2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Realistic/Modern, Magic, Scifi, Romance
i be doin' things here

[bg=#4D4C4C]
pwscratched2.medium.png

Tags: @Elle Joyner @Effervescent
[BCOLOR=transparent]Wyn looked miserable. Only when Charlie finally calmed a bit and got a clear look into her eyes, it finally dawned on him that she may not have had such a perfectly heroic experience as he had. Her smile was weary and tired, and Charlie's own smile disappeared as he searched her face for clues as to what might have happened.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...I… I lost someone." Wyn mumbled, and instantly Charlie stiffened. A mother. "Wyn.. I'm.. I'm so sorry." He breathed, his thoughts traveling to the child now left motherless. Not once in his life had Charlie forgotten the dream of having a family, a mother and father like most everyone was supposed too. It wasn't like he'd been alone all his life -- not really, not with Elder Lannya to care for him, but it never felt quite like the safe home like he'd always dreamed of. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The boy had lost his mom, and lost that peace and safety that Charlie immediately assumed he had to have had. The village was a wreck, people were losing their homes, their belongings, their loved ones. Why had he been so gleeful? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...And Hal's not back, yet." Another pang of realization. Hal was not back yet. Charlie jumped from his spot where he'd stood frozen, glancing around for Hal as if he would magically appear before them. Charlie would have bolted away to look for their companion right there if Wyn had not spoken again.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It sounds as though you fared much better. I'm glad they're all made it. You're a hero, Charlie… and you should be proud of yourself." Now realization turned to confusion, and Charlie turned back to Wyn with a confused look on his face, as well as reddened cheeks. No, no.. He wasn't.. It was just a couple of people. All he'd done was guide them away. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Charlie's happy demeanor had already dissipated as he fought his own glee, for whatever reason he'd condemned himself too. Charlie brought the crook of his arm to his mouth as he broke into a coughing fit, the ash finally settling in and the adrenaline wearing off. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wyn rose to meet a new group of people who had come around the bend, and somehow knew their names. Charlie meant to ask how, but once he opened his mouth again the coughing started once more. His throat and lungs burned awfully and it felt like forever until the hacking finally died down. Just in time to see Hal trudge up the path, sadder than Charlie had ever seen the man look. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hal patted Charlie on the shoulder, to which Charlie responded with a quick gasp of pain, because, ouch, right on the burns. He moved away from Hal subconsciously, grimacing at the sight of the aggravated skin, and then watching Wyn tackle Hal in a tight embrace. Charlie swallowed, and looked away hastily. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Everyone in the house I entered made it out safely," Charlie said, voice raspy now. "..but they said that their parents had been out. I don't know if they're alright or not. I hope they made it out okay." He said with a small sigh before glancing back up at the man. "We're glad you're alright, Hal." Charlie said with a small grin towards the man, worry twisted into the smile, but it was genuine nonetheless. From the looks of it, Hal had lost someone too. Loss was a foreign concept to Charlie. He knew it hurt, but he surely didn't know what that hurt felt like. He could only look at Hal with a quiet sorrow in his eyes.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He turned around to face Kathan, studying her features with a curious look. "Your Hal's mom, right?" He said, putting out his hand but then turning his palm upright. The burns weren't awfully bad, the skin was clearly aggravated and blistered, but nothing that wouldn't heal too soon."Maybe we'll shake hands later, if that's alright." He said with an awkward laugh which broke into yet another fit of coughs.[/BCOLOR]

[/bg]

Last edited: