Club Wars: Battles of the Clubs at Ridgewood Acade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll work on my CS tomorrow. Or... If you want to be technical, today. I've put it off long enough.

Wait is the IC has started yet?

img-thing

"Hah! You're really pushing it, you know?"

What is your name?
"My name is Pandora Akins. You should know that already. What type of interview is this for you to not know?"
Do you have nicknames?
"If you seriously think that you are in the position you know, oh, you're so wrong."
Age?
"I'm eighty-seven."
C'mon now, seriously.
"Hmph, you have no sense of humor. I'm sixteen."
Good. Next, when's your birthday?
""It's Next year."
... Exact date please?
"July fifth. Happy?"
Yes. Now, how tall and how heavy are you?
"Are you a pervert or something"
Just answer the question.
"I'm Five-foot, four inches give or take. I'm approx one-hundred and ten pounds. Rude."

Alright.. Sign?
"Get out sign."
Zodiac sign.
"Cancer."
No wonder you're so crabby..
"Ahem! Next question!"
Riight.. Nationality?
"I'm an eighth French, half Chinese, and the rest is Korean."
Wow, seriousl--
"Yes, and I was born in Canada too. Next question."
Alright.. What grade are you in?
"I'm a junior."
Well, you're moving quickly.
"Hey, I could get your removed from your job if you don't stop that."

How were you accepted into Ridgewood Academy?
"That's better. My parents are practically rich, and I'm known for my academics, visual arts, and music."
How well would you say you are at Academics/Arts/Athletics?
"Academics? Well, my parents are always nagging me to do good in school, so I have a 90-95% average in academics. I have about 90% in Visual arts and music... But I am practically failing Athletics.. Passing with a 62%. Don't you dare tell anyone."

What Clubs do you attend?
"Obviously the Elite Club. I go there the most. But the other clubs that I attend are the Art Club, Psychology Club, and Light Music Club. I used to be in the chess club before they disbanded though."
What is your Role in the Club of your choosing?:
".. Member of the Elite Club. Otherwise, I'm just a member in the others."
Why did you join the Club of your Choosing?
"The elite club is so much more refined and obviously, I easily fit in it due to my status. The others are just for killing time."
Wait, did your speech pattern just--
"Ignore it."

Okay.. What are you good at?
"I'm good at almost anything academic, and I have to say that I'm good at manipulating people. I have fast reaction time, and I know that some people tell me that it's like I have a sixth sense or something. I dunno, gut feeling? Finally, I have a photographic memory. Yeah, jealous?"
I swear that you changed your speech aga--
"It's your imagination."
Whatever you say.. Weaknesses?
"... Ugh. I hate this part. I admit, I have a couple of problems. I can't do anything athletic for the life of me, and even if I can just magically foretell the future, it's not like I'd have any power to actually stop it. I'm probably the definition of Brains and no Brawl. I'll faint at the sight of a spider. Literally, faint. I also have a frail body, which I sometimes never register into my mind, and end up picking fights for whatever reason. It's unfortunate.. And I'm just a tad bit.. Arrogant. Too arrogant for my own good.."
Right there, you changed again!
"Argh! Just drop it!"
Do you have any serious fears?
"I actually do, to be honest. I.. Have a phobia of spiders. They absolutely horrify me.. And it's terrible.."

Any diseases or disorders?
"... Damn it. Okay, okay. I have something like a.. Multiple personality disorder. I'm like, two faced or something. One moment I'm my fabulous sarcastic self, next I'm all posh and proper. It's sickening. I get anxiety attacks, I suffer from depression, stress, Post traumatic Stress, paranoia, dependent personality disorder, I'm bipolar, and I'm a psychopathic. No, seriously, ask my therapist. I take pills for my anxiety attacks, depression, and bipolar. That, and I have a puffer for my asthma. Though, my asthma isn't too bad. I just need to take the puffer twice a day and i won't need it no matter how tight a space I am in."
I did.. Not see that coming.
"What, surprised? Don't be. Next question."

What do you like, then?
"I rather just sit in a room, do some art, listen to music, and what not. I also prefer fruits over candy, since they taste good and don't make you feel like dead weight. I actually don't mind studying every now and then, and of course, I love my photographic memory. It's a life saver. Otherwise, I am a complete sucker for Green Tea ice cream, red bean ice cream, and Taro Bubble tea. Oh, and Tofu dessert. You know, sweet, soft tofu.
I feel like I"m gonna regret this, but what do you dislike?
"There are a lot of things I don't like. I hate it when people try to pressure me, and I hate it when people start going all dumb on me. To be honest... I really hate it when people use their status for a reason to be recognized for something. Sure, I may be rich as well, but I'm not a complete brat. I also hate it when people nag me or tell me to be this. I hate it when people point out my flaws, or tell me what I already know! It gets on my nerves!"

Wow, those are actually.. pretty reasonable.
"Shut up. Next question."

