2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Romance, Yaoi, Modern, Slice of Life, Omegaverse, etc
Muse A is a college student, reeling from a bad breakup/stressing over midterms/(etc.). Drowning their sorrows/worries at the campus coffee shop one night, Muse A encounters their professor, Muse B. Muse B is looking for an outlet to plug in their laptop and Muse A offers the one beside their table. Muse B joins Muse A for a coffee and they exchange small talk as Muse B grades coursework. As the evening progresses, the conversation continues and by the time the cafe is ready for closing, the pair is left with a desire to keep the conversation going. Feeling it inappropriate to "hang out" together off-campus, Muse A and Muse B make unofficial plans to continue their chat at the cafe the following night. Muse A and Muse B have such deep/meaningful/enjoyable conversations that they resolve to start meeting each other to talk once a week.​

Gradually, an attraction develops between the pair and they cautiously embark on a relationship. The pair must keep their affairs secret because of potential repercussions for them both.​

persona-5-kurusu-akira-anime-boy-cat-glasses-profile-view-cute-anime-20741-resized (1).png
Name: Charlie Woffle​
Appearance: Fairly short for his age, standing at only 5'3, very sensitive about his height. Pale complexion with black-almost blue-hair and blue eyes matching his hair. He has pretty obvious dimples when he smiles which makes him a bit self conscious.​

Personality: Quiet sticks to himself sort of person, always looks like he wants to say something but is too shy to start the conversation. When he gets going though it is like someone flipped a switch, he's talkative and bubbly when he's with a friend to someone he trusts. Always seen with a book or drawing pad on him, and never let's anyone touch either of them.​

Background: A fresh college student who came from out of the country in fact. He moved around a lot as a child so wasn't phased by going to college out of state. In college for general prerequisites at the moment since he's unsure what path he wants to take in schooling. There's a few people he talks to regularly but most of the time in class he is quiet, wants to do his work and get on to his next class. Has a cat in his dorm room, approved as a emotional support animal and paid the extra money to have no roommate.​

Last edited:
Name: Asher Varga
Appearance: Asher stands at a comfortable 5'9". He has a medium complexion. His eyes are a dark brown with green flecks and his hair is a sandy brown. He has a burn scar starting on the left of his neck and ending just above the shoulder blade.

Personality: Asher is wound a bit tight (that's what grad school does to a guy). While he's a bit on edge and jumpy, he always has a sort of weary smile that grows on you. He always has a travel mug in his hand that's filled with hot coco because he can't bring himself to like the taste of coffee. Similarly, his personality when relaxed is very sweet and almost innocent. He has a goofy laugh that he's embarrassed by and tries to suppress it whenever he can.

Background: Just out of grad school and on a tenure track for a doctoral position, Asher is a bit of an odd ball. He's pretty comfortable in his skin, but still getting used to the teacher position. No one really knows much about Asher since he's a new teacher, but he's making friends in the faculty. Still pretty young, Asher sometimes forgets that he's a teacher and often spends time in a coffee shop near campus.

Most people would be out having fun on a Friday night, especially when you're a college student living that party life. But not Charlie, nope this college student was currently sitting alone in a cafe just near the campus downing coffee. Now he hated coffee, absolutely hated it, but one thing he learned fast in college was coffee is the only way to stay up late for papers and such. And now that finals was coming up his blood was pretty much mostly just caffeine and sleep was nonexistent. To add onto the pressure he had just suffered a break up with his high school boyfriend, making it hard to study. They had been together for over 2 years when they broke up, and he used the it's me not you line...when Charlie saw him the next day with this girl hanging off his arm. Sighing he rested his head down on the table, just wanted to go to sleep but he knew he couldn't. Lucky for him the cafe shop was pretty much empty at this time, very few people came in here so he didn't have to worry about anyone sitting down next to him or needing a table.

(We decided this is set in a normal universe not omegaverse correct? Also sorry if this is too short for you :( )

Asher was in a frenzy with all of the papers and homework assignments that he had to return before finals. It was a typical Friday night in that Asher was grading. What wasn't typical was the location. Usually, Asher would be at home with a cup of hot tea and a pair of reading glasses falling down the bridge of his nose. Instead, he was in the campus coffee shop furiously typing away at his laptop with his briefcase slightly ajar. Asher was editing a paper that he was supposed to submit for peer editing yesterday. He was trying to publish and his deadline was fast approaching. Just as he was finishing up the third page, Asher got a notification...his laptop had 5 minutes of power. Asher quickly saved his work before looking around somewhat frantically for an outlet. Despite the emptiness of the coffee shop, there were no outlets available. Asher picked up his laptop and briefcase as he looked around for an outlet. There was an open outlet where a student was sitting. They were doing homework it appeared and not using the outlet.

