Coat of Conflagration: Clash of Deities and Humanity

"I did not challenge you to free myself from my fate and you are not perfect in any sense. You guys come down in many forms reeking havok upon us for amusement." He looked towards the sky "I'm tired of the mind games why don't do this face to face."

"You wish to test my might? Humans HAVE always been quite arrogant."
The sky roils turbulently, crosshairs of brilliant lightning flashing ecstatically.
"I may be willing to give you a chance at life. But Artio is not as forgiving."

Thäkra's form flickers and mist swirls around her. She was obviously greatly struggling, trying to grasp, before suddenly another explosion radiated, bursting darkness forward. The light and dark swirled around in an eternal fight. "Sister? You called me... Sister! YOU DON'T DESERVE YOUR LIFE!!" she shrieked in a unnatural, husky voice. A bolt of dark fire channeled from Thäkra's hands, and mangled, mutated creatures burst from the ground lumbering towards her opponent. "I AM THE GODDESS OF CHAOS! NONE CAN STOP MY MIGHT!" she screamed out, her voice rumbling for miles around. The severed heads of hundreds of woman and children floated lifelessly in the air and a pool of blood slowly. "Leave now Sister." She said suddenly dull, her power fading, the darkness shrinking back towards Thäkra. The creatures flailed feebly at Harmonyd, before materialising into a blackened ash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryner looked at the ascensis as he sheathed his sword. "I do not plan to fight I would rather try and stop this without bloodshed." He still kept a tight grip on his shield just in case he would have to defend himself.

Last edited:
Harmonyd raised a tentative eyebrow. "Our auras are perpetually locked in combat. We will continually clash until we wear each other out and dissipate. But that doesn't have to be the case."
Effulgent, translucent wings unfurl from behind Harmonyd. An aura of white light surrounds her, still and unambitious. Her power does not wish to consume all. Her power is not to attack but to defend.
Harmonyd extends a hand, but it is battered by the tenebrous light emitting from Thäkra. "Swear off chaotic pursuits." Thäkra's fluctuating energy forces her to retract her hand. She seems distant momentarily, then says. "This battle must cease." She extends her hands and an argentine energy extends toward the heavens, ballooning in the sky, preparing to encapsulate the battle.

Last edited:
Ascensis pauses. "You may just have your wish. Harmonyd has entered the fray."

"Sister..." Thäkra said weakly as her darkness slowly was being eaten away by light soaked in morality, righteousness, and... Order. She maintained her form as Harmonyd floated away. Anger raged stronger than any fire. She clenched her fist, the force strong enough to bend metal.
"She does not understand." The Goddess of Chaos stormed off back to Durłogard, the Fortress of Desolation, leaving behind her the rubble and remants of a burning village, hundreds of dead bodies strewn and littered across the ground. The last two survivors, siblings, huddled together, merged with fear, sorrow, and fury. They were only children.

Harmonyd levitates, gradually ascending. The silver aura beams down, slowly creating a dome over the battle. Traces of combat begin to die.
The battle is ending with Harmonyd's power.
-
Lydia grunts in arduous effort, slashing her serrated bow across Aposys' midsection. He's cleaved promptly in half. His unnerving grin remains, and the wound seals. "It's funny, Lydia. You forget that gods are pretty much FREAKING IMMORTAL!"
There's a pulse of pure lack of colour, and Lydia darts around it, foot finding its way into Aposys' jugular, winding him. "Why'd you bring yourself down here, Aposys?"
"Because just witnessing it is boring!" He heaves, slamming his knee into her gut. She drives the bow through his chest and he doubles back.
She wipes her bow clean of ichor. "Like your job?"
"Okay, so I am a bit truant, but really, it can't be helped. I hold off my work for quite a while, as can be seen in the necrosis process."
"You're giving yourself way too much credit. You're a procrastinator."
"Bless you."
And then the dome descended entirely. All participants in the battle awake in their homes.

He thought about not for a second. "What chance you guys plan on wiping us humans out as a race.What caused the gods to turn into demons."

The children sat in silence, hidden under a fallen wall, hands wrapped around each other, in fear, anger, and sorrow. "Is it safe now?" the relatively smaller girl asked quietly, her eyes wet with tears. She uttered every word so carefully to be unheard, as if they would die if it was any louder. Because, they thought they would.
"I don't know." The brother said truthfully after a moment of stillness. Trapped in that position, he carefully moved his hand to grapple onto a knife. "I don't know." He repeated, stifling a burst of tears.

Brekkr began the arduous sprint back to his village. He glanced back at the hostility briefly, and very nearly lost all of his gradually spent breath. A majestic, argentine, incandescent column had ascended and began ballooning down into a dome. As the dome touched down on the edges of the antagonism, the dimension of those participating became increasingly more vague and indistinguishable, becoming insubstantial wisps of white. They scintillated rhythmically, each wisp keeping its flashes in perfect harmony with the rest. The rhythm grew steadily more rapid and frantic, like a heartbeat addled by an adrenaline shot. As the flashing became more regular, and the divides between them closed, the wisps escalated, the pulsating reaching fever pitch, then they arced off, comet trails cleaving the sky. The dome began to dissipate, and the small, youthful figure, limbs extended as it levitated in the air, descended, fading into the earth.
Brekkr paused, and his composure dwindled, knees quivering erratically.
With a raucous whining, several of the wisps soared downward to the very village where Brekkr was headed, and this was his first substantial gander at his town since leaving it.
And what he found did not rouse any joviality.
Carnage, desolation, mass death. Limbs of women and children (Brekkr felt disgusted he could tell) strewn over the walls, and buildings reduced to charred remnants of support beams. Heads slid onto barbed posts, the calling card of the goddess Thäkra, stood erected as grotesque testaments to the tragic happenings that had surely occurred.
The figure that had been in the dome materialised behind Brekkr, laying a gnarled hand on his shoulder. He pivoted and paled at the state of Harmonyd.
Her face was ragged, lined with stress. Her hair had whitened into a milky, unhealthy sheen. Her pallor had been replaced by a light, sickly grey. It was as though her youth had been forcibly removed from her via her mouth, that lay contorted in horror. Her eyes were pure achromatic light, as though the very power she had utilised in preventing the battle had now consumed her, rimmed with deep ridges and folds. She clutched her chest. "W-what...is th-this?"
A tenebrous murk crept across her chest, and she gasped and wheezed.
She collapsed.
Peace had died.

Thäkra sat in utter silence on her throne, watching and listening carefully to creaking, moaning beams, as if they had absorbed the last screams of a million dying souls. Suddenly, the Goddess of Chaos buckled, a throbbing, agonising pain burning inside of her. Thäkra fell back and screamed, ending it with a throaty growl. She restrained from writhing on the floor, and pressed herself against the wall. Her head throbbed with confusion, and she tensed, moaning as the searing pain burnt inside of her, the excruciating pain seeming to be eating at her very soul. Her power suddenly burst into action, but however much power she held, she could never heal. Only destroy. She reached out a hand to drag herself forward, but fumbled, and smashed her head against the floor. In a last final attempt, she channelled her power to move herself to the destroyed town. She stumbled forward, knocking anybody in her way to the ground and fell onto Harmonyd's body. Silence.
"Sister..." Her first ever tear crawled down her cheek, before dripping to the ground.

Artios fumed as she took two of her best body guards equipped in the finest brown armour, and walked to the portal. "Take me to the human who I spoke to earlier" she commanded. "Yes, my lady" a voice emanated from the rune covered stone portal. Her anger evaporated in the sky portal, as was usual. She twisted calmly through dimensions, finally arriving at the soldiers whereabouts-

(If he has a wife please write a post maybe like him fast asleep with her) @wolfs rain