Personality?
"I honestly thought that this was pretty obvious. I'm two faced, so you'll have to be listening for a little while. I'm more or less honest and I have some sense of dignity and pride, but that doesn't mean that I don't sneak in lies every now and then to get what I want. No, I'm not a spoiled little brat, and I work towards what I want. You can call me manipulative, let that be a good thing or a bad, but sometimes I tend to overuse my own power for selfish reasons-- Hey! it is not selfish! I just happen to pride myself over others! (Which is still selfish). Despite that.. I guess I can be nice around others. Only if they earn my respect! (Which is almost near impossible)"

History:
"I was born into a rich family, and it was hell. My parents always set high standards, I was bullied in elementary, and I had a horrible relationship with my parents. My mom and dad divorced when I was a baby, and then my dad remarried when I was three, having my brother. I lived with him in my dad's mansion, and then my dad died in a car crash when he tried to shield me. I had a good relationship with my grandma, but she drowned after her foot was caught on something at the beach. So uh.. I was enrolled into a private school with my brother, my brother was diagnosed with ADHD, we got a dog, and blah blah blah. It's really, really, really boring. So after a while, I asked my parents if I could come into Ridgewood, and they let me enter. They are never home, and the clubs are always so entertaining, so I appreciate them greatly-- Okay I'll just shut up now. "

Voice:
Ateotu | Youtuber/Singer

Theme Song:
Ahh this has been done for the past two days and I haven't even noticed . @Nano Pandora Akins is good to go ^^

//cough.
I think I went little overboard with this.

[stabs=bcenter|100%x1000]
{slide=Basics|center}
92d70e35ddca536239c92fd449b45b10.jpg

"Society will judge you no matter what; so why not do whatever you want and be happy."

What's your full name?
Gareth Himura

Do you have any nicknames? If so, what do you go by?
Some call me Red due to my hair. Others call me Gared, a play between my name and my hair colour. You're free to call me whatever you wish. Hell if I care.

How old are you?
18 years old.

When were you born?
August 3rd.

What is your Zodiac Sign?
Leo.

How tall are you?
6'1 ft tall.

How much do you weigh?
150 lbs, or approximately 68 kg.

What is your Nationality?
Nationality? Japanese American; I have dual citizenship. If you're wondering about my ethnicity though, I'm Japanese-Welsh.

Where were you born?
Sasebo, Nagesaki. It's in Japan.

What Grade are you in?
Senior.

Athletics got me in. I'm one of the students on an athletic scholarship.

My academics are average (70%), I suck at art (45%) and of course, athletics is where I excel at (99%)

I'm part of the Misfits club and the Paintball club; though the later had already disbanded. I spend most of my time in the Misfits club. Thanks to the disbandment of my other club though, I'm thinking about joining another club.

What is your Role in the Club of your choosing?
Member. That's all that I am and that's all that I'll ever be.

For the Misfits club, it was curiosity that drew me to it. For the disbanded Paintball club, a friend dragged along with him when he joined.

What are your Strengths?
Sports, obviously. My prime sport is basketball, but my endurance allows me to be good at most sports. I've got good hand-eye coordination. I'm also pretty decent at cooking? I have my busy mother to thank for that. I'm also a fast reader, and I'm pretty good at things that require logic.

What are you Weaknesses?
Arts, for one, is the bane of my existence. I acknowledge how it is important but I simply lack the creativity for it. I'm awful at socializing with others. People say I'm too crass. I may not look like it but I have a low alcohol tolerance. Apart from arts, I'm also bad at history. And lastly, I'm a horrible dancer.

Do you have any Fears?
Why should I tell you?
(Gareth is afraid of heights and he pales at the sight of blood.)

Do you have any Diseases/Any Disorders You'd like to inform us about?
None that is worth mentioning.

What do you Like?
Hmm. I suppose I like winter? I also like candy and apples, but not candy apples. I like sports in general. There's also cats. And scarves, I get cold pretty easily.

What do you Dislike?
*Scoff* Miso soup. People find it weird but since I'm half-Japanese and lived in Japan for the past 14 or 15 years of my life, but I simply don't like its texture and taste. I don't like it when people try to threaten me, but I'm pretty sure no sane person likes to be threatened. I don't like getting or inflicting injuries... just because. (He's afraid of drawing blood out). I hate greasy food, they're way too unhealthy to consume on a daily basis, and I hate alcohol but that's mostly because I can't hold a lot of it in.

What is your Personality like?
I'm a crass, aloof, apathetic, stubborn and cynical person. What? Positive qualities? Who says I have any?
(He is also an honest, independent, assiduous, kind-hearted and caring person)

In no more than Ten Sentences, Please Tell us a little about your Background.
Long story short, Mum had me after she was moved to the new Sasebo branch of the company she was working under and she raised me on her own. I never knew who my father was. I tried asking my mother once but all she said was that he was some Welsh man she met while she was working in the Tokyo branch of her company. It was only around four years ago when she got married. It was some American guy. He brought our family there, I got into Ridgewood and here we are now.