Asher went over to the student and asked politely, "Can I sit here? I just need the outlet. I'll stay out of your way." Asher hoped that the student would let him sit there. His laptop was dying and he needed to submit this paper by tonight. If the student didn't let him use the outlet then he'd have to find another place...basically run around campus.

(Regular universe. No worries about posting length. It works.)

(Alrighty coolio)

Charlie sighed as he forced himself to push all his thoughts about his ex to the side and go back to furiously trying to finish this essay. It was so close to being done and as soon as that was done it was one less thing on his back. Not like that helped much...it was like removing a pebble from a mountain of stones. It was as if professors put themselves into full gear when finals came around, he swore some of them enjoyed the panic they caused... But alas, this is college life, and if he wanted to get through it he would have to grin and bear it..literally. He was so caught up in his flurry of thoughts he didn't notice the professor looking around in the room let alone start approaching him. So needless to say when someone started speaking to him he jumped a little and looked up to meet their gaze.

Woah...who is this guy? He hadn't seen him around campus before, then again it was a big campus. Remembering the guy asked him a question he was immediately flustered as he nodded. "Y-yeah you can sit here that's fine...I'll just move some of my stuff for you,"he started to shift his great wall of China of textbooks away from the outlet for him. He usually didn't like people sitting by him, going as far as to move away whenever people did. But something about this guy was...different? He couldn't figure out what but for now he didn't mind letting him sit by him.

(sorry for being MIA, I had finals and had to move back home)

"No need, but thank you," Asher replied as he quickly plugged in his laptop. He blatantly disregarded the other man as he typed ferociously on his laptop. He needed to get things done and submit this paper for editing. There was so much that needed to get done and yet he was behind in almost every aspect. After a few minutes of typing and grunting and head scratching, Asher read over the paper again and decided that it was good to be submitted. He sent his paper via email and let out a huge sigh. He'd been so stressed lately that the submission of the paper was a major relief. Turning with a gentle smile, Asher thanked the student, "Thank you for allowing me to use your outlet. I had an important paper to submit. Now that it's done, I'll be leaving."

Asher knew that he probably shouldn't have asked the student in the first place, but submitting the paper was a priority. With a pleasant smile, Asher started to pack up his bags when he noticed some of the papers. "Are you in Prof. Lawrence's class?" Asher asked. He recognized some of the hand outs and information since he took the same class in his undergrad years. With a glance, Asher could tell that the student was probably freaking out internally as the work always seemed to pile up at the end of the semester.

(That's totally ok! I hope finals went well!!)

Charlie watched as he typed quickly on his laptop, he was typing so fast the other wondered how he didn't make any mistakes. He didn't want to bother the man, seeing as he was ferociously typing away on that poor laptop, so he turned back to his books. The student was curious of the man, he was clearly too old to be a student, or if he was a senior student, but he wasn't dressed like a student usually would be. As curious as he was he didn't let it get the better of him, he was busy, it would be rude to up and start a conversation with him when he was trying to focus. So he stayed silent, reading parts of his essay over and over again, trying to find any imperfections. The professor is was for was particularly harsh when grading and he assumed that harshness would be tenfold for the final essay.

His attention was pulled away from his essay once again when the other spoke up, it took him a moment to realize he was packing up to leave. "O-oh it was no problem really,"he gave him a small smile, a little disappointed in himself for not managing to get a conversation started. He had already turned back to his paper when the man asked him something, confused it took him a second to answer. "Um...yeah I am actually, I'm working on an essay for him,"his last essay for him he cheered silently in his head,"Are you in his class?" Maybe he was wrong, the other was a student but he had never seen him in class.

"No, I'm not in his class. I took it a few years back. I remember it though. Dr. Lawrence's essays were a killer. Still, I enjoyed the topics and discussions in class," Asher explained as he took a closer look at the papers. It brought back a few memories, but mostly latent stress. The top button of his shirt was undone and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The simple grey button down was slightly wrinkled from the day, but still looked professional. It was tucked into his black trousers. Asher's hair was swept back away from his eyes as he skimmed the papers. With a childlike smile, Asher asked, "Does Dr. Lawrence still have the chalk policy? You know, if he breaks the chalk 3 times and drops it class is over?"

