Coffeeshop Crossroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A toothy grin spread across Tugger's lips as he watched Tarjai stand up to the officer's that were seemingly wasting everyone's time. What a bold and fearless woman! He jerked in his small seat though as he saw her exhaust her final storage of energy, legs wobbling and her small frame just about to drop to the floor. His reaction was slow though and he wasn't quite in arms reach of her to catch her.

Stark was proud of a lot of his accomplishments and abilities, proud to the point where narcissism was a fact of his personality. One of his many abilities was quick reflexes and it was at a time like this that they came in handy. Stark saw the small Ju'unda lose her balance after her fierce rant towards them, well perhaps mostly him, and he reacted quickly. He lept forward a few steps and reached out his long arms to Jai, wrapping his green arms around her torso and bending his knee as he knelt down to catch her, breaking her fall as she would rest in his muscular arms. His ugly, gnarled face was close to hers and he looked at her with eyes of real concern. Tugger glared at Gundry as he held Jai, eyes narrowed slits of pure envy and apprehension. While Stark may be a hot head arrogant sonofabitch he was still an officer of the law and took his duties seriously; this included to serve and protect the people. Carefully, he led Tarjai to the nearest chair and helped her sit down. "Calm down miss, I didn't mean for you to get all upset and knock yourself out." He did take this moment, once she was seated, to look at the card in his hand that he took from Ella. In his haste to confront her he actually hadn't looked at her business card in full and had missed her profession etched on the card, company included. "Damnit" Officer Gundry grumbled, pulling his large frame up to his feet. He pocketed the card and glared over towards Ella before looking back to Al, who was apparently not a shy man as he tried to take charge of the situation. Thankfully his partner, ever the calm waters, spoke to Al on their situation and how much they had handled thus far, giving a very thorough summary. Stark took note, as he watched Al move towards Ella, of how she held her hands on Flint and Celtic's shoulders protectively. Perhaps he could get the last jab in by hauling Flint's suspicious and notorious ass back to the station. A grin spread across his face at the thought of seeing the woman distraught over this. Thankfully, Al's advance on Ella, or as he referenced her Mirella, was short lived as he turned his attention back to his partner with further questions. Officer Gundry grinned at his last question and straightened himself up. "Perhaps it is a good thing you are here after all" he said to Algaliarept, buttering him up. He turned his red eyes on Flint and pointed his sharp nailed finger towards him "This young man has caused us trouble before and still needs to be questioned. He has already resisted us the moment we arrived." He looked to Flint and bared his sharp teeth with a smile of victory. He was eager to see how Al and his beast of a sidekick Cain handled the "difficult" ones.

At Peet's sharp snap Baylen jerked his head up from the Doomra to look at Peet, fear etched in his eyes. He looked back down as Peet's tail wrapped around his wrists, surprisingly strong, pulling his hands away from the pendant. Peet spoke to him saying "If it intended to kill you, you'd be dead already." Perhaps he was right. All he had to do was keep it hidden for now until this situation was over. Then he could figure out what to do from there. "And you still owe me breakfast…" Peet said, trying to lighten the mood. A bead of sweat was rolling down his temple. He was not in any mood for joking around. But panicking was not in his best interest so he inhaled a heavy breath and exhaled softly, forcing himself to regain his composure. "Ok, ok...you're right, I guess." He pulled his boxer shorts down and pulled up his pants, securing them in place. He looked down to his thigh and saw a faint glow still emanating from the pendant through his clothing. "Peet, you can still see it." He said with concern, looking up to the Nism, eyes noticing in a quick moment how rather naked he was in reality, before looking around the restroom for anything that could help. He grabbed some paper towels and stuffed them in to his pocket. They seemed to have subdued the glow for now though, if one looked closely, his pocket now seemed to be obviously full of something. He rested his hand over it, trying to make his stance look casual while he hid the small bulge in his pants, then looked back up to Peet. "So, uh...do you really have to go to the bathroom? Because we should probably get back out there." Time was ticking and if they didn't return back to the cafe lobby soon the officer's would come looking for them.

She grumbled a little as the officer lifted her up and deposited her in a chair. As he looked at the card and swore, an eyebrow lifted and she looked a little at the card as well. Domyouji.....not a name she'd heard before, but judging by the group of people that'd just barged in and the officer's collective reactions-that and the suspicious character meandering about eying some individuals predatorily-she assumed it was something important. In fact, the way the merwoman was protecting the two younger individuals from Al-who smelled suspiciously of the demons she'd met back home-spoke measures for how big things had actually gotten. But Jai was not even close to understanding why. Exhausted, perturbed, and more than a little thirsty, she sighed, and nodded at officer Gundry, then slouched in the seat.

Since there was nothing she could, or had to be doing for the moment, she took til he time to close her eyes, and catch some sleep.

• Love
Reactions: Blox
Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Star...

The more this "Al" talked, the more Officer Tain felt this desire to bite something. To chew and chew until all the flavor was gone, just so he could spit it out. But this desire did not perturb his professionalism. So, he remained calm and civil, even though he itched to kill something. Not often he felt this way, but Al appeared to cause that effect on people. Officer Tain felt sure of this evaluation...

... "There are two, a Nism and a human, presently occupied in the facilities. They should be out shortly." Quayo gave Al a very intent stare, then licked the end of his snout... "My partner and I have only just started our interviews... you arrived quite swiftly." A slight smile, as he turned a look over his shoulder, a twist of body, to examine his tail... "So swiftly, I'm surprised I don't have your boot-print on my tail... as for your partner, I'm sure he's capable, but I'm also sure his efforts will not be needed."

Meanwhile.......

