3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
Genres
Scifi, Crime/detective, supernatural, apocalyptic, horror, magic realism, mystery, historical, Western(at points)
Oswin Nyguyen was your typical college student. She studied for tests with all-nighters, she drank probably tons of coffee, she went to parties. Which, of course, was a bit stereotypical, but she fit the bill. In fact, at the moment, she was heading down to the local coffee shop to get something so she could stay awake for her classes.

She had been to this place a couple times before, and they seemed to be the only place not to get frustrated with her orders yet. So, of course she came back. The less a place complained, the easier it was just to get her coffee and go. Also, it was less annoying, so that was always a plus.

She walked through the doors, heading up to the counter to order her usual thing. "Venti, half-whole milk, one quarter 1%, one quarter non-fat, extra hot, split quad shots, that's 1 1/2 shots decaf, 2 1/2 shots regular, no foam latte, with whip, 2 packets of splenda, 1 sugar in the raw, a touch of vanilla syrup and 3 short sprinkles of cinnamon." she said without missing a beat, used to saying this by now

"What?"

Isaac was not your typical college student. Yeah, he studied with all nighters and drunk an unhealthy amount of coffee, but he rarely went to parties and usually spent all his free time at antique stores and obscure movie theatres that played silent movies and original Disneys. He worked at the coffeehouse and had done so for many months, but this girl's coffee order was absurd.

"Could you repeat that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Was he new? He was probably new. Not one of her usual people, that was for sure. They knew her order pretty well, so they didn't need to ask about what she said. They'd just make it, and she'd be out in less than 5 mi utes. She had a feeling this would take longer.

"Do you need me to write that down?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

She felt a bit bad. If he was NEW, then obviously he wasn't used to large orders. This wouldn't be the only long, tedious order he'd get, she was sure.

Isaac nodded, his brows furrowing as he found a slip of paper and a pen and handed it to her. "Yes please. I've been working here for four months and yours is the most difficult order I've heard before. I don't understand how you remember it."

He took a step to the side so the other cashier could take the orders of the people behind this girl in line, gesturing for her to follow him.

She moved over, beginning to write. Four months? Lucky kid, he hasn't had a influx of 'white girls'. Either that, or this shop didn't really attract many. She wasn't sure which was more likely

"It's all about memorization over time. If you say it a lot, you're bound to say it right." She responded, pen scribbling down her order

"Or, you know, you could not order something that takes up an entire order slip," said Isaac sarcastically, but smirking so she knew he was joking. He took the piece of paper and began to make her order, frowning as he read her ridiculously specific instructions.

"So do you go to the college just up the street?" he asked. He probably wouldn't have recognized her, mainly because she looked like practically every other girl who walked into this store.

"Yea. Marketing and all that jazz." She replied, doing jazz hands for effect "Work hard, party hard, glorify cheap plastic objects because it gets money."

She leaned on the counter, checking her phone for a brief moment to see if she had any updates and messages. It would appear not. So, she put it back in her pocket, and waited patiently for the guy to finish. Thinking of it now, he probably went to the school also. He looked the part

"Well, I go there, too," said Isaac. "I'm studying English Lit and Theatre Studies."

He finally finished her order. "I have to get your name, for the cup," said Isaac, raising an eyebrow over her glasses.

"Put down Ozzy." She replied, straightening her jacket "Nickname, but it works." She paused "So, lit and theatre? Cool. My friend does something similar elsewhere, I think."

Isaac obliged, writing 'Ozzy' in his curly calligraphy he picked up ironically and now wrote everything in. "A girl like you -- I'm guessing you have so many friends you can't keep up with them," he joked -- though it wasn't fully a joke -- before picking up a piece of cardboard to put around the cup so she didn't get burned. He wondered if she had difficulty understanding his thick Irish accent as he said, "I'm Isaac Britton, by the way."

He liked her. She didn't seem as vain as half of the white chicks who came through here, despite her pristine appearance and lengthy order. Acting against his better judgement, he scrawled his phone number on the cup, beneath her name, and handed it to her. "See you around, Ozzy."

She picked it up, turning it around to look at the number. Then, she looked up at Isaac once more with a grin.

"You bet. Maybe even on campus." She replied, turning and beginning to walk out "Later!"

She was going to text him later. She knew that for sure. He was interesting, so it wouldn't hurt. In fact, she was sure it'd be a rewarding friendship. And, and if this was his usual shift, he'd be seeing a lot more of her, whether he liked it or not.

She picked it up, turning it around to look at the number. Then, she looked up at Isaac once more with a grin.

"You bet. Maybe even on campus." She replied, turning and beginning to walk out "Later!"

She was going to text him later. She knew that for sure. He was interesting, so it wouldn't hurt. In fact, she was sure it'd be a rewarding friendship. And, and if this was his usual shift, he'd be seeing a lot more of her, whether he liked it or not.

After Isaac finished his shift, he packed up his things and walked back to his apartment a few blocks away from the university. He wasn't rich by any means, but Isaac had earned a full scholarship for the university on academic excellence so his parents had put the long-saved tuition money into the rent for a small apartment. It was getting dark, so Isaac threw on some pajamas, jumped into bed with Good Will Hunting playing on his laptop and waited for that text from Ozzy.

A text did soon come from the girl, who was currently in her dorm with a textbook and her laptop.

223-4565: Hey!!!! It's Ozzy! Coffee order girl.

Oz leaned back in her seat on her bed, waiting patiently for a reply.

HEY. SARCASTIC COFFEE GUY HERE.

Isaac shot the text back, smiling as he saved her number.

So, what's up? Doing anything interesting or exciting?

That was quick. She was expecting to wait a bit.

Oh, nothing much. Just watching the greatest piece of cinematography to ever grace the world (Good Will Hunting). What are you up to?

He resisted the urge to make a snarky remark about how she was probably receiving a pedicure, but he decided not to out of fear of offending her.

Pulling a all-nighter to study for tests that I have tomorrow and Friday. Same thing I've been doing for the last.....two nights so far. Though they weren't all nighters, I got atleast 4 hrs of sleep on those.

She was tempted to ask what the movie was about, as she had never heard of it, but she decided against it

Well, then I should probably leave you alone so you can study. I'm not helping. The only way I could possibly help was if I was there anyway. Though you probably wouldn't be able to understand my ridiculously thick Irish accent in your current sleep-deprived state.

As soon as he sent it, he regretted sending it. What was he even talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.