Asher put his laptop into his worn bag. The worn satchel was close to his side as he slid back into the seat. Looking up from the table, Asher met eyes with Charlie. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even introduce myself," Asher stated as he stretched out his hand, "I'm Asher." Examining the student, Asher wondered if he was a freshman or a sophomore. Asher had a feeling that the kid was pretty young. There was a look in Charlie's eye that reminded him of when he was younger...before the stress of undergrad truly hit.

Charlie figured the other wasn't a student but he didn't want to call him out and be wrong about it. He couldn't quite pin an age on him, old enough to be a grad student at least. And his dress...wrinkled from a day's wear but still pretty professional. "His essays are not the most fun part of his class I'll admit...but other than that the conversations in class are very intellectual and make the time pass by fast,"if it wasn't for the soul crushing essays he would enjoy that class alot better. When he brought up that little silly policy he couldn't help laughing,"Yeah he does! I thought that was so odd but I don't mind getting out early!"

Charlie should probably start packing up to leave but he wanted to continue talking to him. "Nice to meet you Asher,"his smile grew as he reached out to shake his hand,"I'm Charlie, short for Charles, but no one ever calls me that." Only his parents and relatives he wasn't close to called him that, it felt weird. He could feel him examining him, feeling a bit self conscious about how he looked a bit like complete crap right now.

"Charlie, you look like a Charlie," Asher stated as he wondered if Charlie realized what he was. Part of him wanted to say something, but he knew that would make things awkward. As he toyed with the idea, Asher replied, "Prof. Lawrence only let us out 3x. If I remember correctly. We would always wait to see if Prof. Lawrence would break his chalk." Asher shifted in his seat a bit before leaning in again. Asher remembered undergrad and tried to recall the topics he wrote about. This only confirmed his suspicions that he didn't care that much about any class. Realizing what time it was, Asher snapped his head back up, "I'm sorry for keeping you. I've wandered down memory lane. I'm sure you have classes tomorrow. I'd hate to take your time."

Asher was always a bit self conscious of his ability to talk to people. Sometimes he was oblivious to others and would talk their ears off when they really wanted to leave. This happened a bit when he was younger. Trying to give Charlie an opportunity to evacuate if he wanted. Growing up, Asher was always dubbed the talkative one and he knew that he wasn't the best at telling when someone was engaged or not.

Charlie's cheeks got the faintest hint of a blush when he said his name, he didn't know why though. It was only someone saying his name, why did he react that way? He quickly tried to cover up the blush, thinking of other things to hopefully make it go away. "We've only gotten let out twice this years, there is still time for a third though. The first time he let us out I thought he was joking, but he began packing everything up along with everyone else,"he remembered sitting there like a fish out of water for a minute or so. The shorter Male couldn't help getting distracted just watching the other talk and move, he had never quite met someone he liked talking to this much. He was always the quiet in the corner type of person, only having a conversation when it was absolutely necessary. If he could avoid talking to you, he would...but not with Asher...something was different with him.

Hearing him mention he should let him go he was immediately a little upset but tried to hide it. His brain went into slight panic mode as he tried to think of a response that didn't sound really weird. "O-oh no-I um...it's ok really..."his cheeks were definitely a bit red now as he hadn't fully planned this far ahead,"I...I really enjoy talking to you..." he avoided the man's gaze now, worried he was going to make him weirded out and then avoid him from now on.

Asher didn't notice Charlie blush as he glanced over the material. He chuckled to himself as he realized that he really didn't put in the effort in many of his undergrad classes. Nevertheless, it was a nostalgic feeling. Looking up to Charlie, Asher smiled and replied, "I like talking to you too. So what's your topic for the paper?" Asher noticed that Charlie was a bit red now and wondered if that was his doing. Asher had a feeling that it was and wondered if he should say something. Was this inappropriate for him to be talking to Charlie in this manor? Should he just tell Charlie that he's a professor? There were so many things he wasn't sure of and yet he still wanted to talk to Charlie. The atmosphere was comforting to say the least. It was light hearted and engaging.

Asher waited for a response as he moved back to his seat. He relaxed a bit as he felt the cool faux leather on his back. The cafe was already starting to thin, but they were open until 2am due to finals approaching. The smell of coffee was still strong as people came in and out for drinks and late night snacks to take back to a study space or their apartment/dorm. Asher took a deep breath in and enjoyed the smell of the cafe.

Charlie watched him glancing over the material, seemingly nostalgic while looking at it. When he admitted he liked talking to him too the younger boy smiled, glad he hadn't weirded him out or something like that. Being asked about the topic of his paper he scrambled for a second to process the question. "Um..."he scrolled to the top of his essay to get to the title,"Well it's an argumentative essay so I went with should we be censoring the internet,"he gave them a very broad array to choose from, it just had to be argumentative. Charlie was tempted to do something more controversial, like talking about the rise of age gaps in relationships and if it was ok. But he wanted to be safer and not risk biting off more than he could chew. He couldn't tell the other was internally debating what to do, he had no idea the other was a professor. Sure he was dressed professionally but plenty of jobs required that of their employees.

