chest be coh-vah'd in holes. I need ta remove deh meh-tall. Dis is gonna hurt, undah-stahnd?"

The officer frowned more, if that was even possible, and then closed their eyes and laid their head back, "OK. Do it."

She started to sing a song if soothing as she took a small scooped knife from her pouch, and carefully dug it into one of the bullet holes, as she placed her hannd on the officer's forehead, hoping to dull some of the pain. And the tendons in the officer's neck went taught with pain.

His mouth somewhat incapable of moving from its wolffish snarl, emotion that was not cruel confidence was difficult to register from Zetch. However, his eyes seemed to show him beginning to take into factor how very, very outnumbered he was. This became more apparent as a particular cloaking device, drained of power, gave a defeated hiss. Upon being questioned by the Avian beads of smelly sweat appeared on his deformed brow, "I, er... Well..." He didn't want to do this but he had no real choice...

Flint and morals never got along well. He often pushed them away or ran from them, it was one of the few things he refused to take head on. He couldn't help but feel sorry for the freak that was his brother, conflicting with his fear of his now unpredictable mind. He wanted to put away his blade and work things out, but he knew that was impossible. Flint was about to make a half hearted comment when he saw a look of victory enter Zetch's eyes just before his body disappeared.

Flint ears immediately strained until they hurt, he found the sound of light footsteps and swung. Bubbling grey flew out of what seemed to be thin air, but as he was returning to visiblity Zetch grasped Celtic's head, instantly stopping Flint's assault. The abomination stood, his eyes showed pain and parts of his body had black spikes poking out now, bleeding along with a gash to his side. He lifted up Celtic by the head and extended a crooked blade from his other hand to be pressed up against the Druid's throat. "Alright," Zetch panted, "You forced me to divert power from my stability processors, I feel like hell now, nothing compared to how the kid will feel if any of you move."

Baylen watched, a pit entering his stomach as Flint death stared down his brother as Zetch said, "Brother. Your going to get the human, come back here, and we'll teleport out. I won't harm the kid so long as you do this and only this." Celtic was clawing at his fingers, repeating desperately, "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it, please Flint please..." The human watched as Flint's hand slowly drifted down and reverted, the rage in his eyes replaced by nothing more then a grim look.

The Sickle approached Baylen as he tried to shuffle away, but suddenly he felt the back of his head get grasped and slammed onto the counter with the sound of a gunshot he heard before blacking out. The force was that of all the boiling fury that Flint was swallowing down and he took a second to look at the now limp and unconscious Balen before dragging him over to Zetch.

"Well that's all folks." Zetch croaked out before his helmet snapped shut, he said two simple words: "Got 'em." And threw a screaming Celtic onto the floor molments before he, Flint, and Baylen disappeared with a small flash of light and a short hissing sound. The Sickle looked to the floor, merely mouthing 'I'm sorry' for lack of anything better to say. The blind boy he left knew he was gone and remained still, face down on the floor, like a corpse.

A message met the murderer's ears and he refuted, "That's victory you sme-" And he didn't get to finish speaking because he went limp with a loud crack. His body crumpled to the ground with his weapon as it let out a disbelieving last breath.

The mercenaries all looked over to Honalee, a silence passed between them before one finally spoke up. "I don't think we can let you..." Then they all received a message, "It is done. Thus I have no use for you now." And with a collective snap they all heavily dropped to the floor, their knives tinkling onto the ground.

Officer Gundry came out of the crowd just to witness this, and he had to make sure he had seen it right. He tried to think of how to deal with such a situation but couldn't, and ended up simply lifting the energy cover that was on Al. He growled at the smiling pile of demon and spat, "If your still grinning you should be working." Now why couldn't he shake the feeling he was late?

"Son of a b..", Ella swore when Zetch body disappeared from her line of site.

When she heard Celtic's screams, announcing where Zetch had disappeared to. She swung her body in the direction of the screams, nearly bumping into Peet. Her body stopping just short of doing so, her brow wrinkled as her face showed great displeasure at the sight of the struggling Celtic. The conversation between Zetch and Flint made her even more unhappy. She would not only lose the human that the boss had given her orders to observe. But her promise to Flint was about to be taken into effect sooner than she had hoped for. She gripped her weapon tighter as she watch Celtic struggle against the hands around his neck.

