Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

A lot of teens, after a certain point, lost their fondness for morning, and Jameson was no exception. Unfamiliar surroundings kept him from sleeping solidly for as long as he wanted to, dragging him gradually from a pleasant warmth into the cold reality of life as it was. The events of the night before came back to him in reluctant trickles, and he stayed still where he'd ended up sprawled on his stomach with the blanket pulled up over his head, only a hand showing outside it. The longer he stayed still and made no moves, the longer he could avoid facing whatever new horrors awaited him.

Unfortunately, falling into the snow more than once hadn't done anything for his health and he found his back and feet sore, his bad leg screaming for relief. Hours before he'd wanted to show his face again, he had to let on he was awake by curling into his side instead, pulling his leg up enough to rub some of the stiffness from his knee and calf. Still, when it wasn't so much of a bother anymore he dragged the blanket right back over his head and considered trying to pretend to fall asleep again. Who was going to come make him physically get up out of bed, after all? The headmistress? He doubted it. It was, technically speaking, his first day, and he was going to take advantage of as much leeway as that afforded him for as long as he possibly could.

Reactions: Laivindur
et3d2wav.jpg Alicia Winters

While Alicia was usually an early riser and a firm believer in starting the day as soon as possible, however last night had been stressful and a late one. Dawn rose and when the dim light turned bright Alicia finally woke and immediately popped up out of bed. She throws her arms into the air and stretches greatly, letting out a sleepy yawn before she feels awake. "Wow... how look at how late it is... the sun is shining so brightly. Well i better get to it!" In reality it was still early morning but not the dim moments of pre-dawn that Alicia is used to. Alicia is in a much better mood as she gathers some clothes and heads to the girl's bathroom to shower. Her smile is bright and cheery, it would seem she is eager to start the day and talk with everyone. Plus she couldnt deny she liked to learn as well

After her shower and grooming she heads back to the dorm, practically skipping with joy. With the dorms being shared she can see other kids waking both male and female. She deposits her dirty clothes in her name labeled laundry bag and makes a note to toss it in the laundry chute before she heads to breakfast. In the meantime she rushes around helping people make their beds. She notices Jameson's movements and frowns as she notices him pretending to go back to sleep. She walks over to his bed and clears her throat softly before speaking in a polite and soft voice "excuse me sir, but if you're awake then it would be best to rise and greet the day. A shower and breakfast will make you feel much better! I can even make your bed yourself if you want so you dont have to bother with it today" she smiles and waits for him to answer her. She is wearing a lavender dress with long sleeves, stylish white collar frill, a whitish stripe around the hem of her skirt by her knees, white leggings, her fluffy slippers she has for the indoors, and for style she has a large white ribbon tied around her waist plus a smaller one in her hair

Ann Marie Rayne
images

Alicia's movement brought Ann awake. She stood and stretched after the younger girl had gotten up then made her bed before grabbing clothes and going to take her own shower. When she was done with the morning routine, she headed downstairs for breakfast. She wore a blue, floor length dress with long sleeves over tights for warmth today. She went ahead and put on her shoes, hoping the promised outing would happen later on as she got her plate then went to sit at the table to eat, watching to see who else would come down and if anyone else was already here. She thought about the events of the night before and the two new boys they now had. She wondered what they would be like then wondered if letting Alicia sleep in her bed would stop the nightmares, since she hadn't had another once they were settled.

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Sir?

It was the first sleepy thought that popped into his head when the small, high voice of a younger orphan started to speak so near his bed. The usual wake up call tended to be something along the lines of 'Hey, doofus', typically followed by some sort of threat about someone eating his breakfast before him if he didn't get up. He'd expected staff to come get stern with everyone so the routine of the place wasn't disturbed and yet instead he got a little girl that was clearly much too chipper for so early in the morning.

With a groggy, irritated sort of sound, Jameson pulled the blanket down just enough to see out, intending fully to tell the kid to go bother someone else, and only stayed silent when he recognized her. She was the same little girl as the night before, the one that had blood on her shirt and started turning the walls different colors, and if he guessed right she'd probably damaged the girls' dorms and forced them all into the same room, too. As grumpy as he was, as much as he already hated this place, and as much as the night before had made him wary about letting his guard down around anyone in this place, she'd been through too much to deserve him being a jerk. She was just a kid.

