M

Mason Moretti

Original poster
Screenshot_20170624-122125.jpg

Wellston High School wasn't Franchesca's favorite place to visit. The masses of students bustling through the halls always appeared to be going the opposite direction that she was, and at much too slow of a pace. She wrestled through the crowd, heading towards an empty classroom.

Nobody noticed Franchesca's dark blue hair. Nobody noticed her matching blue suit. Nobody noticed that there was a girl amongst them who belonged to an entirely different universe.

She shoved her way into a nearly empty classroom. All that was in the room was a single desk, at which was a boy with blonde hair and a steely gaze.

Francesca, running her words as fast as she could, said, "Arlo, I'm sorry! I tried to get here as fast I could! I was a little unlucky with all the traffic in the hallways. Pretty ironic, huh?"
@Leon Moretti

Arlo sat there looking at the time. He said with an irritated sigh, "She's late, again." It's the thing he detested more than anything, especially that one kid. He almost went out to find someone to find her, but then he heard the loud crowd.

He sat on the edge of the desk as he waited for the blue-haired girl. The moment he sat down on the desk, he noticed she managed to get into the room.

GLARE.PNG

"You're late, Francesca. You've been here long enough to know how I am with people who are late," he said with a glare that was colder than the room. "If you're done fooling around, it's time to get started."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ah! Right! Of course!" Francesca said as she closed the door behind her. As she did, the crowd behind her dissipated, heading to their respective classrooms.

She closed her eyes, placed a hand on her chest, and took a deep breath to center her focus.

"Lady Fortuna, reporting for duty! Let's start!"

With a small grin, he held up his hand, "Then let's begin." He snapped his fingers and the room began to tunnel into the vast area that he was very fond of, right on the outskirts of the multiverse.

GALAXY.PNG

He looks at her with a more benevolent look, "Are you ready to begin your next mission, Fortuna? It's quite the interesting one" The King was always tougher on her when he was in his original universe, but that's due to having a reputation to uphold. Here it's a different story, here he is free and not being held to anything of those ties.​

"These missions have felt a whole lot like homework. When do I get to be a goddess, King? When do I get the real powers in the multiverse?"

"In due time, you will be ready to take on the duties of a goddess. You have one final test." He calls up a small ball of light, "This here is your final test, Venice, Italy in the year 2005," he tells her as the ball expands into a larger form to where one can enter.

"During this time you will learn about the history of the two distinct, yet hidden, factions-" As he was about to continue, a warning label that read 'Caution: This universe is a T-12' appeared.' appeared before them.

The king paused for a brief moment, "This is unfortunate, give me a moment to find a proper universe."

"Wait, wait, wait, what? What's a T-12? I've learned the error codes for an apocalypse, time travelers, Ultimate Despairs and other potential gods. I've never heard that code."

Francesca stamped her foot on the stardust floor at the outskirts of the multiverse. Her voice held a brattish quality as she said, "This sounds like something I need to know about as a goddess. You're not dragging me out to the multiverse boondocks without a lesson."

Despite the authority that Arlo, (given the title of King in his world and a god in others,) had over her, Frannie would constantly challenge that authority. Like the blonde boy next to her, she was much more comfortable out in the open space of the multiverse. Yet comfort brought out her true bratty and selfish nature.​

"That is because it's not a code for any gods or goddesses. It a warning for a certain family." He says as he starts to close the gate. "This family is known for causing more damage than all DC Universe characters combined." it was a slight exaggeration but still wasn't far from accurate.

"Young lady, I do not appreciate that attitude of yours," He told her sternly. "Time and time again you constantly push the boundaries of knowing your position, so I suggest you regain your composure."

Despite her brattish nature when away from the Embassy, he know she meant well. under any other circumstance, he would let her go into a universe with a warning. This universe was a different story, something that could risk her rising up to the level of a goddess. He took a deep breath and told her, "T-12 is a code to warn others that the Moretti family is in sid universe and possibly rules it."

"S-Sorry, King. I'll be better."

She fixed her posture and cast her eyes down to avoid looking at Arlo.

"Just what is this Moretti family? What even is a Moretti? Sounds like a disease."

"A disease? That would be an understatement," he said with an irritated tone, "The Moretti family is a plague, causing damage in everyone universe they exist in."
He put a mark on the now small ball of light. "You are not to go anywhere near them, is that understood?"

"Hold on, King! I can handle this!"

Frannie reached out and grabbed Arlo's hand to draw his eyes towards her.

"You say they're a plague? Well, it sounds like divine intervention needs to heal this plague! I can help here, and free this universe for all the Moretti's! And if anything goes wrong..."

Frannie stepped back, releasing Arlo. She held her hand high, and in a flash of light a blade appeared in her hand.

200px-Lady_Luck_%28Base%29_KHX.png

"... Lady Luck and I can get through it! So please, give me the mission!"

The king looks at the young goddess-in-training, not sure if she was serious or utterly stupid. However, the moment he saw her summon the strange, and girly blade, he knew she meant it.

"Very well, if you feel that you can handle it, I wish you the best of luck." he said as he reopened the gate to the small universe. "be sure to remember these words,"

May the Aura guide you along your journey

"That is a phrase commonly said by the Moretti family. Your task is to bring balance to this wicked world, do you understand?"

"I understand my task. Not quite that Moretti saying though. But I'll figure it out!"

She placed a hand on the gate.

"Send me in!"

Down below, in the universe the young gods were speaking of, Raymond, a man in his mid twenties, stared down the scope of his AWP. His crosshairs trained on the center of his target. With a pull of a trigger, he would have a perfect bullseye. Yet suddenly, a wave of panic washes over him. He emptied the chamber and turned on the safety.

As he left the firing range, he removed the protective earmuffs and holds the rifle in one hand. In the other hand, he held a cell phone, already contacting a close family member. The name "Isaac Moretti" was displayed as the contact being called. As a gruff man's voice answered the call, Ray put the phone to his ear and spoke.

"Yeah, Isaac. I'm heading back early. You ever get the feeling that something big is going to happen? Today is one of those days, and I don't really like the feeling. Keep an eye on my niece and nephews. We both know how precious they are."[/hr]​

Chapter One
Goddess Complex

As Frannie touched down in the T-12 marked universe, she appeared in a field of dazzling light which slowly faded around her. As the light cleared and she was able to get a view of the space around her. To the north was a deep thicket of woods. In the south, on a raised plateau, stood a stately manor with a view of the setting sun. Despite the morning rush Frannie had just experienced at Wellston mere moment before, this world was already on the edge of dusk.

Screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-11.26.17-PM.png

Curious about the nature of the mansion, Frannie uses a small trick that she had picked up during her studies with Arlo. She closed her eyes and centered her focus, searching the air for any other souls or latent magic. Her sixth sense picked up a large dark, foreboding aura that sent a chill down Frannie's spine and broke her into a cold sweat. "This must be the Moretti's residence," she thought.

Inching in closer, Frannie did her best to remain hidden by the low light and thick foliage. She saw people sitting by the side of the pool, speaking of something, and dropped her eaves on their conversation.​

It was a typical evening for Leon, everything was starting to wind down after all the work that was done. "Come on Izzy, a little R&R won't hurt anyone. Besides, father is gone for the rest of the week and we finally get to relax." The woman in the maid outfit was hesitant. "Master Leon, you know I'm not allowed to have 'R&R' while on work hours. You know the punishment Master Issac would give if he caught me slacking on the job."

Isabella Azure was always a stickler for keeping a professional manner during her work hours. "Besides don't you have homework to tend to? You should be doing that instead of being out here fooling around." She was quite stern when it came to the Moretti children doing well in school and being able to bring some kind of honor to the Moretti family name.

It was the same thing almost all the time, do this, do that. "I'll deal with that later.. Just let me have some fun for now, please." He begged Izzy. She sighed and decided to stop arguing as she thought, "He's just a kid after all, what harm could a small break do?' She then said out loud "Very well, but only for half an hour, understood?" He nodded in agreement.​

"They're... They're just kids?" Frannie thought to herself. She couldn't believe that this was her mission. Sure, Arlo had asked her to fight, even maim, kids before, but those were super-powered ones with more than enough ability to fight back.

This was a kid being chastised by his maid nanny. Surely this person wasn't a plague to the universe. Not yet, at least. Nothing defined this "Master" Leon as a killer. "Perhaps his father is my true target. If I cut off the head of the family, the rest will fall without spilling blood."

Frannie found it odd that she was feeling any sense of remorse at removing this plague of a family. If she could eliminate them, then she would be one step closer to being a goddess! Yet, still... Now wasn't the time to kill the child, she decided. Who knows if that maid isn't secretly a trained killer. If his father found out, then he would start seeking vengeance and be very emboldened towards killing her. The father should be the first target, no matter what. If only he weren't absent. She had to stake out this universe for a few days. Where could she go? How could she fit in and lay low?

Then, suddenly, she had an idea. An idea became a plan, and a plan became execution. She took a nearby branch, (a particularly sharp and pointy one,) and began slicing up her uniform. However, a sudden snag on her skim caused her to wince in pain. The motion threw her off balance and she began to fall.

By some form of luck, either fortune or jinx, she began tumbling through the foliage and towards the Moretti's villa. Thorns, brambles and briars tore up her skin, drawing blood and leaving many bruises. By the time she landed at the edge of the concrete patio, she looked like a very damaged woman.

"Ow, ow, ow..." she moaned. She attempted to lift herself from the patio and found intense pain shooting through her arms. What was intended to be a ruse was anything but.

She looked up towards Leon and Isabella. "Excuse me... Can you help me with these wounds? If there's any kindness in your heart..."

Once Leon got approval to continue what he was doing, he did just that, which was absolutely nothing. He laid back on his cozy chair and closed his eyes. It wasn't long until he heard some noises not far from where he was.

Izzy looked around and saw the injured girl and immediately got in a defensive stance. The fact that she was there wasn't an issue, it was that she was an uninvited guest and somehow got past all of the security protocols."Get back!" She shouts as she stands in front of Leon.

Leon opens his eyes and looks back to see what was going on and when the girl spoke up, he had a strange feeling about her. "Izzy bring her inside to be treated." He said as he stood up. "What is your name?"

"My name is..." Francesca began, but she stutteered. She was no good at lying on the spot and hasn't thought at all of an alias. She had a simple choice now: Her real name, or her goddess name. Picking one at random, she said, "Franchesca. My name is Francesca. Maybe you can vall.me Frannie. Please, I'm in a lot of pain here, and could use some help."

Frannie saw Izzy's distrusting face and knew that she would have to pull something out of her was if she didn't want to fail this mission in the first ten minutes. She rembered the advice she had gotten only a few minutes ago from Arlo. From that, an idea was born.

"The Aura guided me here to this place, telling me it was safe. Could the Aura be wrong?"

Leon looks back at Izzy, "Bring out a first aid kit, now!" he exclaims with a cold glare in his eye. Izzy nods and quickly goes to retrieve the item the young master requested.

When she was out of eyesight, he proceeded to help her sit down on the chair he was in. "You're banged up, what happened exactly?" He asks with caution as he scanned Frannie aura to determine if she was friendly to the Moretti family or foe.

"Aura is never wrong, my friend..." He pauses for a moment, then triggers the mechanism of his hidden blade, "How do I know that you are truly a friend?"

Scanning Frannie's heart would reveal a great amount of fear as she saw the reveal of Leon's assassin's blade. Her words were ensnared in the fear. She sat silent as warm blood continued to pour from.her wounds. She began to feel dizzy, and wasn't sure she could come up with an answer. She tried to force words through her mouth to say anything in her own defense, lest her adventures end here.

"I'm... I..." she began to speak, but stuttered immensely, "I'm a guardian angel sent here to protect you. Danger is headed your way, but I was able to hold it off for now."

Francesca didn't know where those words came from. She simply said them as they entered her mind, and she prayed that they could move Leon's heart. Perhaps it was her good luck that gave her voice, lest it was desperation.​