"Peet, your Omni bit. Can it do anything about this? The object the human has....", Ella's voice held a hint of urgency.

Ella took a step closer towards Zetch, but when he produced a knife and placed it to Celtic's throat. She stopped and did not move, her Triton pointing towards Zetch.

"If this beast, no. If this, abomination takes the object this may not end well. It does not take someone in my line of work to see that he will not use it to make the world a better place." , she said to Peet. Her heels making a soft hush sound on the floor as she widen her stance.

When Flint began to approach Zetch with Baylen, she felt a tug at the pit of her stomach. "No".

The moment Celtic was dropped to the floor, Ella's body launched forward. She swung her Triton towards Zetch's head, she had every intention of loping the thing off. However, she was to late.

"No! damn it.", she had swung at an empty space. Celtic's screams, what now?

Cain kicked the lifeless body of the murder. The body's only will was that of what Cain's foot gave it.

"Just like I thought. Weak.", Cain smirked.

Al heard the comments of both Honalee and Officer Gundry, true he was very much alive. A little physical friction was refreshing and besides a little broken bones were nothing to get worked up over.

Al's body began to shift and move. The gory lump of a broken body began to shiver. The noticeable sounds of slithering reconnecting tissues along with the snapping of realigning bone emitted from his body. Finally smoke, smoke filled the area around his body. It invaded the cavities (nasal that is), of anyone to close. It engulfed his body with the sweet smell of burning wood until he was no longer visible.

"Oh my it seems things were already taken care of.", Al's voice echoed through the now thick smoke.

A pale hand reached out of the smoke flexing and playing with the smoke. Letting it curl and slide between his fingers. Finally Al stepped out of the smoke his body absent of any clothing. He let out a lung full of smoke from his nose making him look more like a dragon. Hhe reached up and smooth back his dry and unprepared hair. His eyes fell on the two before him.

"Why hello there. Did you all miss me?", Al's lips broken into a grin.

"Not that I care if you did Officer, if you were pretty I may have no problem standing here before you as such.", Al widen his stance. Before looking over at Honalee.

"Though you my Dear, I have no issues being as such.", Al red goat slight eyes blinked slowly.

Al had already taken notice to the lack of screams and blood. The outside fight had slowed to a stop. Besides being reassembled always had him feeling anew and ready for fun. In whatever form that fun decided to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Naked Truths...

The naked truth is sometimes hard to bear. Success. Failure. Success from failure. Peet. Officer Tain. Trepper. Only three of those present, with weapons aimed at Zetch. Or where Zetch had once been... this monster suddenly ripping success from his failure. Even Peet, unprepared, not knowing how or why. Just that what was going on wasn't pleasant. Wasn't good. Wasn't.......

At least they all kept their heads, no one pulling triggers again. Just their fourth "weapon" trying... missing. Celtic on the floor. Baylen, Zetch, Flint... gone.

The naked truth. 'Ella's question. Peet nodded, but only after the three were gone did he...

... "Baylen isn't lost." Peet looked around the room, at those left behind... even looked at a still unconscious Tugger. Officer Tain looked frustrated as he holstered his weapon. Trepper gave what passed for a sigh, a tired, disturbed look in her eyes, "shotgun" now aimed at floor as she made efforts to steady her breathing. Feathers, ruffled...

... "Is......." Trepper couldn't manage more than this one word before her eyes closed, head down. Yes, a hard day, and it wasn't even lunch yet. Naked truth... she could no longer see a future for her business, now that this had happened.

Officer Tain said nothing. Not with his voice. But his eyes burned volumes. Naked truth... he'd failed in his duty. At least for now.

For Peet, the naked truth was... gurgle... he'd missed breakfast, stained his shorts, and also missed just what trick Zetch had used to "save the day". Being Nism, his Free Spirit couldn't be put down for long. But being Nism couldn't keep him from feeling angry...

... "Zetch can't have gotten far... must still be within the local field." His toeclaws clacked heavily on the floor as he went to Trepper and lifted her head, her eyes opening at his touch... "We'll fix this. I still want my breakfast."

Trepper stood up straight as she hrrrr-ed, not fully back to her old confidence, but taking enough comfort, she went to make a fresh pot of coffee.

Peet then touched a spot on his forearm.......

-------

Honalee sneezed a little when she inhaled a bit of Al's smoke, her nostrils crackling with momentary static. She rubbed at her muzzle, watched Al's "re-assembly" antics with interest. Then smiled as she looked up at his face...

... "As such what, George?"

Her naked truth? She wasn't impressed by Al's nakedness.

The bullets were removed from the officer's chest one by one, and then the wounds were closed. Climbing to her feet, she moved to another officer that had been injured. the jewls in her forehead maintained their lustre, the antennae at the ends of her ears vibrated, and she made quick work of the healing.

All around the demon, the mercenaries collapsed. She spared a glance in their direction, couched at the smell of burning wood, and frowned at Al's naked appearance. She would be lying to herself if she didn't admit that she was a little happy ti see him up and moving again...but it was only a small happiness. With a sigh, she turned back to the wounded, and continued her work.

Her stomach growled a little, and she flinched. How long could she keep it all up without eating something? Would those strange devices keep her from losing it?

The minutes ticked by as she moved from person to person, applying whatever healing she could until finally she was done with the last. Letting her sing drift into silence, she sat back against the van, and sighed.

She allowed herself a few minutes at best before she stood on shakey legs, and made her way back into the cafe. At the doorway she stopped, head tilted, and counted the numbers.

"Der be some peoples missin'."

It was an obvious statement, and she looked up at the spot where the other was trapped, "You gun' leave dat one dere?"

Like a corpse. Was Celtic even distinguishable from the bodies that most likely littered the outside? He wouldn't know, those with sight would judge a corpse by how it looked, if it looked like a corpse they would shove it into a grave. Smell, touch, hear, that's what Celtic had to judge a corpse, if it wasn't making noise it was a good start. The Druid would have searched for the absence of a feeling of animation, Peet wouldn't be as energetic as he seemed just sad and limp. Likewise the sent of the person would likely be absent, Ella would no longer smell of the sea just the lonely beginnings of decay.

He was attempting to distract himself from the boiling in his gut. Celtic had never felt truly angry about something until today, and anger felt painful. It would bring him and those around him pain, it was fire. Since fire seemed to lay within everyone, it was impossible for it not to hide somewhere in Celtic. Did it sneak into his mouth all those years ago? He suppressed it for now and sat up, he remained on the floor, unsure of what to do aside from clarify things for the one named Tarjai.

"Baylen, Zetch, and... And Flint are all gone." Celtic muttered with a cracked voice, unsure if she could hear him. He was not aware that his branches growing thorny and twisted. The few leaves on them wilted and fell.

Officer Gundry shook his head at the 'officer' that Al called himself. "Trust me. I would only miss you if you had done anything useful in past hour, so we're at a mutual agreement." He then looked at into the cafe and his eyes widened. He shoved Al out of his way and ran in.

Almost everyone had weapons drawn and miserable looks on their faces. "That lousy punk." Flint must have made a getaway with that human, heartless louse even left his kid. He looked at Tain for some explanation, somewhat puzzled by how the two excaped with him in the same room.

The Omnibit faced a little resistance at first, but managed indicate that it was around fifteen miles east and three miles downward from the cafe. It was not moving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al smirked at Honalee, he ran his left hand across his chest feeling the new tissue. Sometimes repairing the body made certain parts feel fresh and slightly sensitive. Honalee's words did not deter his ego one bit. It wasn't a matter of not understand when he was not of interest. But rather, it was his way of learning of which tactic to take.

"As the weak and vulnerable state that I am, My Dear.", Al spoke to Honalee, giving her a sarcastic weak maiden look.

Al knew he was just the opposite, but what fun is there in always being serious and harsh. Personally a good game before actually taking his prize, despite which prize came to him first. Made it all worth the game.

" Regardless, I am sure to have a lovely time.", Al's smile never left his face he spoke. "However, I do believe I am bit under dress for the party."

Al snapped his fingers, still standing out in the open. The smoke has just about disappeared completely.

Cain's ears perked at the sound of the snap. His large body turned towards the direction of Al and the group. His hands slowly began to return to a humanistic state. As he approached the group, his eyes scanned the scene. He will have to call this in The Boss.

"Sir.", Cain spoke to Al. His body casting a shadow over the group. Cain took off his suit jacket and draping it over Al.

Al's body looked small in the giant's jacket. But it will give him some coverage from the elements.