Finally, Baylen calmed. Still evidently worried, but no longer on the "freak-out" list. Which was good, because...

... "Yeah, I really do need to pee...." And yeah, fur, in a male Nism's case, didn't help to cover "the goods". Just the fact Peet's "goods" didn't, ummm, dangle, kept his maleness from being overtly blatant. Though it would still be very hard not to notice...

... *tinkle tinkle*...

Having spoken his need, Peet went about it without preamble, released Baylen's hands, posed himself just so over the nearest urinal, and... heh... "let loose". Though the sound was less tinkle and more whiiiiz! ... accompanied by a hummed lullaby his mother had used to soothe him and his sister when they were little. Then...

... "If you have to go, better do it now... might not have time, later."

Heh. With that said, and his "business" done (*sound of toilet auto-flushing*)... no, Baylen still had a serious problem... well, Peet went to the sink and washed his hands. Even though he hadn't needed to touch anything. Then his own use of paper towels, check of teeth in mirror, with ruffle of mane, flare of shroudruff... yes, he was done here.

But was Baylen done?

• Love
Outside the cafe and across the street a figure leaned against a building. It wore a terribly ripped and damaged cloak that was dull red like a brick. Its head was rapped up in raven black fabric, shadows hiding its face. Despite this its eyes emanated a soft orange glow, showing that it had several. It was easy to see that it was looking into the cafe, the now open door giving whoever it was a good view in, but the queer situation stopped it from seeming suspicious. To all but one.

Flint had spotted him just before the baldy filled up the door, causing him to quickly turn from it. He was looking at a small mirror hanging on the wall that separated the costumers from the kitchen. That was him all right, Flint would never forget him. Oh, that horrible sound the bone made... He wasn't leaving, not good, not good at all. The creep in the suit didn't close the door either, fuck. "Someone shut the door. I hate drafts."

Flint payed close attention to the conversations behind him, his pointed ears raised and alert. Algaliarept, could he please have a longer name? He felt the bastard come up behind him and the urge to slam a coffee mug onto his head rose quickly. Ella placed her hands onto his and Celtic's shoulders, good thing because as soon as the louse started his little spark the little druid almost jumped out of his chair. If he could Flint would have given Al a formal meeting with the cafe floor, however the door wasn't closed yet.

Officer Bob was quick to tell Al that Flint had blatantly resisted them. News flash: you resist if they didn't ask you anything- Wait, YOUNG?! His only hand formed into a fist and pounded against the counter, the tone was one of explosive fury just barely contained. He didn't turn, but his eyes once again dripped and burned. "Listen closely you sad excuse for a police man. 'Young' was when I owned a construction company and could provide for myself and the people I cared about. It was before my life was stolen from under me and I had to go and help save all your asses from being invaded or killed. It was before I was captured and had my hand sawn slowly off to make me break. So many years have been taken off my life that any youth I've ever had has left me. So call me maggot, call me bastard, don't EVER call me young."

Fire. No matter where Celtic went it found him. Wasn't once enough? Apparently not, because not only did he sense it when Al came dangerously close, he felt it in Flint's words. Poor Flint. There was too much fire in this world, so many people were burned so badly that they could never heal. They could only learn to ignore the pain.

Al grinned at the Officer. He wasn't to pleased with individuals being so close to Ella. This had nothing to do with the orders given to him by the Boss. Rather it was his own possessiveness, he enjoyed collecting things that he found interesting. In fact if the little druid wasn't sitting so close to his hopeful future toy he would attempt to collect the boy too. But at last, the dear Ella said not to touch. So he was inclined to follow her orders until the Boss says other wise. She currently out ranked him and perhaps one day the Boss will get bored of her. It is then that he could request for her and place her in his own personally made aquarium.

Al shook his head, bring himself back from his fantasy.

"It would appear that you can't catch a break, Officer.", he commented to Officer Gundry. "First the young female and now this...male, have both jumped on the anti-you train."

Al returned his attention to Officer Tain, the Officer's comment on the boot imprint drew a little laugh. He picked up his foot and lifted his pant leg exposing a shiny leather expensive looking shoe. He blinked at Officer Tain and for a moment it almost appeared as if his goat like irises blinked as well.

"Ah, well if it is a boot print that you find it wouldn't be us Officer. In fact you would be looking for an Oxford print, that is when you have known we have been here.", he released his pant leg and stood straight.

"Oh that's right I almost forgot!", Al have a little spin/jump. "Cain! go find the bag and bring it in.", he shouted out towards the direction of the opened door.

Ella didn't have much to say at this point, she found it best to allow Al to perform his duties. After all, she had to perform her own. She had seen Baylen and Peet exit towards the bathroom. She had actually planned on following them in, but that was before the N.E.A. got there. Now, she had to sit and keep an eye on them.

When Celtic jumped out of his chair Ella looked over at the boy. She leaned over in his direction, yes Al can be scary.

"Are you ok?", she whispered.

She had seen Officer Gundry's glare and self satisfaction when mentioning how had yet to be questioned. Ella already disliked Officer Gundry but it would appear the more he spoke the larger the hole he dug himself. But that didn't bother her, she was enjoying the show.

Baylen listened to Peet use the restroom and looked around the bathroom while he did so. No, he didn't have any need to go and yet he wasn't quite eager to get back. His eyes danced around the bathroom for any possible exits, catching a window at the top corner above the sinks. While Peet was finishing Baylen moved towards the sinks, pulled himself up and grabbed the sill of the window, hoisting himself up high enough to get a look outside. Cops, the media, and black cars with tinted windows surrounded even this side of the coffee shop. "Shit" Baylen muttered. He lowered himself back down and hopped down off of the sink to the floor, straightening up and looking to Peet. "I guess we have no choice but to go back out there." If Peet was ready they would make their way back in to the main room of the cafe.

"It would appear that you can't catch a break, Officer.", Al commented to Officer Gundry. "First the young female and now this...male, have both jumped on the anti-you train."

Officer Gundry turned his glaring red eyes from Flint, to Al, then back to Flint, his thick jaw cracking as he ground his teeth together. He could feel heat rising from his chest, up towards his face, and his body shook slightly as he forced himself to hold his composure. His voice low and in a growl, he snapped back to Filnt. "Seems to me you feel like you have something to prove." He turned his eyes to his partner Tain and snapped at him. "I don't think you need me here anymore. It looks like Al and his friends have everything under control." With that he turned and headed out to the door, his patience worn thin and his threshold for public verbal beatings worn out.

Jai's eyes opened as Officer Grundy exited the building. She then looked toward Al, and her brows furrowed more. Yes, she'd exploded on the poor guy, but it would seem they'd exchanged one asshole for a greater evil. She almost got up, ran out, and apologized to the poor guy. Everyone did have their limits afterall, and he had helpedal her, wit out receiving any thanks frim her. She regretted her words, then , but as exhausted as she was, there was no way she would catch him. Instead, she relaxed as much as she could in the chair, and watched, and waited.

She looked over towards Tugger, wondering what he was thinking of all this, and hoping he was calm. His energy seemed pretty potent, and dangerous when she'd healed him. A cursory glance at the stool beneath him also spoke for his weight. The thing was cracked pretty badly, and continued to crack the longer he stayed on it. It was a marvel that it didn't buckle when he first sat on it, and she didn't even want to think of the strange magics that kept it together now. Though she did wince a little when a loud crack echoed throughout the room, signaling the end for that poor stool.

• Love
Change of Guard...

Peet was indeed ready. Also quite willing and able, though not particularly happy about events. Especially all the attention Tepper's place had attracted. But his lullaby hum while relieving himself had, indeed... heh... relieved him. His tension flushed away with his urine. "Free Spirit" in place, ready to see what Life, today, would bring him. And everyone else involved. So, used paper toweling properly disposed of, he sighed, shook his head at Baylen's window antics... no, no escape from this... then headed for the bathroom door. As for Baylen, he could follow or stay, his choice. Once past the door, Peet brought his ears up in alert pose, ruffled his mane... and dropped to all fours. This day was due to be anything but boring! So, might as well "play animal" for now. Let his "alien" aspects shine.

Because later, Peet knew he'd need to thoroughly lick his nads.......

Officer Tain, however, still felt this need to bite someone somewhere extremely painful and embarrassing. Though he did not consider Stark Gundry a friend, he did consider Officer Gundry his partner. Considered it his duty to put a damper on the big, green lug. So, he frowned when his partner headed for the door. Officer Gundry may have been done with this incident, but this incident was becoming bigger as the day wore on... he intended to stay, yes, he would, this time, let his partner go, just so he could do his duty, as First On Scene. If the N.E.A. wished to get involved, then he would watch. And report whatever came down back to his superiors. Yes... be a Witness.

So, Officer Quayo Tain gave his "opponent" a toothy grin... a moment of personal, almost Nism-like Free Spiritedness. His gaze dropping to his own shoeless, heavily clawed feet. Yes, like Tepper's people, Slee Tang had very dangerous feet... diggers feet. Toes that, by look alone, could kill...

... "I'm not much for shoes. I remember people by their smell, by what they say and do."

As these words were spoken, several things happened. The Omni Bit within Tugger, sensing impending harm to its "patient", suddenly emerged from the back of Tugger's neck... fweeeped!... then, like a Tinkerbell fairy, did its "magic" on the chair... just as Peet slunk in "feline" grace to where he'd left his backpack, zipped open a compartment, pulled out a "ziplock" bag, stuffed his stained shorts into it... stuffed said bag back into his pack... then curled up on the floor by his former breakfast stool and turned his intent attentions towards Al. Yes, he gave a very good impression of a wild animal in body and gaze, though the vest he still wore took away some of the uncivilized "bite".......

Tugger jolted suddenly as the chair beneath him was mere seconds from giving way. Simultaneously, the omni bit provided by Peet, escaped from the back of Tugger's neck, healing the chair just in time before it was to crack and shatter across the floor. Tugger gripped the seat as he felt it regain strength by whatever the bit had done. He brought his large purple hand to the back of his head and felt for any exit wound but found none. What did find was a memory. He gave a glance to Tarjai. The sweet woman who remained by his side, then looked back out towards the others in the room.

Tugger brought himself to his feet, feeling more clear headed then he had since the moment he found himself on the floor of the cafe. The memory was distorted. Pieces were coming to him in different ways, distorting the real time line of what really happened. Tugger groaned like a bear and shook his head, opening his eyes and looking at Flint. He clearly remembered this man attacking him with some sort of blade, or sharp object. He narrowed his eyes but stood still in confusion. "I don't" he murmured rather quietly in his deep voice "I remember...." he trailed off as Baylen and Peet made their way back in to the room. Baylen had an even stronger look of apprehension then before and Peet, well...he looked rather nonchalant. Curiously, he dropped to the floor and set himself down to his legs, looking more like an animal then an evolved species.

Baylen glared down at Peet who was now walking at his side on all fours like a dog. It wasn't fair that Peet had the ability to come across as nothing but an innocent by standing animal. He hoped the officers would see through his passive aggressive act.

