[Closed Sign Up/OOC]Bon Voyage

I wanted to join but never got a reply about my character... :cry:
Join! I originally had a character limit but I may as well throw that out the window since no one seems to be posting xD Yes you are welcome to have a deaf character if that is what you want to do, male or female is welcome.

Join! I originally had a character limit but I may as well throw that out the window since no one seems to be posting xD Yes you are welcome to have a deaf character if that is what you want to do, male or female is welcome.
YAY! I will work on a sheet now. I will try and post tomorrow after work.

600full-kristin-kreuk.jpg

Name: Rose Nightlinger / sign name : sign for 'r', then tap both sides of mouth (sign for 'smile' but made with an 'r', given to her because of her bright sunny smile)
Nickname(s): maybe Rosie but I am sure someone somewhere will call her "the deaf girl"
Date of Birth: December 29, 1993
Place of Birth: Scottsdale Arizona, USA
Height: 5'7
Physical Description:
Facial Structure: Heart-Shaped Face, Large Expressive Eyes
Body Structure: Curvy
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Dark Auburn
Skin Tone: A touch on the pale side with freckles. The more time she spends in the sun the more freckles appear on her skin.
Scars: one small scar on her cheek from a trip and fall accident when she was seven
Tattoos: none
Piercings: none
Marks: a few freckles but other then that nothing

---------------
Personality:
Five Good Traits:
- Idealistic = wants to believe that all people are inherently good or perhaps simply misunderstood, wanting to believe this to the point of setting herself up to be hurt
- Open-Minded = since she doesn't want to be judged for her disability to tries not to judge others too quickly
- Creative = because she cannot speak well as a result of her disability she finds other ways to let herself shine, mostly through her fashion sense
- Hard-Working = she feels she has to work extra hard at things to get people to notice her for herself and her abilities

Five Bad Traits:
- Too Altruistic - she wants to give far more then she is able to and forgets to take care of herself
- Has Trouble Dealing with Men = because of her father and brother she has trouble building lasting relationships with men, assuming that they will leave her in the end
- Takes Things Personally - although she is open-minded to an extent she tends to overreact when someone offends her, not taking critisim well since she feels the need to be perfect in all she does to compensate for her disability
- Difficult to Get to Know = since she puts on a show of what she thinks people want to see in order to make them happy and get them to like her she makes it hard for people to get to know the real her, afraid that once they do they will abandon her like her father and brother did

Likes: Rosie likes anything that can make her feel something, be it a color, a kind of food, a movie, a book, an animal or an activity, ect. If it can touch her in some way or make deep emotion it interests her.
Dislikes: people who are nasty/swear a lot (she can tell by their facial expressions) bland food or bland people, anything having to do with numbers or math, when people think because she is deaf she is stupid or can't do things for herself, people who insist on talking around her without letting her know what is being said (especially if she knows they know how to sign), large crowds, hates (no I mean HATES) the color orange to the point where she refuses to sign the color but fingerspells is when she has to and hates eating any food or smelling anything with oranges in it
Fears: Spiders, Fire and Blank Open Space
---------------
Family:
Father: Richard - left when she was five
Mother: Catherine
Sisters: none
Brothers: Nicolas - hates her for being born and has little contact with her
Grandparents: both sides deceased
Uncles: Kenneth - husband of Jennifer
Aunts: Jennifer - wife of Kenneth and sister of Catherine
Cousins: all adopted / former foster children
Shawn - 22 - mentally unstable
Emily - 18 - has cystic fibrosis (CF)
Becca - 16
Cody - 10
Samantha - 7
Lilly - 4 - has Autism

Interests: Sharks (studying about them and watching documentaries about them), Masks, Dystopian Books and Murder Mystery Novels like Agatha Christie and Mary Higgins Clark, Unique Items (for instance she has a magnifying glass that has a handle shaped like a piece of coral), she is also surprisingly morbid and enjoys a good scary movie but nothing with too much gore
Other Skills: fluent in ASL and can read lips, fairly intelligent - understands WAY more then people give her credit for, empathetic - can usually tell what people are thinking or feeling by their body language and facial expressions and reacts accordingly (example - if she sees a person is getting frustrated or upset by a situation she will take over in order to give them a minute to breathe/collect themselves without being asked)
Aspirations: To educate people about deaf culture so that maybe one day there won't be any more prejudice or misconceptions about what deaf people can and can't do. She also wants to learn tactile (hand sign) in order to help people who are deaf and blind.

What is your favourite colour? Wolves

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: B l u E s and Vaila
I wanted to wait for someone else to post but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon... :cry: