2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi, Hurt/Comfort, Horror, Magical
"Seriously?" Isabel scoffed, scrunching her nose at her best friend's awful choice in condiments. "I thought i had opened your eyes to better ways!" she wailed dramatically as Elizabeth sat across from her. The two had gone on a hunt for the best pizza place in town over spring break, trying new ways to spice them up and rating them based on different silly categories. Isabel had thought she had enlightened her bestie, but here she was on the first Friday after the end of spring break and she was back to her old ways.
"You have a stomach of cast iron I swear," Janai said, chewing on her salad with a distasteful look at Liz's tray.
tumblr_mkdy9pYsqY1qf33ujo2_250.gif

Reactions: Snowflake
Of course when you go ahead and drop a challenge as obvious as that there is only one way for the situation to end. Not with ketchup, not with mayo, but with both and then relish and mustard on top as well. Hell she even dropped a splash of ranch dressing on the slice of pizza. By that point it was just a piece of dough with condiments on it, whatever pepperoni was underneath was drowning in the dripping mess of colours. Elizabeth looked Izzie dead in the eye her face scowling and staring at her friend as she brought the slice to her mouth and devoured half of the pizza in one bite. She maintained eye contact until the entire slice was gone and all that was left was a sense of triumphant achievement. Because this was never about the pizza, it was about people telling her what she should do or not do. Wiping off her lips with a napkin she leaned back hand resting on her upturned skateboard on the hair beside her. "I will not be tamed by your meager societal norms!" She spoke to her friends a cacophony of smells coming out of her mouth. "Now suffer in my awesome presence! This is your punishment, the breath straight from the sulfur pits of Hades!"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Ravenbelle
tumblr_inline_n497e8F5MF1s3m2fo.gif

"Good grief.." she broke eye contact and rolled her eyes. "I hope you know this doesn't faze me anymore. I am noseblind. Invulnerable. Like a cat lady with no idea her house smells like litter." Izzie smiled, knowing full well Liz was drawing attention of other students, but everyone knew Liz was a weird one anyway.
"Ah dangit!" Richard ran in with his pizza, sliding into his seat beside Liz and handing her some napkins. "Missed my chance to kiss you before you inhaled Friday's Abomination," he chuckled and bit into his own slice.

• Love
"Don't worry babe. I got a mint." She said taking out a single tic tac and putting it into her mouth and nodding at him with a smirk. "These fine ladies here decided to tell me how I should be living my life and I had to teach them a lesson." She added giving him a peck on the cheek then letting him finish his meal as she kept wiping off her chin and lips from the chemical combo. All the eyes on her were nothing new. She wasn't the type to let it go to her head, but occasionally she would adopt this idea of a grandiose school jester and get up on the table and speak to the crowds like a town crier used to do in the dark ages. After accidentally causing a semi-riot she made an effort to avoid doing it. There were only so many things a principal could forgive. "So what's the plan gang?! We gonna get up to something crazy this weekend?" She asked with a grin her eyes going from one person to the next.

Isabel shook her head smiling and took a bite of her own plain pizza.
"So what's the plan gang?! We gonna get up to something crazy this weekend?"
Isabel blinked. Was having a sleepover tonight for the finale of Pushing Roses not crazy enough?
Janai, having been scrolling through her phone, suggested, "The new marvel movie is coming out tomorrow."
"Oh yeah! I heard this ones gonna be really good," Richard chimed in with a mouthful of cheese.
"I mean I couldn't go because Max and I have a chem test to study for, but please, let us know if it sucked," she continued her sentence in a conspiratory mumble aimed at Elizabeth. "And for christ's sake, get this girl a date!" she nudged Isabel teasingly.
Izzie let out an exaggerated groan. "Geez can I not be left single in peace?! We're freaking seniors it's not like I want a relationship this close to the end of the year anyway!" She tried to reason with them, but alas, they never listened.

• Love
"Who said anything about a relationship? You need to find yourself a nice little victim to wrap em around you little finger and have them strip for you whenever you feel like it." Richard seemed to look away from the group his cheeks taking on a rosy colour and hoping no one noticed, Janai did and she made a mental note to tease him about it all the while smirking at him. "Honestly seeing you all by your lonesome makes my heart weep for you. It's obvious you need someone keep you company. Some nice and handsome guy that will do what you tell him to. So definitely not anyone from the band right, Rick?" He snapped to attention right away. "Yeah no, those guys are assholes, don't get me wrong, love em to death but no I am not setting you up with them." He said shaking his head. "But, I think Dave is free!" He said excited and Elizabeth visibly perking up at that. "Oh I almost forgot about Dave, he will be perfect for you Iz. He's polite and funny, meek but also confident. You'll love him, just imagine a young Leonardo DiCaprio and that's basically Dave." She said eyes wide and an approving smile across her face.