Tugger's eyes fell on Baylen and a memory was blowing through his mind again. It was fast, unclear, but familiar and all too real not to pay attention to. He had come to this cafe to see this man. But why? Baylen caught Tugger's stare and blinked. He noticed the look of recognition in his eyes and stepped a bit faster, walking towards Ella this time to stand by her side.

Tugger extended his thick, muscular and veiny arm and pointed his sausage of a finger at the human. "You!" He snapped loudly for everyone to hear. His voice was heavy but the anger that he had arrived with had yet to return as his memories remained unclear in all areas. "I was here to see you for something. I...I'm not sure for what but I was looking for you."

Baylen shrunk back a bit but tried to remain calm. How the fuck was this beast getting his memory back? "Uh...I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've never seen you before." He gave a wary glance to the officers, noticing that Stark Gundry had left. He looked to Ella. She had given him very little grace but she seemed to be the most calm and collected of the group and at least she was willing to try his story at the beginning if everyone else was on board. His heart was beating fast again and perspiration was starting to bead at his brow. If he went in the hands of Tugger his life would be ruined. Not over. Not dead. Ruined, tortured, sold to god-knows-where. His thigh vibrated softly and warmth spread across his leg. He gave a slight glance downward. It was a strange feeling in reaction to how he felt, as if the Doomra was trying to console him.

Officer Stark Gundry walked outside to a frenzy of media cameras, microphones, voices yelling for answers or details to the events going on inside. Gundry raised his arm to shield his eyes from the lights as he made his way to one of the tents set up by his men. Unfortunately, his men seemed to be out numbered by more of Al's men. With a growl, Gundry turned to his officer in charge of the outside area and said "I'm leaving. This is no longer in our jurisdiction and I really don't give a flying fuck what they do any way. This is their problem now." But when he turned to leave, a thick hand wrapped around his arm, jerking him to a stop and forcing him to turn around. Gundry winced inwardly but turned with the forced grip, finding his eyes up to a man that looked very much like Cain. "You're not allowed to leave. You need to stay here with us." It wasn't a request.

Last edited:
Jai sat up a little more straight as the Omni-bit started to fweep, and exited Tugger's neck. When it pieced the stool back together, she nearly jumped to her exhausted feet. Then, she noticed Peet and Baylen exiting the bathroom, and a smirk crept to her lips.

"Smart little fiend," She mumbled, "heh, he sure knows how to play deh system."

Her attention was then drawn back to Tugger, as the look in his eyes became more clear, and it seemed recollection was making its way to his consciousness. With hus outburst, and the thick finger pointed at Baylen, her attention shifted over to the human, and she frowned. She didn't say anything, only watched, and remained prepared....for what exactly? What could someone like her do? She was overly tired, and not in the mood to deal with anything, so instead, she clicked her tongue loudly at the back of her teeth, and motioned for the large Jiinian's attention. Yes, his energy was very potent, and with the authorities there, the last thing anyone needed was another brawl. With her foot, she moved the chair beside her out, an invitation, looked at it, and then looked away with a bored expression toward the other denizens of the shop. Ju'unda communicated primarily through body language, and she hoped the Jiinian would get the message and move away from the human before he recalled something that forced him to do something rash.

Our mysterious cloak left his post at the front of his small building and entered it. It was a small curiosity shop, the owner was sleeping at the counter but you could never be too sure. With a descreet flick of his wrist a almost invisible needle flew out of his hand and into the man's chest. The toxin in he needle wouldn't kill him, it would just make sure the fellow's little conversation with his boss went unnoticed. He pulled down the bandages that covered his mouth, turned his back to the army of police and N.E.A., and placed a phone to his ear. Whoever-it-was had four large mandibles that clacked together when he spoke. The voice that responded was droning and metallic, cold as the steel that tinkered away to keep it's owner alive.
"Report."
"Found 'em both. Flint and the thief. The Jiinain bounty hunter has been... indisposed. Problem: Place is fucking surrounded with police and the damn N.E.A."
"That is not a problem."
"Hm?"
"That is not a problem. It is a lump will easily be ironed out by the planned possess."
"I don't follow."
"Everyone in cloaks and masks. If they disobey, don't stop shooting until they stop moving. Get some hostages. Understood?"
"..."
"Understood?"
"Y-yes. Yes sir."
"Good. Your squadron will be there soon."

"F-fire." Was all Celtic could stammer out. It was everywhere now. It radiated from officer Gundry as he grew flustered and stormed out. It stewed within Al's words, eager to to be freed and spread and burn and destroy. Flint still left traces of his inflamed burns, Celtic heard his twitching fingers hitting the handle of his coffee cup. Speaking of Flint he had become horribly silent after his outburst, the boy suspected he was simply staring into space. A fire reignited within the Jiinain, he had a name... Tugger. It was still a small group of harmless embers but soon it would turn back into the bonfire it once was. And on top of the cafe burning down with all these different fires, there was a presence of danger that Celtic knew all too well. He got back in his seat, hoping that the officers would do something, anything at all, to prevent the explosion of heat that was about to take place. "There is so much fire."

Cain's large bald head moved blocking out the sun. He had his sunglasses on again and his grip on Officer Gundry didn't weaken. He did not want to hurt the man, but the strength in his fingers were enough evidence that he would not let go if the man refused to comply with the proper order of things. In his other hand he help a black duffle bag, it was evident that were was something heavy inside.

"If you don't stay with us, there will be more problems. Orders are that you and your men are to stay here until given orders to do otherwise.", Cain's rumbling voice spoke like a good worker of the system.

"We must keep watch that the media does not receive a bad impression of the law system. So is ordered by your higher ups.", he still had not let go of the Officer.

A fragile skinny N.E.A stepped up and carefully took the bag from Cain. It would appear odd, especially since Cain did not say a word or physically signaled for the N.E.A to take the bag. Yet, as if the skinny N.E.A knew exactly what was needed to be done and was quick to perform the task. The skinny N.E.A. by the name of Joe moved towards the shop and placed the bag in the door way. He then turned his back to the door blocking it from the outside viewers. At least as much as his thin frame could block the door.

Ella watched as Tugger began to regain his memories, triggered by the reappearance of the Peet and Baylen. This is something she had feared would happen. Lucky for the human, Tugger had yet to spill much information on the events that occurred. Well, perhaps it was also a good thing for her. She has gain little information on the object Baylen possessed. So many people were interested in his object, either Baylen was very unlucky or he knew exactly what his was getting into.

Ella's eyes fell on Baylen, heat. There was heat coming off his body. Every living body gives off some form of heat, but this was localized and was slowly increasing. Her eyes traveled down his body to his pants, her eyes slightly narrowed. She didn't see the heat but rather felt it. When she heard Celtic, "There is so much fire."

"Yes, there is. I am not a fan of fire too. It burns until there is nothing left or something puts it out.", she spoke to Celtic without looking at him.

Al ignored Officer Tain's comment on how he judged individuals. He had noticed 2 individuals exit from the restroom but he didn't pay much attention to them. They didn't interest him, what did interest him was the bag that had been dropped off. Al quickly retrieved the bag and opened it checking its contents.

"These are essentials for the questioning and something for our Ella.", he turned to look at her and was surprised to see her eyeing the pants of one of the males that had exited the restroom.

Al body moved in a puff of smoke his body suddenly next to Ella. The slight smell of burnt wood seeped from his suit, Al was being petty he wanted the young druid to know he was near by too.

"Did you find something that you want in his pants Ella? If you need whats in his pants so badly I could always assist with that.", Al had bent down his face close to the side of Ella's own face as he spoke. He was both teasing and unnerved by this, his attitude towards Ella switching quickly from obedient worker to his own personality.

"Do not be crude with me Al and whose pants I am eyeing is of none of your concern. Do your job, I will tell the Boss about this if you don't stop being a nuisances.", she did not turn to look at Al as she spoke. Rather her eyes had moved away from the Doomra in Baylen's pants and now were looking through him.

"Ah! Of Course. His pants will not hold your interest for long. But what I have in my bag will, something made just for you Ella.", Al placed the bag down on the floor by her feet.

Al, stood straight his facial expression once again showing signs of being unfazed by the interaction he just had with Ella. He looked over at the two who exited the bathroom. Should he start questioning the human male. He appeared nervous and easily broken. However, when Al's eyes looked down at the other individual his eyebrows rose.

"A Nisan, how interesting.", Al took a step forward towards Peet. He was not within reach, just within clear view.

"And why are you crouched like an animal? tsk tsk tsk, naughty boy did someone sniff to much golden salts?", Al spoke teasingly as he himself crouched down on all fours. Demons had a way of making it look less awkward and more creepy.

Golden salts is a drug that had been on the street for the past 4 years, known for slushing the frontal lobe and bringing about animalistic or uncivilized behaviors in those who partake to much of it. Without harming the brain's essential matter needed for body functions.

"No, not golden salts. We are all animals in one way or another. Aren't we Nism? So, what do you have to say about the events that happened here?", Al red goat eyes watched Peet, there was to much awareness in the Nism's eyes to be mistaken for anything other than intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tangles and Jingles...

Peet wasn't acting passive or aggressive. He simply allowed his nature to abide, all fours being just as "normal" for him as twos. Just as easy... if not more easy. Smart enough to know he couldn't fool anyone in the here and now. Yes, he knew the look in his own eyes would give him away. Windows into his soul. Beacons lit with his Spirit. Clothing didn't hide anything from a Nism, so lack of clothing didn't stop Peet from being civilized. Not on a world familiar... very familiar... with other life-forms. At this moment, under these particular circumstances, he intended to center himself, to practice a bit of Zen (without licking his nads, at present). So, reason enough to just let it all hang out, to.......

....... oh, yes. It paid to listen. With such large ears, Peet had no trouble taking in every word. With such bright eyes, no trouble seeing everything, either. Including this Al person-thing...

... "Yes, I imagine we all have our... animal sides." Peet gave an "imitation" of his father's "famous" grin, as his ears turned back and his tail's tip flicked... "Keeps us from getting too big for our britches." Peet draped himself across the floor, then lifted a leg in "display"... "Not that I'm big on britches.......*"

Peet didn't get any farther, didn't get a chance to comment on Events Here. Because, just at the moment he turned his gaze from crotch to Al's face, he'd "lit" his forehead badge, cranked his "chakra" perceptions up to max, only to suddenly look surprised as...

... Jingle jingle...

... "You should be ashamed of yourself, Peeve!"

Suddenly there in their midst stood a young, female Nism... female not only because her crotch held just a ruff of fur, but female because her tail had a large, thick tuft on the end, a cuff of jingle bells secured to her tail just below it. Her neck, wrapped in a green and red scarf, wrists encircled by charm bracelets decorated with small feathers. Her shoulders bare of shroudruff. Her whole pose filled with energy. Her violet eyes locked on Peet. Who dropped his leg back down and looked suddenly both very uncomfortable and yet very pleased to see.......*

Officer Tain tried very hard not to laugh. Yes, he'd been surprised by this turn of events, but relieved enough, his hand slipped off the grip of his pulse disruptor. His desire to kill something no longer causing his fingers to itch. So... hand recently on weapon turned to pen, his other hand to notebook, report details forming in his mind. Eyes focused at the moment on Al, to note his response to these new events. Tangles now jingled.......

--------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: Alis_Audāx
Memories swirled in Tugger's mind, clouding his thinking like a deep fog over an over populated city. His eyes danced towards Jai, as she was becoming an anchor of comfort for him in this chaotic situation, and he saw her move ever so subtly. Her invitation to join her in the seat next to her was clear. Tugger gave one last wary glare towards Baylen before turning his massive body back towards his seat, lumbering forward to sit next to Jai. He actually felt embarrassed. As much as his memories were coming back he still felt confused and realized now he was making a fool of himself. He shook his head, as if trying to shake free to fog that might be trapping the remaining memories. He turned and looked back to Jai. "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what's going on. But I know" he turned and looked to Baylen, giving Flint a side glance. "I know I was here to see him." His voice was deep and gravelly but he spoke earnestly. If anyone would believe him here it might be her. While he knew very little of the beautiful creature he felt a genuine energy, a trusting presence that he yearned to believe in.

Seeing Tugger draw back and take a seat, Baylen exhaled deeply. Baylen looked back to Ella and blinked in surprise to see her focus on what one could only assume would have been his crotch. He saw her eyes narrow in suspicion as she glared at his pocketed Doomra. How long would she keep it a secret from the officers? Al's slick voice broke Baylen and Ella's looks, the two turning their eyes to the officer as he held a small bag. In a flash Al disappeared, reappearing next to Ella with a swirl of smoke. The smell of burning wood scorched Baylen's nose as it seeped through his lungs. He coughed in reaction and took three steps away from the officer. His attitude towards Ella was interesting and a history between them was being revealed through their banter, although Ella didn't seem to be enjoying it as much as Al was. Al's focus was turned to Peet, intrigued by his rare species. Baylen was grateful for the break of attention and slowly stepped backwards until his back hit the wall. He glanced to his side and caught sight of Flint close by. When he saw the officers preoccupied Baylen spoke quietly towards Flint, turning his head and eyes to gaze out across the room. "Get me out of here and I'll owe you. Whatever you want" he paused realizing he probably shouldn't give such an open offer after pissing Flint off. "I can get you gold or special items. I'll...I'll work for you for a month." He spoke in a low and hushed tone, hoping Flint could hear and understand him. Flint probably wanted to get out of here as much as he did and with that common interest they could work well together, even if temporarily. Baylen turned sharply to look at Al when he asked his final question. He turned his dark eyes on Peet, wondering indeed what he would say. He begged him silently to hold back details, just enough to get him and all of them out of here.

An interruption caused all eyes to be pulled towards the door of the cafe as another Nism abruptly entered. Based on the small variations of her body, including her voice, she was apparently a female....and pissed off!

The interruption was welcomed and the timing couldn't have been better. Peet was cut off before he could answer Al about what happened and now the entire room was staring curiously at the angry female Nism, scolding him with both a passion and fervor that still was encased in what could only be explained as loving concern of some sort.

>>>>

Stark Gundry glared up at Cain as he spoke, at least to him, like a robot. Sometimes orders were better broken but he could easily guess Cain was the kind of officer who always did as he was told, like a robot....a big bull of a beast robot. He looked to the skinny officer then back to Cain. With a jerk he attempted to pull himself free of the man's grasp. He wouldn't want to make a scene after all, since he just gave his lecture on giving a good image for the fucking media. "Let me go you idiot. I'll stay here, alright? Get your panties out of a knot."

** Flash. FLASH. FLASHFLASHFLASH!! **

Pictures were being taken by the media at what seemed to be a non-stop rate.

Officer Gundry gave one last suspicious glance to the bag before turning back to his officer's tent.

A dark cloak swiftly flew through the crowds. A strange movement among the rigid bystanders, a movement gone unnoticed by seemly everyone except Stark. Stark's eyes narrowed and he turned to the side, moving around another officer to try and get a better look of this mysterious cloaked figure. He saw a wisp of the cloak flutter between legs but by the time Gundry broke free of the crowd of officers, standing now with a view of the open street, media blocked off to the side, he saw nothing. No cloaked figure. No more strange movement.

His blood red eyes scanned the empty streets, resting on some of the shops suspiciously. "That was strange..." he spoke quietly to himself. After a few minutes of staring at the empty street side, Stark turned back to his tent and walked towards the coffee station. He poured himself a black cup, tilted his head and gulped down the contents of the steaming Styrofoam cup. The boiling liquid raced down his throat and down in to his belly, leaving a trail of smoke from his nostrils as he closed his lips in satisfaction. The hot liquid didn't burn him, rather was a satisfying warmth, and the heat swirled out of his flared nostrils. He would stay out here if he couldn't leave. There was no way he would return back to that coffee shop, not as long as Officer Al-Superior was running the show. A deep scowl set on Stark's face as he grabbed a pastry and his fellow officers kept their distance. Wiffs of coffee smelling smoke swirled out of his large pointed ears.

Last edited:
She didn't move, save to sit back in the chair, and slouch down with a sigh. Emerald eyes watched the demon's every move now that Tugger was more or less calmed down again. Her ears twitched occasionally, as she heard flashes of strange contraptions outside, and her nose wrinkled as the smell of smoke permeated the shop more and more each time Al moved. She could understand the druid-child's fear. Living in the grasslands of her home world, the Ju'unda were constantly worrying about fires during the dry seasons. She'd lost several friends to flames, and the smell brought no happy memories for her kind. However, the smell that came off Al was different, dark, evil, and brought no good to the room. She wanted nothing more than for him to go away. But what could she do?

A welcome distraction as the female Nism stepped into the shop, and she blinked at another of the strange creatures. This one seemed reproachful, and as she spoke patronized the young Peet, Jai couldn't help but to chuckle, as whispering rasp of a sound purposefully kept quiet so she didn't draw any attention to herself.

Then, Tugger's voice rumbled in her ear again, and she rested a small hand on one of his muscular arms.

"No rush," she stated, "it will come in time, and you may not like it. He may have someting to do wit deh state you were in when I arrived, but dat is a discussion you can have wit him at anuddah time."

Slowly she stood and approached the bar again, then leaned against it. She was purposefully ignoring the demon meandering about. Instead, she focused on Trepper, and as she leaned against the counter, she kept her voice low.

"Dis may not be deh time, but seeing as dis seems like it is gonna take a while, would it be ok if I had a glass of watah? I am a bit tirsty, me. And can he have one too? It would do him some good." She pointed towards Tugger, then, hoping to procure him a glass as well, the look on her face apologetic, and pleading.

------------

Outside amongst the crowd, there was one who watched the shop, and waited for an opportunity to complete her mission. As sleek and dark as shadow, with eyes that almost seemed to emanate an unearthly silver glow, she tugged her scarf over her gray face, and pulled the hood about her silvery hair. A long tail swished behind her, impatiently, and she checked the Com-unit attached to her wrist repeatedly, begging for the go-ahead. She gave a worried glance toward the officers in the area, but then disregarded them. Their presence didn't change anything. If they got in her way, they would suffer the same fate. Resigned to her mission, she grumbled softly, and settled down to wait.

Last edited:
The cloak sighed and put away his phone, replacing it with a featureless white mask. While onlookers could only see the blank porcelain the bearer could see through the mask perfectly. He donned it and adjusted his black wrappings back to their previous position. About that time a large white van with no license plate stopped in the road between the curiosity shop and the cafe. Out of it came five cloaks of varying dark or faded colors and sizes, but all with the same mask of piercing white. They were in a tight group with muffled sounds of metal clanking and some form of struggle radiating faintly outwards.

The first cloak, who for the sake of the readers I'll tell you was named Drim, exited the shop, hesitating briefly when all five cloaks turned to stare at him. "Can we 'ill?" "Only if someone makes a move. We're here for Flint and the thief and he wants 'em unharmed." "Net even deh hostage?" "I was wondering what that noise was, no." The rather bloodthirsty cloak swore under his breath and jerked his head to the crowd of law enforcement, which was beginning to take notice of their presence. "You first den." With that Drim began to lead the group of cloaks to the cafe, they looked like they were going to simply walk through the police and N.E.A. encampment as camera men and bystanders parted nervously for them.

Flint was getting really tired of Al's shit talking when suddenly his view of the cloak turned black. Slowly the sickle turned to see some skinny louse blocking the door, he was ready to throw something at someone right about now. He was silently seething, nothing but the burn in his eyes told this, could something else go wrong today? Because if it will he wanted it to be sooner rather then later. And then he heard his voice. He who had gotten everyone sucked into this literal hellhole.

"The fuck," Flint growled quietly to Baylen through clenched teeth, "do you want." He stared ahead as he listened to the damn fool's words. "You think I would let me and Celtic be here if I could leave? I don't know if you noticed you dumb shit but theres approximately thirty seven police and N.E.A. officers surrounding us. Not to mention-" at the last sentence his voice wavered but he was interrupted by the sudden arrival of what he could only assume to be a friend of Peets, possibly his girlfriend.

At the thought of a girlfriend Flint immediately thought of Chance. Ah... once this is all over he would have to pay her a visit, maybe 'play' some more while Celtic is visiting Doc. For a moment the tenseness about the sickle left him, he even smiled as he was briefly lost in a daydream. "Mon amor, mon amor..." He muttered, distant and loving in French.

Ella's eyes widen when the door opened and the female Nism made her entrance. Her response to Peet's obscene behavior actually made her laugh. She would have said something herself but it brought her more joy to see it occur from the sidelines.

"Well said!" she said to the female Nism.

"No offense Peet, but I am was not curious in knowing what form the Nism reproductive organ takes. Therefore, I agree with her.", Ella said to Peet her laugh downgrading to a giggle.

She was finally able to calm herself, regaining her composure. Flint words before the female Nism appeared replayed in her head, he had said something before that had caught her attention. "I don't know if you noticed you dumb shit but theres approximately thirty seven police and N.E.A. officers surrounding us. [BCOLOR=#ffffff]Not to mention-[/BCOLOR]".

"Not to mention....", Ella looked up at Flint. "What did you mean by "Not to mention"? Who else are you expecting to make an appearance?", Ella spoke to Flint her face becoming alert.

Ella's phone began to buzz again. However this time it is accompanied by a ring tone signalling that this time it was a phone call. Ella's shoulders stiffen slightly at the sound.

Al still on all fours when the new female entered. When his head turned it made an eerie crack, his eyes narrowed. The flesh around his neck seemed to impossibly stretch and twist until the front of his head was able to almost face the female. His body stayed put and stationed in its place.

"Oh another female, so many lovely specimens and yet I am here on business. At last that is the life of a working being.", some how he managed to actually look disappointed while in his head twisting position.

Cain simply watched Officer Gundry as he complied with his words. However, at this moment the disgruntled Officer was the least of his concern. Rather a heavy weight of pressure had been pushing at the back of his neck. His golden eyes scanned the crowd it was filled with so many media crews that it was hard to visually pinpoint any danger.

However, his eyes landed on a group of cloaked individuals making their way towards them. Cain's hands twitched, something did not feel right. He gave a signal with his hands and the N.E.A. were on the move. Bodies closed rank and a double barrier was created keeping an ample amount of space from the public line and the coffee shop. Not a word was spoken to the other law enforcers, the N.E.A. moved like a well oiled machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kith and Kin...