Voice Takashi Kondo (as Sakemaki Subaru from Diabolik Lovers)
Theme Song Burn - Three Days Grace

{/slide}
{slide=Details|center}

xxxxxxxxxxxx Voice: Takashi Kondo (as Sakemaki Subaru) | Theme: Burn - Three Days Grace
I'll tell you now you can't win this ╍╍❞. ■■■ ■You're way too slow
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ i'll tell you now ❖ i'm gonna take this
9BDBmRh.png

`DID YOU COME HERE TO WATCH ME WATCH ME BURN?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▌Personal Information
" Society will judge you no matter what; so why not do whatever you want and be happy. "
Name: Gareth Himura
Nickname(s):
` Red - name called by some of his peers due to his hair
` Gared - a play around his name and his other nickname, Red.

Date of Birth: August 3 ( Leo )

Place of Birth: Sasebo, Nagesaki; Japan
Nationality: American Japanese ( dual nationality / citizenship )
Ethnicity: Japanese - Welsh

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
**⚊ I'll let it show that I'm not always [ hiding ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▌Academic Information
Grade: Senior year
Acceptance Condition: Athletics; Gareth got into Ridgewood thanks to basketball. He one of the school's scholar athletes.

Performance:
` Academics - 70%
` Art - 45%
` Athletics - 99%

Clubs: ( in order of attendance )
` Misfits - Member. Curiosity led him to joining the club and experience has made him stay.
` Paintball Club (disbanded) - Member. He joined the club during his second year after being pushed to by a friend of his. Gareth enjoyed his experience in it as it has helped give him a way to relax and let loose and thus stuck with it til it's disbandment.

Due to the disbandment of the Paintball club, Gareth is looking for a new club to partake in. The Archery, Kendo, Martial Arts and Swim clubs have extended offers to him the previous years due to his reputation as an athlete, but every year Gareth has declined their offers. This year he is considering joining one of the two but still has some reservations about it.; the Psychology club sounds appealing to him.
** Come all the way down And watch me [ burn ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌Personality
` Independent & Assiduous
Gareth may appear like a good for nothing lazy ass jock, but he isn't. He is actually quite the diligent and independent person. Tasks handed to him are done with care and as much precision as he could. It simply doesn't at school show due to being overshadowed by his apathy. Outside school however, Gareth's assiduousness can clearly be seen. Anyone catching him practising his sport on his own could see this. It is also his assiduousness that allowed him to maintain decent balance between his academic life and his athletics.

His independence on the other hand, stems from having an extremely busy single parent. Alone in raising her child, Gareth's mum worked to the bone. She had a night shift which meant that the two rarely got to spend a waking moment together. Regardless, Gareth doesn't hold it against his mother. If anything he's mad at his father for not being there, unaware of the story between the two. He is semi grateful for it however, as it has forced him to learn to how become an independent individual. Ever since they moved to America, following his mum's marriage, she now has more time for her child considering that she now has a husband to help take care of Gareth. Still however, Gareth insists that he can take care of himself.

` Apathetic & Aloof
Behaviour wise, Gareth is more than often seen apathetically lounging around, as if he didn't have a care in the world. Very little things in school interest him. But once something has managed to garner his full attention, Gareth asserts his assiduousness it in. For clubs, he would attend meetings and activities as much as he could. For sports, he would devote time practising alone to improve himself.

Gareth can also come off as an aloof and uncaring person. This isn't exactly false, but neither is it entirely true. Gareth does care for some things (and people), but the number of things he care for are so minimal. He finds it easier to distance himself from others. They don't get in his way and he doesn't get in theirs. That doesn't mean that Gareth is completely closed off to others, it just means that it takes more effort to actually befriend the poor sod.

`Crass & Kind-hearted
Socializing never was and never will be one of Gareth's strong points. He tends to be quite insensitive and use words which others deem to be a little too harsh without meaning to. When called out on this, his apathy comes out in full colours as he tends to argue that he doesn't find his words to be hurtful in any way. He claims that he doesn't understand why people are so sensitive. Thanks to this, it's very hard for him to make friends and quite easy for him to make enemies.

Underneath it all however, if one were to persevere and look into him deeper, one would see that Gareth is actually a kind-hearted person. Just because he is mostly apathetic, doesn't mean he is completely incapable of showing sympathy towards others. People have often painted him as some sort of antagonist in their minds, but Gareth is no villain; he simply one of the many misunderstood guys in the world.

**⚊ I won't let it show that I'm not always [ flying ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌History
` Conception
Tokyo, Japan; the place where a Welsh business man met a young Japanese woman. Both were in Tokyo for a business deal, a business deal that was between their two companies respectively. The Welsh was the owner of his, meanwhile the Japanese woman was merely her company's secretary. In the short one month stay in Tokyo to arrange business details between the two companies, love bloomed. Business mixed with pleasure between the woman and the Welsh. Everything between the two people, ended after the month was over. The man went back to Wales and the woman stayed in Tokyo to resume her work. It wasn't until a month later, did she find out two things 1) the Welsh man was a married man, 2) she was pregnant with his child. Despite knowing that he was married, the woman tried contacting the man to inform him about his child. Her efforts were fruitless however as each one of her emails went unanswered. Shortly after, she was transferred to the company's branch in Sasebo and was instructed to serve as it's head. The woman didn't know whether or not to consider this a promotion, in any case, she considered it to be wonderful as she was considering moving there to raise the child. Months later, the child was born. He was a redhead, just like his Welsh father, but he had her eyes. Regardless however, the child reminded her more of his father. Thus, the woman named the baby boy Gareth; a foreign name for the child of a foreign man.

` Growing Up
Gareth grew up not knowing his father. Ever since he reached the age of being able to comprehend more complicated matters, Gareth wanted to ask his mother about him, but she was always working. At one point, she even started working a night shift making the time that they see each other even less than it already was. She worked six days a week; Mondays were her only day off. Unfortunately, Gareth had school during Mondays. They could've talked when he got back home, but his mum always seemed to be out during the evenings. One night however, Gareth arrived home and saw his mother, lounging on the couch. It was awkward. No one spoke a word and merely stared at each other. Finally, his mother broke the silence with an apology. She apologized for being so busy, for not being there for him. She explained how she busied herself to avoid the subject of his father, she knew that Gareth would have questions, she knew that she wasn't ready to answer them and she admitted that she still wasn't ready to reveal more than needed about his father. And Gareth understood. That night, he asked her who his father was, no more no less. He got his answer and soon the discussion veered off from his father and onto them getting to know each other. That was the night that he got to know his mother.

`Transition
After that night, his mother started to spend more time with him; at least, as much time as she could possibly spend with him. Whether they liked it or not, his mum was their main and only provider and she had an extremely demanding job. Gareth understood though. He understood fully and never held it against his mother. One Monday evening however, his mother suddenly reveals to him that she's been dating someone. It disturbed Gareth at first, the potential of a father figure coming into his life. While he was open to the idea, he also partially abhorred it. Another man to hurt and leave his mother was the last thing he wanted. When he learned that the man was yet another foreigner, Gareth simply couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his mother. It seemed that she had a thing for foreign men. Despite how he feels about it though, Gareth kept quiet and supported his mother. It seemed like she was really happy with the man, the happiest he's ever seen her even. He finally got to meet this potential father a month after his mother told him about their relationship. The bloke seemed fairly decent to him, but he was still wary. Six months later the American man proposed to his mother, she said yes and the wedding came soon after. Not long after they were married, a civil wedding was all they could manage due to their work, the decision to move to America was made. It all happened to fast that everything seemed like a blur to Gareth. One moment they were still in their quaint home in Sasebo, the next they were off to some foreign land. Regardless, Gareth did his best to adjust. It helped that he already looked foreign thanks to his father, European but still he managed to blend well. His new father, and probably the only man he'll ever consider to be his father (seeing as his real one was absent for his entire life), sent his application to Ridgewood Academy. He got in and that was that.
**⚊ So on the way down I'll watch you [ burn ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌Others
` Appearance
Despite the fact that he was already a natural redhead thanks to his father, Gareth didn't like how ginger he looked and thus dyed his hair into a darker shade of red. He keeps it long, but not too long; it ends around where the neck connects with the shoulders. The length at which he maintains it at is what he considers to be "perfect". Due to being stubborn and not wanting for people to mess it up, Gareth makes it a point to trim his own hair. His eyes are of a dark brown colour, but Gareth often argues and says they're more of a burnt sienna especially when under sunlight. With a height of 6'1 ft, Gareth is quite tall thanks to his foreign father's genes. Gareth doesn't keep a close watch of his weight but as he could recall, he weighs about 150 lbs (approximately 68 kg).

` Strengths & Weaknesses
Physical prowess and athleticism is Gareth's main strength. His prime sport is basketball, but his endurance allows him to excel in most sports. Things that require a decent amount of creativity however, are his weaknesses. Art class has always been his enemy. Gareth cannot for the life of him draw. Even in attempting to draw stick figures he fails. Sculpting is what salvages his grade in arts. Writing is also something he isn't good at. He can write a decent paragraph with proper grammar and spelling, but he lacks the creativity to expound on an idea. His essays are mostly graded average or below average. Gareth isn't the stereotypical jock though, there are other things apart from sports in which he is good at. One would be cooking. Growing up with a busy mother has led Gareth to teach himself how to cook.

Other Strengths - fast reader, good hand-eye coordination, singing, logical
Other Weaknesses - socializing / interacting with others, low alcohol tolerance, dance (has two left feet), history (class)

` Fears
Gareth has no known phobias, but that doesn't mean he doesn't fear anything. He is afraid of a number of things, one of which is heights. This fear of his was something he realized he had during their flight from Japan to America. He looked out the plane window and immediately paled when he saw nothing but clouds and water beneath. Another fear of his was blood. It seems out of character for him to have a fear of blood but he does and there was nothing he could easily do about it. The sight of a bleeding wound, no matter how small, is enough to make him go pale.

` Diseases / Disorders
He has no known diseases nor disorders that are of worth mentioning.

` Likes & Dislikes
Likes - winter, licorice, sports in general, cats, scarves, apples
Dislikes - miso soup, being threatened, injuries, greasy food, alcoholic drinks

{/slide}[/stabs]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Navi
//cough.
I think I went little overboard with this.

[stabs=bcenter|100%x1000]
{slide=Basics|center}
92d70e35ddca536239c92fd449b45b10.jpg

"Society will judge you no matter what; so why not do whatever you want and be happy."

What's your full name?
Gareth Himura

Do you have any nicknames? If so, what do you go by?
Some call me Red due to my hair. Others call me Gared, a play between my name and my hair colour. You're free to call me whatever you wish. Hell if I care.

How old are you?
18 years old.

When were you born?
August 3rd.

What is your Zodiac Sign?
Leo.

How tall are you?
6'1 ft tall.

How much do you weigh?
150 lbs, or approximately 68 kg.

What is your Nationality?
Nationality? Japanese American; I have dual citizenship. If you're wondering about my ethnicity though, I'm Japanese-Welsh.

Where were you born?
Sasebo, Nagesaki. It's in Japan.

What Grade are you in?
Senior.

Athletics got me in. I'm one of the students on an athletic scholarship.

My academics are average (70%), I suck at art (45%) and of course, athletics is where I excel at (99%)

I'm part of the Misfits club and the Paintball club; though the later had already disbanded. I spend most of my time in the Misfits club. Thanks to the disbandment of my other club though, I'm thinking about joining another club.

Member. That's all that I am and that's all that I'll ever be.

For the Misfits club, it was curiosity that drew me to it. For the disbanded Paintball club, a friend dragged along with him when he joined.

What are your Strengths?
Sports, obviously. My prime sport is basketball, but my endurance allows me to be good at most sports. I've got good hand-eye coordination. I'm also pretty decent at cooking? I have my busy mother to thank for that. I'm also a fast reader, and I'm pretty good at things that require logic.

What are you Weaknesses?
Arts, for one, is the bane of my existence. I acknowledge how it is important but I simply lack the creativity for it. I'm awful at socializing with others. People say I'm too crass. I may not look like it but I have a low alcohol tolerance. Apart from arts, I'm also bad at history. And lastly, I'm a horrible dancer.

Do you have any Fears?
Why should I tell you?
(Gareth is afraid of heights and he pales at the sight of blood.)

Do you have any Diseases/Any Disorders You'd like to inform us about?
None that is worth mentioning.

What do you Like?
Hmm. I suppose I like winter? I also like candy and apples, but not candy apples. I like sports in general. There's also cats. And scarves, I get cold pretty easily.

What do you Dislike?
*Scoff* Miso soup. People find it weird but since I'm half-Japanese and lived in Japan for the past 14 or 15 years of my life, but I simply don't like its texture and taste. I don't like it when people try to threaten me, but I'm pretty sure no sane person likes to be threatened. I don't like getting or inflicting injuries... just because. (He's afraid of drawing blood out). I hate greasy food, they're way too unhealthy to consume on a daily basis, and I hate alcohol but that's mostly because I can't hold a lot of it in.

What is your Personality like?
I'm a crass, aloof, apathetic, stubborn and cynical person. What? Positive qualities? Who says I have any?
(He is also an honest, independent, assiduous, kind-hearted and caring person)

In no more than Ten Sentences, Please Tell us a little about your Background.
Long story short, Mum had me after she was moved to the new Sasebo branch of the company she was working under and she raised me on her own. I never knew who my father was. I tried asking my mother once but all she said was that he was some Welsh man she met while she was working in the Tokyo branch of her company. It was only around four years ago when she got married. It was some American guy. He brought our family there, I got into Ridgewood and here we are now.

Voice Takashi Kondo (as Sakemaki Subaru from Diabolik Lovers)
Theme Song Burn - Three Days Grace

{/slide}
{slide=Details|center}

xxxxxxxxxxxx Voice: Takashi Kondo (as Sakemaki Subaru) | Theme: Burn - Three Days Grace
I'll tell you now you can't win this ╍╍❞. ■■■ ■You're way too slow
⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯ i'll tell you now ❖ i'm gonna take this
9BDBmRh.png

`DID YOU COME HERE TO WATCH ME WATCH ME BURN?
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▌Personal Information
" Society will judge you no matter what; so why not do whatever you want and be happy. "
Name: Gareth Himura
Nickname(s):
` Red - name called by some of his peers due to his hair
` Gared - a play around his name and his other nickname, Red.

Date of Birth: August 3 ( Leo )

Place of Birth: Sasebo, Nagesaki; Japan
Nationality: American Japanese ( dual nationality / citizenship )
Ethnicity: Japanese - Welsh

**⚊ I'll let it show that I'm not always [ hiding ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▌Academic Information
Grade: Senior year
Acceptance Condition: Athletics; Gareth got into Ridgewood thanks to basketball. He one of the school's scholar athletes.

Performance:
` Academics - 70%
` Art - 45%
` Athletics - 99%

Clubs: ( in order of attendance )
` Misfits - Member. Curiosity led him to joining the club and experience has made him stay.
` Paintball Club (disbanded) - Member. He joined the club during his second year after being pushed to by a friend of his. Gareth enjoyed his experience in it as it has helped give him a way to relax and let loose and thus stuck with it til it's disbandment.

Due to the disbandment of the Paintball club, Gareth is looking for a new club to partake in. The Archery, Kendo, Martial Arts and Swim clubs have extended offers to him the previous years due to his reputation as an athlete, but every year Gareth has declined their offers. This year he is considering joining one of the two but still has some reservations about it.; the Psychology club sounds appealing to him.
** Come all the way down And watch me [ burn ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌Personality
` Independent & Assiduous
Gareth may appear like a good for nothing lazy ass jock, but he isn't. He is actually quite the diligent and independent person. Tasks handed to him are done with care and as much precision as he could. It simply doesn't at school show due to being overshadowed by his apathy. Outside school however, Gareth's assiduousness can clearly be seen. Anyone catching him practising his sport on his own could see this. It is also his assiduousness that allowed him to maintain decent balance between his academic life and his athletics.

His independence on the other hand, stems from having an extremely busy single parent. Alone in raising her child, Gareth's mum worked to the bone. She had a night shift which meant that the two rarely got to spend a waking moment together. Regardless, Gareth doesn't hold it against his mother. If anything he's mad at his father for not being there, unaware of the story between the two. He is semi grateful for it however, as it has forced him to learn to how become an independent individual. Ever since they moved to America, following his mum's marriage, she now has more time for her child considering that she now has a husband to help take care of Gareth. Still however, Gareth insists that he can take care of himself.

` Apathetic & Aloof
Behaviour wise, Gareth is more than often seen apathetically lounging around, as if he didn't have a care in the world. Very little things in school interest him. But once something has managed to garner his full attention, Gareth asserts his assiduousness it in. For clubs, he would attend meetings and activities as much as he could. For sports, he would devote time practising alone to improve himself.

Gareth can also come off as an aloof and uncaring person. This isn't exactly false, but neither is it entirely true. Gareth does care for some things (and people), but the number of things he care for are so minimal. He finds it easier to distance himself from others. They don't get in his way and he doesn't get in theirs. That doesn't mean that Gareth is completely closed off to others, it just means that it takes more effort to actually befriend the poor sod.

`Crass & Kind-hearted
Socializing never was and never will be one of Gareth's strong points. He tends to be quite insensitive and use words which others deem to be a little too harsh without meaning to. When called out on this, his apathy comes out in full colours as he tends to argue that he doesn't find his words to be hurtful in any way. He claims that he doesn't understand why people are so sensitive. Thanks to this, it's very hard for him to make friends and quite easy for him to make enemies.

Underneath it all however, if one were to persevere and look into him deeper, one would see that Gareth is actually a kind-hearted person. Just because he is mostly apathetic, doesn't mean he is completely incapable of showing sympathy towards others. People have often painted him as some sort of antagonist in their minds, but Gareth is no villain; he simply one of the many misunderstood guys in the world.

**⚊ I won't let it show that I'm not always [ flying ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌History
` Conception
Tokyo, Japan; the place where a Welsh business man met a young Japanese woman. Both were in Tokyo for a business deal, a business deal that was between their two companies respectively. The Welsh was the owner of his, meanwhile the Japanese woman was merely her company's secretary. In the short one month stay in Tokyo to arrange business details between the two companies, love bloomed. Business mixed with pleasure between the woman and the Welsh. Everything between the two people, ended after the month was over. The man went back to Wales and the woman stayed in Tokyo to resume her work. It wasn't until a month later, did she find out two things 1) the Welsh man was a married man, 2) she was pregnant with his child. Despite knowing that he was married, the woman tried contacting the man to inform him about his child. Her efforts were fruitless however as each one of her emails went unanswered. Shortly after, she was transferred to the company's branch in Sasebo and was instructed to serve as it's head. The woman didn't know whether or not to consider this a promotion, in any case, she considered it to be wonderful as she was considering moving there to raise the child. Months later, the child was born. He was a redhead, just like his Welsh father, but he had her eyes. Regardless however, the child reminded her more of his father. Thus, the woman named the baby boy Gareth; a foreign name for the child of a foreign man.

` Growing Up
Gareth grew up not knowing his father. Ever since he reached the age of being able to comprehend more complicated matters, Gareth wanted to ask his mother about him, but she was always working. At one point, she even started working a night shift making the time that they see each other even less than it already was. She worked six days a week; Mondays were her only day off. Unfortunately, Gareth had school during Mondays. They could've talked when he got back home, but his mum always seemed to be out during the evenings. One night however, Gareth arrived home and saw his mother, lounging on the couch. It was awkward. No one spoke a word and merely stared at each other. Finally, his mother broke the silence with an apology. She apologized for being so busy, for not being there for him. She explained how she busied herself to avoid the subject of his father, she knew that Gareth would have questions, she knew that she wasn't ready to answer them and she admitted that she still wasn't ready to reveal more than needed about his father. And Gareth understood. That night, he asked her who his father was, no more no less. He got his answer and soon the discussion veered off from his father and onto them getting to know each other. That was the night that he got to know his mother.