"So what do we do now?" Queried Hades gloomily.
Ascensis propped his head up on his fist, knuckles sinking into his cheek. "I'm not sure there's anything left to do but win this battle with the humans."
Parabolus paused at Ascencis's side. As the god of lightning spoke, Hertzin, the thunder deity, grunted distastefully. "But if we pursue the war further, it'll never end."
Verda eyed the blade of her scythe, then it descended and split the table in a hail of wood, the fissure cleaved into the wood between Parabolus's index and thumb, inducing a yelp from the young god, and the fractures snaked like living beings toward the edges of the conference. "The humans won't halt. They won't falter. That's one down to them. Another enemy vanquished. One less god left to kill."
Aquati, sea goddess, observed Verda's antics with amusement. "Surely there is a way to pacify the humans while we deal with this issue."
Verda's ire fluctuated and roared within her, flowing through her gaze. "ARE YOU SAYING WE MAKE SECOND PRIORITY OF A HUMAN REBELLION? THEY ARE DECEITFUL, CRAFTY SNAKES! AND THAT'S AN INSULT TO SNAKES!"
Her hair became barbed vines that writhed and cracked like the tendrils of a monstrous beast. She extended her hand and a serrated stalagmite protruded from the table on a deadly slant, bearing close to Aquati's cobalt chin, before the sea divinity eroded the rock with a burst of seawater.
"Pig!" Yelled Aquati, and a great torrent amassed behind her.
Ascensis broiled inside, and produced a maelstrom of lighting that barraged toward Verda and Aquati in a flabellum-esque formation. "Calm yourself, you imbecilic wretches!
Parabolus, Hertzin and Lydia, who was also by Ascensis, ducked behind the table, as well as Aposys, who was with Verda.
Hades remained neutral, massaging his face in irritation and annoyance. "Goodness gracious me..."
Amidst the turmoil, Lydia slipped out.

Lydia veered in an alacritous matter through the clouds, cleaving trails through the vapour in her swift descent, her wings beating in a rapid, feverish rhythm.
The gods are too arrogant... too patient. Immortality makes them believe they have all the time in the world... but they don't. They need to go straight for the jugular. Such was her cognitive dialogue.
As she slanted downward, she sliced through thermal columns, enduring hot blasts past her hair, then slashing outward into the frigid night air.
Tendrils of conflagrant brilliance snaked by her ears as her wings caught fire. It was of little concern to her. In the grand scheme of things, her loss of flight would be worth it.
The air rippled curiously and the sensation of fingernails being grated down a blackboard inside her ear canal. "YOU FOOL!"
Tears accumulated in agonising wells in Lydia's eyes as she wrenched her head around to glance behind her.
Thunderous, visible bursts of sound sent Hertzin in a jittery path through the sky. Quick bursts propelled him forward, and his beard undulated behind him. He spread his arms wide and clashed them together. Palm hit palm and in a split second reaction Lydia careered to the side. The air seemed to roil as sound barrelled past her in a deadly maelstrom. Hertzin puffed in jagged streaks.
Parabolus swirled erratically behind his counterpart, much more lithe and mobile. He streaked effervescently in Lydia's general direction. "Lydia! What in the seven circles are you doing?"
Lydia grunted. A hostile encounter with two divinities and blazing, decimated wings would surely result in her being overcome.
Well, I'm screwed anyway. Might as well go down with a fight.
She swerved around and released an arrow.
Parabolus shook his head and extended his finger, illuminated by a rondure of electricity. Then an arc of thunder juddered toward the arrow.
Lydia quickly fired another, and it conducted the ecstatic force of the lightning. It whistled toward the earth, cracking and leaping.
Her previous arrow facilely impaled Hertzin's foot. The god bellowed raucously, drawing in diminutive, ragged breaths. He momentarily lost consciousness of his flight and plummeted. He managed to regulate his flight and maintain some integrity, but he quivered and tilted alarmingly.
Parabolus beckoned for Hertzin, and the two congregated in the sky.
Parabolus motioned ambiguously and they split off, pincering in from the left and right.
The two plummeted, swerving slightly, preparing to sandwich Lydia and knock her from the sky.
The heat of her blazing wings excited blisters on her cheeks as she was precipitated downward. As the two gods neared she mustered her strength and scraped together all her willpower.
And beat her wings once more. This was all they could take and they instantly eroded, much to her dismay.
Hertzin and Parabolus collided cacophonously. The robust wall of sound for a moment pacified Parabolus's lighting, and it lost much of its intensity. Then if flared up again, writhing and roiling. The two gods disintegrated. They would regenerate eventually, but it wasn't pleasant.
"Sorry, Parabolus..." Murmured Lydia as she plummeted, barreling awkwardly toward earth...
PRRSKRSHHH!

"GET AWAY!" the Goddess of Chaos screamed, her voice thrumming like thunder on the ears of nearby. A dome of dark light shot out from her and the ground beneath turned cold, and anyone nearby was flung back. The ground cracked and strange plants grew from under her as she shook the body of her sister in anger. "Don't you dare do this sister," she fumed at her Harmonyd. Slowly, the dome faltered, falling back towards Thäkra. Her hands slipped underneath the body and Thäkra stood. She carried the body carelessly away from the others, flying up to the forest, away from the bloodshed of the battlefield. She felt a sharp jab in her side as she drifted pass. She gently laid the body onto the ground, where small daisies began to grow around Harmonyd's head. "A world in destruction and chaos doesn't seem that satisfying anymore," she murmured into the dead god's ear. Another tear dripped from her cheek, except this time rolling onto Harmonyd's corpse

Lydia lands beside Thäkra, lancing into the ground and fracturing the earth, run ragged from the fall, rivulets of blood flowing torrentially from wounds in her shoulders where her wings once were.
A human boy approaches from the village. Brekkr. He carries an austere, blank satchel, most likely a first aid kit.
When he sees the chaos goddess, his eyes widen dramatically and his pupils shrink. "Oh no... please, please have mercy on me! I didn't mean anything by intruding on your business!" He backs away anxiously, shivering and sobbing.

Thäkra slowly turned her head, and silence somehow rung in the forest like a bell. Suddenly, she burst out, "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO, PUNY MORTAL! YOUR NEGLIGIBLE LIFE MEANS NOTHING TO ME!" Her shape flickered and spasmed, caliginous, tendrils drifting around her like mist. She writhed then her godly shape materialised and she returned to kneeling in misery at the Harmonyd's corpse. A telekenitec orb slowly encoated the terrified boy, meandering him towards the body, before gently landing him on the other side of the stiff carcass.

Ryner lay there sleeping on the cot in his tent. He had no family to speak of, just another dog of war. He quickly sat up and grabbed his sword as felt the pressure intensify. "Show yourself."

Brekkr's terror falters, and he frowns. "It's unfortunate to see the turbulent goddess of chaos reduced to such a state." He pauses. "I-I can... I can help your sis-"
Parabolus plummets jaggedly, his devastating impact with Brekkr pinning him into the earth. "Goodness me..." He chokes out in several incoherent segments. "So many people falling from the sky today..."
Parabolus stands, posture slanted in discomfort. His normally incandescent gaze is now a murky ochroid well. "Well isn't this just unfortunate." He glances at Harmonyd and Lydia, and sighs. "We're going to have to inexplicably force Aposys to work a little."
Brekkr glares at Parabolus defiantly and stands up, trying to pinpoint pupils in Parabolus's nonchalant eyes to stare into, to funnel his rage. "How can you be so callous? These are lives here!
The aureate pools of Parabolus' irises churn lethargically. "You understand nothing, human. I have seen civilisations moulder in the act of blinking. I've seen many lives pass, and it's become meaningless. Just one tally on the grand chart. Immortality has made me set aside the petty struggles and focus on what matters." He is evidently bored with this conversation.
"Immortality has made you blind." Murmurs Brekkr. "Selfish and wicked. When did gods become insensitive figureheads?"
Parabolus freezes, twitching irefully. "Say that again?"
"INSENSITIVE FIGUREHEADS!" Bellows Brekkr, channelling all the rage he has ever felt for something in his brief existence.
Parabolus roars, and lightning writhes and fluctuates around him, the smell of ozone permeating the air. "YOU DIE NOW, HUMAN!"
And Lydia awakes, coughing up saliva-soaked soil.