Isabel covered her face with her hands, face going beet red with embarrassment. She had not signed up for this and she would never stoop to that level of manipulation. Of course, she knew that Lizzie wouldn't either, but the implication that she could made her cheeks rosy regardless, again to the amusement of everyone around her. It's not like she'd never dated before, but if there was no way for the romance of it all to make any headway, she didn't see the point. Besides, she had plenty of company. And she'd only met Dave in terms of students that sat on the opposite sides of a classroom.
"You guys are gonna kill me!" she exclaimed, lamenting her lack of social skills in any situation the deserved the term 'date'. So of course, that's when the bell for lunch rang and the mad dash of kids from the cafeteria back into the classrooms began.
"Saved by the bell," Janai chuckled and headed off to her next class after they'd thrown away their trays.

• Love
"Best we kill you instead of your lack of dating skills." Elizabeth teased her friend before giving her boyfriend a kiss and causing him to reel back from her breath. "Wuss." She teased him with a slap on the back. He joined Janai on their way to class who wasted no time teasing him about what Elizabeth said and asking him if she made him try on a skirt too to which Richard gently pushed her away from himself dismissively and unamused. "You will be fine Iz, trust me, I know you." With a wink Elizabeth dropped her board and took off down the hall to her class high five-ing a fella on her way there. "Justiii~iin!" She said as she moved past him rounding the slow moving groups of students occasionally shouting at them to part.

Later that day.

Classes ended about five minutes ago and Elizabeth was still waiting on Izzie in front of the school's main entrance. Her red Jeep was parked on the school lot and she was itching to get going bag already packed and in the back along with all sorts of other things she kept in the Jeep. Blankets for picnics and camping supplies such as sleeping bags and a small tent all folded and in the trunk. Bored out of her mind she was riding her skateboard around the entrance wearing a pair of sunglasses on her head.

She had to admit that in their own way, Liza's remarks were somewhat comforting in their joking way. It's something she loves to see as a hint of Elizabeth's truly compassionate disposition showing through even in her everyday skaterpunk daredevil attitude. And even though she'd never say it, she was actually a bit excited for tomorrow. Who knows what could happen?

---

"Geezus you're so impatient!" Isabel called, adjusting her backpack with a slight scowl on her way out of the main entrance. "You know some people walk instead of grind around on their rebellious skateboards all the time," Izzie smirked, towing Liz toward the car by her arm as she rolled along behind her.

• Love
"Time's a wasting, girl. We can't all let the best years of our lives pass us by." She said holding her hand. "And I tried walking once, found out it's for birds. Besides I don't just grind, I also shred bruh." With a quick nod her sunglasses fell to her face. At the jeep she lifted the board and threw it in the back along with her backpack. Climbing aboard into the driver's seat she fastened her seat-belt and turned on the radio switching from a rather loud punk rock station to a more poppy one and lowering the volume. "Look sweetie, you know me. I won't let others tell me what to do and don't do. If I knew a way, I would fly just because people tell me I can't fly, and I'd flip them the bird while doing it too, just to rub it in." She started the car but didn't start driving until Isabel was in and fastened. For all her spunk and punk she wasn't a dumb-ass to drive without a seat-belt regardless of it was her or her passengers. Cruising to Isabel's house at just bellow the speed limit they were bound to avoid any and all trouble.

The Jeep's paintjob was crimson red and other than some dirt on the bottom it was almost spotless. Insides however were a bit more messy as she often visited the drive-through and more than often had her meals in the car or even while driving. There were a few stray stains here and there, maybe a wrapper somewhere on the floor. She had a small blue fuzzy die hanging from the rear view mirror, a gift from Izzie when she first got the car and right beside was a small silver Anarchy symbol she got from Richard.

Izzie just laughed at her best friend as her sunglasses fell onto the bridge of her nose. After Liza had tossed her stuff in the back, she hopped into the passenger side with her bag in the space in front of her seat. Jeeps are roomy that way. Honestly, she would probably prefer this kind of car if she were to get one (in a different color of course), but that would take years of saving and she wouldn't dare ask her mom or make her feel guilty for it; not with their budget.
Isabel buckled in, rolling her shoulders uncomfortably before slumping forward a bit.
"Look sweetie, you know me. I won't let others tell me what to do and don't do. If I knew a way, I would fly just because people tell me I can't fly, and I'd flip them the bird while doing it too, just to rub it in."
"Oh trust me, I'm aware. Remember last year when we almost dyed your hair blue in the bathroom just because someone challenged you and then you decided to challenge them back by changing your mind in the middle of the dye job because 'you don't have to change your look to be punk rock?'" Izzie laughed, checking her phone notifications as they rode along. Isabel's house wasn't far from the school so they should get there soon and if they get lucky, Mom will have left a snack for them.

• Love
"Hell yeah! And I looked fucking adorable didn't I? I bet you wanted me to dye my lovely locks blue. It's your favourite isn't it." She said swatting at the blue fuzzy die. Coming into view of Izzie's house Elizabeth deftly maneuvered the big vehicle into the drive way and parked it without any need to adjust her positioning. "Casa Blanca, final station, disembark please and prepare your tickets for inspection those without tickets can pay for ride in kisses." She announced through two hands covering her mouth making her voice sound distorted. Reaching back she grabbed the overnight bag and stepped out of the Jeep joining her friend in front of the house. Excitedly jumping she was ecstatic to be here, their sleepovers were always fun and Elizabeth could never refuse an invitation from her friend, especially with how much time she was spending with Richard lately she really wanted to do as much as she could with Izzie just in case they end up going separate ways after high-school.

• Love
"Hell yeah! And I looked fucking adorable didn't I? I bet you wanted me to dye my lovely locks blue. It's your favourite isn't it."
Isabel giggled, definitely not denying it. She unbuckled her seatbelt as Elizabeth turned her voice into an airplane speaker and Izzie rolled her eyes, unable to contain her smile. This was going to be so much fun!
"...prepare your tickets for inspection those without tickets can pay for ride in kisses." She announced. Reaching back she grabbed the overnight bag
Isabel kissed Lizzie's cheek as she was reaching for her bag before grabbing her while they both stepped out and up toward the door. She turned her home key in the front door and headed straight to the kitchen after locking it behind her.
"YES! Mom made dulce-de-leche cookies!" Somehow she managed to finish her sentence before taking a hunk out of the middle one, still gooey and warm from out of the plastic wrap lying on the counter. She must have timed the cooling time perfectly just before heading out for her shift at the hospital. "Mmm...just make sure no-t to eatm all bfore the prmieer," she warned Liz, mouth still chewing on the caramel-esque dough.

• Love
Elizabeth loved visiting Izzie at her place, her mum was fun to be around as well but their house is what kept bringing her back. It had a very homely feel to it, unlike Elizabeth's where everything had to always be in order and disciplined. Cookies waiting for you after a schoolday? Ha?! More like grab the mop and clean the hallways, then spar with mum and then maybe if you still have energy you can do something fun after supper. Liz didn't complain, it was all part of her folks' charm she said. They wanted her to be a hardworking girl that always strive to be better every day and she ate it all up. She had enough discipline to always wake up on time without any need of an alarm clock, to be able to fall asleep in seconds, had a fairly good time estimation skills and knew how to focus on what she was doing. Which is another reason she liked Izzie so much as a friend, she was that chaotic factor that was always so relaxed and easy going taking things as they come.

Stepping into the house Liz dropped her bag by the couched and plopped down on her back on it. She took in the smells of the room and colours of the room enjoying every moment of it. As much as she loved her parents and her home she enjoyed moments of peace and quiet. Of course that was a different brand of peace and quiet when Izzie was around. Already she jumped onto the cookies and they didn't even have supper. Unwilling to spoil her meal Elizabeth took an old magazine or newspaper from the coffee table rolled it up and lightly started tapping Izzie on the forehead. "No! No! Drop it! Supper comes first! Bad Izzie! Bad!" She made a jokingly angry face and then smiled at her friend. "I'm craving an omelette. You got some eggs?" Liz asked not waiting for an answer and opening the fridge.

Izzie groaned, pouting up at Liz with puppy eyes until she put the newspaper down. (She did finish the cookie though).
"I'm craving an omelette. You got some eggs?"
"Bottom righmmph," Isabel pointed, thoough Liz had already opened the fridge. She winced and swallowed the last bit of her cookie, rolling her right shoulder a bit. "You know where the pans are, I'm gonna put this in my room," Izzie said, walking further past the kitchen and around the corner to her smallish room. Though it was little, it was just enough space. Like a dorm room, but with a better bathroom, her mom used to joke. She hasn't changed the decorations much since she was a kid, except for those cringy boy band posters.

Otherwise, her bed was still in the middle of the back wall, with a night stand and dresser on either side, plus a desk next to the tiny closet, and the tv on top. The walls were still a pale yellow, but other than that, it was perfect for cozy movie nights.

Isabel plopped her backpack onto the back of the bed and opened her nightstand drawer to grab some ibuprofen and swallow a couple dry. The bottle had been there since last week, but they had an extra in the medicine cabinet so she doubted her mom had noticed yet. Izzie grabbed her phone from her back pocket and texted her mom: Thanks for the cookies!!!❤

• Love
With an affirmative nod Liz poked her head into the fridge and started getting a bunch of eggs out in the end settling for the entire carton. She prepared some spices such as parsley and oregano, diced up a couple strips of bacon and got to cracking a few eggs. With a fork she beat the eggs into an omelette mix and added all the prepared spices. With a free hand she twirled the pan before placing it on the stove and adding the oil. Mixing up all the spices with the eggs she waited for oil to heat up and when that familiar scent filled the room she added in a dash of salt to the mix and poured the first batch of eggs into the pan. The sizzling sound took over the kitchen and the smell of eggs filled her nostrils. Her mouth was already watering.

She set the table for the two of them in the dining room thought it wasn't really much of a meal, just a couple of omelettes. Regardless Liz made an effort to make it seem like a professional meal by folding the mass carefully only for it to spill having not been firm enough. Rolling her eyes she decided that one was for her and making the other one she was more careful with it. This one turned out great, almost perfect even. She garnished it with a piece of parsley and some light ketchup streaks, not enough to mess with the taste but enough to make it look sorta semi-classy. Turning off the stove and cleaning up the counter she took off the borrowed apron and hung it on the fridge handle.

"Hooooneeey~ The supper's ready!" She shouted to Izzie while taking a seat and waiting for her to show up before starting her meal. Liz greeted her with a triumphant smile hoping Isabel would comment on her wonderful cooking.

Isabel stayed on her phone longer than she thought she would and changed into comfier clothes, but when the smell of omelettes filled her room from the kitchen, she headed to the dining table immediately. Eliza called her and she swung in around the corner with a huge smile.
"Oh Darling, this looks positively marvelous! You shouldn't have," she said with a fake British accent while exaggerating her movements before sitting down across from her. Eliza's bright smile was contagious, especially after tasting hers. "Omg it's actually really good though," she chewed. "Thaaanks Lizzie you're the beeeest."

• Love
Elizabeth had finished her meal in record time. She may as well have vacuumed it up without chewing with how fast it disappeared. Picking up the plate she got to washing the dishes she sullied making the thing, by now the pan had cooled off as well so she got to cleaning it all up. It was a short job really, she didn't use much. "When does the finale start?" She shouted over the sound of water and dishes clanking. Pushing Roses wasn't that interesting of a show but Elizabeth would use any chance she got to hang out with Izzie. After the washing up was done she dried her hands on the apron hanging from the fridge handle and joined her friend after picking up her bag. "Shall we, Madam?!" She asked gesturing to her room.

"I don't know how you've never burned your esophagus with how fast you eat hot foods, but this is why my mom loves you," Isabel gestured at her friend's sweet gesture while she finished up her own plate. There was silence while she washed dishes, but it was companionable silence, which made Isabel smile. Regardless of what they were doing, being around each other on its own is enough for them and she loves it.
"When does the finale start?"
"It starts at 8, so we still have a few hours,"
Maybe before the show they could play some games or gossip or watch funny youtube videos or something.
"Shall we, Madam?!"
"Not without the cookies!" Isabel grabbed the tray, now cooled from the counter and headed back to her room with Liz, opening the door for them both with a flourish.
"Welcome back to my humble abode, fair maiden."

"Your highness." Elisabeth said with a curtsy then entered the room all too familiar to her. She changed into a tracksuit and a tanktop and released her hair from the band. After throwing away her shoes she dropped onto the bed and turned herself upside down facing Izzie. "So what now? Truth or Dare? Two truths and a lie?" She said taking a bite of the cookie and swallowing it after a bit of chewing. "We do have quite a bit of free time, we probably should've accounted for it and went to the mall or something. Eh, too late now. What do we do then? Your choice Princess." Liz busied herself finishing the lovely cookie. It was all the better because it came after supper and she was already full so she could enjoy it without thinking how hungry she was.