`Transition
After that night, his mother started to spend more time with him; at least, as much time as she could possibly spend with him. Whether they liked it or not, his mum was their main and only provider and she had an extremely demanding job. Gareth understood though. He understood fully and never held it against his mother. One Monday evening however, his mother suddenly reveals to him that she's been dating someone. It disturbed Gareth at first, the potential of a father figure coming into his life. While he was open to the idea, he also partially abhorred it. Another man to hurt and leave his mother was the last thing he wanted. When he learned that the man was yet another foreigner, Gareth simply couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his mother. It seemed that she had a thing for foreign men. Despite how he feels about it though, Gareth kept quiet and supported his mother. It seemed like she was really happy with the man, the happiest he's ever seen her even. He finally got to meet this potential father a month after his mother told him about their relationship. The bloke seemed fairly decent to him, but he was still wary. Six months later the American man proposed to his mother, she said yes and the wedding came soon after. Not long after they were married, a civil wedding was all they could manage due to their work, the decision to move to America was made. It all happened to fast that everything seemed like a blur to Gareth. One moment they were still in their quaint home in Sasebo, the next they were off to some foreign land. Regardless, Gareth did his best to adjust. It helped that he already looked foreign thanks to his father, European but still he managed to blend well. His new father, and probably the only man he'll ever consider to be his father (seeing as his real one was absent for his entire life), sent his application to Ridgewood Academy. He got in and that was that.
**⚊ So on the way down I'll watch you [ burn ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

▌Others
` Appearance
Despite the fact that he was already a natural redhead thanks to his father, Gareth didn't like how ginger he looked and thus dyed his hair into a darker shade of red. He keeps it long, but not too long; it ends around where the neck connects with the shoulders. The length at which he maintains it at is what he considers to be "perfect". Due to being stubborn and not wanting for people to mess it up, Gareth makes it a point to trim his own hair. His eyes are of a dark brown colour, but Gareth often argues and says they're more of a burnt sienna especially when under sunlight. With a height of 6'1 ft, Gareth is quite tall thanks to his foreign father's genes. Gareth doesn't keep a close watch of his weight but as he could recall, he weighs about 150 lbs (approximately 68 kg).

` Strengths & Weaknesses
Physical prowess and athleticism is Gareth's main strength. His prime sport is basketball, but his endurance allows him to excel in most sports. Things that require a decent amount of creativity however, are his weaknesses. Art class has always been his enemy. Gareth cannot for the life of him draw. Even in attempting to draw stick figures he fails. Sculpting is what salvages his grade in arts. Writing is also something he isn't good at. He can write a decent paragraph with proper grammar and spelling, but he lacks the creativity to expound on an idea. His essays are mostly graded average or below average. Gareth isn't the stereotypical jock though, there are other things apart from sports in which he is good at. One would be cooking. Growing up with a busy mother has led Gareth to teach himself how to cook.

Other Strengths - fast reader, good hand-eye coordination, singing, logical
Other Weaknesses - socializing / interacting with others, low alcohol tolerance, dance (has two left feet), history (class)

` Fears
Gareth has no known phobias, but that doesn't mean he doesn't fear anything. He is afraid of a number of things, one of which is heights. This fear of his was something he realized he had during their flight from Japan to America. He looked out the plane window and immediately paled when he saw nothing but clouds and water beneath. Another fear of his was blood. It seems out of character for him to have a fear of blood but he does and there was nothing he could easily do about it. The sight of a bleeding wound, no matter how small, is enough to make him go pale.

` Diseases / Disorders
He has no known diseases nor disorders that are of worth mentioning.

` Likes & Dislikes
Likes - winter, licorice, sports in general, cats, scarves, apples
Dislikes - miso soup, being threatened, injuries, greasy food, alcoholic drinks

{/slide}[/stabs]
@darkflames13 Gareth is good to go ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: darkflames13
"Personally, I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until it eventually just goes away."
(Stiles Stilinski, Teen Wolf)

[bg=black]
Suzuya.Juuzou.full.1918219.jpg

Name
"Jody Ayumi Perkins. A unique name, isn't it?"

Nickname
"I don't have any nicknames, actually. And I definitely don't want any."

Birthday
"February 4th. Maybe being a winter baby is the reason for my coldness."

Height
"I'll make it easy and not do centimeters. I'm 5'5", almost 5'6"."

Weight
"Last time I checked, I was...125 pounds."

Zodiac
"I'm that weird stoner who worships Satan, apparently. Rings a bell? No? Aquarius."

Nationality
"I am English, thank you, Father, and Japanese, thank you, Mother."

Place of Birth
"Northern England. If you want to get really specific, then Doncaster, Yorkshire, to be exact."

Grade
"I'm a Junior. Not exactly top of the charts, but still a pretty big deal."

"It would seem that my intelligence is more than just for snarky remarks. Academics, who knew?"

"Hmm? I'd say...75% Academics, 25% Arts, and 0% Athletics."

