Cockatrice & MtG

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F0X

Hey there Iwaku! Do you like MtG (aka Magic the Gathering)? Great! I'd love to play against more friends online using Cockatrice!! If you don't know what that is, its a free MtG deck builder and play testing program! Yes, you heard me. FREE!!! Allows you to play magic with all your friends online, test out decks you want to build/buy. Its really wonderful! I will link some useful stuff for those interested.

Where to Download

Where to Register

Keyboard Hotkeys/Shortcuts

And there ya go!! If you join, add me! My name on Cockatrice is the same as Iwaku, F0X.

:)

Reactions: Lewi
I've never played MtG, but I play Yugioh and I understand they share a lot of basics! if I find myself with some spare time this week maybe I'll try it out :3

I'd love to play with you Minibit and teach you how to play magic! I would say Yu-Gi-Ho and magic are the most different among playable TCG's.

i may be a super nerd for this lol but i <3 MtG.. so much so that a few friends and i have little tournaments where we all get together on the weekends and play ... for hours.. i just recently made this awesome red, white, and green Giant deck.. it needs a little revamping since i found that i didn't put in anything to get rid of other people's enchantments.. but otherwise it's pretty kick ass.

i may be a super nerd for this lol but i <3 MtG.. so much so that a few friends and i have little tournaments where we all get together on the weekends and play ... for hours.. i just recently made this awesome red, white, and green Giant deck.. it needs a little revamping since i found that i didn't put in anything to get rid of other people's enchantments.. but otherwise it's pretty kick ass.
Nice Ace!! I have personally played in 3 Grand Prixes and I am not sure how many PTQ's I have done over the years, but my favorite event was going to Worlds in San Fransisco! That was so amazing!!

But Ace, I'd definitely look into Cockatrice! It would allow you to recreate your deck and test cards out before getting them!! :)

OH!! And @Fijoli might like this too!

Legacy/Modern player represent.

I can't play at the moment tho as there is no MTG tournaments in the middle east (that I know of).

I'd love to play with you Minibit and teach you how to play magic! I would say Yu-Gi-Ho and magic are the most different among playable TCG's.
Nah, there are others that are even farther away from MTG in mechanics. The Pokemon TCG has even less in common with MTG, for instance.

Also, I play a fair amount of MTG, almost entirely casually. I'll probably get this and set it up over the weekend.

Nah, there are others that are even farther away from MTG in mechanics. The Pokemon TCG has even less in common with MTG, for instance.

Also, I play a fair amount of MTG, almost entirely casually. I'll probably get this and set it up over the weekend.
I always felt the Pokemon tcg was more similar to Mtg due to the connection with land and spells and energy and using your pokemon's abilities. Trainer cards are like instants and sorceries in magic. Yes the games are different, but I feel YuGiHo has a lot more differences with Magic. But that is my opinion! ^_^

Heh. I've been using cockatrice mtg for about a year now already. Lets play a match sometime!

I'll probably use this and make some themed decks out of it.

Edit: *Clicks on download link* Where's the download?

Last edited:
Currently I'm in the middle of making an 5-Colour Legendary Creatures Commander Deck.
I call it "The Avengers".

Reactions: F0X
I need people to play magic against!!!!! I did well at my fnm tonight, but had to leave early to go to a friend's birthday. Won't anyone come play magic with me??

....That is one huge cards list....

We need to set times for these games to happen at.

Reactions: F0X
Status
Not open for further replies.