Groaning at a myriad of sore spots, Jameson slung his legs off the bed to get his feet on the ground and made himself sit up and stretch out his back with his hands clasped above his head. "I'll have you know," he said with a yawn once he was done stretching, rubbing his eyes with a hand and smiling just a little at the girl's enthusiasm for morning, "I showered last night." He ran a hand back through his hair in a failed attempt to smooth some of it down where it had gotten rumpled by the bed, and did finally get to his feet to stretch out his leg. "How about this? I go get dressed, and you can make the bed if it makes you happy or you can leave it as messy as you want, and when I come back you can show me where breakfast is." It wasn't as if he'd gotten a tour of the place before chaos had happened. "Name's Jameson, by the way. I'd be super grateful to have a guide this morning."

Reactions: Sarokhor and Wicked
Alicia Winters.jpg Alicia Winters

Alicia cocks her head to the side and smiles at the idea, her blue eyes lighting up at the prospect of being such a help to him. "Absolutely Jameson! My name is Alicia! I will guide you to breakfast as soon as I make this bed and you change. Though I recommend at least brushing your hair, I have a brush if you need one... I know boys don't often care enough about their appearance to warrant owning such a thing" She smiles as she speaks so proper and offers to be of further help. As soon as Jameson gets up and moves away Alicia makes his bed carefully and elegantly, making sure the pillow is fluffed and centered, the sheets are straightened and unwrinkled plus also have the hospital corners folded on the top corners of the bed. She then makes sure the covers are folded back a precise amount of distance to look pristine and orderly. Satisfied with her work she smiles and nods at the bed before rushing to get her brush, being keen on trying to convince Jameson to brush his hair properly while she leads him downstairs to the dining hall for breakfast. She wanted to make a good impression after last night's trouble but honestly this was her everyday with everyone she had the chance to help. It was her way of making friends and taking care of them as well

f0d53msh8jbk6bf8fnhm8md1a01468200661_zpsgvp7qrcz.jpg

♫ Now Playing: 07. 'Morning'

Eden's subdued red hair hung down from her head as she slept, almost fetal in the northwest corner of the ceiling. The boy's dorm was both slightly chilly from the recent weather, and slightly warm from the unusual amount of bodies occupying it.
She squinted slightly, still in the late stages of sleep, as the sun crept across the ceiling and into her face, alerting her to the morning, and the bright day to come. She shuffled around a bit before leaning herself up on her arms, looking down at the bustling group of almost nameless faces, Alicia was there, Anne too. Many of the familiar faces she knew were already up and dressed, preparing for the day.
Eden's cloudy mind knew not of the proper way to go about this whole "waking up' thing, but she eventually managed to stand herself up, walk across the ceiling, and climb over the doorway, moving into the hall.

"Whremmmbbl.."

She mumbled, still greatly intoxicated by sleep inertia. Her movements were decisive, but clumsy, stumbling into the wall, and trying very hard to figure out how to get on the floor with everyone else. Eden's normally dexterous hands flattened against the wall sloppily, trying to get herself onto it, unsuccessfully, and giving up, she sat back down on the ceiling and waited for help, all while casually drifting off every so often.
A typical morning in the orphanage.

Last edited by a moderator:
p5f9R8s.jpg

There were two types of morning people. The good ones, who woke up cheery and with a bit of a skip in their step, feeling like it was natural to climb out of the bed together with the sun. And then there was the bad ones, who couldn't get out of the bed before noon to save their lives, and whenever forced, their communication abilities would seem to revert back into a caveman stage if the grumpy sounding short grunts and groans were anything to go by.

Now, it wouldn't take a genius to decide which group Joakim Hale belonged to. And in fact, it was almost like he was trying to outdo everyone else.

The hemokinetic might have been the type not to sleep much, but when he did sleep, he was generally a rather deep sleeper. But eventually whenever his roommates would start moving about and shuffle in the room, he would always wake up to the feeling of other presences in the same space with him. And for the longest time, Joa felt himself drift back and forth between consciousness and sleep. He must have dozed off at some point while reading during the night, as when he finally did wake up the first thing he did was to tiredly brush off the open book that was resting covering his face. The book fell onto the mattress with a soft thump, and there was some pencil lead smudge on his cheek. The pencil itself was nowhere to be seen.

Joa squinted his eyes, managing about just to keep them open in a small slit to see the blurry forms of his peers milling about. Some sounded upbeat, which should have been illegal so early in the morning. His brow was pulled into a frown that just spelled out "MORNING CRANKY, APPROACH AT YOUR OWN RISK" in big loud letters. This morning's usual forecast would be peeved with a chance of murder. As per usual, his brain was on a slow gear, and it would take something like caffeine to make it function properly. If it wasn't for the hustle and bustle, Joa could have probably fallen asleep again, but alas, the more he listened to the other kids the less likely it was going to happen. So eventually, he pulled himself to sit up, slowly and with great effort, like zombie rising from a grave. And his bedhead was magnificent enough to rival the most exotic birds.

The boy mumbled to himself something incoherent as he swung his legs off the bed. And immediately let out a silent swear, lifting his foot as it was smarting pretty nastily after stepping on something on the floor. Ah, well he found the pencil. He simply kicked it towards his duffel bag with his toes, before standing up. Joa stretched his skinny form leisurely like a cat, cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders. Then he proceeded to shuffle around sleepily, reaching his right hand under his shirt to scratch his stomach, riding the fabric up a little bit. His brown eyes seemed to look into the abyss, his mind not quite yet there, but his body did inform him with one sole purpose that needed to be taken care of. He really, really needed to take a piss or his bladder would blow up. And he wasn't too keen on getting his tomb stone written with "death by pee."

So with the idea of finding a bathroom in his mind, Joa crouched to shuffle through his bag silently, to find his toothbrush so he could take care of his dental hygiene on the same go. Shower could wait until evening; he was the type to take one every other day, to save water and he simply didn't get that filthy easily, especially during the colder seasons. Now to be a teenager during summer, though...

Joa stepped clumsily into his shoes and then proceeded into the desperate quest to find a bathroom that wasn't already occupied. Maybe with a little bit of luck, blessing of a local bathroom god, elbow tactics and dash of homicide he could get one.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 2 people
image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Too much cheer. It should be illegal for someone to be so energetic so early. Still, Alicia's joy was such a big step up from how she'd been the night before that Jameson couldn't help smiling just a little, despite the morning grumpiness that usually plagued him. He let her do what she wanted and just took his clothes with him to a bathroom to change and take care of morning business. Once he'd washed his hands he used the water on them to smooth his hair back a bit until it wasn't sticking up everywhere - a few places, still, but at least not all of it. The night before had left him feeling exhausted and he considered it a credit to Alicia and her tenacious morning-personhood for even making him get up at all.

"There." He said when he'd go a back to her, dressed in a long sleeved black shirt and jeans and eyeing the way she'd made the bed so pristinely. "I'm better now. You don't want my hair in your brush anyway." He tossed his sleep clothes into a drawer and took his jacket from where it had hung on the bed to try, sliding it on. "Now. Breakfast?"

His guide was cheery enough to lead him along, but as they left the dorms he caught a little glimpse of bright red above his head, and glanced up in time to see Eden struggling over the door frame and onto the ceiling above them. His steps slowed, lips parted slightly in continued surprise at her ability to defy gravity - the night before should have taught him, but he was still adjusting to this place.

"Uh . . . need a hand, E?" He asked, looking up at where she was and back down at Alicia, then finally up to Eden again to extend a hand. "Alicia's showing me to breakfast. . . If I pull on you am I gonna go up or are you gonna come down?" The physics of it made no sense to him, and it wasn't like he'd been any good at regular physics in the first place.

♫ Now Playing: 07. 'Morning'

Eden blinked very slowly as James addressed her from below, struggling to make thoughts out of his words. Eden was never really one for mornings, not so much in a 'bad mood' way as a 'struggle to exist' way. She had always been the girl to press snooze until about 4 in the afternoon, or until the batteries in the clock gave out. Many of the others kept their alarms away from her as her reaction was often to silence any alarm close enough, just to go back to bed.
Eden mumbled something.

"mm-idonno..."

She looked down at the tall blonde from her perch, slowly raising a tired arm down into the air, offering a hand to the question. She gave a very tired half-smile, as if to tell a very bad joke.

"lesss..findoutt."

Alicia looked up to see where James' gaze had wandered to. She nearly gasped but stopped herself when she realized it was Eden. Alicia places her hands on her hips for a moment before throwing them up into the air "How in the world are you still so asleep while clearly out of the dorm area and on the ceiling no less?! Regardless we shall indeed help you down. Um... well I would if I wasn't so short so instead I guess Jameson will" She looks up at the tall blond and gestures towards Eden "Well I guess it's up to you to save the princess Sir Jameson, oh royal knight of the kingdom" She giggles as she plays out a little fantasy in her head, her being rather amused by this situation and definitely pleased that James is willing to help Eden out despite not knowing if it will even work. In Alicia's mind the only failure is never trying something at all, and that a truly good person will do whatever it takes to help out someone in need. Alicia wants nothing more than to be that kind of friend to people, not just to make up for the trouble she causes with her power... but because it's the right thing to do. Her mother taught her to always do what's right even if it isn't immediately good for yourself. To be selfish is to be greedy and being greedy makes people miserable as they want more and more. Someone who is grateful and selfless appreciates the small things more. Just like Alicia appreciates Ann's comforting actions from last night and her sleeping with her all night to keep the nightmares away. Just like she appreciates Joa's kindness in the same manner. She holds a high opinion of those two from those actions and definitely considers them friends already. She was growing to like Jameson but it would remain to be seen if he would be a friend or just an acquaintance

Reactions: Romdeaux
image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

Jameson looked down at Alicia with a hesitant sort of smile when she seemed so upset by Eden's floating around, or more accurately her being half asleep while doing it. Maybe these sorts of things weren't so normal after all, he thought. He couldn't fathom living in a place where things like this happened all the time, when he couldn't even tell if he was reaching up to Eden or if she were reaching up to him. Everything was so strange in this godforsaken place.

"A knight, hm?" He acknowledged as he waited for Eden's hand to get low enough to grab hold of, plenty of room for him to get a grip on her wrist when they both stretched for each other from either direction. "What if I weren't a knight? I'd like to think a lowly pauper could save the princess, too, if he felt like it."

Pulling Eden down wasn't quite what he'd expected it to be. He didn't have to pull as hard as he'd thought, but he also didn't have to catch her as if coming out of contact with the ceiling would swap gravity around for her. He pulled her down, careful not to yank and hurt her, until he could get a grip on her elbow, then higher up near her shoulder, and finally wrap an arm around her waist as he tried to get her to be 'upright' again, with her feet closer to the ground than the air above them.

"You're not exactly cooperating, your highness." He complained when he had her head a bit lower than his and her back to his chest, a bit grouchily but with some humor still left in him through the effort of reeling her in. Alicia's little make believe story was a bright spot in an otherwise unpromising morning, and it helped more still that he knew how ridiculous they must look, since he couldn't get Eden's feet to the actual ground. "You even know how to shut this off or am I gonna have to pull you to breakfast like a really strange balloon?"

p5f9R8s.jpg

It took ten minutes, couple of groans and several glares to get the bathroom. As expected, when he woke up at the same time as the majority, there would be a queue. And hell, did the girls like to take their sweet time. And the time is long for one who is waiting, especially with a bladder which's capacity is at its very limit. Thankfully, eventually he did get to use one, and it felt none less than "just in time." Joa made a mental note to start waking up earlier than than the mass. How, though? Well, that was still a plan under process.

When the boy stepped out of the bathroom to let the next in line in, he had also brushed his teeth (and left the toothbrush there, in a mug that was already labeled with his own name), washed his face and done his best to smooth down his wayward hair with his fingers and some water. The finish was passable, and that was all that mattered to Joa. He waddled back towards the sleeping quarters, the motions still slow due to his sleepy brain, but now much more awake than before. Coffee, his life elixir, was still in the list of morning needs to make him act like a whole person again.

Before he managed to get to the room, he witnessed the sight of some blond boy pulling down a redheaded girl. From the ceiling. Right. That was totally normal. Something from the back of his consciousness however insisted that there was something wrong with this picture. The boy and girl were about his age, and Alicia was also standing by to supervise the process, all pristine and precise with how awake she seemed and how neatly she was dressed.

"...You need a hand?" Joa offered after few seconds of watching the other boy struggle and stepped forward, his voice still hoarse from sleep and working about an octave lower than normally. The girl was floating upwards like a balloon, and the guy appeared really struggling to get her down. The girl seemed to be half-asleep still and wasn't exactly helping out. Joa made also a mental note how the blond was really damn short compared to himself, and even Joa was still shorter than the average guy. (For his defense though, he was still growing.) He dwarfed the other with what, four inches maybe? Was five pushing it? Five was probably pushing it.

He reached his long lanky arms up to reach for the girl's legs hovering in the air, and spoke to Alice over his shoulder. "And who are you dressed to impress today, milady? If it's me, consider me impressed."

Alicia was a bit surprised to see and hear Joa from the sidelines, him having been watching this scene apparently. She smiles brightly at him as he comes over and offers to help, with an appreciative nod Alicia admired his chivalry in assisting with this situation. However as he did so he had the nerve to look back and jokingly flatter her. Alicia was still and silent for a moment, shuffling her feet and looking at her toes bashfully "W-well no not really... T-this is how I normally look honestly. But I'm glad you like it!" She looks up at him with a light blush of embarrassment at his compliment. Alicia wasn't really used to being singled out for her manner of dress, nor was she used to actually impressing someone. She looks over Joa's rather plain garbs and passable hair and makes an offer of her own "I uh... I have a brush if you want to use it. It might make your hair a bit more tame if you care about that..." As if demonstrating her own care for her hair she twirls a strand of her wavy hair around her finger as the two boys try to help Eden down despite her floaty characteristics right now. Alicia wanting to disapprove of Eden's sleepiness contributing to this chaos but knowing it would be better not to considering she couldn't control her powers at all whether she was awake or asleep

Now Playing: 11. 'Awfully Nice'

Eden struggled to participate as James pulled her down from the ceiling, counteracting about 105lbs of pure Irish lineage. Her body made some odd turns and flips to keep herself from coming back down, likely under the tired assumption that down was up. She continued floating and struggling against the effort of her peers despite the standard laws of the universe, until he'd gotten her down far enough.

"...!"

Eden felt someone grab her waist. She immediately woke up, her face went from #FFF5C4 to #FF0000 almost instantly, and the resulting shift in gravity fixed her predicament.
It also caused her to fall on top of James.

[Bat Noise]

Eden quickly used 'Fury Swipes' and clamored over top of James to the closest wall, pinning herself against it, wide eyed and almost hyperventilating. Her legs still made some autonomous pushing motions, as if to get her closer to the wall than physically possible. Eden was never one to really make a show of herself, but over the years she had developed one exaggerated reflex; She was incredibly prone to reacting quite violently when touched around her waist. She took a few deep breaths before surveying her audience.

"DUDE, I'm really ticklish, be careful..."

To Ricchon, this was not pleasant. The occupants of the dorm had suddenly doubled in numbers, and even though the ruckus from last night's moving had breached through his unconsciousness during sleep, he had not realized until now that it had indeed happened. The girls from first floor had moved to his dorm. Why not to the boys in the first floor? Ricchon thought as he stared at everyone from behind his duvet.
Ricchon's bladder was also quite loaded. In fact, it felt just as full as the dorm room. Ignoring this for the sake of hiding however, Ricchon's eyes followed another new kid across the floor as he made his way to the bathrooms. The boy seemed to have settled with his scars, but Ricchon got curious. Where did he come from? Would he fail in making a good impression on that boy too? Ricchon didn't keep his eyes on the blonde for long as he disappeared into the bathroom. Alicia was standing by the brat's bed. She seemed to easily take charge of waking him up with her sweet, finicky appearance. Ricchon smiled devilishly; Hah! Being bossed around by a girl!
Ricchon had a dark tussle of black hair on his head, and even though he surely could need a hairbrush, he wasn't keen on pampering himself up. The way his hair pointed upwards could be recognized as messy, but also charming. It was silky Italian hair after all. He suddenly remembered Eden on the wall, but he sorely needed to go to the bathroom before doing anything else.

Ricchon was good at avoiding conversation, or any attention at all, when minding his own business in the bathroom. He was good at keeping to himself in general. When he was ready to face the day and go eat in the dining hall, he would spare Eden a visit. He couldn't be sure she was still there, though when he saw the gang of three standing outside the dorm room door, pulling at something from above, he was almost certain it was her. Halting in the doorway when seeing Eden struggle for personal distance, he gave the boys a dark glare. It was as if they'd touched something very important to him, and by a mere look, he was telling them to bugger off. He was wearing his usual black, cotton clothes. Tight fitting long sleeves was what he owned, and he was wearing one of them at the moment. It was tattered by the brims, and the black sweatpants he was wearing seemed to be just as old.

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

As much as he'd been trying to get her down, Jameson hadn't expected Eden to actually fall on him after she'd stayed floating as he pulled her. That was, perhaps, why he was unprepared for her weight suddenly shoving down instead of up, and wasn't braced to try and take the impact. His leg buckled beneath the both of them and he fell to his back on the ground for the second time in less than twenty four hours. He was beginning to feel like this whole building had it out for him.

Jameson gave a grunt of pain when Eden's scramble away shoved a hand - or a foot or a knee, who was to say - into a spot in his gut that was still somewhat tender from recently healed injuries, and he curled into a ball on his side, one hand on his stomach and the other on the back of his head where he'd smacked it against the ground. It was nothing much, he knew after a few long seconds to think about the pain of it, but would probably be a slight bump later in the day, another spot he would have to be careful of. He was getting tired of being sore all the time.

"Christ." The blonde hissed from the floor, holding back a few curses that wanted to come out because he realized Alicia was still around and he'd probably get scolded for swearing near her. "Sorry. . . Won't happen again." He wanted to complain, wanted to defend himself by saying Eden had accepted his offer of help without telling him he should try to get her down by only her arms - but what was the use?

"Is this 'haze the new guy' time?" He grumbled as he got himself carefully sitting up again, shaking his head a little to be sure it was just a minor bump like he thought. "Is that why people keep trying to bruise me?" He caught sight of Ricchon, briefly, where the specter teen was glaring from the doorway, and only spared the effort of an eye roll in response before looking away. Not this again. Could he not just be done fighting with people until he'd at least had breakfast?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked

Now Playing: 11. 'Awfully Nice'

Standing up and dusting herself off, as well as assuming composition, Eden surveyed the crowd of foundlings, among them, her recent helpers, James, and to an extent, Joa. She quickly glanced around at the few outsiders staring at their little circus act, before quickly and haphazardly responding to James's likely rhetorical question.

"Mm..maybe??"

Eden hen fled the scene into one of the private bathrooms, out of which a familiar-looking shapeshifter had just exited, sporting a gently meandering dog's tail. She eyed the oddity as she passed by and locked the door behind her, providing a safe refuge from prying eyes.
Though a girl of intrigue and curiosity, Eden has never been one for the limelight, often shunning the traitorous gaze of even friends to spare herself the bewitching infliction. She leaned against the sink, looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, yet avoiding eye contact. She brushed her long, uneven hair from her ears and, standing straight again, pulled a few bobby pins from her pocket, pinning the more lengthy sections of hair to her head. This was a talent of hers, and one she'd had lots of practice with, as it gave the illusion of a far more boyish person, than when her hair was down.
She used the toilet.

p5f9R8s.jpg

Alicia stiffened and went silent, as if she was unable to cope with what had been said to her. Kind of like those computers he had seen sometimes, when they sometimes processed information and failed with the work overload, jamming completely. Joa followed each stage of her embarrassment with curiosity, studying the little girl like some sort of experiment. After that she looked down on her feet and shuffled them around, stuttering bashfully as a rosy red of her blush started coloring her cheeks. Joa almost couldn't hear her over his inner fanboy squeal how cute she was.

"W-well no not really... T-this is how I normally look honestly. But I'm glad you like it!" She looks up and beams him a smile. It was quite contagious, and despite his groggy condition, the tired boy couldn't help but smile right back at her. There was something special about Alicia Winters; suddenly he didn't feel even half as cranky. But then she looks him over, and the scarred boy couldn't help but feel being scrutinized under her sharp gaze. He frowns, and looks himself up and down, wondering if there's something wrong with his choice of pajamas that he still hadn't had the time to change out of. "I uh... I have a brush if you want to use it. It might make your hair a bit more tame if you care about that..."

"Oh." He mumbles, the frown still present on his marred face, but it melts soon off into a sort of sheepish smile. "Trust me, unless your brush does magic, there's no helping this mess. I'm a lost case. At best, it's probably only gonna get worse." He let out a chuckle that sounded a bit embarrassed, and his gaze turned just then towards a shadowy looming figure at the edge of their little rescue group. It was a dark haired boy who was wearing all black along with a expression similar in tone as his clothing, as if he would have been offended by something as his gaze jumped between Joa and the blond boy. Joa's laugh drifted off as he frowned at the guy in confusion. What was his problem?

He should have probably focused on the task at hand instead, and he could have probably caught the ginger girl in time. Instead, his attention was preoccupied and he missed the sudden change until it was too late. He wasn't aware that the blond boy had put his hands apparently somewhere where they weren't supposed to be on the girl's body (uh, wait, that sounds very bad out of context) and suddenly she just made this incredibly loud and shrill noise and flat out fell from her suspended state, crashing with her full weight on top of the other boy. Joa got quite a shock, jumping backwards with wide eyes as he stared at the predicament of the two teenagers sprawled on the floor on top of each other like a stack of human pancakes. The more unfortunate of the two (at this point he wasn't entirely sure which poor sucker won that lottery) let out a pained groan.

"Wha--?" Joa barely managed to get out before the redhead had scrambled off the other boy, managed to knee him in the gut or something in her hurry and made the kid wheeze out in pain and curl on the floor like a fetus, and planted herself as close to a wall as possible, her feet skidding along on the floor what would have been comical, had Joa not been so surprised by everything that he would have remembered to laugh. The girl had frozen in place by the wall like a deer caught in headlights.

"DUDE, I'm really ticklish, be careful..." She let out a warning complain. A bit too little too late there, Joa wanted to say, already raising his finger up to do so and opened his mouth, but then decided for the better of it and shut his mouth, moving his hand to scratch the back of his neck somewhat awkwardly. He wasn't entirely sure how to proceed with this situation.

"Christ." The blond kid on the floor kept wheezing. Joa did have to hand it to the boy, that all did look pretty painful. If it would have been him in his shoes, he would have been probably letting out something a little bit more colorful out of his mouth than the name of the Messiah. However, many did not take it well for sullying the name of the son of God, and so did the boy on the floor seem to realize. "Sorry... Won't happen again."

Joa just shrugged at that, not really caring one way or another. Blondie sat back up, muttering to mostly himself in irritation, "Is this 'haze the new guy' time?" he asked no one in particular, "Is that why people keep trying to bruise me?"

"Mm... maybe?" Came the haphazard response from the ginger. Joa wasn't entirely sure what that was even supposed to mean. But so seemed the girl be just as lost with her own choice of words by how quick she exited herself right after that, in a hurry to leave, not stopping to look back or make sure the other of her helpers was alright. And not even caring enough to mutter a thank you or apology. Joa couldn't help but frown at that behavior as a whole. What was up with that?

"You're welcome!" He sarcastically called after the girl's withdrawing back, not managing to keep his gob shut any further. That just did kind of piss him off a bit. The irritation washed briefly over his features, but was gone soon enough as he approached the fair haired boy on the floor, and offered his hand. At least someone should show at least some manners here and a good spirit. "You okay, man? That was quite the hit. Er, couple of them, aight. I guess we new guys need to stick together, eh? 'S all we got." His southern drawl was popping up again, the only sign of his annoyance that was rippling under the surface. Before pulling the guy up, he stopped for a second and pointed his scarred face, managing a dry half-smile. "Don't worry, these aren't from getting hazed over here."

From the corner of his eye, he glanced at the dark haired boy still looming about.​

et3d2wav.jpg Alicia Winters

Alicia cant help but break out into a fit of giggling as Eden falls to the ground on top of Jameson. She shakes her head as the redheaded girl rushes off towards the bathroom and Joa calls out to her. With one last little burst of giggling Alicia looks up at Joa and James, smiling brightly. She seems really entertained by all that but also ready to get on with the day "Im sure she's grateful and at least you two managed to get her down and awake so she can get started on her routine. Come on, let's go get breakfast together!" Alicia smiles and waits for James to be up and ready before she goes to grab both of there hands and walk towards the dining hall for breakfast "I promise I wont hurt you Jameson, that you can be sure of!" She didn't want Jameson to feel in danger in this sanctuary of a home as Alicia saw it. She wanted nothing but to show him how great it was here despite the chaos, the same goes for Joa as well. Alicia was a bit too distracted by the aftermath of Eden's little scene and the boys involved to notice Ricchon or she would have definitely greeted him and invited him to tag along with them. To be honest if she wasn't so hyper and hungry she would have been observant enough to notice both James and Joa had looked over at him during all that

Status
Not open for further replies.