Code Vein/God Eater Inspired RP? (Actual info now inside!)

Which would you prefer?

• Code Vein

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • God Eater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mix 'em!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Both Separately

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Hopeless Romantic
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Beginner
  2. Elementary
  3. Intermediate
  4. Adept
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Hello! My name is Mythy! I've been thinking about two games I hat gotten for Christmas that I have played through somewhat and feel like using them as inspiration for an RP or two!
Code Vein, and God Eater (3)

Disclaimer
I have not yet finished either game. Therefore, I am leaning more towards using similar worlds but with original characters and plot. Also that's just my personal preference.

Code Vein: The Player Characters will be Revenants who all share a home base and a mission. In-game, revenants are humans who were implanted with a parasite in their heart which gives them special abilities and greater strength (as well as immortality - you die, you turn to dust and reform - as long as your heart survives) in exchange for bloodlust. Humans are rare and carefully protected, so the main source of blood to sate this thirst are called blood beads, which sprout from bloodsprings.

The RP will differ from the game in the fact that bloodbeads will sprout regularly, so the need for fighting and the amount of the Lost (Revenants who succumbed to bloodlust) is generally less. However, a destructive faction of revenants has sprouted up, and opposes the current (loose as it may be) government. Not to mention there may be a bigger threat hiding in the shadows....

God Eater: In God Eater, the world has been destroyed by the Aragami. These creatures are made of single-cells called Oracle Cells, that work together to create the form and allow them to function. They have no real weak points, and they are functionally immortal unless a core of Oracle Cells is removed.

How to fight these 'gods' that have Decimated humanity? Enter the God Eater. Implanted with the same Oracle Cells, they gain a substantial power boost and are able to use God Arcs: Weapons with a melee, gun, and shield form that can also devour Aragami for extra power and, when dead, materials.

Since God Eater has three games, there is more to draw on. However, I would like to draw the most from GE3, so players would be AGEs (Adaptive God Eaters) who hold resistance to a substance known as the Ash. They must utilize a pair of the bracelets God Eaters wear (what they are currently escape me) and have a number of other powers,

In this one, the player characters will be crew of an Ash Crawler, working to find and patrol routes between human ports - bastions against the Ash.

If you are interested please post below and vote. Feel free to ask questions and I will answer to the best of my ability.
Thank you for your time!​

Last edited:
Actual info has now been added! Please take another look!

I can do a Code Vein one!

Revenants and God Eaters in a shared post-apocalyptic world would be awesome. Aragami would give Revenants more monsters to fight and the Lost would offer God Eaters more human-like opoenants since we never get to fight another person in GE gameplay.

The use of parasites to make Revenants is pretty similar to the use of Oracle cells to make God Eaters. And the dust that Revenants turn into when they die could be linked to the dust storms and ash storms from GE pretty easily.

The destructive faction of Revenants could have infiltrated a port and be attempting to turn that poet's God Eaters against the other Revenants

Revenants and God Eaters in a shared post-apocalyptic world would be awesome. Aragami would give Revenants more monsters to fight and the Lost would offer God Eaters more human-like opoenants since we never get to fight another person in GE gameplay.

The use of parasites to make Revenants is pretty similar to the use of Oracle cells to make God Eaters. And the dust that Revenants turn into when they die could be linked to the dust storms and ash storms from GE pretty easily.

The destructive faction of Revenants could have infiltrated a port and be attempting to turn that poet's God Eaters against the other Revenants
Yes. Very much yes. Yes yes yes. I very much like this idea. (Also I was incorrect I think. You turn into mist when you disperse and ash when dead as a Revenant.)

@Jessica2477 would you be willing to do this?

Sounds interesting, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Sure why not, there are further fan theories about how God Eater and Code Vein are in the same universe if you want to check that out.

Edit: My personal theory is that Code Vein takes place after God Eater (at least GE3) and Revenants are hyper modified humans that adapted to live in a world that went to even more shit than the one in God Eater, similar to how AGEs are a step closer to aragami than the old type GEs.

There's another theory that Code Vein takes place in Americas while GE1/2/3 are in Europe/Japan so it's basically different places took different approaches for survival after any long range communication died in the apocalypse.

Last edited:
@Cresion Breezes

Good to know! For the mix, I was going to likely work out my own rules and changes from the games I think. Make sure that what my world has can mesh with ideas.

@Jessica2477 @Glass @Cresion Breezes @Ariel @chaosheart13 @Mollisol

OOC is up and character thread is linked! Please feel free to comment, ask questions, discuss and chat!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mollisol and Glass