Status
Not open for further replies.
Alicia Winters.jpg Alicia Winters

Now in her own bed, the girl only felt the companionship of the bunny. Her arms wrap around her pillow as her face snuggles against the creature, her soft relaxed breaths making the creature's ears twitch. It would not last however as like most nights the same nightmare claims the peace she would otherwise be privy to... Her father had come, through the orphanage door with a blade. His eyes red and glowing, floating on shadows as if using a combination of Ricchon's and Eden's powers. He was merciless, the blade in his hand sinking deep into the flesh of her friends as she watched, wide-eyed and screaming. She reaches out to help them but her power simply makes it worse, them crumbling to ash and dirtying her hands as she looks up at the man in front of her. His voice was manic, loud, and angry "That's right Alicia! You are like me! You only kill and cause harm! Let me end you, it's for the best!" His arm went up and as Alicia watched with sorrow in her eyes it went down and struck her over and over again. Her screams of pain echoing out as her father finally killed her

In the waking world, the only thing that was real were her screams of pain and loud crying sobs. The windows of the dorms cracked and shattered as her power went on a rampage from the fear and pain she felt. With no real target it indiscriminately decays and breaks things down, the windows were only the start of this rather intense episode. It warps and destroys the frames of many beds and the doorframe to the dorms itself decays and crumbles. During the end of her dream, her power finally gets a target, her. Her fear of her powers being an instrument of pain to others just like her father's cruelty made her fear and loath her own power. The fear targeting the source, her. She wakes up with tears streaming down her face, bolting upright as she looks around wildly for any sign of her father or the bodies of her murdered friends. Seeing no such sign she is still in a panic as she feels a burning in her stomach. She leans over the bed and coughs violently, blood dripping from her mouth from slight internal injuries. Her power was done now as the fear of herself went away replaced by the horror of what she had done to the room and herself. Her hair was a mess, the tossing and turning making it out of place and messy... this only adding to the look of a girl who had just been through a hellish nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:
Ann Marie Rayne
images

Ann bolted up in her bed when the screams started, gasping and looking around then wrapping her blanket around her as she headed for Alicia again. The outside was cold and now that cold could come in, though she wasn't too concerned just yet with that. She made a soft sound, tapping her foot on the floor to get Alicia's attention so she wouldn't scare the girl as she came over to sit beside her. She reached over to caress the girl's hair, trying to straighten it out a little with gentle fingers. She wanted to just scoop the girl up and hold her close, but she wouldn't without Alicia showing she wanted the same.

James...maybe just maybe she could make the nice bunny again? She would try to make sure Alicia didn't have so much fear again. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on the rabbit that they had brought inside, how it felt to hold him, how he looked and how he felt. She felt something in her lap and opened her eyes to see...not a rabbit. She was holding a white, fluffy cat. She wanted to hide her face but sighed instead. Would she never call what she wanted when she wanted it? The cat stood and stretched, going to Alicia to rub against her and beg for attention from the girl. Well, maybe this will work after all. She thought then gave a small smile, apologetic and wistful.

Reactions: Sarokhor

Alicia looks at Ann as she comes to sit beside her tear stricken self. She is clearly hurt as she curls up in pain, the blood dripping from her mouth slowly. Alicia wipes her mouth and cries more, her feeling incredibly remorse as she practically dives in Ann's arms... seeking comfort and forgiveness for the destruction she has caused. "I-I'm so sorry Ann! I-I ruined everything... the dorms are ruined again and it's so cold now!" Her tears were flowing evermore even as she felt the kitty against her leg. She looks down at the creature and pauses, her watery eyes looking over every detail of the cuddly animal. It reminded her of Mr. Buttons. The memories bringing both pain and a nostalgic joy to the small girl. She reaches down and picks up the kitty, her being so gentle as if afraid she might harm it. She sniffles and hugs the feline to her chest, her face lowering into its fur to snuggle against it. She looks at Ann with a bit more serenity in her gaze. Her body finally stops shaking and her remorse triggers her power to slowly start to fix things. Not everything would be restored but some of the damage at least would go away. Though the horror of watching things be destroyed without any warning besides Alicia's cries is likely very disturbed too many. And the late night interruptions to rest is unlikely to gain her many friends. Alicia loves to be social but her antics and issues cause her due crisis in that regard. At least Ann seems to be someone who can forgive this aspect of her, someone who can care for her like family

Ann Marie Rayne
images

Ann held Alicia, rocking her and the cat. When Alicia said she ruined everything, Ann shook her head, she didn't see things that way. She saw Alicia as a scared child that needed help and understanding and love, and though she herself felt more broken than whole inside, she would try to give Alicia what love and understanding she could. She was so glad to see that return of serenity to the younger girl's eyes. it was wonderful, and exciting that even a mistake on her part had helped the girl. She couldn't blame Alicia for being unable to control her gift when even the older kids here couldn't control their gifts. Even she couldn't control hers, and she was almost old enough to leave this place, if they could ever leave. Best not to think of that, it would only make her sad. She looked to Alicia again, ignoring any other girls that got up as she rocked Alicia and the cat gently. Perhaps she would try to stay with the girl and keep her safe and happy instead. That might work

f0d53msh8jbk6bf8fnhm8md1a01468200661_zpsgvp7qrcz.jpg

♫ Now Playing: 04. 'Listless Night/Lost Days'

Eden could hear it, feel it, see it all. as if from the eyes of both father and daughter, she looked at both the terrified girl with painless eyes and the horrifying father with painful eyes. Someone else's dream, it was Alicia, how strange, why would she be dreaming about Alicia? Then everything began to blur and fade and it was like watching everything melt away into a new, waking dream. Alicia was hurt. Ann was there, comforting her, the room was destroyed.

"mmm..."

She sat up slowly, eyes cloudy. Eden's hands surveying her face and hair, still mostly asleep. She made some lazy, wavy motions at the windows, broken and cold as snow wafted in from outside.

"ss-top it..."

Eden groaned, barely making sounds. The windows, however, did stop. They stopped being cold and broken, and stopped letting in snow. Shattered pieces of glass shot up from the floor, melted paint and plastic reformed itself, wallpaper and carpet around the room began to repair and reassemble as though being remade. The door, the windows, the beds. Then she collapsed back onto her pillow, reflexively dragging heavy blankets back over her body. Alicia's powers were fixing all the things they'd broken, and Eden was tired.

"g'nighd..."

Reactions: Sarokhor

Alicia looks over to Eden as the red haired girl falls back asleep, feeling terrible that her screams and power woke her from what must be a very nice sleep, Alicia wished she could even daydream about a sleep so deep and peaceful. Alicia's power stops after the windows, her stomach, and a single bed is fixed leaving a bit of destruction behind. The young girl looks at Ann and pets the kitty in her arms before speaking "I'm sorry... I feel better now. I didn't mean to wake you" With that being said the girl sniffles a bit more and gets up, holding the cat out for Ann to take "I will return to my bed... I... I should stay awake so everyone can sleep in peace" That look returns to Alicia's eyes, it was obvious she felt like a nuisance to the orphanage, a danger. If there was every going to be a time she tried to escape from here it would be when she was in one of these mood and she felt her absence would make everyone more happy. There were times worse than this where she felt like her continued existence would only cause harm to everyone and everything. She had suicidal thoughts more than once since she had come here and the nightmares had caused this sort of damage. Right now she was trying to isolate herself under the pretense that it would be for the best. However she hated being alone and it always made her mind get more and more negative as she was left alone with her thoughts and memories

jed6ibqmgfdqea8uof25ven1t11468563792_zpswqyegkdr.jpg

A kind-looking woman of about 40, sat at her desk, peering over a pair of tortoiseshell reading glasses at a stack of inflow paperwork regarding one "Jameson Lee Francis".
"God damn these kids and their antics..."
She muttered under her breath, a voice that was tired, but not unlike a glass of warm milk and honey to help you sleep at night. This was headmistress Meryll. The Don.
Meryll immediately snapped the papers she'd been working on together into a neat stack, gently and bureaucratically setting them aside in the center bin of a three-tiered organizer labelled "working". She got up, sighed, and straightened out her suit jacket.
Donna walked over to a small box on the wall of her office labelled "intercom" and pressed the large, red button.
"I am coming upstairs in five minutes."

She said this in a very motherly tone, but anyone listening knew what it meant. Straighten up, now.

image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

For a while things were quiet, everyone shuffling around a little as they got ready for bed and settled into their individual bunks. It was probably only because of the commotion that Jameson could hear any of the commotion coming from the girls' dorms. He didn't know where the source of the noise was, having not taken a full tour of the building yet, and the noise was coming from across a very large building, but he would know the faint sounds of destruction anywhere. Once one lived in enough places with a large number of kids packed into a relatively small space, one learned to recognize such things.

A little startled and morbidly curious, Jameson sat up in bed and strained to listen, quiet in the dark and trying to see if more sounds would come. Everything was muffled from across the building, of course, so he heard nothing else, and it was the lingering silence that kept his heart beating just a bit too fast, the instinctive nerves around something unknown going on in a place he'd never been before. It took him long, dragged on minutes to decide whether or not he wanted to risk getting up to investigate.

When a woman's voice came over some sort of speaker nearby, the teen frowned and considered again the idea of getting up. What was someone doing coming to visit at such a late hour? Weren't they all supposed to be in bed sleeping by now? Still, it was possible the woman warning them that she was coming would be taking care of the far off disturbance, and he hesitated to lie back down like nothing had happened. Finally, he slung his feet off the bed and got up to walk over to the door and see if he could see anything.

Ricchon woke with a soft moan, and blinked tiredly when lifting his head to look around. This wasn't his fault, he realized as the balance between darkness and light was normal. He dropped his head back on his pillow. Whatever had happened it was probably some kid who'd done something horrible in her or his sleep. It wasn't any immediate threat to him it seemed. The principal was probably coming to set things right. No need to panic.

Ann Marie Rayne
images

Ann shook her head and held her arms open. She ignored the Don's voice and the warning that she would be up soon and simply waited for Alicia to come back to her arms. She wasn't leaving the girl right then, even if they didn't sleep. It wouldn't be the first time she had let insomnia take over and make her stay up because of a nightmare, just that this wasn't her nightmare this time. She touched the cat then pointed to Alicia, she had made it to be with the girl too. She wasn't going to leave unless she felt that Alicia would be alright on her own again. The girl knew, she understood that the power wasn't celebrated like it was for some of the others. It was scary or could be deadly to others. That fear would stop them from embracing their powers or being able to control them with any degree of finesse. They were two of a kind, even if their powers seemed to be opposites, creation and destruction.

With a silent stare Alicia looks back and forth from the cat to Ann, this girl wanted to help her despite all the trouble she caused with her nightmare tonight. Her eyes leak tears once again as she hugs Ann and sniffles. She had longed for someone to care about her since her mother died and now there was someone, a good friend who could understand her pain and fear. Alicia snaps her eyes shut and keeps the cat between them in the embrace as well. The sound of the intercom had Alicia jump and the words made her pale, she gulps and looks at Ann with dread in her eyes "I'm in trouble... she's coming upstairs because of me! She knows what I did!" Alicia was panicked, her worrying about the headmistress punishing her for something she couldn't control. Alicia knew she was like the mother figure of the orphanage and commanded as much authority as a mother. To Alicia it might as well been her actually mother coming to see that she broke some expensive vase or something. She sets the kitty down and parts from the hug to straighten herself up. She fixes her hair as best she can without a brush and sits with Ann waiting for the headmistress to arrive, in the meantime petting the kitty nervously and looking at Ann "I really hope she forgives me..." She longed to be accepted despite her problems being massive issues to the stability and peace of the orphanage on a weekly, no almost daily basis. Her watery blue eyes gaze at Ann for a sign of hope that everything will be alright even if the headmistress is coming here

Ann Marie Rayne
images

Ann shook her head then sighed and glanced to the door before looking back to Alicia. This was when she wanted her voice back, she wanted so badly to reassure Alicia that it was alright and that she would learn control in time, it was what she was told too. She moved tot he side of the bed and wrapped the blanket that she had brought from her bed around them both, idly petting the cat between them as they waited. She glanced around the room, looking to see what they would have to replace in there this time.

et3d2wav.jpg Alicia Winters

The destruction wasnt as severe as it once was. The windows and most of the beds were repaired though the beds were still in poor condition liable to break if too much force was applied to them. The doorframe was repaired but was in such a state that even touching it would make it crumble. Even the flooring was damaged but not badly, mostly aesthetical damage that made it look scarred and worn. Still with the fragile state of the beds and the questionable look of the flooring this dorm would likely be unusable until fixed up again. It would likely be costly and that is what Alicia feared the most. That she would be discarded due to the damages she causes through not being able to control her power and the nightmares that haunt her. She could only wait for the headmistress. Though she took this time to look around at the other children apologetically "im really sorry everyone... i dont mean to do bad... i really dont..." She was embarrassed, ashamed, and worried if the sound of the chaos disturbed the dorm downstairs or even the boy's dormitory across the hall

75284de434ae846ac9763a78d8680190.jpg
Luke Uptin

After a failed search attempt to find Eden with Clary, Luke made his way back to his dorm and laid down on his bed. But he was not alone there, with him in his room was the only thing he considered a friend in the world. His pet iguana, Jerry, who was out of his terrarium and feasting on a piece of fruit. Luke looked over to Jerry and watched the reptile eat it's late night snack before he got out of bed and picked it up with his own two hands. "I hope your day was at least better than mine" He said to Jerry, as he looked at Luke with a vacant reptilian stare. Jerry then got loose of Luke's gentle grip and climbed up is arm and onto his shoulder and rested there for a while. "I'll take that as a yes."

Luke made his way to the and looked out onto the snowy landscape and on the horizon. Jerry on the other hand scoped the room as Luke spoke to him. "Only two more years bud, then we are out of here" Luke then closed the blinds, put Jerry back in to his tank, slipped into his pajamas, and climbed back into bed. That is when Luke heard the head mistress speak out through the intercom... (She realizes people are trying to sleep right?) He thought to him self with a bit of a smug grin on his face. As if the thought the mistress as a moron for doing that, or just an idiot overall. Luke then felt his eyes start to feel heavy, he let out one last yawn and fell asleep for the night.

jed6ibqmgfdqea8uof25ven1t11468563792_zpswqyegkdr.jpg

Donna walked upstairs, hers steps and posture indicative of a lifetime of order and law. She rang a small, old fashioned bell hung up in the hallway. It rang a small, but harsh tone throughout the upstairs dorms, the only ones occupied by what would be the closest thing to her progeny.
"Everyone line up in the hall please."
She announced, in a loud, but motherly tone. her voice reached from end to end of the dorm hallway, waking anyone without the propensity towards a dead-mans respite.
"I'll wait."

Donna's words blistered the soul if you weren't already hardened to the sting of a den-mother's disappointment.

((Apologies to everyone. I've been extremely busy with money problems and a few potential new jobs. I assure you I'll post when possible, even if its not quite up to par... I'm not pleased with this post in and of itself, but everything can be edited. This is what I wanted to get across in her post, albeit with an exorbitant cost in terms of detail and actual good writing. I'm very tired right now, I'll try to get Eden's response up in the morning, and perhaps tomorrow night ill respond to everyone with donna again. Sorry again for the lateness and slow rate.))

The bell rang and at the sound of the headmistress' voice Alicia winces and looks at Ann, "Um... We should leave the kitty here. I don't want her to be mad at us having it..." With one last snuggle Alicia sets the cat down and gets up, taking Ann by the hand for comfort "We shouldn't keep the headmistress waiting..." Alicia was not one to disobey an authority figure and she was raised to give the utmost respect to her elders and those in charge. She takes the time to make sure Ann looks presentable as well, eyeing her up with utmost scrutiny and fixing any wrinkles in her outfit and out of place strands of hair. She then looks at Ann with a pleading expression "Now me, how do I look?" She poses and awaits Ann to fix her up as well, while her bedhead could be fixed there was nothing to be done about the droplets of blood that stained her turtleneck and pajama bottoms. It is clear Alicia is eager to keep up a good appearance and not anger the headmistress by taking too long. She was ready to run out into the hallway and line up as if she was a marine reporting for duty. She already knew the reason Donna was here was because of her antics destroying the room itself... the sound of the headmistress' voice making the dorm door collapse into ash from how poorly restored it was

Ann Marie Rayne
images

Ann fixed Alicia's hair and clothes as well as she could then nodded and took her hand to go out to the hallway. She tried to forget the cat, to make it go away at least for now, but she didn't look to see if it worked. She hoped it worked, or they would have to explain that as well as the wrecked and partially fixed room. She looked to Donna when they came out then took her place in the line. They had been through this a time or two, so she knew what to do even if she didn't like it. Whatever happened, she wasn't leaving Alicia alone anymore. The girl needed her and she liked being needed.

By the sound of the bell Ricchon winced and grimaced in dismay while pulling the duvet closer to hide. Not wanting to end up on the principal's bad side however, Ricchon suppressed a low groan when forcefully sitting up in his bed- looking quite defeated. He threw his black covers to the side, and stood up swaying tiredly. He was quite tall, and with his black clothes (sweat pants and a long sleeve) and black pointy hair he reminded a little of Edward Scissorhands. He wanted to hide away in the dark to sleep some more, but it was surprisingly how quick someone would notice his absence among the lines.
He didn't trust most of the student's to keep their mouth's shut. He knew of two boys who would love to see him in trouble, and it just wasn't worth it. He had this in mind as he walked over to the door. It seemed Jameson was hesitating to leave as well, and Ricchon spoke reassuringly to him "Hey. It's not a big deal. You wanna stand by me in the line? So I can translate?" It was a joke, but his expression was serious and tired. Ricchon had recently started to see the point of friends, and wanted to befriend this platina blond boy, and he hoped talking with him in a friendly manner could help. In addition to his black features, small black circles were under his kind eyes.
@Verona

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Jameson Francis

The tone that rang through the room had Jameson wincing and fighting an urge to cover his ears, the sound of it sharp and unexpected. He'd never been in a place big enough or fancy enough to have intercoms, or what appeared to be summoning chimes that were definitely not for supper. The woman's voice that followed was foreign to him but held a familiar sort of maternal authority. He was largely immune to it after hearing it from so many different people over the last few years, but he still had to wonder what it was for, if it would explain the noises he'd heard from the other side of the building.

As lost in thought as he was, Jameson didn't hear the specter boy's approach, as quiet as it was, and tensed visibly when someone was suddenly speaking right next to him in the doorway. Dreadfully, he had a feeling that this whole sneaking up on him thing was going to keep happening for a while yet.

"Is she gonna start speaking French?" He suggested with a little huff of laughter when the boy suggested translating, but it was in good enough humor. "Never fear, I speak fluent den mother."

Curiosity won out, and he waved the specter boy with him as he moved away from the doorway to show that he would accept the offer and stand next to him, though what he really wanted was to stand outside the line just to be contrary. Disobeying so early wasn't going to earn him any brownie points, so for now he just followed the sound of the voice, the limp in his right leg obvious though not quite as pronounced as when he was a child. He had to ignore the looks drifting his way as they walked and more kids started to file out, knowing he would quite obviously be branded New Guy - and being one of the few still wearing their day clothes wasn't helping him blend in either. He did, however, end up doing a little staring of his own when he spotted blood on one of the younger girl's clothes. What was going on in this place?

Jameson definitely stood out quite a bit to still be in his day clothes, next to all the other boys in proper night attire and whose faces Alicia easily recognized. Another hint was the way he was looking around at people, taking in the sights of the other orphans. Those who had been here awhile wouldn't take such an interest in looking at others as if they were seeing them for the first time. As Jameson looks at the small girl with bloody clothes Alicia was looking right back at him, examining him in earnest with curiosity. She was committing his features to memory though the look of concern and curiosity on his face made Alicia frown, her eyes getting sad as her fearful mind races. He's new and the first impression he gets of me is the sight of blood on my clothes and the headmistress chastising me for my deeds. He will know I'm just a destroyer... I wonder if he will avoid me or if I can still talk to him. Though... he looks hurt, I swear I saw a limp in his step. Perhaps his powers are also self-destructive, maybe we have something in common! I will have to ask him tomorrow! However, perhaps I shouldn't. If he really is like me he won't want to talk about it... I... I don't know...

Alicia stares far longer than she intended to and ends up meeting his gaze before looking away shyly, she didn't want to freak him out and act all weird when she didn't even know him. For all, she knows he could be a bully or a delinquent or some other unsavory type. Her only hope was that he learned to like it here and not break the tepid peace that was the sanctity of the orphanage. Any disobedience or further stress on the caretakers of the place and those who ran the orphanage was an affront to the safety that Alicia found in this place. She wants all the workers to have good stress free days so that they can care for them as long as possible and keep them safe from the dangers of the outside world. In truth Alicia's fear of the real world was only going to cripple her later in life when she's older... though she had already thought about what she might do with her life and she really desired to simply seek a life within the orphanage as perhaps a nurse or other sort of caretaker. She was resigned to live here until she died of old age or otherwise without any thought of even experiencing other things

@Verona

Status
Not open for further replies.