Status
Not open for further replies.
Slide
http://img.allw.mn/content/e2/wd/et3d2wav.jpg

❀ Child of Decay
THE BASICS

⇢ Name | Alicia Juliet Winters

⇢ Nickname | Ali (old friends from back home)

⇢ Age | 11

⇢ Birthday | June 26

⇢ Height | 132cm

⇢ Hair length & color | Brown, brushed and straightened, reaches the middle of the back.

⇢ Eye color | Blue

⇢ Gender | Female

⇢ Power | Molecular Atrophy

⇢ Power limit| While she has the power to decay both living and non-living targets by breaking them down on a molecular level, she has little control over the scope or targets that are affected by using this power. It usually activates when Alicia is afraid and believes something wishes her harm. At such a time her power activates and at first the target she is fearing is the only one affected, however should her fear worsen or continue other nearby objects and even Alicia herself can start to be broken down. Alicia has never once consciously stopped or activated her power, it is always her fear and self-preservation instincts which seem to control the dangerous ability. Alicia has however managed to reverse the effects and replace the destroyed tissue or material when saddened or regretful at the destruction enough to focus on undoing the effects. This however is incredibly rare as it requires her fear to be overcome in the first place
MY LIFE STORY

⇢ Biography / /
Alicia was born to a wealthy banker by the name of Edward Winters and his wife Alison Winters. She lived a life of extravagance and comfort never truly wanting for much in life. It was all provided for her and her every whim was taken care of. It was only when Edward lost his job and his debts were revealed to Alison that the pair began to fight and grow distant from one another. His career ruined Edward turned to alcoholism and abuse... His wife saw the brunt of it but Alicia was a witness to his cruelty... fists weren't always the only thing he struck Alison with, bottles and nearly anything he could get his hands one were used as a weapon against his nagging wife. When there was no more money left Edward turned to crime, his life leading him to adultery before Alison finally chose to leave the man. However Edward came home the day his wife was packing her and Alicia's bags. In a rage he grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed his wife repeatedly in front of their daughter before turning to her and asking her if she would ever leave him like her bitch of a mother. In her fear and shock her powers were awoken at that moment and the knife crumbled in the man's hand. It did not stop him from slapping her, yet such an action was his undoing as his flesh itself began to decay rapidly. He grabbed another knife in hopes of ending his daughter's life to save his own but luckily it was at that moment that the police arrived, their good friend and neighbor Mrs. Galloway had heard the screaming and called them for fear of what was happening in that dysfunctional house. Edward was shot in the chest twice and taken to the hospital to recover before he could be arrested. Alicia was taken into the care of child protective services until she was deposited at the orphanage due to her unique ability. It has been almost one year since that fateful afternoon and Alicia still has nightmares about the events, this often triggering her ability in her sleep

⇢ Themes / /
Missing

PREFERENCES

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ -
Elegant clothing

→ ✓ ✓- Learning

→ ✓ ✓- Socializing

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ -
Drunks

→ ▣- Violence

→ ▣- Being cornered

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ -
Being alone

→ ✗- Physical Activity

→ ✗- Horror Movies​

THE PLAYER

⇢ Username:

Sarokhor

Hopefully that all came out correctly and to your liking. I can of course work on changing whatever may be wrong​
great! ill add you in as soon as i can.

Are my posts alright by your standards?
They're okay. at the very least your grammar and sentence structure are about flawless.

tbh i feel like your vocabulary could use more flavor, but that's a personal thing for me.

you're doing just fine :)

They're okay. at the very least your grammar and sentence structure are about flawless.

tbh i feel like your vocabulary could use more flavor, but that's a personal thing for me.

you're doing just fine :)
What about me?

Wonderful. love the styling and vocab.

check your power privilege. "turn into a wolf" is a lot different from "acquire a few characteristics of a wolf"
Roger. What if she were to refer to a specific body part? Like, "I can use my wolf's nose to track them?" Or should I include the word characteristic?

Roger. What if she were to refer to a specific body part? Like, "I can use my wolf's nose to track them?" Or should I include the word characteristic?
Honestly, doesn't matter what you're saying, I understand that people have different mannerisms and turns of phrase. so as long as her actual abilities don't escalate unchecked (like someone else i know...) you'll be fine.

Honestly, doesn't matter what you're saying, I understand that people have different mannerisms and turns of phrase. so as long as her actual abilities don't escalate unchecked (like someone else i know...) you'll be fine.
Yeah, I think I might limit it to an animal form a day. Like, the first animal she uses that day is the only animal she can gain the attributes and physical characteristics from all day long. And then when a new day starts she can pick a new animal. That way she has to pick and chose carefully what animals she morphs into and can't just flit through like 20 different animals in 20 minutes.

So NPC characters wont have lengthy posts at all? Was hoping for them to be as fleshed out and lively as the main characters. It makes the world seem more complete and not as if things only got interesting if our characters initiate something interesting

Reactions: Laivindur
Yeah, I think I might limit it to an animal form a day. Like, the first animal she uses that day is the only animal she can gain the attributes and physical characteristics from all day long. And then when a new day starts she can pick a new animal. That way she has to pick and chose carefully what animals she morphs into and can't just flit through like 20 different animals in 20 minutes.

What if there's a side effect if she chooses to change, you know: bones shifting and regrowing. Maybe she can shift, but it comes with a cost?

So NPC characters wont have lengthy posts at all? Was hoping for them to be as fleshed out and lively as the main characters. It makes the world seem more complete and not as if things only got interesting if our characters initiate something interesting
I understand she doesn't wanna end up playing many NPC's and get the game ruined for her, though I agree that not being able to interacting with some of the NPC's, even for a tiny while, would cause a troublesome situation, though I will try to if you really don't bother @Romdeaux.

Ah right. I gotta remember not everyone likes playing multiples and NPCs. My apologies

Btw sorry if i miss something you write that is key for your IC post. The color of the colored writing is hard to see

@Laivindur

Btw sorry if i miss something you write that is key for your IC post. The color of the colored writing is hard to see

@Laivindur
Oh,okay. I didn't think anyone would have trouble with that color. Though it's different from each computer I guess.

Well I believe it's actually my problem. I can see it fine now that I'm on my work computer but on my phone it was difficult to see

Well I believe it's actually my problem. I can see it fine now that I'm on my work computer but on my phone it was difficult to see
Oh, okay.

I'm relying on criticism from you guys to right my wrongs as well, this is my first group RP ever. I usually do 1x1s with lightspeed posting

I'm relying on criticism from you guys to right my wrongs as well, this is my first group RP ever. I usually do 1x1s with lightspeed posting
Alrighty then:)
It's important that you don't stress anything, and be patient. Even though there are multiple characters in the same room, your character doesn't have to reply or react to everyone in one post. That will make your character seem stressed and in some chases neurotic. If five people talk to you at the same time, you can't respond to them all at the same time. Prioritize, and be patient. Give others space. Also: a very important thing! It's a huge risk to make your character reply to what's already happened. For instance: When you made Alicia react back in time: You wrote how she tried to address Luke, but Luke's writer had already made him leave. That's unfair because if Luke would naturally respond to that, Luke can't un-leave and reply to what your character did or said.) It's important to try to specify certain things so the others can use your text in order to advance. :)

• 91b973199291be7a50e63e07d599df7c.jpg
  • 00dd64e26b60204597b7b0c0f2ca5189.jpg
  • 107697681-grinning-red-haired-teenage-boy-gettyimages.jpg

⇢ Name | Rowan Lachlan
⇢ Nickname | Puff the Plush

⇢ Age | 15
⇢ Birthday | 27.11.1977

⇢ Height | 5ft 4in (roughly 162.5 cm)
⇢ Hair length & color | Short and messy light red hair
⇢ Eye color | Dull green

⇢ Gender | Male

⇢ Power(s) | Transformation (himself, mostly)
⇢ Power limit| Mental hang-ups. His control is strongly linked to his mental state and the more of himself he changes the clearer his mind must be. Currently if he tries a full body transformation he'll turn into a terrier-sized plushie dragon. He has a decent control if he sticks to tops two limbs.

⇢ Biography / /
Growing up in a lower middle class family things were tough, but fun as he played and spent time with his twin sister in their parent's working absence. With so much time just the two of them it was easy for them to keep their slowly blossoming powers a secret. Though clumsy he often tried to transform into any animal his sister requested, though the result ended up worse than imagined every single time. Each and every time he failed she would call it gross and they'd laugh it off.
Their joy ended when they were 10 and a band of robbers went through the impoverished neighborhood in search of valuables. Hitting their home, a rented place they somehow had managed to hold onto, the robbers gave no regards to the children. The twins, angered, tried to protect their home, but failed as his sister's ability backfired and his turned awry. Having tried to transform into a dragon he in the last minute remembered the plush dragon he had saved up for and given to his sister as a present and turned into an exact replica of that. Laughing the robbers kicked his weaker, but still internally living, form and as a last form of vengeance against their novel attempt, they reported them to the state in order to distract from the chain of robberies.
With no choice in the matter, their parents gave them up and the two were separated and sent to completely different places. Hoping to see her again he tries to keep a cheerful mood and not fall into a temper, as it would trigger a full body transformation. Also, as a way to cope, he took up art to pass time while under the watchful eyes of the government.

⇢ Themes / /
Gary Jules - Mad world
Skillet - Hero

『 PREFERENCES 』

⇢ Loves / /
→ ✓ ✓ - Dark colors
→ ✓ ✓- Photography
→ ✓ ✓- Sketching and drawing

⇢ Fears / /
→ ▣ - Losing loved ones
→ ▣- Having his «cute» form revealed
→ ▣- Never finding his family again

⇢ Dislikes / /
→ ✗ - Plushies
→ ✗- His height
→ ✗- Robbers
→ ✗ - Dragons

『 THE PLAYER 』

⇢ Username: Dragonesper
Dragonesper here, I'm not that skilled at using pictures for RPs…

Let me know if there's something wrong/disagreeable with the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.