"I shall begin clean up and send a report to company headquarters.", Cain rumbled before walking off to due his duties.

Ella sighed, she ran her fingers through her still untangled hair. This situation has become worse than she had imagined. Not only did she lose the item of The Boss' interest. But now she will have to make good on her word to take on a ward. Which in light of things, is not the worse that could have occurred.

"Peet, do you have any idea what the item is that the human held? To many serpents reared their heads today for the item. With so many parties gathering for it, there is usually two reasons. Money or Power.", she spoke to Peet, her voice returning to a calm and less emotional tone.

She looked over at Celtic, he had stopped screaming. However, his physical appearance suggested that maybe he shouldn't have stopped screaming. She heard him mutter the names of those who were now gone.

"Celtic.", she approached the boy. She reached out, the wind blew through the broken front of the coffee shop. The scent of the ocean heavenly filled the shop. After the long day, her perfume had begun to fade.

"Celtic, please do not fret. Peet said it is possible to track where they went.", her hands slowly wived through the twisted branches and thorns.

"Ignis combussit eos . Aqua munda et immunda erit . Itaque rursus liberum terra gloria florere lucem.", she recited softly. Her finger tips brushing the boy's cheeks.

"The fire will tire and water will cleanse the impure. So that the land will once again feel free to flourish in the glory of the light.", she cupped the boys face in her hands. "It will be hard at first, but you are not alone.", her eyes large and clear. A calm sea, with white fluffy clouds.

Reactions: Crono
Searchings...

Officer Tain didn't have any explanation. No training, no amount of determination always results in perfection. Not every encounter, Case Closed. Sometimes... the bad guy gets away. Sometimes, a decision is made, dice are cast, and everything comes up snake-eyes. Not a mistake. "Act Of God", if you will. A decision made on not enough facts. In this instance, far too many unknowns lead to a decision. Perhaps it would have been better if he'd pulled the trigger. Perhaps not. But Quayo had made a judgment, acted on it, believed it right. He was not one to shoot without reason... without good reason. In this case, he judged it better to listen than to shoot.

But then.......

Honalee didn't regard herself as anyone's "prize". And yes, she also liked a good game... latched on to Al for the sole reason he'd proved a gamer, as well. No fun, no challenge to game a non-player. Even more fun and challenging to beat a demon at his own game...

... "Dear George..." A jacket didn't cover much... "You're not under-dressed. To be under-dressed, you'd have to rip off your skin." She turned towards Cain as he headed for his duties...

... "Don't be a stranger, tall, dark and handsome!"

Then she turned back towards Al, and gave him her smile...

... "And George?" Her eyes glanced down... "You might want to put that away before you hurt yourself...."

With that she giggled, and now down on all fours, her tail's bell tinkled as she skipped back towards the coffee shop.

Peet?

Yes, quite surprised by the data...

... "They're fifteen miles east and... three miles down."

What surprised him even more was the quantum flux interference. Someone seemed to be playing with some very advanced tech. But the readings were unstable, as if...

... "Well... time to go hunting."

Peet ruffled fur and shroudruff feathers just as his sister, Honalee, re-entered the shop, very cheerful as she recovered her scarf, hum of a tune in her throat. Peet turned to Tarjai with a determined grin...

... "I'd much rather leave her there, but since you asked......."

He paced quick and sure to just the right spot, took up a stance, rubbed his hands in a pattern, then reached through the wall and pulled out the trapped... whatever she was. His grip, steel hard and steel tight. His eyes, as he looked in hers, very intense...

... "Behave yourself."

Through his grip, a pair of Omni Bits transferred from him to her, a quite effective means to keep her in check. Tapped into her nervous system. Peet wasn't in a very good mood for any more escapes or other shenanigans. Still, he kept his grip on her, pretty much carried her to Tarjai...

... "Keep watch on her."

Only after all this did he return to 'Ella's question and words, back to all fours, back to the counter to collect his property...

... "Yes... Baylen accidentally bonded with a Jiinian doomra. Money... power... lack of common sense. Reasons don't do us any good right now..."

Honalee sighed...

... "Reasons will come, with time."

A thump hit the counter...

... "Serpents is very delicious!"

Yes, Trepper had coffee for everyone... had her weapon on the counter and ready to go, feathers fluffed, apron gone, her whole body primed with determination and fire.......

Status
Not open for further replies.