The young college student tried not to dwell on what the other might do for a job. Right now he wanted to enjoy talking to him for as long as it was allowed. Finding someone he connected with and truly enjoyed talking to was a hard find these days so he wasn't going to risk mucking it up for himself. The thought of the man being a professor didn't cross his mind though but of him wondered why a non-student would be on a campus cafe this late.

"That's an interesting topic. What's your stance? There's some really cool angles you can take on that," Asher replied with a smile. He missed papers like that; ones that didn't have to do with his field. Asher enjoyed reading a lot and loved learning about different topics. Research was actually really fun for him and he loved to know what students thought of topics and what conclusions they came to when doing research. Asher relaxed as he glanced towards the counter. He wondered how long they'd be there and if he should order a coffee or something. The cup he had prior was long gone in his typing frenzy.

Asher didn't have class the next day so he could sleep in. He wondered if this was the same for Charles since the young man was up so late. Then again, Asher remembered staying up late to do assignments and waking up at 7:00am for a full day of class. Asher kept his distance at the table since he was still confused as to what the protocol was for interacting with a college student. The thought of telling the kid that he was a professor nagged at the back of his mind, but he didn't think he'd see the kid after tonight so why make things complicated.

(sorry kind of forgot about this one)

(hah.. That's OK)

"I'm on the side of not censoring the internet,"he stated simply. Charlie wasn't an augmentative person so he didn't like controversial topics. He could write essies just fine but debating with real live people was terrifying to him. The other seemed to be really knowledgble of many topics and essies. He started to wonder know if maybe he was a student...even if he looked a bit too old to be one.

It didn't matter though, not right now, now he just wanted to talk and enjoy some peace and quiet and lovely talks. "Um.. Would you like more coffee? I feel like I owe you now that I've kept you talking to me for so long..."hw laughed nervous.

Asher smiled as he placed a hand over the cup, "I'm fine thank you. Too much coffee isn't good. I've been trying to cut back lately." Back during grad school, Asher lived off of coffee. It wasn't that healthy which was why he committed to eating better and laying off the caffeine. While that was the plan, it didn't always work. Asher turned back to the conversation at hand, "So do you have class tomorrow? You're up late finishing the paper. I don't have to wake up early so I can sleep in. I don't want to keep you from sleep. It's important to get some sleep even if you're working super hard."

Asher glanced around and noticed how empty the cafe was. He wondered if they'd get kicked out soon. Dismissing the thought, Asher stared back at Charles. The boy had a nice face and soft looking hair. Charles's eyes were very nice to look at too. They were bright, but thoughtful. Asher liked that. He wondered what was going through Charles's mind as the boy seemed to sink into the conversation.

Charlie was still worried about finding a way to pay him back for keeping him up so late. "Well, I need to repay you somehow for keeping you up so late," he really wanted to find a way to repay him. Really he didn't like coffee, he liked tea but sadly tea didn't keep him up and he needed something to keep him up. When he heard what he said he laughed a little,"Sleep is a myth during finals, but luckily no I don't have classes tomorrow." Most of his professors had no full classes this week, either a 2 hour slot for finals or just turn in your final paper before a certain day. Which you could go to the professors office to give it to them.

He was enjoying talking to Asher too much to want to leave. His paper was already close to done, tomorrow he could easily double check it before taking it to his professor but he didn't want to admit that and risk having to say goodbye. But he knew the cafe would be losing soon... It was unbelievably nice to be able to escape from the mess and drama with life right now. He hadn't smiled like this since the break up.

Asher noticed how insistent Charles was getting as he asked to repay him. "No need. I choose to stay up late. It's good you don't have to get up early tomorrow...or maybe it's later today." Asher smiled to himself at the silly comment. He was getting a bit tired now and he did have some things he needed to take care of in the morning, so he decided to give Charles an option for paying him back. "If you're really so hung up on paying me back, why don't you meet me here tomorrow night and we can continue our conversation?" Asher knew that Charles would be open to that idea. He could see it in the boy's eyes. Charles was really engaged in the conversation which made Asher almost regret ending it, but all good things must come to an end. Hopefully, Charles would meet him again tomorrow to continue the conversation.

Should we timeskip here? Just do a little blurb about how they've been meeting at the cafe almost every night and then boom Charlie's in asher's class

That works for me.