She may have sounded "pissed off", but this young female was anything but pissed. She just knew Peet had been "showing off" (like all males do) and needed to be reminded... about what?... well, not manners. This female was way too wild of Spirit to worry about manners. Just... Peet was fun to play with. To tease.

And Peet?

Well... heh... he'd spent his entire life being played with, just a big, warm, fluffy stuffed toy for his.......*

Trepper had run out of business to occupy her time, to use as a means to "keep out of the way." So she'd drifted back to the counter just in time to see a female Nism appear out of nowhere as she went from Unnoticeable to very much Noticed in their midst. The jingle bells on her tail marking her "sudden" arrival. Trepper smiled on the inside (before she filled her customer's need for water)… on the outside, said smile could be misinterpreted as her about to bite someone, to those not familiar with her species. Just like those not familiar with Nism could perhaps be forgiven for not understanding… a male Nism's pride in regard to his "family jewels" was not obscene. Peet was just using what nature… what his Creators have given the males of his species… to distract. And to make a point, in this case.

It wasn't like Peet was showing…….*

Officer Tain, amused as he felt, still felt something amiss, his instincts not liking what he'd seen, what he was seeing and hearing and feeling. No, his amusement did not distract… Nism "family jewels" did not keep him from feeling a heightened sense of alertness, especially when one of the witnesses… when that exchange between 'Ella and Flint brushed his own curiosity at the same phrase. Yes, let the N.E.A. take over, but no, he'd remain in control of his own destiny, thank you very much! So, on the inside, he remained ready to perform whatever duty this out of control situation demanded. Out of control, in his opinion…….*

Oh… ohhh! He didn't just use that word!

Most females would be creeped out seeing a human-thing do that "head thing" that little girl had done in "The Exorcist", but this particular female felt… Ohhhh, he's…

Her attentions now on Al, this young female Nism grinned a very toothy grin. Swiftly slid forwards (with a jingle of bells), then down on her haunches as she grabbed Al's twisted face in both hands and…

"You're soooo adorable! I just want to hug you and squeeze you and call you George!"

--------------------------------------------

Last edited:
At Jai's gentle and soft touch to his massive arm, Tugger felt his insides melt like butter. He planted his feet firmly on the ground as he felt a fluttering flow through him. He glanced to her with a wide grin, nodding. When she got up, Tugger found himself watching Jai eagerly as she left to meet with Trepper. He couldn't hear her request so he settled back in to his seat. He wondered if in the midst of all of this chaos if he was missing a deadline or meeting of some sort. Since his memory was impaired he had no idea if he was missing something or not and this thought created a new wave of frustration, eyes dancing back to the human.

Baylen felt perplexed that Flint, a seemingly powerful and trained specimen, couldn't even get them out of this little bind. Well sure, the outside was surrounded and that might cause a problem, but he didn't see how Flint couldn't come up with some way for them to break free. It was a matter of his human mind, not fully educated in all species, unable to grasp the various degrees of limitations non-humans have. To him they are also all capable of extraordinary feats compared to the human race and he had a hard time believing they had such limitations. Well, apparently they did. Baylen didn't appreciate Flints sharp and sarcastic words. After the initial shock of Peet's handsy friend's entrance, Baylen turned back to Flint and snapped back.

"Guess you're not such a badass after all, huh? Pretty worthless...more trouble alive than dead, hmm? Maybe they'll put you out of your low-life misery, down like a street dog." He jeered with a smug smirk, wanted to just piss him off now. If Flint couldn't help him out he might as well piss him off since he had the police present to protect him. Baylen glared at him, daring him to do anything but spit some words back.

He caught sight and sound of Ella's phone and watched her curiously as she reacted to it. He watched as she ignored the call with such a strain that it was obviously she was holding something back. "Are you going to answer that or not? Sounds like someone really wants to talk to you." Baylen spoke to Ella, prodding her. He was curious as to who that might be on the other line.

The squeal of the female Nism grabbed Baylen's attention. He snapped his head over to see her latch on to Al with an outrageous fascination. He blinked in surprise; there was not really anything fascinating at all about Officer Al...at least to him.

Jai's eyes widened at the grin that spread across Trepper's features-if a grin is what you could call it. She gulped a little, and backed up a step. She was fully prepared to defend herself if at all necessary. She didn't move away, however, and after clearing her throat, stepped back up to the counter to await the water she requested.

Her ears were moving all about. She picked up the conversation the Sickle had with the human. When Flint started off on his daydream, however, her attention moved toward the two Nism and the demon. He'd done some freaky thing with his face, but she was used to that. Demons could do all sorts of unsettling things, this was no different. A feeling was settling in the back of her mind, one of unease, and annoyance, and....was that panic?

She was in position, and clicked her affirmation at the com-unit strapped to her wrist. Just a few moments ago, she'd been directed to leave the crowd and find a vantage point. It was a simple matter. She found one just outside the coffee shop. Her quarry would start to feel the tinge of panic in the back of her mind about now. She watched, a quiet sentinel, as a group of cloaked beings made their way to the shop as well, and cursed her luck. With a series of hisses, gutteral tones, and the clucking of her tongue against the back of her teeth, she reported the situation back to her superior.

"Watch them," came the reply, "Watch them and use their chaos to your advantage. Then swoop down and get your quarry."

She hissed her affirmation, and a silent bleep disconnected the communication. She flattened herself against the tile of the roof, with an annoyed sigh, and resigned herself to more waiting as her tail twitched in impatience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.