"You ready for this? Here we go. I attend the Book Club, Cooking Club, Psychology Club, Photography Club, Yearbook Club, Misfits, Astronomy Club, Student Honor Society, Art Club, and Helping Small Paws. Out of all of these, I attend Misfits the most. They're family."

"Somehow I managed to trick everyone into thinking I'm the perfect person for Vice President. What a shame."

"A club full of kids who are rebellious, but can also be kind and like challenges? There isn't a better place for me. Plus, Club Wars against the Elites are too fun to pass up."

Strengths
"I have a knack for writing. Essays, stories, poetries. I can write them all. I'm pretty talented at video games, too, especially puzzle ones. I happen to have a poker-face to be proud of and can lie my way out of just about anything. Lastly, I'm really good at doing nails. It's not a truly useful strength, but it sure does save me money."

Weaknesses
"Sports. Sports are my kryptonite. I always feel sorry for the kids who have me on their team. I also can't seem to focus on one thing for a long time, getting bored easily. Another weakness I have is baking. I can cook, but not bake. Two totally different things. I'm also terrible at being organized. Well, in a way that everyone understands, that is. And last, but not least, I'm not leadership material, which is why I am Vice and not President."

Phobias
"This is getting a bit personal, don't you think? If you must know, I happen to suffer from a severe case of astraphobia and lepidopterophobia."

Diseases/Disorder
"What are you? My doctor now? I don't have any diseases, or disorders, but I do have a few allergies. Like shellfish, cats, and stupidity. The only precautions I take is to stay away from them, but the stupidity one is pretty difficult. I tend to break out in sarcasm."

"What do I like, what do I like... Despite being allergic to them, I truly do like cats. I also like sweets. God, I have the worst sweet tooth. You can bribe me to do almost anything with sweets. Another thing I like is anything Disney related. Did I mention that books are the key to my heart? If you like books and like talking about them, we're instant friends. Last thing, huh? I really like nail polish. Freaking sue me."

Dislikes
"Oh, what a long list this is. A long list that is probably 80% people. Anyway, I don't like water. I'm not much of a swimmer, or a water-park kind of guy. I despise large crowds with a passion. Strangers pressing up against me and, no doubt, yelling in my ears—no, thank you. Stereotypes are surely something that can piss me off. Just because someone looks a certain way doesn't mean they act a certain way, too. I don't like spoilers. Like, at all. And, lastly, neon colors. I'm not even going to go into that."

Personality
"Wouldn't it be best if someone else described me? What if my answer is completely biased? Either way, you asked for this. Let's start with...flaws, oh God. I'm blunt, but I'm sure you've noticed already. I tend to not sugarcoat things, which isn't always appreciated, but I was brought up to not beat around the bush. I'm also quite nonchalant, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's more negative than positive. I mean, would you rather have someone who is passionate and know how they're thinking, or someone who is pretty indifferent and not know how they're thinking? That's rhetorical. Believe it, or not, I suffer from having quite the short attention span. Yeah, I'm known for being scatterbrained and all over the place, but, somehow, I still manage to get in for Academics. Don't ask me to make quick decisions because I'm the most indecisive person that I've ever met. And, of course, my smart-aleck ways never led to positive things.

But enough of my flaws! If you're still here after that, congratulations. Now, onto the good things about me! Obviously, I'm pretty intelligent. No need to go into deep explanation for that one. If you ever need someone to rant to, I'm a great listener. Bonus is that I'll even rant with you, depending on what it is. It may not look like it, but I'm actually a very caring person. I'm always there for those who need help, or just need someone. Another surprising thing is that I'm protective. I hate seeing people getting picked on and will instantly step in, even if they're strangers. And finally, I'm pretty care-free. You'll never see me extremely stressed out, or anything along those lines."

History
"On May 1st, a man and a woman, who's been dating for a while, decided to become one. Nine months later—ta-dah! I was brought into this world. My childhood was pretty normal. I mean, my parents always made sure that I was doing my absolute best and was super encouraging in whatever I did, so that was nice. Regarding school, I was always a bit of an outcast, but I did have a few friends who put up with me. Apparently, I was always in the top of my classes, much to my surprise. After junior high, my parents told me about Ridgewood Academy with the intentions of sending me. So, go I did, and I've been here for three years. It's been pretty nice."

Voice
Louis Tomlinson | English (at least accent-wise)
Sanae Kobayashi (voice of Allen Walker) | Japanese

Theme Song
[/bg]​
All done! I'll need to do a bit of color and size tweaking, but all of the content is there~

Please tell me if I need to change anything! >3<

• Love
Reactions: Navi
All done! I'll need to do a bit of color and size tweaking, but all of the content is there~

Please tell me if I need to change anything! >3<
Everything looks good from what I see. Jody Perkins is good to go!

I lack the ability to partake. I may or may not return later.

Currently clearing my RP log, you see.

I lack the ability to partake. I may or may not return later.

Currently clearing my RP log, you see.
Okay. If you can then great if not then fine. It's nice to see you at least noticed the Thread ^^, so thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.