Coding

• Thread starter IntrusivePenDesperateSword
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IntrusivePenDesperateSword

Recently I've been reading up on Python, which made me curious as to what languages you type. Share your languages and skill levels!

Aside from Python, I've looked a bit into SQL, and might try Java or C++ if I get the time.

Reactions: LunaValentine
PHP, HTML, CSS (technically not a language but it still counts), C#, SQL (It's not hard once you can grab the basics though it differs slightly from platform to platform), and I'm teaching myself jquery/javascript. Of course this is mostly because it's my job to know most of this. It can be pretty fun to code shit when you got ideas.

GET IT AWAY IT BURNS AAAAAAAAAAA

Some PHP, HTML, conversational CSS, a bit of Python, C# and some Java.
I know. But in order to use the much better jQuery I gotta know Javascript. Web Development sucks like that :p

It's been one my all time goals to learn how to code ever since I took a computer science class in high school. I know some very basic stuff when it comes to Java and that's about it.

In the meantime, I'm currently taking a class in programming logic; I'm doing really well so far and it's actually quite enjoyable. I also found a nice app for teaching yourself how to code, called SoloLearn, and I've been using that to slowly teach myself Java, for starters.

My ultimate goal in this regard is to eventually be able to program my own game. One of the questions I have for the people more versed in this field than I is which programming language(s) do you recommend I learn in order to best accomplish this goal?

HTML, CSS, and I can sort of do whatever Wordpress uses, which I assume is PHP. I really stumble around in that, but I've been able to create my own shortcodes and child themes, so I've accomplished some things.

I also found a nice app for teaching yourself how to code, called SoloLearn, and I've been using that to slowly teach myself Java, for starters.
That app looks really useful! I'll definitely check out their Python app. If it is Python3, anyway.

My ultimate goal in this regard is to eventually be able to program my own game. One of the questions I have for the people more versed in this field than I is which programming language(s) do you recommend I learn in order to best accomplish this goal?
C++11 is the ultimate goal here, as it's used extensively in the industry. If you want to take a peek at some seriously well-written C++ code in this context, go get yourself an Epic Games account and look at the Unreal Engine GitHub repository.

I kind of do basic coding and not so basic coding randomly when I need to after not having touched coding for months or maybe even a year. Then I drop it and forget all about and then relearn the basics all over again when I need to do it again. It's almost like mathematics. I'm so uninterested that I forget how it works the day after I learnt it.

HAHAHA I'M USING SOLOLEARN TO LEARN PYTHON, C++, JAVA, SQL, AND RUBY SIMULTANEOUSLY BECAUSE NO

Seriously though, I might need to relax.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
Mostly Basic, C++ & Java.

I need to actually make something, though. So many ideas.

HAHHAHAHA

ONLY BASIC ASS BBCODING...

Which even then results in broken codings and having to shift through every individual character just to find one missing letter...

HAHHAHAHA

Which even then results in broken codings and having to shift through every individual character just to find one missing letter...
How could I forget.

I mean, I too know nothing but the most basic, but of that I have a pretty decent grasp.

HAHHAHAHA

The worst part is when the rich text editor eats your code. Broke most of the CSS in my tutorials that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.